Masters tips?

Comments

• wmblake2000wmblake2000 Members Posts: 5,695 ✭✭
    To all who posted such great input: really, thanks a lot. We're on a plane tomorrow 0-dark-thirty. I copied most of the posts where someone added his experience and printed it. 6 page word doc! Nice.

I hope somehow I run into a few of you wrx'ers there. We'll be all over the place, it looks like.

Cheers,

Chuck
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• ousuxndallasousuxndallas DFWMembers Posts: 93 ✭✭
    I'll be at the Monday practice round. So pumped!
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,615 ✭✭

To all who posted such great input: really, thanks a lot. We're on a plane tomorrow 0-dark-thirty. I copied most of the posts where someone added his experience and printed it. 6 page word doc! Nice.

I hope somehow I run into a few of you wrx'ers there. We'll be all over the place, it looks like.

Cheers,

Chuck

Pick a pine cone as a souvenir! I did.
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,378 ✭✭
    edited Mar 28, 2018 #125
    imakaveli wrote:

Cheers,

Chuck

Great idea!

Or do you think anybody would see me run on the fairway to grab Tiger's divot? image/happy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' /> I could grow a bit of Augusta at home.

TAYLORMADE M3 RIP'D X 6.5
    COBRA F8 19* HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    CALLAWAY XR PRO 23* PX 6.0
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2018 NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5
    SUN MOUNTAIN 2FIVE

• wmblake2000wmblake2000 Members Posts: 5,695 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:

Cheers,

Chuck

I saw that. Then there was the guy who got rained out and msde tent closed so he took a rock from the parking lot. I like the pine cone idea better..
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• murray18murray18 Member Members Posts: 28
    Haven’t read all the way through this thread, but the first couple pages sure had some great advice.

I’ve had the good fortune to go 7 or 8 times (and will be there again this Thursday). The best souvenir in my opinion is a photo in front of the clubhouse. Even on tournament days, you can get in line and have your picture made there, and they will give you a little card with a code so you can download the picture. I’m going with my wife and my parents this year—first time with the whole family, and I can’t wait to get that picture.
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    Eat at T Bones man! The food is great and they let you keep the "Masters Week" Menu and is printed with some cool stuff on the back of it. Last year it had an homage to Arnie and the umbrellas...
  • CEPickCEPick Members Posts: 1,780 ✭✭
    California Dreaming is a great spot to eat if you're hungry after a long day at the Masters!
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,660 ClubWRX
    murray18 wrote:

Haven’t read all the way through this thread, but the first couple pages sure had some great advice.

I’ve had the good fortune to go 7 or 8 times (and will be there again this Thursday). The best souvenir in my opinion is a photo in front of the clubhouse. Even on tournament days, you can get in line and have your picture made there, and they will give you a little card with a code so you can download the picture. I’m going with my wife and my parents this year—first time with the whole family, and I can’t wait to get that picture.

They say they discontinue access/support for those photos after several months but I just downloaded one of our pics from two years ago not very long ago. Surprised and pleased.
  • .net.net Members Posts: 55
    edited Mar 30, 2018 #131
    I can't wait to read this whole thing as I prepare for my first visit (going Monday & Tuesday this year) Thanks Wrx Crew!

Question I'm sure that's been answered 5k times:

Can you bring a DSLR camera or are only point/shoot camera's still allowed? Also are GoPro's allowed - It says nothing that can transmit video so I'm assuming no but I wanted to ask the experts.

Appreciate the info.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,499 ClubWRX
    .net wrote:

I can't wait to read this whole thing as I prepare for my first visit (going Monday & Tuesday this year) Thanks Wrx Crew!

Can you bring a DSLR camera or are only point/shoot camera's still allowed? Also are GoPro's allowed - It says nothing that can transmit video so I'm assuming no but I wanted to ask the experts.

Appreciate the info.

We brought a DSLR in 2016 - in it's own little carrying case with two lenses. I assume as long as it's under their max. measurements for bags you're good.

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • Joebirds55Joebirds55 Members Posts: 1,101 ✭✭
    .net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I’m sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.
  • vaca22vaca22 Commander In Beef Members Posts: 673 ✭✭
    edited Mar 30, 2018 #134
    What I've done is thrown my DSLR with a couple of lenses in one of those drawstring bags...

...which also doubles as my holder for empty beer cups image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
  • ray9898ray9898 Members Posts: 764 ✭✭
    balladm wrote:

Ill believe that when i see s letter. I have yet to met or see anyone denied entry...

They exist....

DZYdhVcVQAAFAN9.jpg
    edited Mar 30, 2018 #136
    Joebirds55 wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I'm sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.

Seriously? My wife was asking me about this a couple of days ago as we were going to borrow a friend's to take with if we could. I assumed because the prohibited items list states "Electronic devices (Cell Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Beepers, and other electronics), including devices capable of transmitting photo/video*" that they wouldn't be allowed. I guess they can't really transmit photo/video right?

They saw it at security and had no issues?

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Joebirds55 wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I'm sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.

And also this from the Masters website:

ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH.

ELECTRONIC DEVICES (INCLUDING PHONES, LAPTOPS, TABLETS, AND BEEPERS) ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THE GROUNDS AT ALL TIMES. ANY DEVICE BEING USED TO RECORD AND/OR TRANSMIT VOICE, VIDEO, OR DATA IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. CAMERAS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON TOURNAMENT DAYS. VIOLATION OF THESE POLICIES WILL SUBJECT THE TICKET HOLDER TO REMOVAL FROM THE GROUNDS AND THE TICKET PURCHASER TO THE PERMANENT LOSS OF CREDENTIALS (TICKETS).

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

• Joebirds55Joebirds55 Members Posts: 1,101 ✭✭
    ddetts wrote:

Joebirds55 wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

Seriously? My wife was asking me about this a couple of days ago as we were going to borrow a friend's to take with if we could. I assumed because the prohibited items list states "Electronic devices (Cell Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Beepers, and other electronics), including devices capable of transmitting photo/video*" that they wouldn't be allowed. I guess they can't really transmit photo/video right?

They saw it at security and had no issues?

For a practice round yes I had no issue whatsoever. Plan to take it again this year.
  • fairways4lifefairways4life Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭
    ddetts wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

We brought a DSLR in 2016 - in it's own little carrying case with two lenses. I assume as long as it's under their max. measurements for bags you're good.

I did the same both times I went. Canon DSLR with a huge additional lens. Took a ton of pictures. If you're into photography at all, you'll have a field day at that place, especially if you're working with some high tech equipment.

I even got a couple of the volunteers to use my camera to take some photos me in the fairway (in the crosswalk) with a green in the background. Did that on 15 and the backdrop was awesome.

ddetts wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

I did the same both times I went. Canon DSLR with a huge additional lens. Took a ton of pictures. If you're into photography at all, you'll have a field day at that place, especially if you're working with some high tech equipment.

I even got a couple of the volunteers to use my camera to take some photos me in the fairway (in the crosswalk) with a green in the background. Did that on 15 and the backdrop was awesome.

Too funny, we took the same picture in 2016. After they let patrons through the walkway on 15, a volunteer took a picture of us standing in the middle of the fairway with the green behind us! Also, after placing our chairs on hole 12 tee, a volunteer pretty much made us walk to the front of the seating area and have him take our picture with 12 green/13 tee in the background. I just love it there.

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

• mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭
    Malvern wrote:

Don't get into a conversation about the BBQ sandwich.

Me: What sort of BBQ is it, pork or beef?

A: It's BBQ

Me: Yeah, but it must be something

Me: OK

I can attest to this, only my exchange was about the beer, not the BBQ.

Q: Curious, what kind of beer is this?

A: Masters Beer.

Q: I mean, who makes it?

A: We have regular and light, it is Masters Beer.

image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭
    mshills wrote:

Malvern wrote:

One year I had this exchange with a volunteer that was sitting at the back of 18 tee during a practice round watching players hit their tee shots. He had on a headset with some kind of Ipad apparatus that he was entering information into.

Me: What are you doing?

Him: I'm collecting data.

Me: What kind of data?

Him: I'm collecting data. That's all I can tell you.
  • Pert1862Pert1862 JerseyMembers Posts: 2,828 ✭✭
    edited Mar 31, 2018 #143
    mshills wrote:

Malvern wrote:

This is the best post I have read in this entire thread. lol. Ill be there Monday and will be partaking in a few of these "Masters Beer"

With that said, can you imagine if they opened a brewery and actually made Masters Beer?? Name all the brews after the holes or something like that? Would be awesome.
    Callaway Razr Fit - 12* - Aldila RIP Phenom
    Adams Speedline 5
    G10 21*
    G10 28*
    Ping G, 7 - U
    Ping Gorge 56*
    Scotty Select Newport 
    Srixon Q-Star / Z-Star
  • tropicstropics Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    for practice rounds - is it worth grabbing a chair to put somewhere, or are the stands good enough? do the good "chair spots" fill up quickly?

i feel like i would rather not waste time getting a chair, then putting it somewhere, unless it's really worthwhile.
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,259 ClubWRX
    You are arms distance with the pro on golden bell. I say it’s worth it.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS Members Posts: 748 ✭✭
    tropics wrote:

for practice rounds - is it worth grabbing a chair to put somewhere, or are the stands good enough? do the good "chair spots" fill up quickly?

i feel like i would rather not waste time getting a chair, then putting it somewhere, unless it's really worthwhile.

Plenty of room in the stands for practice rounds...Keep your arms free for food and souvenirs image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • andyb24andyb24 Members Posts: 104
    Bookmarking this thread for the day I finally get to experience Augusta. Thanks for all of the great inside knowledge, fun to read through even for those of us who'll be watching on TV. Those who are attending, enjoy it!
    Nike Vapor Speed TW Driver
    Nike Vapor Flex 3 & 5 Wood
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-7; Pro 8-PW
    Nike Engage 50SQ, 54TS, 58DS
    Nike Method 006 Prototype
  • TeeShiveTeeShive Members Posts: 53
    Do you have to have your ticket with you to get into the Masters parking lot?
  • CEPickCEPick Members Posts: 1,780 ✭✭
    TeeShive wrote:

Do you have to have your ticket with you to get into the Masters parking lot?

No.
  • jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members Posts: 1,650 ✭✭
    Anyone have a suggestion on a backpack to bring into Augusta National? Looks like bags max size is 10x10x12. Going to head out today and try to find something that I can use to carry around sunscreen, binoculars, and empty Masters cups.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,726 ✭✭
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings