Masters tips?

Comments

• wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los Angeles 6007WRX Points: 693Members Posts: 6,007 Titanium Tees
    To all who posted such great input: really, thanks a lot. We're on a plane tomorrow 0-dark-thirty. I copied most of the posts where someone added his experience and printed it. 6 page word doc! Nice.

I hope somehow I run into a few of you wrx'ers there. We'll be all over the place, it looks like.

Cheers,

Chuck
    Posted:
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, KBS tour-v, 110 S
    Mizuno MP-64 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ousuxndallasousuxndallas DFW 131WRX Points: 55Handicap: 7Members Posts: 131 Fairways
    I'll be at the Monday practice round. So pumped!
    Posted:
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy...  13138WRX Points: 1,001Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 13,138 Titanium Tees

To all who posted such great input: really, thanks a lot. We're on a plane tomorrow 0-dark-thirty. I copied most of the posts where someone added his experience and printed it. 6 page word doc! Nice.

I hope somehow I run into a few of you wrx'ers there. We'll be all over the place, it looks like.

Cheers,

Chuck

Pick a pine cone as a souvenir! I did.
    Posted:
  • M4TTM4TT England 1503WRX Points: 302Handicap: 6Members Posts: 1,503 Platinum Tees
    imakaveli wrote:

Cheers,

Chuck

Great idea!

Or do you think anybody would see me run on the fairway to grab Tiger's divot? image/happy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' /> I could grow a bit of Augusta at home.
    Posted:

COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER 

• wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los Angeles 6007WRX Points: 693Members Posts: 6,007 Titanium Tees
    imakaveli wrote:

Cheers,

Chuck

I saw that. Then there was the guy who got rained out and msde tent closed so he took a rock from the parking lot. I like the pine cone idea better..
    Posted:
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, KBS tour-v, 110 S
    Mizuno MP-64 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• murray18murray18 Member  28WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 28
    Haven’t read all the way through this thread, but the first couple pages sure had some great advice.

I’ve had the good fortune to go 7 or 8 times (and will be there again this Thursday). The best souvenir in my opinion is a photo in front of the clubhouse. Even on tournament days, you can get in line and have your picture made there, and they will give you a little card with a code so you can download the picture. I’m going with my wife and my parents this year—first time with the whole family, and I can’t wait to get that picture.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS  748WRX Points: 86Members Posts: 748 Bunkers
    Eat at T Bones man! The food is great and they let you keep the "Masters Week" Menu and is printed with some cool stuff on the back of it. Last year it had an homage to Arnie and the umbrellas...
    Posted:
  • CEPickCEPick  1784WRX Points: 134Members Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    California Dreaming is a great spot to eat if you're hungry after a long day at the Masters!
    Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 20455WRX Points: 4,367ClubWRX Posts: 20,455 ClubWRX
    murray18 wrote:

Haven’t read all the way through this thread, but the first couple pages sure had some great advice.

I’ve had the good fortune to go 7 or 8 times (and will be there again this Thursday). The best souvenir in my opinion is a photo in front of the clubhouse. Even on tournament days, you can get in line and have your picture made there, and they will give you a little card with a code so you can download the picture. I’m going with my wife and my parents this year—first time with the whole family, and I can’t wait to get that picture.

They say they discontinue access/support for those photos after several months but I just downloaded one of our pics from two years ago not very long ago. Surprised and pleased.
    Posted:
  • .net.net  55WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 55
    I can't wait to read this whole thing as I prepare for my first visit (going Monday & Tuesday this year) Thanks Wrx Crew!

Question I'm sure that's been answered 5k times:

Can you bring a DSLR camera or are only point/shoot camera's still allowed? Also are GoPro's allowed - It says nothing that can transmit video so I'm assuming no but I wanted to ask the experts.

Appreciate the info.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SD 1911WRX Points: 453Handicap: 7.3ClubWRX Posts: 1,911 ClubWRX
    .net wrote:

I can't wait to read this whole thing as I prepare for my first visit (going Monday & Tuesday this year) Thanks Wrx Crew!

Can you bring a DSLR camera or are only point/shoot camera's still allowed? Also are GoPro's allowed - It says nothing that can transmit video so I'm assuming no but I wanted to ask the experts.

Appreciate the info.

We brought a DSLR in 2016 - in it's own little carrying case with two lenses. I assume as long as it's under their max. measurements for bags you're good.
    Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1

Advertisement
  • Joebirds55Joebirds55  1101WRX Points: 103Handicap: 15Members Posts: 1,101 Platinum Tees
    .net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I’m sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.
    Posted:
  • vaca22vaca22 Commander In Beef  690WRX Points: 116Members Posts: 690 Golden Tee
    What I've done is thrown my DSLR with a couple of lenses in one of those drawstring bags...

...which also doubles as my holder for empty beer cups image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    Posted:
  • ray9898ray9898  862WRX Points: 271Members Posts: 862 Golden Tee
    balladm wrote:

Ill believe that when i see s letter. I have yet to met or see anyone denied entry...

They exist....

DZYdhVcVQAAFAN9.jpg
    Posted:
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SD 1911WRX Points: 453Handicap: 7.3ClubWRX Posts: 1,911 ClubWRX
    Joebirds55 wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I'm sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.

Seriously? My wife was asking me about this a couple of days ago as we were going to borrow a friend's to take with if we could. I assumed because the prohibited items list states "Electronic devices (Cell Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Beepers, and other electronics), including devices capable of transmitting photo/video*" that they wouldn't be allowed. I guess they can't really transmit photo/video right?

They saw it at security and had no issues?
    Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Joebirds55 wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

GoPro is fine. Took mine last year. I'm sure they know that pretty much all cameras nowadays can take video.

And also this from the Masters website:

ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH.

ELECTRONIC DEVICES (INCLUDING PHONES, LAPTOPS, TABLETS, AND BEEPERS) ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THE GROUNDS AT ALL TIMES. ANY DEVICE BEING USED TO RECORD AND/OR TRANSMIT VOICE, VIDEO, OR DATA IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. CAMERAS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON TOURNAMENT DAYS. VIOLATION OF THESE POLICIES WILL SUBJECT THE TICKET HOLDER TO REMOVAL FROM THE GROUNDS AND THE TICKET PURCHASER TO THE PERMANENT LOSS OF CREDENTIALS (TICKETS).
    Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Advertisement
  • Joebirds55Joebirds55  1101WRX Points: 103Handicap: 15Members Posts: 1,101 Platinum Tees
    ddetts wrote:

Joebirds55 wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

Seriously? My wife was asking me about this a couple of days ago as we were going to borrow a friend's to take with if we could. I assumed because the prohibited items list states "Electronic devices (Cell Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Beepers, and other electronics), including devices capable of transmitting photo/video*" that they wouldn't be allowed. I guess they can't really transmit photo/video right?

They saw it at security and had no issues?

For a practice round yes I had no issue whatsoever. Plan to take it again this year.
    Posted:
  • fairways4lifefairways4life  1556WRX Points: 63Members Posts: 1,556 Platinum Tees
    ddetts wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

We brought a DSLR in 2016 - in it's own little carrying case with two lenses. I assume as long as it's under their max. measurements for bags you're good.

I did the same both times I went. Canon DSLR with a huge additional lens. Took a ton of pictures. If you're into photography at all, you'll have a field day at that place, especially if you're working with some high tech equipment.

I even got a couple of the volunteers to use my camera to take some photos me in the fairway (in the crosswalk) with a green in the background. Did that on 15 and the backdrop was awesome.
    Posted:

ddetts wrote:

.net wrote:

Appreciate the info.

I did the same both times I went. Canon DSLR with a huge additional lens. Took a ton of pictures. If you're into photography at all, you'll have a field day at that place, especially if you're working with some high tech equipment.

I even got a couple of the volunteers to use my camera to take some photos me in the fairway (in the crosswalk) with a green in the background. Did that on 15 and the backdrop was awesome.

Too funny, we took the same picture in 2016. After they let patrons through the walkway on 15, a volunteer took a picture of us standing in the middle of the fairway with the green behind us! Also, after placing our chairs on hole 12 tee, a volunteer pretty much made us walk to the front of the seating area and have him take our picture with 12 green/13 tee in the background. I just love it there.
    Posted:

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

• mshillsmshills On golf hiatus. Auto accidents suck. Pittsburgh, PA — South Hills 3876WRX Points: 191Handicap: ?Members Posts: 3,876 Titanium Tees
    Malvern wrote:

Don't get into a conversation about the BBQ sandwich.

Me: What sort of BBQ is it, pork or beef?

A: It's BBQ

Me: Yeah, but it must be something

Me: OK

I can attest to this, only my exchange was about the beer, not the BBQ.

Q: Curious, what kind of beer is this?

A: Masters Beer.

Q: I mean, who makes it?

A: We have regular and light, it is Masters Beer.

image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • North TexasNorth Texas  4539WRX Points: 904Members Posts: 4,539 Titanium Tees
    mshills wrote:

Malvern wrote:

One year I had this exchange with a volunteer that was sitting at the back of 18 tee during a practice round watching players hit their tee shots. He had on a headset with some kind of Ipad apparatus that he was entering information into.

Me: What are you doing?

Him: I'm collecting data.

Me: What kind of data?

Him: I'm collecting data. That's all I can tell you.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Pert1862Pert1862 Jersey 2845WRX Points: 194Members Posts: 2,845 Titanium Tees
    mshills wrote:

Malvern wrote:

This is the best post I have read in this entire thread. lol. Ill be there Monday and will be partaking in a few of these "Masters Beer"

With that said, can you imagine if they opened a brewery and actually made Masters Beer?? Name all the brews after the holes or something like that? Would be awesome.
    Posted:
    Titleist 910D2 12*
    Titleist 913F 15*
    Adams Super LS Idea 19*
    G10 21*
    G10 28*
    Ping G, 7 - U
    Ping Gorge 56*
    Scotty Select Newport Notchback
    Srixon Z-Star
  • tropicstropics  97WRX Points: 44Members Posts: 97 Fairways
    for practice rounds - is it worth grabbing a chair to put somewhere, or are the stands good enough? do the good "chair spots" fill up quickly?

i feel like i would rather not waste time getting a chair, then putting it somewhere, unless it's really worthwhile.
    Posted:
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left FL 3410WRX Points: 259Handicap: 8.3ClubWRX Posts: 3,410 ClubWRX
    You are arms distance with the pro on golden bell. I say it’s worth it.
    Posted:
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w ADTP, 3w ADIZ, 5w ADDI, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 CB S300, 718 AP2 4i, S300
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    SC Tour Newport // SC 009 //Byron DH89
  • MSUIRONDAWGSMSUIRONDAWGS  748WRX Points: 86Members Posts: 748 Bunkers
    tropics wrote:

for practice rounds - is it worth grabbing a chair to put somewhere, or are the stands good enough? do the good "chair spots" fill up quickly?

i feel like i would rather not waste time getting a chair, then putting it somewhere, unless it's really worthwhile.

Plenty of room in the stands for practice rounds...Keep your arms free for food and souvenirs image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • andyb24andyb24  104WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 104
    Bookmarking this thread for the day I finally get to experience Augusta. Thanks for all of the great inside knowledge, fun to read through even for those of us who'll be watching on TV. Those who are attending, enjoy it!
    Posted:
    Nike Vapor Speed TW Driver
    Nike Vapor Flex 3 & 5 Wood
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-7; Pro 8-PW
    Nike Engage 50SQ, 54TS, 58DS
    Nike Method 006 Prototype

Advertisement
  • TeeShiveTeeShive  54WRX Points: 15Handicap: 5Members Posts: 54 Bunkers
    Do you have to have your ticket with you to get into the Masters parking lot?
    Posted:
  • CEPickCEPick  1784WRX Points: 134Members Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    TeeShive wrote:

Do you have to have your ticket with you to get into the Masters parking lot?

No.
    Posted:
  • jrsharp21jrsharp21  1651WRX Points: 113Members Posts: 1,651 Platinum Tees
    Anyone have a suggestion on a backpack to bring into Augusta National? Looks like bags max size is 10x10x12. Going to head out today and try to find something that I can use to carry around sunscreen, binoculars, and empty Masters cups.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter  5879WRX Points: 2,672Handicap: 10.8Members Posts: 5,879 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.