2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Scotty Cameron Classic Mini

nickpoz

I definitely find this post and posts by Foregasm interesting and very informative.

I also have pictures and held in my hand 1 of the 8 Mini's.. along with some other millings Bettinardi did for Cameron.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I have been quiet is because I have been busy folding sweaters at work, haha. There is too much stuff to respond to right now and will try to do it later tonight.

I do have one thing to say to foregasim or should I say John Ronxxxxno, or JR as he is known on other forums. If you dont like Cameron stuff thats fine with me. You have your beliefs and I have mine, lets agree to disagree and leave it at that.

So, by naming John, are you giving creedance to the fact that he knows a thing or two about Camerons? Therefore, to the people that were asking him to back up his claims, aren't you giving credibility to his statements?

+1

If "foregasim" is John Rxxxolino, then he has INSTANT credibility. Very few have been as involved in the "Cameron World" as John once was, and very few had the collection of putters, grips and other accessories he had.

Kevin

Always great to hear insider information from people who were formerly involved in the "Cameron World". These type of guys are much more likely to tell the truth of what is and what has been happening over the years. The ones who are currently part of the "Cameron World" all too often have blinders on and see only one side of the story. Its much more refreshing to hear the insider information from guys who are no so bias in their views.

Of course those currently inside the "Cameron World" will say John is bitter and is purposely trying to make Cameron look bad. Its a no win situation on both sides. I am neither a Cameron following or hater, fortunately. But I love these debates regardless... :wave:

Who is John Ronxxxino?

Also, do the mini's have COA's? If so, would Scotty not authorize a COA for 3 of them just like the Honeycomb proto he claims he never saw?

I'm just not sure why Cameron would lie about the history that took place? I mean....what pissed him off that bad that he doesn't even acknowledge Bob Bettinardi's work and there partnership together?

Therefore maybe he feels that's the BS part of it - that the "history" behind some of these putters has been changed or deleted.

Kevin

WGAS! WGAF!

All we care about are the pictures anyway! :p

A TCC BOY, has to defend NICK

Hold on there, partner. You had no problem defending Nick in this thread, but when the truth that information has been removed/censored/deleted, now you don't give a F**k?

And you are right, all that was asked for was pictures. But a Cameron guy had to start talking about money and value instead of the putter itself... again. :rolleyes:

Therefore maybe he feels that's the BS part of it - that the "history" behind some of these putters has been changed or deleted.

Kevin

WGAS! WGAF!

All we care about are the pictures anyway! :p

Hold on there, partner. You had no problem defending Nick in this thread, but when the truth that information has been removed/censored/deleted, now you don't give a F**k?

And you are right, all that was asked for was pictures. But a Cameron guy had to start talking about money and value instead of the putter itself... again. :rolleyes:

I think the whole value comparison is a good topic for another thread. But since it came up. If a brand new Cameron Select CT Newport cost $2400 from let's say Distributor AOP and makes its way to site TCC for sell at $1300 how is it holding its value?

If I were going to buy a D.A.S.S. Bettinardi from let's say Distributor JC for $850 and sell it on a site for $700-$750 wouldn't the percentages be greater? I'm just asking or maybe I'm way off here.

Here’s what I know to be a fact….My Asian business partner, wire transferred $40,000.00 cash to one of our bank accounts. The seller of the mini in question (a personal friend also)wanted $45,000.00 and my partner wanted to only pay $40,000.00….The seller didn’t need to sell at 40k and the buyer wouldn’t budge end of story….To the people who state that $40,000.00 is ridicules, for people who have unlimited funds….It’s no big thing…..Bluto

ANOTHER TCC BOY...

Sorry Bluto but its not END OF STORY. The real ISSUE HERE is your boy NICKPOZ was called out and he couldn't handle it. Too bad Nick didnt call you earlier.

If a brand new Cameron Select CT Newport cost $2400 from let's say Distributor AOP and makes its way to site TCC for sell at $1300 how is it holding its value?

If I were going to buy a D.A.S.S. Bettinardi from let's say Distributor JC for $850 and sell it on a site for $700-$750 wouldn't the percentages be greater? I'm just asking or maybe I'm way off here.

Are we all in agreement on this one?

I agree

If a brand new Cameron Select CT Newport cost $2400 from let's say Distributor AOP and makes its way to site TCC for sell at $1300 how is it holding its value?

I agree.....a used cameron that has lost almost half of its value is still more valuable than a new D.A.S.S. Bettinardi :tongue: . Is this what you mean and what does this have to do with the mini?

I agree.....a used cameron that has lost almost half of its value is still more valuable than a new D.A.S.S. Bettinardi :tongue: . Is this what you mean and what does this have to do with the mini?

Since the "Cameron More Valuable" response comes up I figured I'd give my 2 cents. If you have used a cameron that lost half its value and still more valuable than a new D.A.S.S. then you've lost a S**T load of money. Not a very wise investment IMO. That is after all why Cameron Collectors by Camerons right? Because of the Value? Fact is, if I buy a new CT or new D.A.S.S. I would get a better percentage of return on my money with the D.A.S.S.

If you bought a GSS for $5K and sold it for $3k against a D.A.S.S. for $850 that is sold for $700 clearly the GSS is worth more but the percentages SUCK for you!!!

This has nothing to do with the topic...stay on topic. Good you made your point, stay with your D.A.S.S. no one cares.

Since the "Cameron More Valuable" response comes up I figured I'd give my 2 cents. If you have used a cameron that lost half its value and still more valuable than a new D.A.S.S. then you've lost a S**T load of money. Not a very wise investment IMO. That is after all why Cameron Collectors by Camerons right? Because of the Value? Fact is, if I buy a new CT or new D.A.S.S. I would get a better percentage of return on my money with the D.A.S.S.

If you bought a GSS for $5K and sold it for $3k against a D.A.S.S. for $850 that is sold for $700 clearly the GSS is worth more but the percentages SUCK for you!!!

This has nothing to do with the topic...stay on topic. Good you made your point, stay with your D.A.S.S. no one cares.

Please do so yourself. The topic came up about Cameron Values. I'm not quite sure the topic came up on personal attacks or asking "why nickpoz is being so quiet".

Please do so yourself. The topic came up about Cameron Values. I'm not quite sure the topic came up on personal attacks or asking "why nickpoz is being so quiet".

It wasnt a personal attack...I was asking why he got quiet. He didnt answer the questions, are you his boyfriend?

It wasnt a personal attack...I was asking why he got quiet. He didnt answer the questions, are you his boyfriend?

LOL! Easy bud.. You may want to watch your words. Aren't you the same guy that got suspended for calling someone a D***** Bag?

The value came up in the first post. Nick says that photos were requested, so he posts one. But that never being enough, the dollar amounts and "value" comments had to be added.

The Mini is a very interesting putter and certainly deserves discussion for what it does. Having read some comments about the 3/4, the smaller head makes for more solid contact even if you are slightly off of the sweetspot. I thought Finalist's story about the Byron was very interesting as well.

It's a shame that we have to taint the discussion of this putter with talk about money.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

The value came up in the first post. Nick says that photos were requested, so he posts one. But that never being enough, the dollar amounts and "value" comments had to be added.

The Mini is a very interesting putter and certainly deserves discussion for what it does. Having read some comments about the 3/4, the smaller head makes for more solid contact even if you are slightly off of the sweetspot. I thought Finalist's story about the Byron was very interesting as well.

It's a shame that we have to taint the discussion of this putter with talk about money.

Truer words could not have been spoken..

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

That is odd...if seems like you gave your 2 cents way before the more valuable comment.

I say that buying any putter as an investment pretty much sucks...unless of course it is a memorabilia piece (Tiger's putter, Jack's putter, calamity jane, etc.). Personally, I don't have either although I might someday be willing to pick up one of the 'used' $1300 camerons to try but I'm not going to pay $2400 for a 'collectible' that I want to use....just doesn't make sense to me....and you never know, I might even pick up a $700 betti to try as well. Then again, I might come to my senses completely and take back the $100 LUX that I gave to my dad last year, use the extra money for lessons or maybe a new computer so that I don't miss any of this.

But, back to the value part.....I also wouldn't pay $1000 for a beanie babie, an original coca-cola sign, a pre-historic shark tooth, a 'collectible' quarter, etc.....but there are a lot of people that have and will continue to do so. It is not my place to judge these people.

Sounds like a good idea....

I still can't get myself to understand this. How does the smaller head make for a more solid contact? Doesn't moving the weight farther out create a larger sweet spot or more forgiveness on slight off center hits? Seriously, I just can't get my arms around this so if you could help me out, it would be appreciated.

BTW, the photos were requested (by me). I just wanted to see a comparison of the 2 (mini and 3/4) to see how the compare in size, shape, etc. Just curious....but unless I can get a side by side pic (not a combination of 2 different pics), I guess I won't be able to do much of a comparison.

there was a Scott Cameron sent in for restoration and the Cameron employee stamped a Y after the Scott because he "thought" that is what it should have been. The owner about crapped his pants. The Custom Shop then welded in the entire name, stamped the putter Scott Cameron and re authenticated the putter;

ouch now that is a bad day at work - umm Mr. Cameron I stamped a Y for you on a putter is that OK? Dohhhhhh :)

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Call me who ever you want, that is fine with me. lol

Does it strike anyone funny that some guy in Japan or Asia wires Bluto $40,000 and a deal has not even been agreed to. It has been stated that the seller would not budge from $45,000 so why wire $40,000 to some third party and pay wire and international fees when there is not even a deal agreed to only to have to wire the money back to Japan or Asia.

Something is fishy:

1) The story is complete BS.

2) The buyer thought there was a deal and after they wired the money the seller backed out or wanted to bend the seller over a barrel for more money.

3) Or you believe that a potential buyer would wire $40,000 to a third party in hopes of enticing the seller to drop their price.

Does anyone know where I can obtain some Circle BS waders so the raising poo stays off my shoes and legs?

From what I get out of Bluto's other post....it sounds like the buyer thought a deal was in place at $40,000 (that number just amazes me....I would love to have an extra $40,000 burning a hole in my pocket but it certainly wouldn't be spent on a putter). My guess is that the buyer decided to leave the money in the account because he (or she?) thought that he could still get the putter at the price sometime in the future and it would be cheaper than either paying the add'l $5,000 or the fees to wire it back...plus, if he (or she?) is spending $40,000 on a putter, they probably won't miss it while it sits in that account.

Seems to me that the 3rd Party is trying to get a little bit of cash for himself and misquoted the two parties that matter. Its so much easier to cut out the middle man.

Does it strike anyone funny that some guy in Japan or Asia wires Bluto $40,000 and a deal has not even been agreed to. It has been stated that the seller would not budge from $45,000 so why wire $40,000 to some third party and pay wire and international fees when there is not even a deal agreed to only to have to wire the money back to Japan or Asia.

Something is fishy:

2) The buyer thought there was a deal and after they wired the money the seller backed out or wanted to bend the seller over a barrel for more money.

3) Or you believe that a potential buyer would wire $40,000 to a third party in hopes of enticing the seller to drop their price.

Does anyone know where I can obtain some Circle BS waders so the raising poo stays off my shoes and legs?

So Bluto comes in here to tell his story (whether you believe it or not is up to you) and you accuse him (I'm assuming that you mean him when talking about the 3rd party) of wanting to skim a little more off the top? Now that is classy.

Seems to me that the 3rd Party is trying to get a little bit of cash for himself and misquoted the two parties that matter. Its so much easier to cut out the middle man.

Something is fishy:

So Bluto comes in here to tell his story (whether you believe it or not is up to you) and you accuse him (I'm assuming that you mean him when talking about the 3rd party) of wanting to skim a little more off the top? Now that is classy.

Something is fishy:

Just calling it like I see it. Skimming a little off the top is pretty classy IMO. If it weren't for his greedy a** a deal would have been made! Nice going Bluto! :lol: