2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone move the pin placements to their actual location during post round editing? And if so, does this impact the analysis component? Thanks.

M2 (2017) 10.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS VC 7.2 x
SLDR 15* 3W TP Diamana Ka'ili 80 x
SLDR Hybrid 3 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS VC 9.2 x
4-PW: Titleist 714 MB DG x-100 spined
52-56-60 SM-6
SC Select Newport 2 35"

[quote name='bradbernstein' timestamp='1409369500' post='10034643']
Does anyone move the pin placements to their actual location during post round editing? And if so, does this impact the analysis component? Thanks.
[/quote]

I moved it during post round editing but I am not sure as far as how that impacted analysis.

It did impact distances as I moved the hole around.

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

[quote name='bradbernstein' timestamp='1409369500' post='10034643']
[/quote]

I do because I was led to believe one of the future *stats will include avg distance to pin on GIR. I keep this stat already but will be slick to have on GG too!

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1409363542' post='10034083']
Pretty freakin cool, not gonna lie!

Tagging was really easy to remember to do. I actually had to delete a couple shots because I drove it so poorly today that I tapped for a couple provisionals from the tee and then found my initial drive.

If I hadn't managed to put up a good number (flat stick was workin today!) I probably would have been embarrassed to even sign this round and let you guys see it, LOL.
AVG driver was 269?? Gross....but that'll happen when it hits the trees on the fly ALL. DAY. LONG!!

Had to be an alignment thing. I'd virtually eliminated a slice/fade recently but today it was starting right of my target and fading that way and I just couldn't get it under control, AND THEN, almost every 5w I hit from the tee clipped a branch, hence the 165 yd 5w on # 10 and the 77yd 5w on #5 I think it was....

Either way, super cool re-living the round and remember the good shots (and the bad!) and then being able to see some stats. My 56* wedge is becoming a strength! I like the sound of that, A LOT!!!

Anyways.... chalk this one up to piss-poor ball striking and top notch scramblin! I will say this.....you suckers were in my head all day long....every time I hit a poor drive, what I should have done is left driver in the bag the rest of the day, but I knew you all would be seeing this round lol and i wanted to launch a few more bombs....so I kept [s]over[/s]swinging instead of playing smart.

Alright enough blabberin....go check this sucker out....

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DuffnersWaggle/round/92102"]http://www.gamegolf....gle/round/92102[/url]
[/quote]

Nice scrambling man!!!

So what do you think? Worth the 2 bills or are you going back for the TW's?

He aint going back for the Teedubs.... if he does, he is at Vandy Wannabe

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I played Poppy Ridge today and they have 3 nines. I played 27 holes and Game Golf thought I was playing all 27 on the same 9. It also considered all 27 holes to be 1 round, not 3 separate nine hole rounds. I played 18 on one nine and the last 9 on another. I corrected the 2 nines played on the same set of holes, so it looks like one 18 hole round. I'll try to see if I can use the map imagery to correct map the other 9, but that seems like huge pain and I might be better off just deleting them.

Change is coming
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1127989-grant-the-tanks-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Between the price drop, a discount member's card and clubhouse credit from men's club winnings I was able to pick mine up Saturday for $113 out of pocket.

Jumped on a dinky little 9 hole course near my house to test it this afternoon. I'm impressed. I can see some real potential value in it as the sample size increases, especially with directional tendencies from different yardages on approaches.

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DFinch"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DFinch[/url]

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

I see you are from the Portland, OR area, I coach the Portland Thunder! What golf courses should I play when I live there? Sorry a little OT.

I purchased this device and to be honest, I love it. I think it is perfect for what I am looking for.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/matthewsauk

[quote name='DFinch' timestamp='1409543201' post='10043171']
Between the price drop, a discount member's card and clubhouse credit from men's club winnings I was able to pick mine up Saturday for $113 out of pocket.

Jumped on a dinky little 9 hole course near my house to test it this afternoon. I'm impressed. I can see some real potential value in it as the sample size increases, especially with directional tendencies from different yardages on approaches.

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DFinch"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DFinch[/url]
[/quote]

USGA 0.2 Handicap
Worse part of my game: Putting
Best part of my game: Short Game
Club I love to Hate: Putter
Most Favorite to Hit: Driver
Goal: +2 Handicap 2022

[quote name='timbo08' timestamp='1409409057' post='10035879']
[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1409363542' post='10034083']
Pretty freakin cool, not gonna lie!

Tagging was really easy to remember to do. I actually had to delete a couple shots because I drove it so poorly today that I tapped for a couple provisionals from the tee and then found my initial drive.

If I hadn't managed to put up a good number (flat stick was workin today!) I probably would have been embarrassed to even sign this round and let you guys see it, LOL.
AVG driver was 269?? Gross....but that'll happen when it hits the trees on the fly ALL. DAY. LONG!!

Had to be an alignment thing. I'd virtually eliminated a slice/fade recently but today it was starting right of my target and fading that way and I just couldn't get it under control, AND THEN, almost every 5w I hit from the tee clipped a branch, hence the 165 yd 5w on # 10 and the 77yd 5w on #5 I think it was....

Either way, super cool re-living the round and remember the good shots (and the bad!) and then being able to see some stats. My 56* wedge is becoming a strength! I like the sound of that, A LOT!!!

Anyways.... chalk this one up to piss-poor ball striking and top notch scramblin! I will say this.....you suckers were in my head all day long....every time I hit a poor drive, what I should have done is left driver in the bag the rest of the day, but I knew you all would be seeing this round lol and i wanted to launch a few more bombs....so I kept [s]over[/s]swinging instead of playing smart.

Alright enough blabberin....go check this sucker out....

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DuffnersWaggle/round/92102"]http://www.gamegolf....gle/round/92102[/url]
[/quote]

Nice scrambling man!!!

So what do you think? Worth the 2 bills or are you going back for the TW's?
[/quote]

Definitely worth the 2 bills! Only 1 hiccup so far.... Number 9 at 12 oaks is a new hole, they jad a temporary in there for a year or so.... For some reason when i played it on Sunday, GG didnt record a 9th hole, instead recording the second hole again.... Weird. It also had me down for a 714yd putt lol and i didnt realize that until id signed my card. Oh well....

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

[quote name='CaptainFade' timestamp='1409279482' post='10028611']

I've had this happen a few times, myself, and I still haven't figure out what's causing the issue. I've also had several holes where my approach shot and putts all appear several yards off the green on the map during editing. Even the flag shows up off the green. What's even more strange, the shots accurately reflect "on the green" or "off the green". I'm not sure if this is an issue with their geofencing, or if it's an issue with the map provider.

I should probably open a support ticket, but I usually just fix it and move on.
[/quote]

I see this too, putts completely off the green. I feel that the accuracy of the device is off sometimes its the one thing making me rehtink keeping it.

Its the mapping part of it i am pretty sure...

GPS is GPS...

I think it is just how the shots line up GPS to the Maping

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1409679075' post='10050511']

GPS is GPS...

[/quote]

Wonder where old Billy Gator Horschel's 6i would show up on the map yesterday?? Probably still right in the middle of the crap! LOL.....

Go Dawgs!! =)

[quote name='mikedamone' timestamp='1409674416' post='10050069']
I picked this up a few weeks ago and just noticed that my 9I Tag had broken off so it was just a piece of plastic screwed into the top of the club. Has this happened to anyone else?
[/quote]

Yep, see my posts from a few weeks ago. I had 2 break, contacted support and they sent me replacements.

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1409679218' post='10050535']

GPS is GPS...

[/quote]

Wonder where old Billy Gator Horschel's 6i would show up on the map yesterday?? Probably still right in the middle of the crap! LOL.....

Go Dawgs!! =)
[/quote]

See, you didnt have to go there.

But you did..

You sir, are a lowly smelly, Snaggle toothed, Mississippi State reject....

Yeah, I went there

That shot was just AWFUL...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1409680256' post='10050627']

GPS is GPS...

[/quote]

Go Dawgs!! =)
[/quote]

But you did..

Yeah, I went there

[/quote]

I couldn't believe he hit it! I said to my cousin out loud "he's gonna win this thing man....he might eagle this if nothing else" 5 minutes later he chunks it...and you could hear how bad it was.....just crazy. I don't remember seeing anything like that before.

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1409680355' post='10050631']
[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1409680256' post='10050627']

GPS is GPS...

[/quote]

Go Dawgs!! =)
[/quote]

But you did..

Yeah, I went there

[/quote]

I couldn't believe he hit it! I said to my cousin out loud "he's gonna win this thing man....he might eagle this if nothing else" 5 minutes later he chunks it...and you could hear how bad it was.....just crazy. I don't remember seeing anything like that before.
[/quote]

It was bad enough that he was laughing at it before it GOT TO THE HAZARD, much less landed in it....

I was SHOCKED.. me and the kid were watching in just disbelief...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Biggest downside to this system? Stone cold fatting a 6 iron 78 yards from a perfect lie in the middle of the fairway and the first thought is "that's going to be fabulous looking at that on Game Golf".

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

[quote name='DFinch' timestamp='1409715547' post='10054319']
Biggest downside to this system? Stone cold fatting a 6 iron 78 yards from a perfect lie in the middle of the fairway and the first thought is "that's going to be fabulous looking at that on Game Golf".
[/quote]

Lol! I know exactl what u mean. I wish they had a comment section on every hole....I hit a 7i abt 130 into a hazard the other day bc it was a side hill lie well below my feet, but on gg it just shows up as 130 yd 7i way right of the flag. Brutal!

The Golf Game has changed my game to where I use to be worried about scores, now I am worried about hitting a 7 iron 130 yds. . There have been several times I was 155 yds out and hit a 7 iron. On the system it showed a 130 yd shot for some reason.

I am just wondering who gets busted by their wife for playing more rounds of golf than she was told. All she has to do now is look on their Game Golf account and see how many rounds is played. There needs to be a stealth mode for this system.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1409739637' post='10055011'] The Golf Game has changed my game to where I use to be worried about scores, now I am worried about hitting a 7 iron 130 yds. . There have been several times I was 155 yds out and hit a 7 iron. On the system it showed a 130 yd shot for some reason. [b]I am just wondering who gets busted by their wife for playing more rounds of golf than she was told. All she has to do now is look on their Game Golf account and see how many rounds is played.[/b] There needs to be a stealth mode for this system. [/quote]

Haha. She doesn't realize it when you are gone for 4 hours at a time to squeeze in a round? If I didn't tell my wife I was golfing she would think I am messing around.

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1409716188' post='10054375']
[quote name='DFinch' timestamp='1409715547' post='10054319']
[/quote]

Lol! I know exactl what u mean. I wish they had a comment section on every hole....I hit a 7i abt 130 into a hazard the other day bc it was a side hill lie well below my feet, but on gg it just shows up as 130 yd 7i way right of the flag. Brutal!
[/quote]

Actually they do! Look when you are editing your round afterwards and you can put a comment on every individual hole. I basically spend a lot of time alternating between the phrases "I effed up" and "I really effed up".

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1409743904' post='10055127']
[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1409739637' post='10055011'] The Golf Game has changed my game to where I use to be worried about scores, now I am worried about hitting a 7 iron 130 yds. . There have been several times I was 155 yds out and hit a 7 iron. On the system it showed a 130 yd shot for some reason. [b]I am just wondering who gets busted by their wife for playing more rounds of golf than she was told. All she has to do now is look on their Game Golf account and see how many rounds is played.[/b] There needs to be a stealth mode for this system. [/quote]

Haha. She doesn't realize it when you are gone for 4 hours at a time to squeeze in a round? If I didn't tell my wife I was golfing she would think I am messing around.
[/quote]

My wife tells me if I were messing around she would see me more :superman:[size=4] [/size]

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

[quote name='TheBoomer ' timestamp='1409752577' post='10055893'] [quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1409743904' post='10055127'] [quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1409739637' post='10055011'] The Golf Game has changed my game to where I use to be worried about scores, now I am worried about hitting a 7 iron 130 yds. . There have been several times I was 155 yds out and hit a 7 iron. On the system it showed a 130 yd shot for some reason. [b]I am just wondering who gets busted by their wife for playing more rounds of golf than she was told. All she has to do now is look on their Game Golf account and see how many rounds is played.[/b] There needs to be a stealth mode for this system. [/quote] Haha. She doesn't realize it when you are gone for 4 hours at a time to squeeze in a round? If I didn't tell my wife I was golfing she would think I am messing around. [/quote] My wife tells me if I were messing around she would see me more :superman:[size=4] [/size] [/quote]

Pick your poison ladies!

My wife hasn't a clue what my gamegolf account info is.......that is like the equivalent of a little black book!