Game Golf tracking system (merged)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='timbo08' timestamp='1409752265' post='10055845']
[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1409716188' post='10054375']
[quote name='DFinch' timestamp='1409715547' post='10054319']
Biggest downside to this system? Stone cold fatting a 6 iron 78 yards from a perfect lie in the middle of the fairway and the first thought is "that's going to be fabulous looking at that on Game Golf".
[/quote]

Lol! I know exactl what u mean. I wish they had a comment section on every hole....I hit a 7i abt 130 into a hazard the other day bc it was a side hill lie well below my feet, but on gg it just shows up as 130 yd 7i way right of the flag. Brutal!
[/quote]

Actually they do! Look when you are editing your round afterwards and you can put a comment on every individual hole. I basically spend a lot of time alternating between the phrases "I effed up" and "I really effed up".
[/quote]

Also, I think the average distances it gives you factor out the anomalies, like the 378 yd drive I hit downwind/downhill and the 220yd mis-hit cut into the wind are not part of my driver's average. I think the avg distances it shows for my clubs are pretty close to reality, however since I have started playing more punch shot types, and taking more club and knocking something off for more control, the distances are not my true "full shot average", but it is giving me a true reflection of the distances I am typically using the clubs for, so far I am happy with the results.

M2 (2017) 10.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS VC 7.2 x
SLDR 15* 3W TP Diamana Ka'ili 80 x
SLDR Hybrid 3 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS VC 9.2 x
4-PW: Titleist 714 MB DG x-100 spined
52-56-60 SM-6
SC Select Newport 2 35"

[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1409798439' post='10060941']
[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1409760182' post='10056733']
My wife hasn't a clue what my gamegolf account info is.......that is like the equivalent of a little black book!
[/quote]

For me it's keeping it hush hush from my boss...lol
[/quote]

Haha! Yea I was "sick" the other day and the doc ordered a quick 18 to help me feel better....was gonna share my game golf round on FB and then thought better of it! Co-workers with loose lips...

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1409798363' post='10060931']
Matt Benton from GAMEGolf support just told me replacement tags are $40 per set....not sold individually.

After all of the issues with broken tags, they have the nerve to CHARGE people to replace them?

:WTF:
[/quote]

That does stink. That is the first negative thing I have heard about Game Golf's customer service/QA departments.

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1409833232' post='10062259']
Matt Benton from GAMEGolf support just told me replacement tags are $40 per set....not sold individually.

After all of the issues with broken tags, they have the nerve to CHARGE people to replace them?

[/quote]

That does stink. That is the first negative thing I have heard about Game Golf's customer service/QA departments.
[/quote]

I don't think techjunkee's post is quite accurate. What I take from that is that if you want to buy a set of tags, you can't buy individual tags and can only by them by the full set. However, if a tag breaks, I have serious doubts that Game Golf is going to make you buy $40 worth of tags to replace the one that was broken. I believe they'll replace damaged tags at no cost. That's what they did for me and at least one other poster in this thread. I've heard nothing to the contrary.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

What you said. They originally were not going to offer separate tags. But enough people have probably asked for secondary sets of tags. Now if they will implement a "ho" mode for us that want to have a separate bag. So we can swap sets of irons and keep a set of separate stats.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1409834351' post='10062327'] [quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1409833232' post='10062259'] [quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1409798363' post='10060931'] Matt Benton from GAMEGolf support just told me replacement tags are $40 per set....not sold individually. After all of the issues with broken tags, they have the nerve to CHARGE people to replace them? :WTF: [/quote] That does stink. That is the first negative thing I have heard about Game Golf's customer service/QA departments. [/quote] I don't think techjunkee's post is quite accurate. What I take from that is that if you want to buy a set of tags, you can't buy individual tags and can only by them by the full set. However, if a tag breaks, I have serious doubts that Game Golf is going to make you buy $40 worth of tags to replace the one that was broken. I believe they'll replace damaged tags at no cost. That's what they did for me and at least one other poster in this thread. I've heard nothing to the contrary. [/quote]

count me as one of those people who got a couple of tags replaced. I left some clubs for reshafting and they tossed the tags; sent them a message and they shipped me two tags at no cost.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1409834351' post='10062327']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think techjunkee's post is quite accurate. What I take from that is that if you want to buy a set of tags, you can't buy individual tags and can only by them by the full set. However, if a tag breaks, I have serious doubts that Game Golf is going to make you buy $40 worth of tags to replace the one that was broken. I believe they'll replace damaged tags at no cost. That's what they did for me and at least one other poster in this thread. I've heard nothing to the contrary.
[/quote]

Not accurate? Let me clarify this before you assert anymore untruths.

I have always raved about their support, some guys of which I have worked closely with (I'm on the Android beta testing team).

My original support email was about my broken 6i tag and how to go about replacing it. I posted this response because of the previous posters who said GG was replacing broken tags at no charge, so I needed to replace one and sent along the according email. The response is what you see before you.

[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1409849717' post='10064097']
[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1409834351' post='10062327']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not accurate? Let me clarify this before you assert anymore untruths.

I have always raved about their support, some guys of which I have worked closely with (I'm on the Android beta testing team).

My original support email was about my broken 6i tag and how to go about replacing it. I posted this response because of the previous posters who said GG was replacing broken tags at no charge, so I needed to replace one and sent along the according email. The response is what you see before you.
[/quote]

No offense was intended. I'm glad they are going to replace your broken tag at no charge based on your subsequent post.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1409850430' post='10064209']
Let me update this: After a follow up email their support rep was under the impression I needed to replace the entire set of tags. He told me they will replace up to 2 tags at no charge. Additional replacement tags can not be purchased individually, and the set is $40

[i]THE END[/i]
[/quote]

Hmm...so since I've had 2 replaced (within 2 months of purchasing), that's it for life? Hopefully my rate of tag failures doesn't continue at the current pace....

[quote name='jdl' timestamp='1409861064' post='10065235']
[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1409850430' post='10064209']
Let me update this: After a follow up email their support rep was under the impression I needed to replace the entire set of tags. He told me they will replace up to 2 tags at no charge. Additional replacement tags can not be purchased individually, and the set is $40

[i]THE END[/i]
[/quote]

Hmm...so since I've had 2 replaced (within 2 months of purchasing), that's it for life? Hopefully my rate of tag failures doesn't continue at the current pace....
[/quote]

I followed up with this exact issue, and waiting for a reply.

Based on the damage rate to replacement, after approximately 15 rounds the tags have been breaking one every 2-3 rounds. 1 snapped at the grip stem, and 2 have had the "cap" separate.

I hope there isn't a $40 replacement cost associated with simply keeping this unit functioning as it is designed?

In the interim, I have replaced the separated "caps" with SHOE-GOO and they seem to be fine so far. But the broken grip stem I keep in my pocket until it's time to use it. Which is lame because what if I have another stem break, then wind up with a pocket full of the tags?

Or, as I'm typing this...maybe that's the solution? A smaller and more compact tag holder you scan for the club you hit. No more grip embedded tag. Maybe I'm crazy....

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1409869225' post='10066049']
So for $40 dollars, I can buy another set of tags to put on my son's clubs? It will work with my receiver?
[/quote]

Yep, I used my friends unit and tagged a round.

When I transferred the round, I logged in from his computer on the software and it transferred the data the same way as it would just like it was my own.

What you can't have is more than one identical tag for your profile (6i/6i, 3i/3i, etc). The tag association with your profile is parallel.

The setback is you and your son could not simultaneously maintain a tagged round on one unit. But at different times your surely could.

One thing I always do before I sign my card after uploading it, I check the GPS accuracy on all my shots. I also adjust when necessary on those shots and on putts as well.

I had an issue this past round when it would not give me a hit fairway. I hit the ball just 100 yards in front of me on a terrible miss hit, but the ball still ended up in the fairway. I found if I moved it up another 70 yards on the screen, it would give me the fairway hit, but back at the original position it wouldn't. I could not change it which was annoying.

Overall I do love it!

USGA 0.2 Handicap
Worse part of my game: Putting
Best part of my game: Short Game
Club I love to Hate: Putter
Most Favorite to Hit: Driver
Goal: +2 Handicap 2022

Hi folks ... Quite a big thread here! - Any people in the UK or Europe using Game Golf? - I like the sound of it & would like to try it myself, however the comments about broken tags has the alarm bells ringing as looking at their website there is no mention of a UK or Europe base? - I have emailed them to ask what would happen if a tag needs replacing for someone in the UK? - If anyone here has already been through that I'd appreciate an update
Cheers ... Paul

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

[quote name='PaulBoy' timestamp='1409906556' post='10068677']
Hi folks ... Quite a big thread here! - Any people in the UK or Europe using Game Golf? - I like the sound of it & would like to try it myself, however the comments about broken tags has the alarm bells ringing as looking at their website there is no mention of a UK or Europe base? - I have emailed them to ask what would happen if a tag needs replacing for someone in the UK? - If anyone here has already been through that I'd appreciate an update
Cheers ... Paul
[/quote]
Sad as it might be to reply to my own post, I got the following reply from Game Golf which allays any fears I might have had about lack of support here in the UK / Europe - Hopefully it will be of interest to others who might be considering purchase & are a bit wary of doing so when not based in the US (?)
[quote]Hi Paul,

Thank you for your mail. You can buy online direct from us on the website. Also our UK & European distributors contact details where you can buy from: [email protected] 0844 8717775
We do ship out replacements to the countries we distribute to and I am based in Ireland with the Head office in the US. If you can give me your contact details I will forward it to my marketing team who will be in contact with you.
We are always ready to assist our customers.
Hope you are doing well and that you will have a great weekend!
Regards
Francois[/quote]

Cheers ... Paul

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

[quote name='PaulBoy' timestamp='1410003186' post='10074341']
[quote name='PaulBoy' timestamp='1409906556' post='10068677']
Cheers ... Paul
[/quote]
Sad as it might be to reply to my own post, I got the following reply from Game Golf which allays any fears I might have had about lack of support here in the UK / Europe - Hopefully it will be of interest to others who might be considering purchase & are a bit wary of doing so when not based in the US (?)
[quote]Hi Paul,

Thank you for your mail. You can buy online direct from us on the website. Also our UK & European distributors contact details where you can buy from: [email protected] 0844 8717775
We do ship out replacements to the countries we distribute to and I am based in Ireland with the Head office in the US. If you can give me your contact details I will forward it to my marketing team who will be in contact with you.
We are always ready to assist our customers.
Hope you are doing well and that you will have a great weekend!
Regards
Francois[/quote]

Cheers ... Paul
[/quote]

I am in Germany and I noticed that their website had an Irish flag (presumably for Euro currency).

A local golf shop in Hamburg does stock the Game Golf, though I am not sure how many (if any) they have sold. The female sales advisor I spoke with (we usually have fairly frank discussions on the quality and usefulness of golf items) was not a fan of this type of equipment. But then again it is clearly a Big Boy's Toy. Not sure of the usefulness of this and I would like to see someone locally using it and see what their experience was with it. I think it would be useful initially, but imagine it would rapidly be left behind in the locker, as I am certainly not interested in the Social networking aspect.

It looks like support in Europe is OK, but I would certainly be worried if they are only going to replace two broken caps given the obvious design fault and unacceptably high frequency of failures reported here. A lot of electronic stuff in the European Union is covered by a mandatory 2 year warranty, so I think they may fall foul of that - at least until they redesign the part to reduce the cap failure rate.

The Arccos competitor unit certainly is not supported outside the US at present and it will be interesting to see how their customer service and pricing point goes, when they eventually expand into Europe.

BHB1

[quote name='DFinch' timestamp='1409715547' post='10054319']
Biggest downside to this system? Stone cold fatting a 6 iron 78 yards from a perfect lie in the middle of the fairway and the first thought is "that's going to be fabulous looking at that on Game Golf".
[/quote]

Biggest upside to the system? Going completely lights out on the back 9 for a personal career best 9 hole score (32 with 5 birdies) and knowing every shot is saved. The front 9 was typical. The back was a heat exhaustion induced trip into the zone because all I was thinking about was getting off the course and taking some Advil.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Dont want to see this thread die as I just got my system last week and got out for my first round with it. Absolutely loved it, but did have the thoughts as I was playing in some windy conditions that a few of my shots were going to look wonderful in my stats. I know they will eventually even out with more rounds, but it still was in the back of my head. I only missed one shot tagging, but it was a little disconcerting and I think takes some time to make it a normal part of your routine, as I know on some shots when I remembered to tag, it threw my mind off. Definitely will be beneficial in the long run, and would recommend highly to anyone taking the plunge.

Also will start to follow some other players to see how that aspect works as well - anyone interested in following me can find me as 'numbersguy54'.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]George Costanza: "Every instinct I have, in every part of my life, be it something to wear, something to eat...It's all been wrong."[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Jerry Seinfeld: "If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right"[/font]

[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]www.gamegolf.com/player/numbersguy54[/font]

[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1410473280' post='10103761']
Does the site allow you to break stats down by a date range, or to summarize by month so you can see trends in your game? It would be interesting to see yardage ave difference throughout the season and condition warm and firm up.
[/quote]

It does Last, to last 100 rounds. You can break it down to a certain golf course (again one round to last 100 from that course). There are a ton of stats from the site you can see. How close you get to the pin, from, for example 100 to 150 yards, 75 to 100, etc...

USGA 0.2 Handicap
Worse part of my game: Putting
Best part of my game: Short Game
Club I love to Hate: Putter
Most Favorite to Hit: Driver
Goal: +2 Handicap 2022

I just posted another doozy....I swear since I got GG I have become a tree magnet off the tee. my driver distance averages are ridiculous. High of 320, low of 197.....can't post a good number from the freakin forest.

good to see thought that its the blowup holes that are killing me. Gotta get rid of doubles +.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/DuffnersWaggle/round/102355

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

Drew.. Go check my half round today.. Two under after three... Then double number five from 100 yards or dead center of fairway... Follow with bogey bogey bogey and miss a five footer for birdie on nine...

I feel your pain,..

Oh, I almost forgot... Go gators

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1410581564' post='10110449']
Drew.. Go check my half round today.. Two under after three... Then double number five from 100 yards or dead center of fairway... Follow with bogey bogey bogey and miss a five footer for birdie on nine...

I feel your pain,..

Oh, I almost forgot... Go gators
[/quote]

We've got a tough one in South Cackalacky today....should be interesting. They're gonna be lickin their wounds from the shelacking T A&M put on them a couple weeks ago. Gonna have to weather the emotional storm early.

Think Gurley's got a little too much for em, but we'll see.

Those kinda rounds drive me insane dude. I was feelin really good and then bang, hit a tree branch, clip another branch on the way out,leave with double...the thing that really gets me is some would say the 'smart play' is to leave driver in the bag, but I'd just disected the fairway with it a handful of times. Its not the club, it was just a couple brainless swings and before you know it, you're spiraling.