***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Effect on performance of not tip trimming shaft per OEM

JD3 ·  
JD3JD3 Members  5091WRX Points: 414Posts: 5,091 Titanium Tees

So I have the feeling the shaft on my hybrid wasn't trimmed per KBS guide of about 1" to 1&1/4" per that loft (if I'm reading it correctly). This is for the KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid shaft. What would the effect be on shaft performance if it were installed without being tip trimmed?

Posted:
TM M1 2017 10.5 Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65x
TM M1 2016 3W HL Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75x
Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85s+
Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120s (hard stepped 1x)
Yururi Tataki 52.5 & 60.5 KBS Hi Rev 125s
Ping Anser 2 Milled
NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
Titleist AVX 
UA Jordan Spieth 2
Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)

Comments

• hubleehublee Members  125WRX Points: 82Posts: 125 Fairways

It will play softer by a few CPM, but an inch or more could make it play close to a half flex, without getting too technical.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JD3JD3 Members  5091WRX Points: 414Posts: 5,091 Titanium Tees

On -, @hublee said:

It will play softer by a few CPM, but an inch or more could make it play close to a half flex, without getting too technical.

Thanks, will it effect launch angle? i.e. by putting the kickpoint in a higher relative position?

Posted:
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    Titleist AVX 
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  11645WRX Points: 2,300Posts: 11,645 Titanium Tees

On -, @JD3 said:

So I have the feeling the shaft on my hybrid wasn't trimmed per KBS guide of about 1" to 1&1/4" per that loft (if I'm reading it correctly). This is for the KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid shaft. What would the effect be on shaft performance if it were installed without being tip trimmed?

Never mind butt CPM changes on Graphites, think in terms of head weight and "stepping"
    1 inch = SS2 and higher launch. Most of the shafts in my own bag is altered to become like i want them this way, so my woods and hybrids are SS1 to SS2 depending on the shaft, and since im only using Low to LOW mid profiles, they all become about "MID" as launch.

Posted:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

This wasnt tip trimmed. What is ss1 vs ss2?

Posted:
    Post edited by JD3 on
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    Titleist AVX 
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  11645WRX Points: 2,300Posts: 11,645 Titanium Tees

On -, @JD3 said:

This wasnt tip trimmed. What is ss1 vs ss2?

Soft stepping once or soft stepping twice, just like we can make a Iron shaft 1/3 of a flex weaker by using a #3 iron shaft to the #4 iron head (the shaft play softer because the #4 head is plus 7 grams up from the #3 head, and we shorten butt 0.5" vs original ), we can soft step woods the same way, by using tip trim instructions for a 3W, but used for a 5W who has 10 grams more head weight, than a 3W has...

Think using a lure on a fishing rod, more weight the lure got, the softer becomes the same fishing rod, and thats what we do here, we change the weight of the club head, or move shafts "1 or 2 steps" = SS1 or SS2 for short in Golf tech terms.

Posted:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

• PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers  16996WRX Points: 1,082Handicap: 4-5Posts: 16,996 Titanium Tees

I chose to prep the tips but not tip-trim a PX 6C12, PX 7C3 and the PX HZRDUS Red 6.0 shaft I currently use and didn't notice any effect. However, when I tip-trimmed the second PX 6C12 then took an extra 1/2" off the tip I noticed it played more to my liking. Stayed in the bag for a long time, till recently. It depends on your attention to detail or how it feels. My driver playing length is 44.5"

Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
    Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
    Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    Titleist 620 3i i95cw "S"
    Titleist 620 4i-PW, Steelfiber i110 "S"
    SM6 F-52/8, Steelfiber i125 "S"
    SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
    SC California Monterey
    ProV1 & AVX

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • KMo23KMo23 Members  164WRX Points: 43Posts: 164 Fairways

That shaft isn’t supposed to be tipped at all.

Posted:

On -, @KMo23 said:

That shaft isn’t supposed to be tipped at all.

Yes you're right. I contacted KBS CS and that's what they said. The trimming guide online is for the steel Hybrid predecessor

Posted:
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    Titleist AVX 
    UA Jordan Spieth 2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.