Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

The Plan (Book)- Coach James Jordan

hangontighthangontight Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited Aug 31, 2019 11:49am in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1

Anyone read this book? Following his IG- I like his approaches teaching and the way he works with his juniors.

Comments

• darter79darter79 Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@darter79 said:
    @leezer99 I'm sure he has :D

My son did go to JJ for about two years and I've had Georgia on my lap during lessons. Just didn't work out for us but I still send a bunch of junior golfers his way. A lot of people know he's a music guy as well but don't know he has another IG account under jfunkla. He absolutely wrecks a turntable and has thousands upon thousands of vinyl records. As for The Plan, I can say that I haven't ordered it but would assume it's a helpful, easy and quick read for kids. He has a lot of inspiration (personal and golf related) to share which your child might enjoy.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 9,127 ClubWRX

@leezer99
    Wow I love the positivity man!! 👌

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kekoa
    JJ is a good person with good intentions which is much more than I can say about a lot of other people in this world. If he were creating a hostile environment or a detriment to anyone's development I would just be silent about it.

• JedaigekiJedaigeki Members Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭

My daughters just getting into golf with some seriousness and she's a real book worm (I keep finding golf books from my collection in her room) so this may be a nice read for her (and me)

• darter79darter79 Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jedaigeki its not a 'real book' its an epub/pdf type of book.

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think my kid would flourish under JJ. His personality is right in line with what my kid needs. He is a really good teacher of the swing.

@heavy_hitter said:
    I think my kid would flourish under JJ. His personality is right in line with what my kid needs. He is a really good teacher of the swing.

Road trip! J can stay with us.

• kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 9,127 ClubWRX

@heavy_hitter said:

My son saw him like 4 times as a 6-7 yr old and it wasn't a fit at all. More for me than my son, but yah it seems like he definitely knows his stuff. I had actually referred 3 kids to him and all of them have since moved on to different instructors.

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kekoa said:

@heavy_hitter said:

My son saw him like 4 times as a 6-7 yr old and it wasn't a fit at all. More for me than my son, but yah it seems like he definitely knows his stuff. I had actually referred 3 kids to him and all of them have since moved on to different instructors.

Interesting to say the least. My kid needs to be patted on the back. As a 6-7 year old I think it is over the top. As a teen I think it is great. May have a totally different opinion watching it happen live. The thing is, doesn't matter what we think as parents. The student/child/kid/player has to learn and be comfortable with the coach/student relationship. I think more so in golf/tennis/swim/individual sports the relationship of the student/coach has to be great for the kid to flourish. A kid can still excel with a crappy baseball coach.

@kekoa said:
    I had actually referred 3 kids to him and all of them have since moved on to different instructors.

Interesting.

• kcapkcap Members Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

Finding and knowing you have the right coach is quite the exercise!! We recently switched to someone again.. I think it working but the F knows!
    He really likes him and I think the difference is that this coach is a really accomplished player and my sons loves watching him or just playing with him..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file