2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

[quote name='zigfread' timestamp='1406132176' post='9767663']
Used it for the first time last night. Noticed I put the tag for the gap on the lob and vice versa lol was putting the tags on in the parking lot. Didn't do much editing and noticed a couple things... Like I was on the green on an edge but it shows me off etc. only one round but noticed I'm much closer to the hole 100 yards and out than I am 100 yards in. Tried a new driver so it was cool to see the stats for that. Need to work on setting the loft etc and different shafts. But man was I straight with it! Just short. Tried some new AP2's so again cool to see the stats for them real world.
but I have to say I love this thing! I got used to tagging, wasn't a big deal for me. Accuracy was with In 5 yards I'm thinking overall , which is fine when I get a bunch of rounds in I'm sure it will even out. Really like that you don't have to search for your course and download etc etc before you play. Just turn it on and go. The tags on the clubs didn't bug me either. Didn't notice them.
It did show a 37 yard drive, so I think I did an accidental tag. Deleted it but it still shows in my fairway accuracy.
Anyway best gadget I bought lately!

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/r8tedm"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/r8tedm[/url]
[/quote]

followed

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ssramage' timestamp='1406228731' post='9777235'] For those of you that use this, would this be good tool for someone just getting into the game? I've been playing off and on (maybe once a year) for the last 6 or so years, but have gotten into it pretty heavily this year and am trying to get better. Wondering if a tool like this will help my game. [/quote]

Absolutely. Now is a great time to get it. You can track your progress and also easily identify what you need to work on. Say 75% of your drives miss the FW right (slice or push or whatever) then you know you need to work on that (drills, lessons, etc.). If you are already good from within 100 yards, but stink from 150-100, then you know you need to practice your 7-8-9 irons more. Stuff like that.

[quote name='Loki' timestamp='1406433336' post='9793405']
How accurate is this thing, especially in regards to putting?
[/quote]

Not very. There's no way to locate the pin and the accuracy isn't good enough to make much use of putting information, IMO. I do use it to track the # of putts, but as far as distances or proximity to the flag, no.

So I took the opportunity to really go through some of the stats today and look at areas that need improving. Being the geek that I am (and being stuck in work) I transferred stats into Excel to make it easier for me to track and compare stats from today to next month and so on.

My conclusions showed me that

a) I am 4 or 5 times as likely to come up short on my approach shots as to be long (typical under clubbing problem)
b) Strangely enough my SW tends to drift left and my PW right - really need to look at why the big difference
c) my 8 Iron is definately averaging out shorter than expected compared to the 7 and 9 and really suffers from going right
d) my driving has improved over the last 10 rounds but I still need to find the left of the FW more
e) I really need to work on approaching the green from 125-150m which seems to be my boundary for consistency

Anyway just thought I would share to see if others do similar exercises?

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

[quote name='FrankfurtDave' timestamp='1406556723' post='9800653']
So I took the opportunity to really go through some of the stats today and look at areas that need improving. Being the geek that I am (and being stuck in work) I transferred stats into Excel to make it easier for me to track and compare stats from today to next month and so on.

a) I am 4 or 5 times as likely to come up short on my approach shots as to be long (typical under clubbing problem)
b) Strangely enough my SW tends to drift left and my PW right - really need to look at why the big difference
c) my 8 Iron is definately averaging out shorter than expected compared to the 7 and 9 and really suffers from going right
d) my driving has improved over the last 10 rounds but I still need to find the left of the FW more
e) I really need to work on approaching the green from 125-150m which seems to be my boundary for consistency

[/quote]

WHHHHATT!?! There is a way to export your GAME GOLF data to Excel? Where is it? I know what I'm doing all night tonight.

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1406557909' post='9800807']
[quote name='FrankfurtDave' timestamp='1406556723' post='9800653']

[/quote]

WHHHHATT!?! There is a way to export your GAME GOLF data to Excel? Where is it? I know what I'm doing all night tonight.
[/quote]

Sorry if I got your hopes up. I have not found a way to export from GameGolf I did a manual transfer. I wanted a way to store data for comparison month on month and plan exercises to hit the weak spots, hence I mirrored some of the key data into Excel and manipulated it how I want it. This way I also have printable cheat sheets for distances and analysis that I tape to my trolley for checking during rounds.

Would be cool though if they did allow for an export as there are so many other ways of playing with the statistics over time that I would like.

[quote name='FrankfurtDave' timestamp='1406579704' post='9803621']

Sorry if I got your hopes up. I have not found a way to export from GameGolf I did a manual transfer. I wanted a way to store data for comparison month on month and plan exercises to hit the weak spots, hence I mirrored some of the key data into Excel and manipulated it how I want it. This way I also have printable cheat sheets for distances and analysis that I tape to my trolley for checking during rounds.

Would be cool though if they did allow for an export as there are so many other ways of playing with the statistics over time that I would like.
[/quote]

You did get my hopes up you big meanie! Darnit, I have so many shots in my analysis page by now I couldn't imagine manually adding them to excel. Are you just taking note of % missed left/right/short/long based on distance in excel?

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1406580076' post='9803663']
[quote name='FrankfurtDave' timestamp='1406579704' post='9803621']

[/quote]

You did get my hopes up you big meanie! Darnit, I have so many shots in my analysis page by now I couldn't imagine manually adding them to excel. Are you just taking note of % missed left/right/short/long based on distance in excel?
[/quote]

Largely yes but I break it down per course (I generally play 4 courses) which means I can also get a little more accuracy and can focus in on tee shots and approaches to greens better based on holes. I could do similar I guess directly in GameGolf but Excel is easier for month on month comparisons and trend graphs and for seeing everything on one page.

Additionally I use the distance figures on the dashboard but create more of a range rather than only an average but doing an estimate of where 90% of the shots fall.

Signed 3 rounds already. I think the device and its potential are absolutely great but a lot of fine tunning needs to be done on the web site.
To give you an example I signed rounds of 74, 71 and 71 on a par 70 course. The Average Score shows 74!!!. Asked the Support guys and their answer was that it is because, so far, they only consider par 72, so since I played +2 on average, then they show 72 +2= 74 average. I told them that it was unacceptable since they are providing wrong informationon and they said they will have a look.
Other issues:
- Driving average: figures shown on Dashboard, Analysis and Profile are different. I have not got an answer yet but I think I know why after investigating a bit.
- Analysis/Approach shots/ By distance: I haven't got an answer whether they consider the center of the Green as the pin position.

Overall the way the info is presented is not very intuitive, confussing and not user friendly. It should be much better organised, easier to find and fully explained what each statistic is showing. So far you have to go to support and start searching around FAQ to see if you find what you are looking for.
Having said all the above, the support guys are very responsive and I believe they are really working on the issues that we, users, are bringing up.

Cobra AEROJET LS GD AD IZ 6
TM Stealth 15 Ventus Red 6

Callaway UW 19 Hzrdus Smoke Black
Cobra King Utility 4i MMT
Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-7i / ZX7 8-PW SteelFiber i95
Cleveland CBX2 50 / RTX6 56 /RTX6 60
Cobra King Vintage Stingray / Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I have seen a couple on eBay for 200 I think. If you look at it for what it is and don't expect it to do things that I can't, it is an amazing tool/toy.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Jay, I don't ask for bodily functions from anyone. I have plenty of my own.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Yrrdead' timestamp='1406592213' post='9805129']
Has anyone actually asked for a *.db or *.cvs dump from Game?
[/quote]

The question has already been asked and they stated it was not possible or planned. I have however sent them another request to see if this is still the case and to ask them why they will not consider it.

I will keep you informed if I hear anything back useful.

[quote name='FrankfurtDave' timestamp='1406627456' post='9807907']
[quote name='Yrrdead' timestamp='1406592213' post='9805129']
Has anyone actually asked for a *.db or *.cvs dump from Game?
[/quote]

The question has already been asked and they stated it was not possible or planned. I have however sent them another request to see if this is still the case and to ask them why they will not consider it.

I will keep you informed if I hear anything back useful.
[/quote]

So GameGolf as always provided great support with regards to answering the questions in a timely manner :

Hi David,
Thank you for reaching out to us at Game Golf! We greatly appreciate your interest and support. I completely agree that this should be an available functionality for our users, so I have put in a ticket for our future roadmap of features. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist you!
All the best!

Guess we will have to wait and hope that it is a simple feature and one that others see as being beneficial so that it appears sooner rather later.

[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1406586015' post='9804349']
Thinking of pulling the trigger. What's the cheapest price you guys have found?
[/quote]
[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1406590937' post='9804979']
I have seen a couple on eBay for 200 I think. If you look at it for what it is and don't expect it to do things that I can't, it is an amazing tool/toy.
[/quote]

GUYS...

If you're on the fence because of price, you can buy one for just under $193 shipped at Afterschool.com with coupon code "AFTER15". They are 100% legit and I believe owned by Amazon. I just ordered and they say I'll have it on Thursday.

Can't wait to get started.

193 is a great price. (I got mine at Amazon for 223.) Feel free to add me. tallen01. I'll do the same.

No rounds yet--sadly, tried to use it without watching any videos or reading the instructions. Believe it or not, I got to the course, put in the tags, and could not figure out how to turn the unit on! In fact, after finding no button, I just assumed after I charged it I was good to go, like a Fitbit. Nope. THere's a button hidden under the logo. Of course there is.

Shouldnt be a prob mucky... Just make sure you screw it ALL the way in

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1406772205' post='9821375']
Shouldnt be a prob mucky... Just make sure you screw it ALL the way in
[/quote]

Yep. Just got done screwing in all the tags. It's small enough in diameter that it doesn't "overhang" when the rounding starts. Sits flush.

Can't wait to get this thing out on Saturday. (and probably forget to tag a bunch)

What could this be?

[color=#292F33][url="https://twitter.com/gameyourgame/status/495258632964288513/photo/1"]@gameyourgame[/url][/color]

[color=#292F33][size=4]For some of you the wait will finally be over! Later today we will making another [url="https://twitter.com/hashtag/gamechanging?src=hash"]#gamechanging[/url] announcement (PST)![/size][/color]