New NX9 HD Slope from Precision Pro

Comments

• osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OH 1154WRX Points: 349Handicap: 1.9Members Posts: 1,154 Platinum Tees

Anyone trying to get rid of theirs by chance? Don't want to wait for them to be back in stock!

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Double Diamond - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
    Ping G410 Hybrid - Aldila Tour Green ATX 105TX
    Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
    Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Ping Glide 3.0 60 Eye2 - DG120 S300
    Yes! Sally 12 w/ Evnroll Gravity Grip
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf  289WRX Points: 68Sponsors Posts: 289 Greens

On -, @vartanick said:

Is the screen bigger than the previous model?

The screen or viewfinder is the same size but the side that lets light in is slightly wider but the NX9 HD Slope has 7x magnification compared the the NX7 Pro Slope and most rangefinders 6x magnification.

Posted:
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

www.precisionprogolf.com

$20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg

• Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf  289WRX Points: 68Sponsors Posts: 289 Greens

On -, @osubuckeyes691 said:

Anyone trying to get rid of theirs by chance? Don't want to wait for them to be back in stock!

It will be back in stock next week so it won't be much longer.

Posted:

www.precisionprogolf.com

• timbo08timbo08  2157WRX Points: 147Members Posts: 2,157 Platinum Tees

Does this model have a scan mode and does it have a laser with a more narrow field? I've read reviews of previous lasers that say the field the laser shoots out at is wider compared to some other brands like Bushnell making it more difficult to get the range when shooting through a tree or if the pin is mostly behind a hill that has tall grass at the top of it.

Posted:

On -, @timbo08 said:

Does this model have a scan mode and does it have a laser with a more narrow field? I've read reviews of previous lasers that say the field the laser shoots out at is wider compared to some other brands like Bushnell making it more difficult to get the range when shooting through a tree or if the pin is mostly behind a hill that has tall grass at the top of it.

The NX9 HD Slope does not have a scan mode. We made our laser slightly wider to help the rangefinder pick up the flag when there is a lot going on behind the target/flag.

Posted:

www.precisionprogolf.com

The NX9 HD Slope is also back in stock and ready to ship. We also are running a sale for the Open Championship, use code OPEN19 to save $20 on our entire product line including the NX9 HD Slope.

Posted:

www.precisionprogolf.com

Advertisement
  • CM1547CM1547  5WRX Points: 6Members Posts: 5 Bunkers

Mine arrived yesterday. I have only been able to mess with it on various trees/mailboxes around my house and the pin for the second hole of the course my parents live on (only flag I can see from their back porch), but I can already agree with ShooterMcDabbin that it seems very fast compared to other rangefinders I have used. Unfortunately, it showed up about an hour after I had finished my second round in two days or else I could have really put it through it’s paces. Hopefully, I can get out again here fairly soon and use it during a round. Once I do, I’ll report back. If I can work it out, I have a couple buddies that have other rangefinders that I’ll try to play with and I can do a bit of a comparison. Seems impressive so far, though!

Posted:
  • JcorpJcorp  31WRX Points: 14Members Posts: 31 Bunkers

Can anyone compare it to the nx7? Is it worth the extra $$?

Posted:

Also, in the market for my first range finder... can anyone give tell me there thoughts on a stabilizing rangefinder like Nikon vs non-stabilizing? Love the features and reviews and price point of the nx7 and nx9. Thinking that’s the way to go, but is the stabilizer worth it or not?

Posted:
  • LpgfortierLpgfortier  20WRX Points: 22Members Posts: 20 Bunkers

On -, @Jcorp said:

Also, in the market for my first range finder... can anyone give tell me there thoughts on a stabilizing rangefinder like Nikon vs non-stabilizing? Love the features and reviews and price point of the nx7 and nx9. Thinking that’s the way to go, but is the stabilizer worth it or not?

Same here!

Posted:
  • flaghunting1987flaghunting1987  64WRX Points: 45Handicap: 3Members Posts: 64 Bunkers

On -, @Lpgfortier said:

On -, @Jcorp said:

Same here!

I don't think it's worth it IMO...It's not really that hard to lock on to a target for me. I could see someone who doesn't have a very steady hand having some difficulty, but that depends on the person.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • LpgfortierLpgfortier  20WRX Points: 22Members Posts: 20 Bunkers

On -, @flaghunting1987 said:

On -, @Lpgfortier said:

On -, @Jcorp said:

Same here!

I don't think it's worth it IMO...It's not really that hard to lock on to a target for me. I could see someone who doesn't have a very steady hand having some difficulty, but that depends on the person.

It's gonna be my first range finder, after losing my Garmin watch. I'm debating if I pay the 100$ extra for the NX9 or go with NX7 Pro?

Posted:

On -, @Lpgfortier said:

On -, @flaghunting1987 said:

On -, @Lpgfortier said:

On -, @Jcorp said:

Same here!

It's gonna be my first range finder, after losing my Garmin watch. I'm debating if I pay the 100$ extra for the NX9 or go with NX7 Pro?

I ended up buying the nx9 . Seems like a lot of people said that if it’s “that much” faster than the nx7 then it’ll be a beastly range finder. My hands are shaky but flaghunting was right. It doesn’t seem to matter. If my hands are really shaky I’ll just gun it 2 or 3 times to make sure and it literally takes 2 seconds for 3 tries. It is very fast. I like it a lot. My dad has a Bushnell and now that I have the nx9 I don’t see why I would pay 200$ more.

Posted:
  • rpearlbergrpearlberg  648WRX Points: 68Members Posts: 648 Golden Tee

I'm just waiting for it to show up on Amazon so I can use some gift cards!!

Posted:
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
    Titleist 915D2 9.5
    Titleist 915F 15
    Titliest 915H 19
    Titleist 915H 21
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey  1909WRX Points: 148Members Posts: 1,909 Platinum Tees

Just placed an order for one.
    Can anyone recommend a case for the unit? I'm sure the magnet is strong and all but I get very paranoid I might hit a nasty bump and the rangefinder goes flying off the magnetic rail.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Pro White 
    Ping G410 17* hybrid 
    Ping G10 21* hybrid 
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 5-AW Recoil 95 Prototype
    TM Hi Toe 54*
    TM Hi Toe 58*
    Bettinardi BB54
    WITB Link
  • Lomo SaltadoLomo Saltado  100WRX Points: 63Members Posts: 100 Fairways

It comes with a nice case. The magnet is really strong regardless.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • pgetzenpgetzen  258WRX Points: 80Handicap: 4Members Posts: 258 Greens

Any idea how long it takes to ship once you buy directly from them?

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX 1 Hybrid
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth White 4-PW
    Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 Wedges
    Evnroll ER2
  • Big BenBig Ben  9301WRX Points: 483Handicap: 5Members Posts: 9,301 Titanium Tees

I use a cover with a magnet on the cart rail and I’ve never once had an issue. I absolutely love having it right in arms reach. Now if you try and jump the gorge then?! To answer the image stabilizing question. If I recall even with the stability it will not lock on any faster. When someone figures that out image stabilization will be a real thing.

Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

On -, @pgetzen said:

I ordered it on a Tuesday afternoon and received it on Saturday to San Diego.

Posted:

On -, @pgetzen said:

Orders placed before noon EST usually go out the same day or next day at the latest, depends on when the mail person comes that day. Orders placed after noon EST go out the next day. We use USPS Priority Mail for our free shipping which is 2-3 day

Posted:

www.precisionprogolf.com

Awesome, looking forward to getting it on the course!

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST Driver
    Evnroll ER2

Advertisement
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey  1909WRX Points: 148Members Posts: 1,909 Platinum Tees

First time out on the course with the NX9.
    While I enjoy the unit, wish they didn't put the mode button on top. Too many times I was hitting the mode button instead of the green button.

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Pro White 
    Ping G410 17* hybrid 
    Ping G10 21* hybrid 
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 5-AW Recoil 95 Prototype
    TM Hi Toe 54*
    TM Hi Toe 58*
    Bettinardi BB54
    WITB Link

Had my first round with the NX9, and have to say it was great. Very fast picking up the target. I am used to a scan mode, but the larger display made it pretty easy to get the target. I hit the target on the first try almost all tries, and on the few times I didn’t, I got the target on the second try. The magnet on the side is strong and it stayed on the golf cart well. I did read about the mode button so I took care to not press it. It’s a great product, and it’s kind of hard to believe that you can get something good at a price substantially less than some of the competitors.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST Driver
    Evnroll ER2
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Omaha, Nebraska 1239WRX Points: 168Handicap: 11.4Members Posts: 1,239 Platinum Tees

Wonder if it is better than the NX7 Pro. I have been using my NX7 Pro for over a year now and not overly sold on it. I can shoot the flag a half a dozen times from less than 200 yards and it comes up with 4 or 5 different distances. The readings are anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and short distances. The slope is never the same even if you have the regular number the same. I understand being a yard or two off but 12 yards is a little too much.
    Just completed a five round tournament and my partner had a different brand ("B") that never had this problem. He was getting maybe a 1 to 2 yard difference, not 12 yards.

Posted:
    Driver: _________ Ping G400 Max
    Woods: ________ Ping G410 3 & 5 
    Hybrids: _______ Ping  G410 4 & 5
    Irons: __________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    Wedges: _______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    Putter: _________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    Ball: ____________ Snell MTB-X Yellow or Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow
    Bag: ____________ Datrek Lite Rider
    GPS: ____________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7 Pro
    GHIN: __________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • Big BenBig Ben  9301WRX Points: 483Handicap: 5Members Posts: 9,301 Titanium Tees

On -, @crazygolfnut said:

Wonder if it is better than the NX7 Pro. I have been using my NX7 Pro for over a year now and not overly sold on it. I can shoot the flag a half a dozen times from less than 200 yards and it comes up with 4 or 5 different distances. The readings are anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and short distances. The slope is never the same even if you have the regular number the same. I understand being a yard or two off but 12 yards is a little too much.
    Just completed a five round tournament and my partner had a different brand ("B") that never had this problem. He was getting maybe a 1 to 2 yard difference, not 12 yards.

I would’ve sent that particular device back for inspection. No matter how good QC is there’s always a chance to get a bad apple.

Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

Couldn’t comment relative to the NX7, but the NX9 numbers were very consistent for me. Played my second round today and am very happy with it.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST Driver
    Evnroll ER2

Advertisement
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Minnesota, USA 7007WRX Points: 1,054Handicap: 7Members Posts: 7,007 Titanium Tees

What

On -, @BigBen said. Contact them, have it checked out.

I've been using my NX7 exclusively this summer, have gotten zero such instances. Re checking always gets me the exact same number, to the 10th of a yard, unless I've targeted something else by mistake.

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Orlimar persimmon, Dynamic S, 43.25"
    3w:  Orlimar persimmon, Dynamic S, 42.25"
    2i:  Mizuno Pro, DGS300
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    GW:  Dynacraft forged 52*, DGS400
    SW:  Wilson Staff PMP 58*
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar, Snell MTB Black, Vice Pro Lime... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

Sometimes carry 1-SW Golden Ram Tour Grinds w/Dynamic S or 1-SW Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5
    On occasion, Ram 1i or Mizuno 2i replaced with Orlimar persimmon 4w, Dynamic S

Driver Substitutes: Golden Ram TW801, TW802, or TW805
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Omaha, Nebraska 1239WRX Points: 168Handicap: 11.4Members Posts: 1,239 Platinum Tees

On -, @NRJyzr said:

What

On -, @BigBen said. Contact them, have it checked out.

I've been using my NX7 exclusively this summer, have gotten zero such instances. Re checking always gets me the exact same number, to the 10th of a yard, unless I've targeted something else by mistake.

My partner braced it against the cart to make sure that it was not me shaking. The results were better but he could never get the same number twice.

Posted:
    Driver: _________ Ping G400 Max
    Woods: ________ Ping G410 3 & 5 
    Hybrids: _______ Ping  G410 4 & 5
    Irons: __________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    Wedges: _______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    Putter: _________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    Ball: ____________ Snell MTB-X Yellow or Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow
    Bag: ____________ Datrek Lite Rider
    GPS: ____________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7 Pro
    GHIN: __________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”

I have had NX9 HD for about a month now. I've used it for 5-6 rounds but yesterday I noticed something interesting. Since I am in the midst of a move I threw out the box and instructions as I was packing and getting rid of a bunch of clutter. In mode 2 (slope) I assumed the number on top was the slope adjusted and bottom the actual yardage where it shows "X yds". Eg, top shows 116 and bottom shows "122 yds" if the target happens to be downhill. However, I noticed several pins yesterday that were clearly uphill every so slightly but the top number would show less. It was really confusing. I ended up just using mode 1 to avoid confusion. Is there an online manual or could you explain to me like I'm 5 how to use the slope feature? I'll give it another shot later today to make sure it's not user error. Otherwise I love this rangefinder and hope it's just me being a dummy.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • CM1547CM1547  5WRX Points: 6Members Posts: 5 Bunkers

I finally used the NX9 HD for a full round yesterday. I was very impressed. It was extremely fast and gave me consistent numbers every time I re-shot the distance. The magnet was the biggest surprise, though. Much more secure than I was expecting. I floored it over some really bumpy cart path sections to see if it would shake loose (probably not wise in retrospect), but it didn’t even budge. At this point I’d have to say I’m very pleased with my purchase.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.