Check out this ebay auction for a BB-41!

bucklomein ·  
bucklomeinbucklomein Members  24WRX Points: 0Posts: 24
Unreal. 1 of 2???? Isn't this a "standard" BB-41, of which 500 were made?

It is in nice shape, granted, but notice there is no reserve.

Wow. Step right up. image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

http://cgi.ebay.com/BETTINARDI-BB-41-TOUR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm such a noob. The link doesn't work. Sorry.
Posted:

Comments

• 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    I saw that one today. Ummmmm, good luck with that!.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dags27dags27 Members  912WRX Points: 107Posts: 912 Golden Tee
    I can't view it....Ebay took it down????
    Posted:
  • oks871oks871 Members  898WRX Points: 87Posts: 898 Golden Tee
    I CANT SEE IT EITHER!!! I REALLY WANTED TO SEE IT!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

ps: i put it in caps for a reason. i'm angry.
    Posted:
  • bucklomeinbucklomein Members  24WRX Points: 0Posts: 24
    I'm really sorry about the link. Just go to ebay and search on "bettinardi". About three pages of items will come up. Just scroll down until you find the listing. Once found, if anyone could provide the link, that would be so cool.

bucklomein
    Posted:
  • rblmp32rblmp32 Lefty Boomers  4341WRX Points: 114Posts: 4,341 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Dat be it. Thank you!

Do you agree that it is a standard BB-41. If it really was 1 of 2, wouldn't that be stamped somewhere on it?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • lebanontngolferlebanontngolfer short and to the left ClubWRX  3061WRX Points: 146Posts: 3,061 Titanium Tees
    bucklomein wrote on Sep 28 2008, 08:09 AM:
    Dat be it. Thank you!

Do you agree that it is a standard BB-41. If it really was 1 of 2, wouldn't that be stamped somewhere on it?

From reading his listing, the only reason it is "1 of 2" is because it has been "sandblasted to reduce glare" which he may have done himself. He says he is playing with the other one, so it is a good bet that he did; send him a message and ask him who did the sandblasting.
    Posted:
    Note that the listing has been revised. The details about sandblasting were not in the original description when I saw it last night.

How much is sandblasting worth anyway?
    Posted:
  • 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals  3399WRX Points: 301Posts: 3,399 Marshals
    Not $1000 to $2000, unless it was blasted grain by grain. It's just a regular BB-41.
    Posted:
    Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi
  • sharkharksharkhark Members  1691WRX Points: 129Posts: 1,691 Platinum Tees
    I sent a email for clarification. On hindsight re reading it, it does now give the appearance of being misleading, by saying the putter is unique and 1 of 2. He then pauses with a comma and goes on to say its blasted.

If that is the case is he not altering the original characteristics of the putter and in effect lowering the value not raising it, as its not unique, its just altered?

COuld this guy buy a scotty, do his own paintfill and say its "1 of 1......,......that has unique paint fill". Kind of misleading if that is it?
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    I've had stainless putters bead blasted for $15. I never knew it added that much value. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Can't wait to see what happens on this one. I've got it on my watch list.

I hope anyone considering plunking down that kind of money, stops by here first to get the scoop.
    Posted:
    Got a reply from the seller. You more knowledgeable collectors can break it down for us. I am unable to tell if he really has a gold star find, or just a run of the mill bettinardi with some blasting done.

His ebay reply:

NO...YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG. GLENN ZAGORSKI, VP OF BETTINADRI GOLF, SANDBLASTED THEM HIMSELF IN TINLEY PARK, IL PLANT. PLUS...IF YOU LOOK AT TKS'S WEBSITE...WHICH HE IS "STILL" SELLING HIS INVENTPRY UNDER THE D.A.S.S. PUTTERS, YOU WILL FIND THE BB-41...I HAVE 3 OF THOSE, THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SANDBLASTED, FOR $1.425.00. I DO NOT "ALTER MY CLUBS" OR INFLATE THEIR VALUE, IT HAS THE TOUR ONLY LABEL, WHICH TKS's DON'T, AND HIS DO NOT HAVE 1/2.....OR 33/1000. ONLY 5, BB-41'S GOT THE GREEN AND YELLOW TOUR LABEL. HE BLASTED 2 FOR ME...I PLAY WITH THE OTHER. I HAVE 82 OTHER BETTINARDI'S...SOME SAY, TOUR ONLY, SOME 3/25,I ALREADY HAVE AN OFFER FOR $1,000 FOR THIS "GEM", IF YOU FORWARD ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS I'LL SHOW YOU THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT I HAVE AND WHAT WAS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC. JOHN
    Posted:
  • xxioxxio Cebu, PhilippinesMembers  5836WRX Points: 291Posts: 5,836 Titanium Tees
    Based on that reply, it is who did the sandblasting that adds the value. I would tend to agree, but how much it adds would depend on the buyer.

It would be nice if he could get someone from StudioB to write some sort of letter authenticating the sandblasting, becuase that is what is adding on value.

82 bettinardis in one place? Wow can you ask him to take pics. I'm sure he has some in there that never made retail in any way shape or form.
    Posted:
    I found out rather innocently the other day, from TKS himself, that he selling nothing and has nothing to sell. So prices from his website are irrelevant.

IMHO, the $975 for carbon and $1475 for DASS that he charged was a little extreme anyway.

edit....

If he has an offer of $1000, it is on the side. As of right now, there are 0 bids on his 1 of 2.
    Posted:
  • mattsammattsam New Orleans/Benton HarborMembers  1713WRX Points: 126Handicap: 3.2Posts: 1,713 Platinum Tees
    Looks just like my BB-41 GREAT putter by the way

Matt
    Posted:
    Titleist TS4 9.5 La Golf Ozik Tphde 7 stiff  
    Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg Graphite Design TP-7 Stiff
    Callaway epic Flash 18 deg Fujikura Ventus 7 Stiff
    Miura MC101 4 iron NS Pro Stiff
    Miura CB-301 5-gw Steelfiber 95 still
    Miura 56 K 2.0 Grind Recoil 95 stiff
    PXG Milled Zulu 60 deg S400 tour issue
    Miura KM-009 34"
    Taylormade TP5
    Adidas Boost XT 360      

Advertisement
  • Titleist87Titleist87 Members  2871WRX Points: 65Posts: 2,871 Titanium Tees
    Maybe if the sand blaster that was used is a tour issue sand blaster....
    Posted:
    Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila DVS
    MacGregor MT 4w Aldila DVS
    Titleist 915H 3
    Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro/'87 Titleist Tour Model/'86 Spalding Tour Edition
    Titleist SM6 50 F Grind
    Titleist SM6 54 S Grind
    Titleist SM6 58 S Grind
    Titleist SC Studio Design 5
    As an update, the putter never sold. I followed the auction as the guy claimed he had at the very least an offer of a $1000 minimum for it.....but it never sold.

On a funny note as well...a head scratcher here.....a scotty that the guy sanded all the finish off....says it will guaranteed rust like crazy....and its already bid to $120...?......am i missing something...it looks like an old anser as it is completely sanded...really rough...not nicely....guy warns it will rust and needs lots of oiling....but people will pay that much? Why? click here for ebay auction link
    Posted:
  • oregongolforegongolf Lefty Boomers  8606WRX Points: 190Posts: 8,606 Titanium Tees
    sharkhark wrote on Oct 5 2008, 07:56 AM:
    As an update, the putter never sold. I followed the auction as the guy claimed he had at the very least an offer of a $1000 minimum for it.....but it never sold.

On a funny note as well...a head scratcher here.....a scotty that the guy sanded all the finish off....says it will guaranteed rust like crazy....and its already bid to $120...?......am i missing something...it looks like an old anser as it is completely sanded...really rough...not nicely....guy warns it will rust and needs lots of oiling....but people will pay that much? Why? click here for ebay auction link

He butchered a beautiful putter.

I'd buy it if it was less than $100, but I wouldn't wanna sock $140+ for a beater putter, plus the cost of refinishing.
    Posted:
    BTW - this guy is tool. You don't sandblast stainless steel putters (at least you shouldn't)--you bead blast them with glass media.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.