Ring vs ADT doorbell camera

jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members Posts: 1,650 ✭✭
We are looking at installing a doorbell camera on our house. We were originally going to go buy a Ring, but I have read online that Ring sometimes has issues with Xfinity wifi. We currently have ADT as our monitoring company. They do have a doorbell camera solution. Anyone else ever looked into these two? Any feedback on either doorbell camera?

Comments

• HabrownleeHabrownlee Habrownlee Members Posts: 42 ✭✭
    I just had an estimate for an 8 camera system for our property. Price was about 1200 and included re installing my existing alarm with a siren I don’t want monitoring we can get 1080 p night and day pictures for that. Our property backs up to a cliff with a water facility that you can’t see at base Anyone coming in can’t come from that direction.
  • tocinotocino Members Posts: 2,289 ✭✭
    I’ve had xfinity and the ring going for over a year now with no problems so far. My gateway is maybe 25-30 feet away without any additional walls in the way.
  • N8dogg2669N8dogg2669 ClubWRX Posts: 101 ✭✭
    I have ring and xfinity and zero issues at all. I run the wifi through the Google Home Wifi. Not a single issue.
  • ronnbeeronnbee Members Posts: 1,102 ✭✭

heard Ring pretty good

• Crazy About GolfCrazy About Golf Members Posts: 253 ✭✭

Ring works pretty well if you have a good wifi signal. A nice feature is that the device can connect directly into an existing doorbell power supply, so it'll never need to be charged. If you don't have an existing doorbell, they make battery-powered devices that you'll need to recharge every couple weeks.....in that case, recommend getting a second battery so you always have one fully charged.

Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 12.5 degree, Aldila Tour ATX-75 in x-flex
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder in x-flex
    Mizuno MP18 3-PW, Dynamic Gold x-100
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 549 ClubWRX

I've got a Ring... it works well and install was a breeze... just used my existing doorbell power supply... I don't have the strongest WiFi connection, but it still works flawlessly

WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 834 ✭✭

Big fan of Arlo. They are a division of Netgear.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/default.aspx

• MychMych Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭

I just got a Ring Pro. I stalled forever trying to decide which ecosystem to go with, Ring/Alexa/Amazon, Nest/Google, Arlo, etc.
    I'm not fully sold on the Ring system but so far the doorbell is working well connected to my 5ghz on xfiniti internet (own my modem/router).

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5*~ F6 Baffler 16.5* ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier