2014 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship

imakaveli

[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1390132251' post='8488209']
awaiting frankie lob wedge to flame phil with the same continuous, uninhibited vitrol as shown to a certain player who missed a 4 foot par putt a little over a month ago to lose a tournament. this unspeakable t.c. chen double hit wth a right handed attempt (and we all know phil is left handed!) FROM UNDER A BUSH when a simple unplayable lie choice puts him in position to recover with a sensible shot and the least possible damage done. absolutely makes no sense at all
[/quote]

Haters gonna hate. Bad mistake by Phil but things happen. The guy won The Open last year and majors are what matter. These "well Phil was really stupid" threads give no credit to the guy who wins the tournament. All credit to Pablo for winning it. I feel bad a bit for Rory because that penalty was stupid. Maybe 1 shot but 2 shot penalty. Any - I will let you go back to "hatin."

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The great man and two other golfers signing autographs at Abu Dhabi. I cannot tell who the other chaps are.

article-0-1ABE3EC700000578-345_634x416.jpg

My guess is that the man in blue is Gregory Havret. My other guess was Rys Davies, but I don't think he was in the field. This must have been before the cut? Neither Padraig nor Havret made it.

Look at Phil shmoozing the blonde. LOL

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1390147996' post='8489029']Where is it due? As another poster mentioned, Phil and Rory lost it for themselves.
[/quote]

And Pablo won it for himself.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1390158012' post='8489971']
[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1390147996' post='8489029']Where is it due? As another poster mentioned, Phil and Rory lost it for themselves.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He benefited from their stupidity

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1390159030' post='8490039']He benefited from their stupidity
[/quote]

Most savvy people do.

He managed the course better. The player who does that best usually comes out on top.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

The great man and two other golfers signing autographs at Abu Dhabi. I cannot tell who the other chaps are.

My guess is that the man in blue is Gregory Havret. My other guess was Rys Davies, but I don't think he was in the field. This must have been before the cut? Neither Padraig nor Havret made it.

Probably Julien Quesne... did I win something? :D

Julien+Quesne+Abu+Dhabi+HSBC+Golf+Championship+MP0JTxwUBYDl.jpg

[quote name='Frankie Lob Wedge' timestamp='1390153343' post='8489573']
[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1390132251' post='8488209']
awaiting frankie lob wedge to flame phil with the same continuous, uninhibited vitrol as shown to a certain player who missed a 4 foot par putt a little over a month ago to lose a tournament. this unspeakable t.c. chen double hit wth a right handed attempt (and we all know phil is left handed!) FROM UNDER A BUSH when a simple unplayable lie choice puts him in position to recover with a sensible shot and the least possible damage done. absolutely makes no sense at all
[/quote]

Haters gonna hate. Bad mistake by Phil but things happen. The guy won The Open last year and majors are what matter. These "well Phil was really stupid" threads give no credit to the guy who wins the tournament. All credit to Pablo for winning it. I feel bad a bit for Rory because that penalty was stupid. Maybe 1 shot but 2 shot penalty. Any - I will let you go back to "hatin."
[/quote]
I just see "irony."

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[/quote]

[/quote]
He kept his head down and played his game. Rory had a dumb penalty and Phil was....Phil.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1390159247' post='8490065']
[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1390159030' post='8490039']He benefited from their stupidity
[/quote]

Most savvy people do.

He managed the course better. The player who does that best usually comes out on top.
[/quote]
Crazy how that happens...

I for one am thrilled to see the great Phil Mickelson contend so mightily in his first start of the new year. Makes me excited going forward.

Also a very good sign to see Rory McIlroy play so well. He's going to have a big year.

And Pablo; one of my favorite European Tour players. This guy plays more than just about anyone, and he's had several good chances at victory lately. This win was huge for him, and I'm happy for Pablo.

I can only see the small pic from my phone but isn't it obvious that it's Cabrera-Bello?!

I can only see the small pic from my phone but isn't it obvious that it's Cabrera-Bello?!

Ping G25 hat, so obviously...no.

Welcome to GolfWRX :welcomeani:

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

:sign:

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1390159030' post='8490039']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shame no one benefits from yours eh?

Roll on the Desert Classic, cannot wait, best field they've ever assembled.

Collecting my clubhouse passes tonight :)

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1390177176' post='8491749']
And Pablo; one of my favorite European Tour players. This guy plays more than just about anyone, and he's had several good chances at victory lately. This win was huge for him, and I'm happy for Pablo.
[/quote]

I rather see Phil on the top, Pablo is such an arrogant, snobish and unpolite man, I can´t stand him.

[quote name='dxbrobbo' timestamp='1390288767' post='8499773']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pics if you can please!!!

thanks

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

Great photo from the Presentation

BeWRBxgCMAAyA21.jpg

That is a nice photo, however, to caption rory

"you lucky F_______"

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Great photo from the Presentation

BeWRBxgCMAAyA21.jpg

Pretty big bandage on Phil's finger???

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1390320227' post='8501155']
Phil! Expression is priceless...
[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm9R2_GmZlA[/media]
[/quote]

Not to get all serious on you, but I do very much respect that priceless expression. While another player would be throwing his club and damning the universe, Phil seemed to be saying, "Damn, look what I did."

I wonder if I'm alone in thinking he made a reasonable choice in trying to punch out. Hope he got all his bad luck used up before the US Open this year!

[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1390307015' post='8500053']
[quote name='dxbrobbo' timestamp='1390288767' post='8499773']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pics if you can please!!!

thanks
[/quote]

From the Classic?

May take my camera down and get some from the range and putting green, will post if so.

We tend to sit in the bar most of the day :)

[quote name='Sawgrass' timestamp='1390320858' post='8501217']
[/quote]

Not to get all serious on you, but I do very much respect that priceless expression. While another player would be throwing his club and damning the universe, Phil seemed to be saying, "Damn, look what I did."

I wonder if I'm alone in thinking he made a reasonable choice in trying to punch out. Hope he got all his bad luck used up before the US Open this year!
[/quote]

bones warned him of a double hit possibility so phil was aware.....from what i understand now, he would've had to go re-tee to play his penalty shot but thought the crouching, reach of an attempt to hit the ball from under a bush by flipping the club over option was best (sigh). phil just can't deny the chance of gambling to pull off a wild shot so you take the good and the bad with him

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cool thing about Phil, in my view, is he does not "brood". He has always had a "what the *****" attitude, loose, forgets bad shots easy and moves on better than most do. Doesn't go around like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders, just goes out there with a great enthusiasm. The harder the shot, the more he wants to take it, make it or not, then moves on.

I really think his attitude at his best, almost no matter what the shot is, is like, ahhhhh, whatever, I'm hitting this and it's not like a I have someone on the operating table. Where others get extremely tense and wrapped up in things.

The guy in the lower right in the black hat looks like he has Wilson Staff on the side of his hat. Who else on the Euro Tour play Wilson Staff? I know Padraig does.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1390323320' post='8501531']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cool thing about Phil, in my view, is he does not "brood". He has always had a "what the *****" attitude, loose, forgets bad shots easy and moves on better than most do. Doesn't go around like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders, just goes out there with a great enthusiasm. The harder the shot, the more he wants to take it, make it or not, then moves on.

I really think his attitude at his best, almost no matter what the shot is, is like, ahhhhh, whatever, I'm hitting this and it's not like a I have someone on the operating table. Where others get extremely tense and wrapped up in things.
[/quote]

+1

Good post. Here is what Phil had to say:
[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-2542077/Abu-Dhabi-Championship-Rory-McIlroy-Phil-Mickelson-leaders.html"]http://www.dailymail...on-leaders.html[/url]
[b][size=3][i]Mickelson appeared to be cruising to victory until we had one of those classic unfathomable Phil moments that are the key to his popularity but have cost him a number of titles over the years.[/i]

[i]Asked whether he could remember the last time he had a double hit, he smiled ruefully and said: ’I can’t, but I do know it has happened. You know me, I’ve done some crazy s*** during my career. I go up and then I go down.’[/i][/size][/b]

The guy is human and he goes for it. The fans get a great show, the kids might get an autograph and Phil gives them their money's worth.
[left]
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I doubt he loses any sleep over it.[/background][/left]

The guy in the lower right in the black hat looks like he has Wilson Staff on the side of his hat. Who else on the Euro Tour play Wilson Staff? I know Padraig does.

That is Harrington - GoFuzed logo on the front of his hat.