What to do with 30 min of practice time

frugolfer ·  
frugolferfrugolfer Members  1WRX Points: 1Handicap: Best 9 hole score: -3, best 18: 75Posts: 1 Starters

I'm new to the forum. I've been golfing on and off since 1993. I have about 4 days per week I can practice for 30 min. and I play 9 holes per week in a league plus 3 to 5 outings a year. I've shot even on the back at my home course and plus 2 on the back. I also balloon to plus 9 at times. What's the best use of 30 minutes of practice/stretch time you know of?

Also, I here's my frugal golfer gear:
(It's good enough for what I do)

Cleveland Launcher 400, 3 wood, 5 wood stock stiff (paid $85)
Nicklaus progressive ironmax 4-gw stiff (paid $80)
Cleveland 588 56 and 60 (paid $30)
Ping pal putter (paid $18)

Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• JEN36JEN36 Members  16WRX Points: 6Posts: 16 Bunkers

Stretching, wedges and putt. My course allows irons only. Work on feel and ball flight.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nitramnitram WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera Members  5779WRX Points: 452Handicap: -.6Posts: 5,779 Titanium Tees

Welcome aboard.

If you can practice 4 days per week for 30 minutes per I'd break it down to devoting one day for each aspect of the game and finish each with 5-10 minutes putting. For example:

Day 1: Short game around the green out to 40 yards.

Day 2: Wedges and short irons (approach shots).

Day 3: Long irons and hybrids

Day 4: Driver and fairways.

Adjust to fit your needs as you may need a day of bunker practice or spend your half hour working solely on hitting it better to 100 yards.

Good luck

Posted:
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra TZ5 65 M5
    Exotics CBX 119 13.5* & 18* Accra TourZ 382 M5
    Exotics CBX 22* Accra TZ5-95H M5
    PING S55 5-P Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
    Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 60 Mitsubishi MMT-125 TX (9-iron)
    Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Members  3143WRX Points: 283Posts: 3,143 Titanium Tees

Tough to give you the best use of YOUR time without being familiar with your game and tendencies.

Personally I would absolutely love this schedule during the work week and play my best when I can just get out there for quick “maintenance” sessions. Try to get loose before getting to the course or doing a quick active warmup on the range for a couple minutes, don’t need much.

For me, if this were my schedule, I would spend most 3 full days of 30 minutes on the range and then one day chip and putt. My range time would consist of half wedges and work up to fuller wedges and then smooth short irons. I’d only hit couple mid irons, long irons, woods.

My game is certainly different than most though but when I’m comfortable and “grooving” short irons and wedges, I will stay at the top of my game.

Posted:
    Driver: EF SZ Triple Diamond at 6.5* - T1100 6.5 tipped 1.5"
    Hybrid: G410 @ 16* - Evenflow Black 85x tipped 1.5”
    Ping i500 4i @ 20* - Modus 120tx
    Miura MC 501 4-P - Modus 120tx
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50*/55* - X100
    Callaway MD 4 raw 60* - S400
    Scotty Cameron Catalina Two - original, oil can.

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.