2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Long Island NY private clubs under 10k... are there any?

mooks3113 ·  
mooks3113mooks3113  153WRX Points: 75Lefty Boomers Posts: 153
Hey guys,

Been fighting the public fight long enough and really want to join a private club but at slightly above junior executive age I’m finding it hard to find a club under 10k with decent practice facilities. Anybody belong to a club or know of any that are in western Suffolk/ eastern Nassau that might fit he bill?
Posted:

Comments

• TheRatt87TheRatt87  26WRX Points: 33Members Posts: 26
    Hamlet Golf & CC in Commack probably checks most of your boxes. It's a ClubCorp club, so you will also have access to their network of clubs nationwide if you travel. In addition to the traditional family full privilege membership, their website shows individual full privilege and young executive full privilege membership options as well.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mmckee02mmckee02  291WRX Points: 87Handicap: 3Members Posts: 291
    How much is St. Georges and Huntington these days? Both awesome Devereaux Emmett clubs.

MM
    Posted:
  • clickbardclickbard  8WRX Points: 10Handicap: 18Members Posts: 8
    im going to bump this so sorry in advance but im looking for the same. I've seen colonial springs in farmingdale but cant find any information on membership cost. Bellport golf club is probably too far east and doesnt have practice facilities but a full membership is around 5K. Stonebridge in smithtown is around 4k but its semi private and I cant really see the advantage of being a member. Any places I missed? Whats the cost for the club corp? Wind watch is one of my favorites.
    Posted:
  • WillMK5WillMK5  438WRX Points: 50Members Posts: 438
    There are a ton of deals out there, especially if you're under 30 for some of these clubs. If I remember correctly, Colonial Springs is just under $12k for full dues.
    Posted:
  • mjw1903mjw1903  6WRX Points: 20Handicap: 12.7Members Posts: 6
    Looking to move to NYC early next year from Chicago and curious about what you find for Junior memberships. Suggestions on anything off of a rail line to avoid having a car in Manhattan?
    Posted:
  • frommersfrommers  5WRX Points: 32Members Posts: 5

Recently moved as well, did you find anything that is possible without a car?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ButterCutter2ButterCutter2 NYC 338WRX Points: 95Handicap: 4Members Posts: 338

your first look should be to the village courses (lake success, lawrence) and then to clubs teetering on the brink of extinction (woodmere, engineers). id also inquire on colonial springs near farmingdale. i get that geographically they may not check your boxes but still worth the research.

Posted:
  • ptorlax18ptorlax18  6WRX Points: 26Handicap: 17Members Posts: 6

I know this is old topic, bumping to the top because I'm really looking to join a club beginning next year. Really leaning towards Bellport just because of the vicinity to me and the price, no practice facility is a downer though. I know someone who is Junior Member at St Georges, beautiful course and practice facility but it seems there membership dues drastically increase every year because he is moving to Baiting Hollow Club. Ive heard good things about Baiting Hollow. A few of my friends have inclined to join there and they seem very friendly, especially to the younger crowd

Posted:

Taylormade M4 9° w/ Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted 6.0 76g
    Taylormade M5 15° w/ Hzrdus Green Smoke Small Batch 6.0TX 80g
    Titleist 816 H2 20° w/ Diamana D+90
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
    Taylormade P790 4-PW w/ KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey SM7 F Grind 50° bent to 49° w/ KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey SM7 M Grind 54° bent to 53° w/ KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey SM6 S Grind 56°

Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platinum Blacked Out
    or
    Taylormade Ardmore 3 TP Collection

Titleist ProV1

• mooks3113mooks3113  153WRX Points: 75Lefty Boomers Posts: 153

On -, @ptorlax18 said:

I know this is old topic, bumping to the top because I'm really looking to join a club beginning next year. Really leaning towards Bellport just because of the vicinity to me and the price, no practice facility is a downer though. I know someone who is Junior Member at St Georges, beautiful course and practice facility but it seems there membership dues drastically increase every year because he is moving to Baiting Hollow Club. Ive heard good things about Baiting Hollow. A few of my friends have inclined to join there and they seem very friendly, especially to the younger crowd

Baiting hollow is def a good track and if your still able to get a junior exec membership its a steal. Bellport is a good track too, super fast greens but always so windy on the south shore water. If the practice facility is a big thing def go with baiting hollow

Posted:
  • ptorlax18ptorlax18  6WRX Points: 26Handicap: 17Members Posts: 6

Thanks. Im in Sayville, used to the wind haha, so Bellport would make sense for travel reasons. But Baiting Hollow is only 30 mins away, and I've driven to cherry creek to just use their range plenty of times. I guess ill start inquiring with Baiting Hollow

Posted:

Taylormade M4 9° w/ Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted 6.0 76g
    Taylormade M5 15° w/ Hzrdus Green Smoke Small Batch 6.0TX 80g
    Titleist 816 H2 20° w/ Diamana D+90
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
    Taylormade P790 4-PW w/ KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey SM7 F Grind 50° bent to 49° w/ KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey SM7 M Grind 54° bent to 53° w/ KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey SM6 S Grind 56°

Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platinum Blacked Out
    or
    Taylormade Ardmore 3 TP Collection

Titleist ProV1

• Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 1413WRX Points: 251Handicap: 12.3Members Posts: 1,413

I haven't played Engineers, but I think they are putting money back in after selling. Just had their 100 PGA championship anniversary.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Dubbs3Dubbs3  7WRX Points: 45Handicap: 17.5Members Posts: 7

The only ones that I have found under 10k are Woodside Club and Village Club at Lake Success. Haven't played either of them though, so I can't comment as to the golf at either location.

Posted:
  • chas521chas521  1172WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 1,172

A friend of mine is the club champion at Lake Success. He's been a member there for a lot of years so it can't be bad.

Posted:
  • naromgergnaromgerg  37WRX Points: 14Members Posts: 37

I still feel like having a course that is $12k dues and then still having to pay greens fees every time you play is a bit much for any average person. Then you go out to the Hamptons and you have to pay close to 7 figures to join and those courses never have anyone on them. Seems like it is just a status symbol to be members there.

I was looking into Baiting Hollow but that might be far east for the people in the city. Also none of the places really advertise on their sites the initiation and membership fees to join.

If you live in the city though, there has to be a lot more options because you can go to NJ, Upstate NY, Connecticut, and Long Island to play. Definitely give you much more options and availability.

Posted:

WITB

• Callaway Epic Flash SZ - 9 w/ Hazardous Black Smoke 70
    • TaylorMade R9 3W 13*
    • TaylorMade P790 3i and 4i w/ DG X100
    • Mizuno MP-20 - 5-PW w/ KBS $ Taper X130
    • Cleveland RTX 4 54* w/ DG S400
    • Cleveland RTX 3 58* w/ DG S400
    • Putter - Odyssey Hot Pro 2.0
  • farmerfarmer  8349WRX Points: 840Members Posts: 8,349

Per their website, a couples membership at Booking Hollow runs about $9500, all in. No initiation fees or minimums. Pretty course, but not very long.

Posted:
  • ChillyDipperChillyDipper  1072WRX Points: 147Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,072

Does anyone have thoughts or know about dues requirements for the Village Club at Sands Point? I was hearing about it on a Podcast recently and it seems decent.

Posted:
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.