Bettinardi Hive

gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,220 ✭✭
Anyone get anything through the hive recently without using some sort of bot? It's getting pretty frustrating when you have something in the cart and literally compete all the checkout steps in under 30 seconds only to have it taken out of your cart and sold out.

Comments

• WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭
    Ya, I got the "Party On" headcover last week, I paid standard shipping and it showed up in two days. It is the first time I have been successful though. Headcover is useless to me though as it is velcro and not magnet...
  • hehateme2285hehateme2285 Members Posts: 110 ✭✭

Ya, I got the "Party On" headcover last week, I paid standard shipping and it showed up in two days. It is the first time I have been successful though. Headcover is useless to me though as it is velcro and not magnet...

Why is velcro useless?
    Callaway Epic SZ 9* with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
    Exotics XCG 15* with Mitsubishi Fubuki 85x
    Adams Super DHY 21* with Proforce 85x
    Srixon 765 4-5 iron with Modus 125x
    Srixon 965 6-PW with Modus 125x
    Vokey SM7 52-08 F with Modus 125x, 56-10 S with DDTI S400, 60-04 L with DDTI S400
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,220 ✭✭

I had the headcover in my cart and went to checkout and 30 secs later it said we got a problem lol. R u not digging the headcover? Velcro doesn't bother me if it's actually done well so that it actually closes and stays closed. Agree that magnet is better.
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭
    I got a Halloween ball marker without much trouble.
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • D0ch0l1d4yD0ch0l1d4y Members Posts: 1,056 ✭✭
    edited Feb 7, 2019 1:44pm #6
    I had a couple putters in my cart this morning. Went to check the slush fund and it was sold out. Had I pulled the trigger I'd have gotten both.

*edit - of note, everything sold out in under 5 minutes, so you gotta be fast and have payment info at the ready.
  • DrRemulakDrRemulak Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Tried to grab a putter and by the time I hit checkout it said it was Sold Out
    D0ch0l1d4y wrote:

I had a couple putters in my cart this morning. Went to check the slush fund and it was sold out. Had I pulled the trigger I'd have gotten both.

*edit - of note, everything sold out in under 5 minutes, so you gotta be fast and have payment info at the ready.

Under 5 mins and you wouldn't have got it either. It sucks.

DrRemulak wrote:

Tried to grab a putter and by the time I hit checkout it said it was Sold Out

Same here. I actually went through the whole checkout process and hit submit order and then I got the sold out message. I had the putter in my cart at 8am PST and got that message at 8am PST. Tried one more time and then another time. Total of 3 tries and it was only 801am.
  • Ngjg21Ngjg21 Members Posts: 855 ✭✭
    That's frustrating. Admittedly I've not tried to purchase any of the hive releases, but it would be nice if they instituted a timeframe for purchase once an item is in the cart. Maybe 2 minutes? It's not like they still wouldn't sell out in an hour or so.
  • krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    Every time I have tried to purchase anything on there I had no issue. Probably because it was a headcover or ball maker where a solid amount were made though and not a one off putter.
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Works Red #1W S
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 919 ✭✭
    If you're expected to see something for the first time and forced to buy it in 10 seconds, I would think you'd either end up with a "sold out" message or an overpriced item you probably don't love.

You may love the idea of a tour only putter or unique model but chances are the one you end up with isn't the exact weight, toe hang, design, etc you would have picked out had you had the time. This really leads me to believe an extremely small percentage of those putters sold probably become the initial buyer's gamer. It's primarily suited for collectors or flippers (at least the putters).

Side note, I agree, magnetic headcovers are so much better. Being able to stick it to your wedge while putting is awesome.
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,731 ✭✭
    edited Feb 7, 2019 4:23pm #12
    Seems like the Hive putters are increasingly becoming collector's putters and I doubt many are ever gamed.

Won't Bettinardi mill you whatever you want, assuming you have the money? I think they take custom orders.

• rjp322rjp322 Members Posts: 3,184 ✭✭
    nova6868 wrote:

Seems like the Hive putters are increasingly becoming collector's putters and I doubt many are ever gamed.

Won't Bettinardi mill you whatever you want, assuming you have the money? I think they take custom orders.

They do take custom orders but it starts at a higher price than any of the putters were listed for today. Im not sure I would buy a hive putter at release for the reasons above. However I have never missed a cover or tool or marker release that I have wanted. Just need to be logged in beforehand and ready to go.
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 919 ✭✭
    rjp322 wrote:

nova6868 wrote:

They do take custom orders but it starts at a higher price than any of the putters were listed for today. Im not sure I would buy a hive putter at release for the reasons above. However I have never missed a cover or tool or marker release that I have wanted. Just need to be logged in beforehand and ready to go.

Good luck on your future hunts (click and type fast!). Robert made my favorite model of Scotty Cameron. He's been making quality stuff for a long time. Love that he's stayed near Chicago rather than moving out to California.
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,329 ✭✭
    Rory4Pres wrote:

This really leads me to believe an extremely small percentage of those putters sold probably become the initial buyer's gamer. It's primarily suited for collectors or flippers (at least the putters).

Would that be why someone would have two in their cart?
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,521 ✭✭
    I don't understand the mentality that would have a person make a snap decision to buy a $1,500 putter. Dave Ramsey would not approve. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

I don't understand the mentality that would have a person make a snap decision to buy a $1,500 putter. Dave Ramsey would not approve. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Dave might be ok with it if that person were a debt free homeowner with a nestegg and their emergency fund intact while investing 15% of their income.
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
    SubaruWRX wrote:
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

Dave might be ok with it if that person were a debt free homeowner with a nestegg and their emergency fund intact while investing 15% of their income.

Dave would suggest spending that $1500 on a dinner at his house so he can tell you why you shouldn’t spend $1500 on something you don’t need.
  • Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,521 ✭✭
    edited Feb 9, 2019 2:31am #19
    gambit wrote:

SubaruWRX wrote:
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

Dave would suggest spending that $1500 on a dinner at his house so he can tell you why you shouldn’t spend $1500 on something you don’t need.

My post was in jest but now I'm about to get real. Dave Ramsey helped save my financial life. I was a financial train wreck (like 80% of Americans), in part because of the sick cycle of spending that websites like wrx perpetrate. Buying the latest and greatest beyond your means. I am now 100% debt free (I don't even have a mortgage) and have a sound financial future thanks to Dave Ramsey.

And now I'm going to launch into a PSA.

Golfwrx members, if you are buying golf equipment with a credit card that you cannot pay off in the next billing cycle you are a fool. Stop. Stop now.

[/PSA]
    Mr. Hogan wrote:
    gambit wrote:

SubaruWRX wrote:
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

My post was in jest but now I'm about to get real. Dave Ramsey helped save my financial life. I was a financial train wreck (like 80% of Americans), in part because of the sick cycle of spending that websites like wrx perpetrate. Buying the latest and greatest beyond your means. I am now 100% debt free (I don't even have a mortgage) and have a sound financial future thanks to Dave Ramsey.

Golfwrx members, if you are buying golf equipment with a credit card that you cannot pay off in the next billing cycle you are a fool. Stop. Stop now.

[/PSA]

I was totally joking. I just think the ads are hilarious.

Your PSA is 100% spot on. Reminds me of one of the best piece of financial advice I’ve ever heard...”Don’t buy an $80k house before you buy a house” - E40
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

gambit wrote:

SubaruWRX wrote:
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

[/PSA]

Well done! And that was your debt free scream.
  • Hoolagn18Hoolagn18 Members Posts: 55
    Looks like the overall message here is line up "black friday" style for Hive releases because they sell out fast.