Why are clicgear push carts so good?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simply, quality. I had my 1st Clicgear for 4 years. Only reason I'm on my 2nd one is my wife surprised me with a new one last Christmas. They are solidly-built, relatively light, roll very easily, and fold up quite small.

In my Nike Performance cart bag on my Clicgear 3.5+ cart:
Cobra ZL Encore 10.5
Ping G-25 3-wood
Callaway Big Bertha 5-wood
Callaway X2Hot 4 hi
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 5 - GW
Mizuno JPX 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Kombi

I have had 2 sun mountain carts in the past and also had the sun mountain 4 wheel micro cart too in the past. I now have a clicgear 2.0 white one. The clicgear is a nice sturdy cart with plenty of storage same as the SM speed cart. I still think the sun mountain ones roll better. For me the clicgear folds down smaller which I need for the limited space in my car. Both carts work very well, so you can't go wrong with either.

I've got a clicgear 3.5 that I got last off season. Before that I used a bare bones Callaway cart that I got about 4 or 5 years ago, maybe more. I wish I didn't wait so long. The clicgear is really that good. Simply put, the convenience it offers in its design is well worth the money. This has been a rainy season for us up here in upstate NY, and the umbrella holder has been fantastic. The storage compartments, the compact folding design, etc., make me really happy with this purchase after using it all season so far. If you have no cart or are coming from a bare bones cart like I had, the clicgear is definitely worth the upgrade.

Check out Caddy Tek, too.

Caddy Tek's are cheaper. As far as I can tell, they are the same in quality as Clic Gears. I haven't used a Clic Gear in my own rounds, but I've seen them up close. They're more similar than different.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Build quality. Stability. Ease of use. Compact.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Had one when I had back problems and it is the best I ever used. Rolls fine and if you don't have a really hilly course makes a power cart a waste.

TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]
Callaway MD 2 58 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.

Thanks for all the responses, I do have some courses I play at where is say the are medium hilly. I have a 2 wheeler now and after 18 holes I'm usually whipped, but I like walking so I'm looking for something that roles easier than what I have and is less of a strain without the hassle of charging a battery.

The older versions of the sun mountain speed carts had narow inflatable tires. These provided less resistance comared to the more common wider solid wheels. Sun mtn. got away from these wheels, as people didn't care for the mainenance that they required.

Now, both the Sun Mtn and clicgear are using the same type of wheels. The Sun Mtn weighs a couple pounds less. The Clicgear v3.0 or 3.5 fold up more compactly than the Sun Mtn..

The new clicgear 8.0 is a 4 wheeled cart that has been reported on this site, as being even easier to push, than their 3 wheeled version.

Both companies offer accesories to pimp out a cart.

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

They're made with love. That simple.

Or... Sturdy. Compact when folded up. Easy to set up and also put away.
Lots of accessories too,

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Speaking of accessories, the Caddy Tek comes with a storage bag with a built in "cooler", and a cup holder and an umbrella holder. I think those things are extra on the clic gears. If you can, check them out. They're the same tires as the Clic. They got the fat pipes. They fold up and pop up just as easily (if not more).

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I've never seen a caddy tek in person, but based on reviews of owners it is a solidly built, lower cost, clone of the clicgear.

There are a couple diffrences. The clicgear uses a brake lever that you operate by hand right next to where your hands sit on the handel. The tek uses a foot operated braking system. I'm not to keen on the idea of steping on a lever with muddy spikes, as the mud could eventually lead to problems for the lever device.

The CT doesn't lock together when folded up. I could probably get used to having to carry it diffrently than a clicgear, but not locking, might be a problem for me. I have a hook to hang my clicgear on a garage wall. I don't know if the CT would hang on a wall without unfolding ?

The OP should measure their vehicle to see how much space they can spare for a pushcart along with their clubs. The Sun mountain V1's biggest drawback is the folded length of 37".

I'm a bit apprehensive when I see a company post on their website a chart showing how they compare to a competitiors product. But if the company is copying a design, I can undeerstand why they do it.

The caddy tek site has a chart with pictures of their folded cart and the Clic Gear. In each picture the folded dimensions are barely readable in fine print. The length of the CT is showing at 28.5" and the CG at 23". The site's designers must have had a tough time reading the numbers in fine print, because in the chart below the pictures the clicgear's folded length in larger print is 24". According to clicgears website the folded length is 23". This isn't the first time that I have seen inaccurate numbers posted in comparison charts.

Before buying a CT, I would inquire about part availability. I had a riding cart back into the front wheel of my clicgear which had the brake on. It wedged the wheel under the bumper. Some of the teeth on the brake were broken in the process. Getting a replacement part was fast and shipping was a reasonable $5.

Regardless what cart the OP ends up buying, the new red clicgear raincover in a nice accesory, if you ever have to play in the rain and don't have a waterproof bag. It will work with any pushcart. Surprsingly sports authority online, has the cover which isn't in their retail stores. With a 20 or 25% off coupon and free shipping often available, the price isn't bad.

If cost of a clicgear or Sun mountain is a major concern, I would look into buying used, off ebay, at end of season sales, or factory reconditioned.

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

I haven't used the Caddy Tek but I can speak to the Clicgear 3.0:
[list]
[*]Handles all terrains well
[*]A breeze to push (may require some initial alignment adjustment though)
[*]Great storage
[*]Various accessories to make it even better but even bare bones stock it has storage and holds a bag well
[*]Very stable (I often just let mine go on hills in the fairway)
[*]Brake lever on the handle is convenient
[*]Folds down small for storage
[/list]

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

I ended up getting a caddytek one 4 wheel off amazon for only $129, in the end I went with the caddytek because of a few things the accessories it comes with stock, pretty much anything I could want the cooler being the most important accessory for me since it gets really hot here in the summer time, also like the cutout for the stand bag to keep it from moving around. Another reason was the quality looks to be just as good as the clickgear, I'll report back once i get it and let you guys know. Also the price for $130 when clikgear & sun mountan for the a similar model was $200+.

I owned a SM V2 and had a problem with the handle knob getting stripped out. Got a clicgear 3.0 and love it. No maintenance with the wheels and after owning it for almost 2 years had an issue with the brakes. Called Clicgear and they sent me a new brake assembly no questions asked. Love the size it folds down to and the accessories it comes with to pimp it out.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

I have had a 3 wheeled Caddytek for 3 seasons and it's been bulletproof. For 99 bucks (at the time) I couldn't imagine a better cart for the money. You buy at Costco and you have a built in warranty due to of Costco's return policy. My only complaint, and it's probably the same with CG, is wide tires. It's not necessary and it just adds resistance. Sun mountain has the right idea when it comes to tires.

Caddy-Tek FOR THE WIN!!!

Sweet looking ride. You'll love it. I got the lime green wheels on mine.

In case it's not clear that little red "handle" that opens the hatch on the top is where you clip the score card and put the pencil.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I bought the 8.0 this year. Havent had a cart in years (10+) I got the 8.0 for $225 (golf galaxy) and I also had a gift card on top of that. I can honestly say that its been the best purchase outside of my mp64s in years. Quality and tons of space. Only thing I need to get is the cooler for it and It will be perfect. Price is high without sale but I dont see myself ever having to buy a new one.

Titleist 910D3*
TMAG R11s 14* 3W
Titleist 910F 19*
Mizuno MP64 4-PW
Nike Method Matter B2-01

[quote name='slowcelica' timestamp='1409188636' post='10022085']
Got my caddytek and I must say so far I'm impressed with the quality and ease of folding it down and in folding. Haven't gotten a chance yet to use it except around the house but so far I love it.

Here's a pic of it.

[attachment=2395631:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1409188630.273260.jpg]
[/quote]

How about a straight on pic to see how the bag clears.

1. Better in your trunk. Clicgear folds down to a two-foot cube in seconds; I have a Civic Hybrid with a small trunk and don't even bother to take the Clicgear out.

2. More stable on the course. The Clicgear quite simply NEVER turns over or falls backward, something that is a constant problem with the SM Speed Carts.

3. Accessories. The adjustable umbrella handle, the mitts that velcro on the handle, the water bottle holder, the cargo net, the seat, etc, are just as well engineered as the cart itself, and very reasonably priced. The umbrella handle and the mitts are must-haves if you play in wet or cold weather.

I had a SM Speed Cart for several years. Tried a Clicgear, and had the Speed Cart listed on Craigslist immediately. I've never regretted it for a second. Just a quality product in every respect.

[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1409225076' post='10023601']Caddy-Tek FOR THE WIN!!!

Sweet looking ride. You'll love it. I got the lime green wheels on mine.

In case it's not clear that little red "handle" that opens the hatch on the top is where you clip the score card and put the pencil.[/quote]

Thanks, yea I haven't had a lot of time to figure out what is what yet.

[quote name='bluedot' timestamp='1409255096' post='10026519']1. Better in your trunk. Clicgear folds down to a two-foot cube in seconds; I have a Civic Hybrid with a small trunk and don't even bother to take the Clicgear out.

2. More stable on the course. The Clicgear quite simply NEVER turns over or falls backward, something that is a constant problem with the SM Speed Carts.

3. Accessories. The adjustable umbrella handle, the mitts that velcro on the handle, the water bottle holder, the cargo net, the seat, etc, are just as well engineered as the cart itself, and very reasonably priced. The umbrella handle and the mitts are must-haves if you play in wet or cold weather.

I had a SM Speed Cart for several years. Tried a Clicgear, and had the Speed Cart listed on Craigslist immediately. I've never regretted it for a second. Just a quality product in every respect.[/quote]

So far I can say the caddytek gives me all of these, except I can't speak for #2 yet haven't gotten out to the course yet with it or on any hills.

It comes with all the accessories that I could want even has the cooler bag included, folds down to less than a 2ft square with the push of one button.