2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Scotty Cameron Classic Mini

nickpoz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The owner of the putter turned down an offer of $40,000 last year.

:bigwhack: :WTF: :censored2: :russian_roulette: :taunt: :shok: :fool:

Only things that I can think of that can describe that. $40,000 for a golf club :WTF:

Anyone who would pay $40,000 for a golf club is a f****** idiot. Anyone who turns down $40,000 for a golf club is a bigger f****** idiot.

The owner of the putter turned down an offer of $40,000 last year.

:bigwhack: :WTF: :censored2: :russian_roulette: :taunt: :shok: :fool:

Only things that I can think of that can describe that. $40,000 for a golf club :WTF:

Anyone who would pay $40,000 for a golf club is a f****** idiot. Anyone who turns down $40,000 for a golf club is a bigger f****** idiot.

Chris...do you mind if I use that quote for my signature ? lol

Great putter. Always wondered if they made "mini" covers....

My guess , if it really was $40K It was a trade.

That is was no different than the last time one (or maybe this one) "sold" for 35K. And advertised as such. But was actually a trade and cash. Regardless..... should have taken the 40K value.

I have no clue about numbers. But just logic determines an even number, not an odd one. Number of putters "made" or produced versus ones actually sold.

..... When Cameron requested the putter be made he ordered 5 of them.

Complete BS. In fact in a post on another site, Jim butler, perhaps the person closest to Scotty from the early days that is still connected stated that 8 were made. The story about 5 started when only 5 could be accounted for, in other words the Cameron experts could only determine where 5 of them were. When it came out that Bettinardi had one and that there were 2 more that could be accounted for, the Cameron experts then changed the story to insinuate that there were only 5 "authentic" Mini's that Bettinardi's and the others were some how not legit.

Bob Bettinardi and Scotty Cameron were friends and business partners. Bettinardi designed and manufactured the Mini and the first one was made as a gift for Scotty's wife when she was pregnant with their first child. Some of the others were then given to others as gifts.

Bettinardi is still making this head, it is the 3/4 BB-1. If Scotty designed and created this head shape do you not think he would have patented or trademarked the design and that he would be screaming bloody murder that Bettinardi has been making this head style for a couple of years?

By the way, the Mini head shape is very similar, but slightly different than the original Byron Morgan DH-9 and the current Mini DH-89 that Byron is making. Byron's head shape is a little more chunky and was made years before the Mini was made. Byron and Scotty were really good friends at one point and shared not only manufacturing space but ideas as Byron took Scotty under his wing in the late 80's and tutored him on the fine points of putter making and customization.

Nick it is posts like yours that show the true type of people that are connected to Cameron and that destroys any and all credibility of anything you guys post.

PS: None of the Classic series of putters from 1993 and 1994 originally came with plastic on the grip. Plastic was added after they were sold, mostly by the Japanese distributors and collectors. More than likely this putter originally was owned by a Japanese collector and then made its way to the States.

I don't know how many were made and certainly don't care either....although it is always nice to know the story behind some of the special runs. Maybe 8 were made and Scotty only wanted 5....maybe 3 were errors....maybe 5 were to be 'distributed' and the other 3 were for Bettinardi or other people. I only asked for a pic to compare them because I doubt that I will ever have either of them 'in-hand' and will certainly never have them 'in-hand' together......although I wish there was a picture of them physically together. Thanks for the pic.

The only problem I have is why wasn't there a single post in the bettinardi thread (even sarcastically) that said 'nice small DH-9'? The similarities and copying only comes up now that the thread is about a Cameron? And, how can you say that Bettinardi 'designed' this head....isn't it just a revised anser. :tongue:

I certainly don't need to read another cameron vs. anti-cameron thread....I already have a headache today....but I wouldn't mind reading about these things instead of more fighting. I just wish we could all be consistent and unbiased on our opinions.

BTW - $40K is just plain nuts. Even if I won the lottery I don't think I could drop $40K on a putter - unless it was the actual putter used by the top pro in the world (and maybe ever)....then, if I just had $40K burning a hole in my pocket, I would think about it.

You think your pissed, the way you started your post offended me personally.

Kevin

HULL17RW

My apologies... I'll edit it appropriately.

Someone already got it, but I'll leave the apology... it was inappropriate and I'm sorry.

foregasim. Once again I love how you try to make things personal in this thread by telling me to go fold some sweaters. Yes I work at a golf course, yes I am a Class A PGA Professional, and yes I do fold shirts and sweaters. And yes you hide behind a screen name. Maybe if you came out and revealed who you are and where all of your information comes from people might take you more seriously. And for those who say this should be taken to PM it cant. He blocked me because I was trying to solve the problem he has with me and Cameron. He accused me of misinforming people and when I asked him for examples he refused to answer and blocked me.

Start interesting information:

As if there have never been "strange" stampings on a Cameron putter in the past along with even stranger stories about Cameron stuff. Lets see:

there is a Blue Goose stamped Scott but it is not considered a "handmade";

there are at least 5 "handmade" putters stamped Scotty instead of Scott;

there are numerous Scott Cameron "handmade" putters that have been sent in to the Custom/Restoration/Authentication shop that had new stampings added to them to make them more desirable;

there was a Scott Cameron sent in for restoration and the Cameron employee stamped a Y after the Scott because he "thought" that is what it should have been. The owner about crapped his pants. The Custom Shop then welded in the entire name, stamped the putter Scott Cameron and re authenticated the putter;

there were 4 or 5 Chicago Classic Swan Neck putters authenticated with A COA's and then Scotty changed his mind and removed all the entries from the registry and compensated the owners of the COA'ed putters;

there have been really rare Cameron items that were denied COA's only to later receive glowing COA's when a more connected person submitted the item;

there is a Newport long neck with a twisted neck in the registry, TWISTY in big letters in the cavity and 1996 stamped on a bumper, that was made about 2 or 3 years ago from an old early Titleist blank head that had been sitting around for over 10 years and now it is being touted as the very first twisty because it was stamped 1996! I guess it does not mater when it was stamped 1996 just that it is stamped 1996;

and examples go on and on.

Scotty increases the value of his stuff by stamping it a certain way and then issuing a COA and story to embellish the history of the item. Obviously Scotty and you guys think that it would devalue the Classic I Mini if the big collectors and the public thought that there were more than 5 of them made. Why else would you all continue to try and claim there are only 5 "authentic" Classic I Mini's? It is another example of Cameron and his crew attempting to manipulate the value and the history of items associated with Cameron.

Personally I do not think the value would change if there were 8 instead of 5 or if there were 12 instead of 5. In the Cameron Blog or Garage Talk Cameron responds to a question asking if he will make anymore Mini's and his response is something to the effect that it is not out of the question that more will be made. If that happens then yes, the value of the Cameron Classic I Mini will take a dive just like the original Scotty Cameron Milled Putters head covers did when the NOS versions were issued.

End interesting information..

And, from left field:

Voice from the PA system: "Nick, sweaters on isle 5 need to be folded. Get back to work."

WTH? Why is that needed, or even relevant to the post. Keep it regarding the information on the putters, and it's an interesting thread. Personal attacks aren't necessary, IMO. It only diminishes the information you presented, and it's validity..

Now, back on topic. Very cool putter regardless, I appreciate you posting the pictures Nic.

Foregasim, you haven't provided any proof to dispute what Nick has posted either. This really seems to be a case of who we are all going to believe.

I have been collecting Cameron putters for a new years now and no other brand brings up such polar opposite opinions. I really think this is unfortunate. Too many good threads have been locked because we can't get a long, because someone makes a personal attack, or the thread gets so far off course. If everyone can just stick to the facts and leave personal opinions and personal attacks alone we could have some civil, adult discussions about these putters.

I am not a die-hard Cameron fan, in fact I have sold off a lot of my collection over the past few months to purchase other manufacturers. What really bothers me is when these threads get filled with individuals opinions that are presented as facts, or when individuals "bend the truth" (one way or the other) to support their opinions.

Let's keep it civil, "above the belt" and truthful.

Foregasim, you haven't provided any proof to dispute what Nick has posted either. This really seems to be a case of who we are all going to believe.

I was fortunate enough to spend some time with a couple guys that have been to the Cameron Social. There are many interesting things that Scotty has done according to them, so I don't doubt what Foregasim is saying.

Its too bad that foregasim turned around what could have been a good thread into this. All I was doing was posting some pictures of a putter that someone else requested and this happens.

The part where I mentioned about 5 minis being made was taken from the 1 of 5 stamping of the Mini in Vogs book.

Just to set some facts straight. I sent him a total of 4 pms a couple of days ago. I was not filling his inbox everyday like he said. As far as I remember these are the only 4 messages I have ever sent him. Also in the messages I asked him what BS or misinformation I have been spreading to try to get to the bottom of it but he doesnt answer and he blocks me.

Here is the wording of the first one.

Just wondering if you could let me know what I have ever done to you to deserve personal comments in the open threads? I try to keep things civil and on topic yet you time and again try to make jabs at me. You made the comment about how work must be slow today and not many sweaters to fold yet you have been on here more than I have probably?

It will be interesting to see where this thread goes. Im off to work to fold some sweaters ;)

Why is the burden of proof only on foregasim?

He presented a lot of facts in this thread (and others as well) that he has yet to provide where he is getting his information from.

I would expect anyone who is presenting facts on controversial subjects such as these provides sources.

If there was a request for photos of the mini, why did you have to go off on a tangent about it's value? You don't think photos of a limited production putter aren't enough for people to appreciate?

What is it with the money?

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

..... When Cameron requested the putter be made he ordered 5 of them.

Complete BS. In fact in a post on another site, Jim butler, perhaps the person closest to Scotty from the early days that is still connected stated that 8 were made. The story about 5 started when only 5 could be accounted for, in other words the Cameron experts could only determine where 5 of them were. When it came out that Bettinardi had one and that there were 2 more that could be accounted for, the Cameron experts then changed the story to insinuate that there were only 5 "authentic" Mini's that Bettinardi's and the others were some how not legit.

Bob Bettinardi and Scotty Cameron were friends and business partners. Bettinardi designed and manufactured the Mini and the first one was made as a gift for Scotty's wife when she was pregnant with their first child. Some of the others were then given to others as gifts.

Bettinardi is still making this head, it is the 3/4 BB-1. If Scotty designed and created this head shape do you not think he would have patented or trademarked the design and that he would be screaming bloody murder that Bettinardi has been making this head style for a couple of years?

By the way, the Mini head shape is very similar, but slightly different than the original Byron Morgan DH-9 and the current Mini DH-89 that Byron is making. Byron's head shape is a little more chunky and was made years before the Mini was made. Byron and Scotty were really good friends at one point and shared not only manufacturing space but ideas as Byron took Scotty under his wing in the late 80's and tutored him on the fine points of putter making and customization.

Nick it is posts like yours that show the true type of people that are connected to Cameron and that destroys any and all credibility of anything you guys post.

PS: None of the Classic series of putters from 1993 and 1994 originally came with plastic on the grip. Plastic was added after they were sold, mostly by the Japanese distributors and collectors. More than likely this putter originally was owned by a Japanese collector and then made its way to the States.

I think it might be time for you to find a new hobby/interest. You're hysterical!

I think it might be time for you to find a new hobby/interest. You're hysterical!

This is something I find so interesting. Every few months a new individual pops up who feels that it is their duty to jump in on every thread about Scotty Cameron and move the thread in a completely different direction, normally a negative direction. Inevitably the thread ends up getting closed. Honestly it is getting a little old.

If there was a request for photos of the mini, why did you have to go off on a tangent about it's value? You don't think photos of a limited production putter aren't enough for people to appreciate?

What is it with the money?

The pictures are pretty cool but I find the money aspect the most fascinating part. I mean who turns down $40k for a putter? You can own a block of houses in Detroit for that type of money. I thought foregasms post was very interesting also until he started attacking the OP. Really not necessary.

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77