New NX9 HD Slope from Precision Pro

2

Comments

  • osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Anyone trying to get rid of theirs by chance? Don't want to wait for them to be back in stock!

    Ping G410 LST 9* - Accra TZ6 65 M5
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
    Ping G410 Hybrid - Aldila Tour Green ATX 105TX
    Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
    Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60 camber sole - DGTI S400
    Taylormade Spider X - Stability Shaft / SIK BAD prototype armlock
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf Sponsors Posts: 281 ✭✭✭✭

    @vartanick said:
    Is the screen bigger than the previous model?

    The screen or viewfinder is the same size but the side that lets light in is slightly wider but the NX9 HD Slope has 7x magnification compared the the NX7 Pro Slope and most rangefinders 6x magnification.

    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf Sponsors Posts: 281 ✭✭✭✭

    @osubuckeyes691 said:
    Anyone trying to get rid of theirs by chance? Don't want to wait for them to be back in stock!

    It will be back in stock next week so it won't be much longer.

    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • timbo08timbo08 Members Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Does this model have a scan mode and does it have a laser with a more narrow field? I've read reviews of previous lasers that say the field the laser shoots out at is wider compared to some other brands like Bushnell making it more difficult to get the range when shooting through a tree or if the pin is mostly behind a hill that has tall grass at the top of it.

  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf Sponsors Posts: 281 ✭✭✭✭

    @timbo08 said:
    Does this model have a scan mode and does it have a laser with a more narrow field? I've read reviews of previous lasers that say the field the laser shoots out at is wider compared to some other brands like Bushnell making it more difficult to get the range when shooting through a tree or if the pin is mostly behind a hill that has tall grass at the top of it.

    The NX9 HD Slope does not have a scan mode. We made our laser slightly wider to help the rangefinder pick up the flag when there is a lot going on behind the target/flag.

    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf Sponsors Posts: 281 ✭✭✭✭

    The NX9 HD Slope is also back in stock and ready to ship. We also are running a sale for the Open Championship, use code OPEN19 to save $20 on our entire product line including the NX9 HD Slope.

    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • CM1547CM1547 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

    Mine arrived yesterday. I have only been able to mess with it on various trees/mailboxes around my house and the pin for the second hole of the course my parents live on (only flag I can see from their back porch), but I can already agree with ShooterMcDabbin that it seems very fast compared to other rangefinders I have used. Unfortunately, it showed up about an hour after I had finished my second round in two days or else I could have really put it through it’s paces. Hopefully, I can get out again here fairly soon and use it during a round. Once I do, I’ll report back. If I can work it out, I have a couple buddies that have other rangefinders that I’ll try to play with and I can do a bit of a comparison. Seems impressive so far, though!

  • JcorpJcorp Members Posts: 13 ✭✭

    Can anyone compare it to the nx7? Is it worth the extra $$?

  • JcorpJcorp Members Posts: 13 ✭✭

    Also, in the market for my first range finder... can anyone give tell me there thoughts on a stabilizing rangefinder like Nikon vs non-stabilizing? Love the features and reviews and price point of the nx7 and nx9. Thinking that’s the way to go, but is the stabilizer worth it or not?

  • LpgfortierLpgfortier Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

    @Jcorp said:
    Also, in the market for my first range finder... can anyone give tell me there thoughts on a stabilizing rangefinder like Nikon vs non-stabilizing? Love the features and reviews and price point of the nx7 and nx9. Thinking that’s the way to go, but is the stabilizer worth it or not?

    Same here!

  • flaghunting1987flaghunting1987 Members Posts: 35 ✭✭

    @Lpgfortier said:

    @Jcorp said:
    Also, in the market for my first range finder... can anyone give tell me there thoughts on a stabilizing rangefinder like Nikon vs non-stabilizing? Love the features and reviews and price point of the nx7 and nx9. Thinking that’s the way to go, but is the stabilizer worth it or not?

    Same here!

    I don't think it's worth it IMO...It's not really that hard to lock on to a target for me. I could see someone who doesn't have a very steady hand having some difficulty, but that depends on the person.

  • LpgfortierLpgfortier Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

    @flaghunting1987 said:

    @Lpgfortier said:

    @Jcorp said:
    Also, in the market for my first range finder... can anyone give tell me there thoughts on a stabilizing rangefinder like Nikon vs non-stabilizing? Love the features and reviews and price point of the nx7 and nx9. Thinking that’s the way to go, but is the stabilizer worth it or not?

    Same here!

    I don't think it's worth it IMO...It's not really that hard to lock on to a target for me. I could see someone who doesn't have a very steady hand having some difficulty, but that depends on the person.

    It's gonna be my first range finder, after losing my Garmin watch. I'm debating if I pay the 100$ extra for the NX9 or go with NX7 Pro?

  • JcorpJcorp Members Posts: 13 ✭✭

    @Lpgfortier said:

    @flaghunting1987 said:

    @Lpgfortier said:

    @Jcorp said:
    Also, in the market for my first range finder... can anyone give tell me there thoughts on a stabilizing rangefinder like Nikon vs non-stabilizing? Love the features and reviews and price point of the nx7 and nx9. Thinking that’s the way to go, but is the stabilizer worth it or not?

    Same here!

    I don't think it's worth it IMO...It's not really that hard to lock on to a target for me. I could see someone who doesn't have a very steady hand having some difficulty, but that depends on the person.

    It's gonna be my first range finder, after losing my Garmin watch. I'm debating if I pay the 100$ extra for the NX9 or go with NX7 Pro?

    I ended up buying the nx9 . Seems like a lot of people said that if it’s “that much” faster than the nx7 then it’ll be a beastly range finder. My hands are shaky but flaghunting was right. It doesn’t seem to matter. If my hands are really shaky I’ll just gun it 2 or 3 times to make sure and it literally takes 2 seconds for 3 tries. It is very fast. I like it a lot. My dad has a Bushnell and now that I have the nx9 I don’t see why I would pay 200$ more.

  • rpearlbergrpearlberg Members Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm just waiting for it to show up on Amazon so I can use some gift cards!!

    Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
    Titleist 915D2 9.5
    Titleist 915F 15
    Titliest 915H 19
    Titleist 915H 21
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Just placed an order for one.
    Can anyone recommend a case for the unit? I'm sure the magnet is strong and all but I get very paranoid I might hit a nasty bump and the rangefinder goes flying off the magnetic rail.

  • Lomo SaltadoLomo Saltado Members Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 2, 2019 1:18pm #47

    It comes with a nice case. The magnet is really strong regardless.

  • pgetzenpgetzen Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

    Any idea how long it takes to ship once you buy directly from them?

    King Cobra LTD Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 Wood
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19 Hybrid
    Hogan Ft Worth White 4-PW
    Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 Wedges
    Seemore Nashville Z3C
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 5, 2019 12:06am #49

    I use a cover with a magnet on the cart rail and I’ve never once had an issue. I absolutely love having it right in arms reach. Now if you try and jump the gorge then?! To answer the image stabilizing question. If I recall even with the stability it will not lock on any faster. When someone figures that out image stabilization will be a real thing.

    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • Lomo SaltadoLomo Saltado Members Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

    @pgetzen said:
    Any idea how long it takes to ship once you buy directly from them?

    I ordered it on a Tuesday afternoon and received it on Saturday to San Diego.

  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf Sponsors Posts: 281 ✭✭✭✭

    @pgetzen said:
    Any idea how long it takes to ship once you buy directly from them?

    Orders placed before noon EST usually go out the same day or next day at the latest, depends on when the mail person comes that day. Orders placed after noon EST go out the next day. We use USPS Priority Mail for our free shipping which is 2-3 day

    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • pgetzenpgetzen Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

    Awesome, looking forward to getting it on the course!

    King Cobra LTD Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 Wood
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19 Hybrid
    Hogan Ft Worth White 4-PW
    Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 Wedges
    Seemore Nashville Z3C
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    First time out on the course with the NX9.
    While I enjoy the unit, wish they didn't put the mode button on top. Too many times I was hitting the mode button instead of the green button.

  • pgetzenpgetzen Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

    Had my first round with the NX9, and have to say it was great. Very fast picking up the target. I am used to a scan mode, but the larger display made it pretty easy to get the target. I hit the target on the first try almost all tries, and on the few times I didn’t, I got the target on the second try. The magnet on the side is strong and it stayed on the golf cart well. I did read about the mode button so I took care to not press it. It’s a great product, and it’s kind of hard to believe that you can get something good at a price substantially less than some of the competitors.

    King Cobra LTD Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 Wood
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19 Hybrid
    Hogan Ft Worth White 4-PW
    Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 Wedges
    Seemore Nashville Z3C
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Wonder if it is better than the NX7 Pro. I have been using my NX7 Pro for over a year now and not overly sold on it. I can shoot the flag a half a dozen times from less than 200 yards and it comes up with 4 or 5 different distances. The readings are anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and short distances. The slope is never the same even if you have the regular number the same. I understand being a yard or two off but 12 yards is a little too much.
    Just completed a five round tournament and my partner had a different brand ("B") that never had this problem. He was getting maybe a 1 to 2 yard difference, not 12 yards.

    • Driver: ________ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _______ Ping G410 3 & 5 woods
    • Hybrids: ______ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ___________ Snell MTB Black Yellow & Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow
    • Bag: ___________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: ___________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7
    • GHIN: _________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

    “Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @crazygolfnut said:
    Wonder if it is better than the NX7 Pro. I have been using my NX7 Pro for over a year now and not overly sold on it. I can shoot the flag a half a dozen times from less than 200 yards and it comes up with 4 or 5 different distances. The readings are anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and short distances. The slope is never the same even if you have the regular number the same. I understand being a yard or two off but 12 yards is a little too much.
    Just completed a five round tournament and my partner had a different brand ("B") that never had this problem. He was getting maybe a 1 to 2 yard difference, not 12 yards.

    I would’ve sent that particular device back for inspection. No matter how good QC is there’s always a chance to get a bad apple.

    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • pgetzenpgetzen Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

    Couldn’t comment relative to the NX7, but the NX9 numbers were very consistent for me. Played my second round today and am very happy with it.

    King Cobra LTD Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 3 Wood
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 19 Hybrid
    Hogan Ft Worth White 4-PW
    Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 Wedges
    Seemore Nashville Z3C
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @crazygolfnut said:
    Wonder if it is better than the NX7 Pro. I have been using my NX7 Pro for over a year now and not overly sold on it. I can shoot the flag a half a dozen times from less than 200 yards and it comes up with 4 or 5 different distances. The readings are anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and short distances. The slope is never the same even if you have the regular number the same. I understand being a yard or two off but 12 yards is a little too much.
    Just completed a five round tournament and my partner had a different brand ("B") that never had this problem. He was getting maybe a 1 to 2 yard difference, not 12 yards.

    What @BigBen said. Contact them, have it checked out.

    I've been using my NX7 exclusively this summer, have gotten zero such instances. Re checking always gets me the exact same number, to the 10th of a yard, unless I've targeted something else by mistake.

    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Ping Eye2, ZZ-lite shaft
    3w: Ping Eye2, ZZ-lite shaft
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind TW282, Precision 6.5
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS -or- Ram TG-898 56*, DGS
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

    I've proven once again that anything over 44.5" or even 44.25" is a horrible fit for my tee game
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @NRJyzr said:

    @crazygolfnut said:
    Wonder if it is better than the NX7 Pro. I have been using my NX7 Pro for over a year now and not overly sold on it. I can shoot the flag a half a dozen times from less than 200 yards and it comes up with 4 or 5 different distances. The readings are anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and short distances. The slope is never the same even if you have the regular number the same. I understand being a yard or two off but 12 yards is a little too much.
    Just completed a five round tournament and my partner had a different brand ("B") that never had this problem. He was getting maybe a 1 to 2 yard difference, not 12 yards.

    What @BigBen said. Contact them, have it checked out.

    I've been using my NX7 exclusively this summer, have gotten zero such instances. Re checking always gets me the exact same number, to the 10th of a yard, unless I've targeted something else by mistake.

    My partner braced it against the cart to make sure that it was not me shaking. The results were better but he could never get the same number twice.

    • Driver: ________ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _______ Ping G410 3 & 5 woods
    • Hybrids: ______ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ___________ Snell MTB Black Yellow & Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow
    • Bag: ___________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: ___________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7
    • GHIN: _________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

    “Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • Lomo SaltadoLomo Saltado Members Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

    I have had NX9 HD for about a month now. I've used it for 5-6 rounds but yesterday I noticed something interesting. Since I am in the midst of a move I threw out the box and instructions as I was packing and getting rid of a bunch of clutter. In mode 2 (slope) I assumed the number on top was the slope adjusted and bottom the actual yardage where it shows "X yds". Eg, top shows 116 and bottom shows "122 yds" if the target happens to be downhill. However, I noticed several pins yesterday that were clearly uphill every so slightly but the top number would show less. It was really confusing. I ended up just using mode 1 to avoid confusion. Is there an online manual or could you explain to me like I'm 5 how to use the slope feature? I'll give it another shot later today to make sure it's not user error. Otherwise I love this rangefinder and hope it's just me being a dummy.

  • CM1547CM1547 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

    I finally used the NX9 HD for a full round yesterday. I was very impressed. It was extremely fast and gave me consistent numbers every time I re-shot the distance. The magnet was the biggest surprise, though. Much more secure than I was expecting. I floored it over some really bumpy cart path sections to see if it would shake loose (probably not wise in retrospect), but it didn’t even budge. At this point I’d have to say I’m very pleased with my purchase.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file