Lake Oconee :: Reynolds

Bizzle80Bizzle80 Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
Anyone have a review of the National course there? On the way to Augusta and debating staying and playing in Atlanta or stopping at Reynolds for the night and playing a course or two at Lake Oconee.

Any feedback appreciated...

Comments

• balladmballadm Augusta, GAMembers Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oconee is always too notch quality. Top notch price too.

• AUTIGER07AUTIGER07 Just lost $1K on a putt Members Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great tracks. National and Oconee are typically in top shape around Masters week so I'd expect conditioning to be solid. Pace of play is usually an issue during those 2-3 weeks and would fall in the 4 1/2 to 5 hour round category.

If you're playing National, I still prefer the original 18 hold routing of Ridge to Bluff but the Cove is a solid 9 hole track. Greens are typically on the quicker side with a significant amount of undulation. Fairways do a nice job of narrowing up considerably at the 260-290 mark off the tee but are still reasonable. I personally have always enjoyed the par 5's out there as they can offer eagle chances after a good tee shot (Ridge #6 / 8; Bluff #3 / 6).

915D3 8.5 D70X *B1*
    915F 16.5 D80X *C1*
    915Hd 20.5 D90X *C1*
    MP4 4-9 C-Taper X
    VR Forged 47 / 51 / 55 / 59
    Black Lab BL-7
  • agadawg17171agadawg17171 Bomb and Gouge The ATLMembers Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Cuscowilla is the Best on the Lake and top 10 in the state. It's normally private but they open to public play for Masters week.

Callaway- Epic Flash SZ 9.5* PX Hazrdous Smoke 6.5
    Callaway- Epic Flash 13.5* PX Hazrdous Smoke 6.5
    Callaway- APEX 19* Hybrid PX Evenflow Black 6.5
    Taylormade- P790 4-9i SteelFiber 110 S
    Vokey- SM7 46F, 50F, 56S, 60D DGTi S400
    PXG- Gunboat Mini H
    WITB Link
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 2,023 ClubWRX

Played national and landings last week. National is soooooo good.

Taylormade M5 Driver
    TaylorMade M5 Fwy
    Mizuno CLK Hyb
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged Irons
    Mizuno S18 Blue Ion Wedges
    SG TriSole Super Nickel Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag
  • DandyDonDandyDon Members Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Played out there in September.....Great Waters was Closed. I actually enjoyed the National course the Least (although one of their nines, can't remember the name, was decent). I liked the Landings course the most which surprised me. Lake Occonee was second favorite...Plantation had some fun wholes and some meh holes. Overall, the courses were in immaculate shape, very good courses, but the courses did not stand out for me when compared to other places I have played over the last few years...

• Bizzle80Bizzle80 Members Posts: 146 ✭✭

We hit National en route to ANGC for the Women's Am. Had such a great stay there. My buddy and I - both from Los Angeles - thought the National course was amazing. The second 9 we played (Bluff?) was definitely the highlight. Will stop on the way again back to Augusta next year hopefully.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file