Game Golf tracking system (merged)

Sorry for the slightly blurry pics.

But once you cut a little bit off the tag, it makes it the right length to screw in. Then just work it into the thread/gap in the Superstroke. Has worked great for me so far on my 2ball.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

Cally Rogue ST Max 3w - Ventus Blue 6s

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to give GG a shot again. I used GG classic at the beginning of last year, but my putter was counterweighted. The hack from GG only worked for a while, even 'industrial' two sided tape gives out on a putter going in and out of a bag. Super glue didn't work. I'll use the putter tag as a ball mark, I'm sure to lose it eventually since I don't want to put it on a silver dollar...........but I like where the technology is going.

Remember that even if you lose the "P" tag, you can pick another one as a substitute.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I really think they could get away with a slightly larger device that has a 6x3 button layout. I'd happily use that instead of tags. I could really see a scenario where they have a belt clip, and the phone app just shows 18 tag buttons. Heck, I'd grab an old phone and use it specifically for this.

you can almost do that via the iPhone app... but its kinda clumsy. Tagging still works best, but I just hate losing stuff on the golf course, especially if a club "accidentally" flys out of my hand and i don't notice the tag slip out.

There is a proposal on the "Feature Request" page of the Game Golf website, for a change similar to the thoughts above.

Vote for it if you like it. Maybe it will happen some day.

http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/suggestions/12374646-club-selection

I keep losing tags...

lost another one this week. a Wedge. I am sure it is due to the grips i am using.

Pure DTX.. they are put on with an air hose, no tape. so the hole in the butt end is a little larger than others I guess..

Going to come up with a solution for it, will post my results if i have some...

aggravating as all get out. 6 iron trying to come out as well but I caught it.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I keep losing tags...

lost another one this week. a Wedge. I am sure it is due to the grips i am using.

Pure DTX.. they are put on with an air hose, no tape. so the hole in the butt end is a little larger than others I guess..

Try plumber's tape from any hardware store. You can easily wrap the threads to build up to the thickness required to keep the tag in. I have not actually tried this on a tag yet, but I've used plumber's tape in similar scenarios, and it works well. I think it should do a great job of keeping the tag secure.

I keep losing tags...

Wrap the threads with 1-2 layers of double-sided medical tape. Worked amazing for my putter tag when I was using the WINN grip that had a larger relief hole.

I keep losing tags...

Try plumber's tape from any hardware store. You can easily wrap the threads to build up to the thickness required to keep the tag in. I have not actually tried this on a tag yet, but I've used plumber's tape in similar scenarios, and it works well. I think it should do a great job of keeping the tag secure.

Pretty much what he said wrapping the threads. Sorry for the redundant post.

holy crap....

I never even thought of that. I feel stupid as that is so simple and yet genius at the same time. I have 2 or three rolls of the stuff sitting literally 4 feet from my golf bag...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I downloaded the free phone app and tagged around 2 rounds I played at my home course.

First things I noticed is I either hit my driver further than I ever thought I did or it measures slightly long.

2nd I wish there was a good way to tag the pin location.

3rd this is a cool tool and I will definitely keep trying it out and might eventually get the system. Though I am completely happy just tagging around on my phone for the time being.

I downloaded the free phone app and tagged around 2 rounds I played at my home course.

First things I noticed is I either hit my driver further than I ever thought I did or it measures slightly long.

3rd this is a cool tool and I will definitely keep trying it out and might eventually get the system. Though I am completely happy just tagging around on my phone for the time being.

The only time I see a big discrepancy both short and long on drives is when it sometimes picks the wrong tee box. I haven't seen any rhyme or reason on why this happens but it does happen sporadically though an easy one to fix during editing. And don't doubt yourself you are on WRX.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

The only time I see a big discrepancy both short and long on drives is when it sometimes picks the wrong tee box. I haven't seen any rhyme or reason on why this happens but it does happen sporadically though an easy one to fix during editing. And don't doubt yourself you are on WRX.

Ha, I was thinking I was a 250ish driver of the ball. It gives me an avg of 282 for 22 drives and had 2 300+ (one was MAYBE aided by path)

So I cant complain there. Though my 36% fairway avg leaves a lot to be desired. Granted fairways where I play are small and 4 were dog legs I just driver through the fairway.

Averaged 1.8 putts on 36 holes with no 3 putts which is big for me as I am not a great putter usually.

hello everyone, I note for now the stats Strokes Gained on a spreadsheet and I still hesitate to buy Game Golf.

I wonder how Game Golf manages the locations of flags for the automatic calculation of the distances.

I think that if the GPS calculates the center of the green, the recorded distances are necessarily false.

Does one of you can explain to me how it works for this specific problem?

Thank you very much.

hello everyone, I note for now the stats Strokes Gained on a spreadsheet and I still hesitate to buy Game Golf.

I wonder how Game Golf manages the locations of flags for the automatic calculation of the distances.

I think that if the GPS calculates the center of the green, the recorded distances are necessarily false.

Thank you very much.

https://gamegolf.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1395551-how-does-it-know-when-i-make-a-putt-

How does it know when I make a putt?

While you are on the green, we have designed the GAME platform to measure your putts until you hole out. The platform automatically knows that you have holed out and finished the previous hole when you walk to the next tee and tag your next tee shot. You will have tagged the putt that went in, whether it be a tap in or a 20 footer, so all you need to do is pick up the ball out of the hole and tag at the next tee.

Thank you very much.

By default, it places the pin a few feet from your last putt. Post-round, you can move the pin and putts to reflect actual distances.

I dabbled with the SG spreadsheet and find Game Golf's stats much less satisfying--not really even close in terms of the amount of data/analysis you can do with the spreadsheet. But it is very easy to use and take no effort to gather the data. I'm sure it'll improve over time, but I doubt it will ever compare to the analysis the Excel wizards have come up with.

Thank you very much.

I use another line on the scorecard to make note of where the pin was that day.

FL / FM / FR

ML / MM / MR

BL / BM / BR

Seems to give me as much information as I need to edit after the round.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

When they set up the course for GPS, the smart guys..... will set up what they called a geofence. If its on one side of the fence its one thing... the other side, something else. Thats how they know green from fairway and rough and tee boxes...

Its relatively accurate, but you will have to tweak some things after each round...

I usually miss about 10 shots... but the device picks up the swing, so I have to tell it what club i used... and then I usually don't tag the putter correctly, so i fix that...

Takes me about 10 minutes per round MAX, to make the round right.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Thanks for your reply,

So we need to edit after the round. Game golf records some data but not all. Is it correct?

Another question about GPS accuracy.

How the devise records the lie when the ball is on the border of the rough and the fairway?

What data are you missing?

Since my "tagging" is the start of my pre-shot routine, I don't miss full shots anymore. Might miss a putt or two, but nothing too much.

Tag the shot, step behind the ball, loose swing and get alignment point about a foot in front of my ball, address the ball, and then go.

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

When they set up the course for GPS, the smart guys..... will set up what they called a geofence. If its on one side of the fence its one thing... the other side, something else. Thats how they know green from fairway and rough and tee boxes...

Its relatively accurate, but you will have to tweak some things after each round...

I usually miss about 10 shots... but the device picks up the swing, so I have to tell it what club i used... and then I usually don't tag the putter correctly, so i fix that...

Takes me about 10 minutes per round MAX, to make the round right.

Thank you for your answer.

Another question, how is calculated sg for handicaps?

I have no idea...

I just know they have a handicap, and i have a USGA handicap, and they are almost the the same

My USGA is 7.9, and my game golf one isn't far off..

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I keep losing tags...

Wrap the threads with 1-2 layers of double-sided medical tape. Worked amazing for my putter tag when I was using the WINN grip that had a larger relief hole.

did this,

damn thing still coming out...I did it with plumbers tape... I guess I can try the medical tape... electrical tap is difficult to get it to sit on the threads correctly.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I keep losing tags...

did this,

damn thing still coming out...I did it with plumbers tape... I guess I can try the medical tape... electrical tap is difficult to get it to sit on the threads correctly.

I had the same problem. I was using Golf Pride 2G grips and couldn't get the tags to stay in. I ended up changing grips completely.

Most of the Golf Pride grips (MultiCompound, Tour Velvets) don't have an issue keeping the tags in the grip.

I'm just looking forward to seeing the grips with the Game Golf tags built into them. I think they were in the PGA show pictures.

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

well, I use pure grips, so I can't put them under as they are tapeless grips put on by air pressure...

but I guess I am going to go the superglue route...BOOOOOOOO

but it is what it is...

Its bad enough that I already bought an additional 8 iron tag...lol

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

As someone who is expecting it to arrive soon, I was wondering about some of the work involved for getting the pin location right.

Let's say you sink a 1 or 2 putt, could you then tag a 2nd or 3rd fake putt right by the hole when you pickup the ball to get the right hole location, and then delete that fake putt after?

As someone who is expecting it to arrive soon, I was wondering about some of the work involved for getting the pin location right.

Let's say you sink a 1 or 2 putt, could you then tag a 2nd or 3rd fake putt right by the hole when you pickup the ball to get the right hole location, and then delete that fake putt after?

The device already places the flag location within 3 feet of the 2nd or 3rd instance of a putter tag on the green. The only issue is if you 1-putt, then the flag location automatically defaults to the middle of the green.

So follow the suggestions above and make a note on your scorecard as to flag locations of specific holes you 1-putt.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got an idea which tags go on which clubs?

I bought it last year, didn't use it much, and got tired with forgetting to tag my putts and bad chips. But they did stay on my clubs all year. This week, I took them off in the rain in my trunk to bring the clubs in to be regripped... , and didn't notice when taking them off what condition they were in... until I went to put them back on. If I had seen them, I would have sharpied them or something. But now, no such luck.

I'm not impressed they lasted only a year being used in my bag.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*