NFL 2018-19 season discussion...

Comments

• jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,250 ClubWRX
    I did tell folks to pick up baker mayfield as a good bye week option moving forward. soft schedule down the stretch.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100 // Epons 301 4-Pw, Accra i80
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
    stupid winston ruining my team's chance to draft bosa. bucs need defense so badly.
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,173 ✭✭
    bubbagump wrote:

Can we go back to the draft when everyone slaughtered the Mayfield pick? Too short was the popular post for some people on here. Can you see him now?

Added to that, the Denzel Ward pick received flak too. Dudes been good as well. Cleveland has been assembling very good talent for a few seasons.

Everybody said the Bears gave too much for Kahlil Mack too. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,518 ✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:

bubbagump wrote:

Can we go back to the draft when everyone slaughtered the Mayfield pick? Too short was the popular post for some people on here. Can you see him now?

Added to that, the Denzel Ward pick received flak too. Dudes been good as well. Cleveland has been assembling very good talent for a few seasons.

Everybody said the Bears gave too much for Kahlil Mack too. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I dont know, if Im a GM there are 2 guys Im fine tossing what the bears did to Oakland for, Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,187 ✭✭
    bubbagump wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

bubbagump wrote:

I dont know, if Im a GM there are 2 guys Im fine tossing what the bears did to Oakland for, Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald.

Raiders obviously never expected for the Bears to be picking at the bottom of the rounds.
  • One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder Members Posts: 10,796 ✭✭
    So glad the 49ers got through the easy part of their schedule with a stellar record 1-4 vs AZ OAK TB AND NYG image/black eye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':black eye:' />
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,136 ✭✭

Raiders obviously never expected for the Bears to be picking at the bottom of the rounds.

This is funny..... I'm sure they thought some top 10 picks would be headed their way!!!
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,518 ✭✭

Right, and the Dallas pick is likely going to be a midround 1 by the end of the season. Still 3 firsts, but not quite the haul that it initially was looking like.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,173 ✭✭
    bubbagump wrote:

Right, and the Dallas pick is likely going to be a midround 1 by the end of the season. Still 3 firsts, but not quite the haul that it initially was looking like.

I expected my Bears to go about 8-8 this year. With a top 10 defense last year Mack really put them over the hill.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭
    aQUeCE.gif
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,135 ✭✭

He a short Andrew Luck ; )
    Dude has a soft schedule and just tossed the worst game of his short live career. Jury is still out. Calling his old coach fake and not expanding. Typical obnoxious brat.
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
    Aaron Rodgers doing McCarty dirty as well. He’s been a horrible qb this year.
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,101 ✭✭

Are we judging him in the "Quarterbacks - Cleveland" or "Quarterbacks - Open" category?

If the former, I think he's already in the Hall of Fame.
    edited Dec 4, 2018 #256
    jerebear21 wrote:

Dude has a soft schedule and just tossed the worst game of his short live career. Jury is still out. Calling his old coach fake and not expanding. Typical obnoxious brat.

Yup, no class.

Zero. And I am not surprised.

Meantime, INT cause he too low to see?

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Browns nailed it with the Mayfield pick. Went against the grain and did something that takes stones. Props to the Browns, Mayfield is far and away the #1 pick. Sorry if you guys can’t see what he is bringing to that organization, I hope you guys don’t continue to hate too long and miss out on enjoying potential greatness.
    edited Dec 16, 2018 #258

Browns nailed it with the Mayfield pick. Went against the grain and did something that takes stones. Props to the Browns, Mayfield is far and away the #1 pick. Sorry if you guys can’t see what he is bringing to that organization, I hope you guys don’t continue to hate too long and miss out on enjoying potential greatness.

SS, would like nothing better for him to do great. Im not a fan but love great sports performance. Im not the type to hope someone does poory (unless they are playing one of my teams)

Just like Tom Brady. Cant stand him but always give him props he deserves.

Mayfield has surprised me, got a Fahrve like quality.
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭
    48358184_2267716429941699_7305121131428577280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=246ca6bcc65758f7fd73369becc7d9b2&oe=5CD84804
    Callaway BB Fusion 9* Diamana
    TEE EX9 15* Aldila Rouge silver
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    Ping ie1 5-PW CFS Graphite
    Ping Glide 2.0 50,56, and 60 all SS grind
    TM Rossa Fontana  7
    Anyone else think the pro game is becoming borderline unwatchable? Actual called penalties aside, it's the players begging and pleading for calls on every play without one along with the announcers that never stop talking about it. Then you've got slow motion replays of every borderline call and more talking about it, and waiting for New York to chime in.... I mean I get that there are a few calls a game (at least) that are bad, but when people whine after every play it just becomes annoying to watch. Kind of like playing with the guy that complains about every single shot he takes on the course, even when they're good.
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭

Browns nailed it with the Mayfield pick. Went against the grain and did something that takes stones. Props to the Browns, Mayfield is far and away the #1 pick. Sorry if you guys can't see what he is bringing to that organization, I hope you guys don't continue to hate too long and miss out on enjoying potential greatness.

The Mayfield pick was obviously the highlight of their draft, but Ward is the high ranked rookie CB. Chubb has proven to be a great RB for them when everyone thought they should have taken Barkley. Plus they've got Callaway filling a need. Etc. They had a pretty good overall draft despite what critics may have thought.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭

Anyone else think the pro game is becoming borderline unwatchable? Actual called penalties aside, it's the players begging and pleading for calls on every play without one along with the announcers that never stop talking about it. Then you've got slow motion replays of every borderline call and more talking about it, and waiting for New York to chime in.... I mean I get that there are a few calls a game (at least) that are bad, but when people whine after every play it just becomes annoying to watch. Kind of like playing with the guy that complains about every single shot he takes on the course, even when they're good.

Yes, I completely agree. BUT, in their defense, the fact that touching any player at any given time is now a penalty, I don't necessarily fault the players for asking for them. I don't enjoy that part of it, but if that's what it takes to win a game these days, then by all means, break out your acting skills.

Alternatively, I just wish they hadn't ruined the game with all the ridiculous, uninterpretable rules. I'll be one of the first people to complain about the overall officiating nightmare that has been the 2018 season, but the league caused it by introducing too many rules that are are also very subjective and nearly impossible to call in real time. They're missing some of the most blantant false start or holding penalties because they also have to watch to see if anyones fingertip grazed the QB or whether the head was lowered 2 or 5 degrees to constitute a personal foul. And make sure you don't look at the receiver in a threatening way, because that's DPI all day long.

Sorry. Rant over.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
    adam667220 wrote:

Yes, I completely agree. BUT, in their defense, the fact that touching any player at any given time is now a penalty, I don't necessarily fault the players for asking for them. I don't enjoy that part of it, but if that's what it takes to win a game these days, then by all means, break out your acting skills.

Alternatively, I just wish they hadn't ruined the game with all the ridiculous, uninterpretable rules. I'll be one of the first people to complain about the overall officiating nightmare that has been the 2018 season, but the league caused it by introducing too many rules that are are also very subjective and nearly impossible to call in real time. They're missing some of the most blantant false start or holding penalties because they also have to watch to see if anyones fingertip grazed the QB or whether the head was lowered 2 or 5 degrees to constitute a personal foul. And make sure you don't look at the receiver in a threatening way, because that's DPI all day long.

Sorry. Rant over.

Lol. It has been rough. I miss the days when a bad call was just a bad call and didn't need to be dissected by 30 different cameras utilizing super slo mo then dwelled upon by a 24 hour sports news cycle with nothing better to do. In those days there wasn't much question about a catch because it was simply one guy making a call in real time.
    **** Mayfield is good.
    WTF. Saints got 7 from the refs there
    I can’t believe I’m saying this, but isn’t the Browns the best of the coaching vacancies?
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Life long Falcons fan. Glad they cleaned house. Wondering if they should have cleaned a little deeper but next year will tell.
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭
    50303784_2319858344727507_4784232610102509568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=ff52a98e497d89e50a942e10a7273e22&oe=5CC5D0FE
    Callaway BB Fusion 9* Diamana
    TEE EX9 15* Aldila Rouge silver
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    Ping ie1 5-PW CFS Graphite
    Ping Glide 2.0 50,56, and 60 all SS grind
    TM Rossa Fontana  7
    anyone but the goat. i'd really like to see KC and LA again like we did earlier in the year but i think those two teams will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. I would really like Brees to get one more ring before he goes. just anyone but the Pats in the SB please!!

gocowboys!
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
  • tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,320 ✭✭
    Wow ... That was a bad call ... Like historically bad call ... Like Tim Donahue get the Rams in the Super Bowl bad call.
    Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9°
    Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
    Irons: Ping i200 3 iron, Ping iE1 4-PW
    Wedges: Titleist SM7, 48º; Titleist SM5, 54º & 58º
    Putter: Cleveland Classics Huntington Beach #1, 35"