ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Modus 105 stiff soft stepped 1x = ? On the rifle scale???

ian1974ian1974 Advanced Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
Anyone have any idea? I currently play modus 105 stiff straight in. If anyone could tell me what stiff straight in equals on the rifle scale as well as soft steppe 1x it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ChipNRunChipNRun Advanced Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭
    edited March 16
    Are you referring to the 2011 New and Improved Shaft Chart from here on GolfWRX?

That comparison chart used the CPM measures from measuring oscillations of the shaft anchored at the butt. Basically, it doesn't tell the full picture of the shafts, as Howard Jones explains: http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18340002

Nowadays shafts get measured at several points from butt to tip. Miyazaki, for example, developed a four-digit International Flex Code which does this.

[color=rgba(38, 38, 38, 0.8)]The [/color]International Flex Code[color=rgba(38, 38, 38, 0.8)] is a four number sequence. [/color][color=rgba(38, 38, 38, 0.8)]The numbers represent the stiffness of each of the four sections of the shaft: butt, mid-butt, mid-tip, and tip. The numbers range from 0 to 9, with 0 representing a very soft section and 9 representing XX-Stiff.[/color]

[color=rgba(38, 38, 38, 0.8)]The beauty of this system is that it allows golfers to learn precisely what they like and need. Miyazaki offers a tremendous variety of profiles, so golfers can experiment with balanced, “flat” profiles (5555), butt-stiff/tip-soft profiles (7552), butt-soft/tip-stiff profiles (5689) or anything in between.[/color]

A couple of years ago Miyazaki had a web link which explained the code, but that URL has been deactivated.
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 95 gr. (As of 21 Nov 2018)
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
    MD.PM 60°/10 / KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Slotline Inertial SL-583F / 34" w. SuperStroke 2.0 MidSlim grip
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperSoft
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Advanced Members Posts: 18,092 ✭✭
    edited March 16
    5.3 for straight in is my guess.
    Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & Srizon U85 3U
    Ping G25, G410, or i200 irons (depending on mood)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges 
    Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"
  • ian1974ian1974 Advanced Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses fellas. I was looking for something like the 2011 New and Improved Shaft Chart from here on GolfWRX. That seems the simplest to understand for a guy like myself.
  • Stuart G.Stuart G. Members, Advanced Members Posts: 22,663 ✭✭
    edited March 17
    ian1974 wrote:

Thanks for the responses fellas. I was looking for something like the 2011 New and Improved Shaft Chart from here on GolfWRX. That seems the simplest to understand for a guy like myself.

That's a big part of the problem, it does seem simple but that simplicity comes at the expense of any actual accuracy or usefulness of those numbers as it applies to how they will actually perform or feel to the player.