Interesting Article

heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,018 ✭✭
What do you think? Can this be applied to Junior Golf Tournaments?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19075_5-bizarre-brain-hacks-that-make-you-better-at-sports.html

Comments

• BertGABertGA Posts: 270 ✭✭
    I believe it. Look no further than Rory v. Patrick to see how celebration can pump you up. Tiger has been owning red for decades.
  • leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 969 ✭✭
    Fake news... All of these give us a false sense of control over a random outcome. Same reason people are superstitious and the same reason some people gamble.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    If a kid shows up at the next match wearing red, grunting after every tee shot, singing as he lines up his putt, and then screaming "That's how you f'ing do it" with a fist pump. Then we are quitting golf. So yeah, it could be a good strategy to limit the amount of players you need to beat on the course.
    Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,018 ✭✭
    leezer99 wrote:

Fake news... All of these give us a false sense of control over a random outcome. Same reason people are superstitious and the same reason some people gamble.

Placebo Effect?
  • leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 969 ✭✭

leezer99 wrote:

Placebo Effect?

Success doesn't happen to you, success happens because of you.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,018 ✭✭
    Belmont148 wrote:

If a kid shows up at the next match wearing red, grunting after every tee shot, singing as he lines up his putt, and then screaming "That's how you f'ing do it" with a fist pump. Then we are quitting golf. So yeah, it could be a good strategy to limit the amount of players you need to beat on the course.

This is funny...
  • BertGABertGA Posts: 270 ✭✭
    leezer99 wrote:

I think in a world of things you can’t control, some people feel more relaxed and able to perform if they can control some small things.
  • CTgolfCTgolf Posts: 407 ✭✭
    clickbait