Scotty Cameron Classic Mini

nickpoz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know know how many Cameron minis were ever made, but from what I do know regarding Byron, Foregasim knows his stuff. Byron's DH9 is a great cast putter. The DH89 MINI that is coming is a great milled putter. Byron was also the first to produce High Beam necks (long necks). Combine the two and you have a sweet putter!

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

The problem with Cameron threads are that people are at opposite ends of the spectrum. So many believe anything and everything they may read and take it all as gospel.

There are some people that believe(with no proof) that all of Scotty's stuff is a scam and people are stupid to pay some of the money collectors pay for putters.

Then there are people like foregasim that has lots of info and rebukes something a scotty guy posted with NO ACTUAL INFO only hearsay, and people attack him. He has proven in the past to have lots of knowledge about these things. I wish I knew how he knows what he knows, some of it I believe are connections, much of it is from not believing and trying to discover the truth for himself.

I think Foregasim has proven what he was saying and I think people understand that there is value to Scotty's limited putters, but like everything else in the current economic situation collectables are plummeting in price. Not just scotty, but handmades from other manufacturers and the like. The Scotty collectors are doing everything they can to try and keep the market high for their putters, it would probably blow your mind to know how much money some people have invested in his putters and with the market for them dropping they are getting spooked.

I do not believe any of what I hear without some kind of proof, Foregasim offered it and I think some of the attackers need to back-off.

Foregasim, you haven't provided any proof to dispute what Nick has posted either. This really seems to be a case of who we are all going to believe.

Why is the burden of proof only on foregasim?

+1

I think it might be time for you to find a new hobby/interest. You're hysterical!

This is something I find so interesting. Every few months a new individual pops up who feels that it is their duty to jump in on every thread about Scotty Cameron and move the thread in a completely different direction, normally a negative direction. Inevitably the thread ends up getting closed. Honestly it is getting a little old.

People jump in on these conversations mainly because nickpoz is a scotty "boy" when the Cameron "experts" show something their knowledge gets challenged. Nickpoz is not putting up a good enough fight to defend the pictures he posted. I dont blame forgasm 1 bit for putting up a challenge. Saying it comes from Vogneys book doesnt give him enough credibility. Ive had battles with forgasm as well but I think he's right here.

How come all the Scotty experts are not coming to Nickpoz' defense here?

Good question.

I would imagine that either there are very few that have the knowledge to truly defend Nickpoz, or the "truth" is not something Cameron fans want to hear, or maybe they just don't care enough, who knows.

I for one would love to know the truth. I guess that is why I am asking Foregasim to provide more than what he has.

forgasim as always its wonderful to have you contributing to a Cameron thread. When I have time later today I will post a picture of another mini that is stamped 1 of 5. But as always you will still cry some sort of conspiracy theory.

Bob Bettinardi has said.... "Why would there only be 5 of them? 2 come out of a block, so an odd number makes no sense"

forgasim as always its wonderful to have you contributing to a Cameron thread. When I have time later today I will post a picture of another mini that is stamped 1 of 5. But as always you will still cry some sort of conspiracy theory.

Bob Bettinardi has said.... "Why would there only be 5 of them? 2 come out of a block, so an odd number makes no sense"

Then why 8, why not 6, or even 10?

Good question.

I would imagine that either there are very few that have the knowledge to truly defend Nickpoz, or the "truth" is not something Cameron fans want to hear, or maybe they just don't care enough, who knows.

I for one would love to know the truth. I guess that is why I am asking Foregasim to provide more than what he has.

I believe there are only a few guys in TCC that have solid info regarding Scotty Cameron and his work. However when it comes to these things they are no where to be found. I could careless how many were actually made, I just have a problem with someone makes a post, they do not know all the facts. That's what stirs the pot here and the wrong sides are taken.

Foregasim posted his sources already, that should be enough. Nickpoz has been awful quiet here. If he would admit he is wrong then case closed.

Then why 8, why not 6, or even 10?

I don't know or care how many there are. His point (and my point) is that there are more then 5.

Bob has one in his office.

OK, here are some sources on the number of Mini's that were made. The information is on TCC and came from Jim Butler. Is that good enough for you disbelievers? OK, now you tell me, was Nick's comment in this thread and in another thread where he claimed that only 5 were made and that the others were made by Bettinardi without Scotty's permission or knowledge true or was it BS? Maybe you all need to "demand" that Nick and the other Cameron fans provide support for the outrageous statements they make. Do you really believe that in this Cameron market, two years after the market peaked and the Mini sold for a "reported" $35,000 (which is also BS) that someone offered and a seller turned down $40,000. Yea, and only 5 were made.

Here is a quote from a TCC post and member who is good friends with Jim Butler, a picture of the post is below.

http://www.cameroncollector.com/forum/inde....html#msg625827

i know this is old but was at table rock today and got some good info on this putter, me and jim had a talk about classic putters, he told me 8 were made but only 5 were actually finished heads, rumors about some being destroyed he wasnt sure on. just bring back a great thread. mat

Here are some links to other stuff I posted about. If any of you do not believe what I said was true then post the COA reference on TCC an ask if what I said was true. I know a few members there have photos of the Scott Cameron blade that had the Y stamped on it and then the sole was welded up and it was re-stamped. The photos were from prior to it being sent in to the Cameron Studio, the COA photos of the Scotty on the sole and the current photos. The same is true for the black Scott Cameron blade that use to have A.B. on the face and now it does not.

Here is a Scott Cameron that had several additional stampings added to it along with different paint fill than it had prior to it being submitted for a restoration and COA.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=A003182#

I think this Scott Cameron original had A.B. stamped on the face, it was made for Andy Bean. The Custom Shop welded up the initials and refinished the putter.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=A005863#

This Scott Cameron is the putter that had a Y stamped on it and then it was welded up and re-stamped. I am not positive but I think the the crown on the sole was also added at that time.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=A002603#

Scott Cameron Blue Goose not listed as a handmade but stamped as a handmade.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=C000134#

An S. Cameron Twisty that was allegedly made in 1996 and first appeared as new from the Studio around 2007.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=A006487#

Does anyone else find it funny that the site he claims to be complete BS is now being used to support his claims? Not saying that it isn't true, just funny.

To be honest, you're probably both right. The picture (1/5) is probably of a putter that has 4 others like it. Did Bettinardi make 8 heads and the other 3 or somewhere else.....sounds like it. Did Nick get his info from a book that I believe is 'supported' by Scotty....I believe so which would make it legit - but could still be misleading or an outright lie. I don't know. From the little that I know, the original TCC poster is close to the butlers and probably did get this info from him. Is that info complete, misleading, a complete lie.....I don't know but by not knowing Jim Butler any better than I know Scotty Cameron - I have to believe them about equally. So 8 putters were made....Scotty used 5 of them for his 'mini'.

I think you guys are hillarious! The whole Scotty Cameron thing is like a ponzi scheme. Eventually, a computer will be hacked, and all the info will spill out. I hate to say it, but is very obvious, unless you're an ostrich and have your head buried in the sand, that Cameron's are so overvalued that it is unbelievable. Even the off the rack models, probably made in sweat shops for $10 each. Yet we drool for the next release of his Ping copy....ie. KOMBI.

The owner of the putter turned down an offer of $40,000 last year.

:bigwhack: :WTF: :censored2: :russian_roulette: :taunt: :shok: :fool:

Only things that I can think of that can describe that. $40,000 for a golf club :WTF:

Anyone who would pay $40,000 for a golf club is a f****** idiot. Anyone who turns down $40,000 for a golf club is a bigger f****** idiot.

Chris does it again...I thought my post was pretty funny, he quotes it and then blows it away!!! :clapping:

You da man Chris!

I like the mini, might have to check out a Morgan or 3/4 BB1.

The Byron will be your best bet. The 3/4 is pretty limited.

I agree. I just ordered one from Byron for my son's upcoming first birthday with some custom stampings. They really are great little putters, for kids or adults.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

OK, here are some sources on the number of Mini's that were made. The information is on TCC and came from Jim Butler. Is that good enough for you disbelievers? OK, now you tell me, was Nick's comment in this thread and in another thread where he claimed that only 5 were made and that the others were made by Bettinardi without Scotty's permission or knowledge true or was it BS? Maybe you all need to "demand" that Nick and the other Cameron fans provide support for the outrageous statements they make. Do you really believe that in this Cameron market, two years after the market peaked and the Mini sold for a "reported" $35,000 (which is also BS) that someone offered and a seller turned down $40,000. Yea, and only 5 were made.

Here is a quote from a TCC post and member who is good friends with Jim Butler, a picture of the post is below.

http://www.cameroncollector.com/forum/inde....html#msg625827

i know this is old but was at table rock today and got some good info on this putter, me and jim had a talk about classic putters, he told me 8 were made but only 5 were actually finished heads, rumors about some being destroyed he wasnt sure on. just bring back a great thread. mat

Here are some links to other stuff I posted about. If any of you do not believe what I said was true then post the COA reference on TCC an ask if what I said was true. I know a few members there have photos of the Scott Cameron blade that had the Y stamped on it and then the sole was welded up and it was re-stamped. The photos were from prior to it being sent in to the Cameron Studio, the COA photos of the Scotty on the sole and the current photos. The same is true for the black Scott Cameron blade that use to have A.B. on the face and now it does not.

Here is a Scott Cameron that had several additional stampings added to it along with different paint fill than it had prior to it being submitted for a restoration and COA.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=A003182#

I think this Scott Cameron original had A.B. stamped on the face, it was made for Andy Bean. The Custom Shop welded up the initials and refinished the putter.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=A005863#

This Scott Cameron is the putter that had a Y stamped on it and then it was welded up and re-stamped. I am not positive but I think the the crown on the sole was also added at that time.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=A002603#

Scott Cameron Blue Goose not listed as a handmade but stamped as a handmade.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=C000134#

An S. Cameron Twisty that was allegedly made in 1996 and first appeared as new from the Studio around 2007.

http://www.scottycameron.com/authenticatio...gistry=A006487#

Does anyone else find it funny that the site he claims to be complete BS is now being used to support his claims? Not saying that it isn't true, just funny.

To be honest, you're probably both right. The picture (1/5) is probably of a putter that has 4 others like it. Did Bettinardi make 8 heads and the other 3 or somewhere else.....sounds like it. Did Nick get his info from a book that I believe is 'supported' by Scotty....I believe so which would make it legit - but could still be misleading or an outright lie. I don't know. From the little that I know, the original TCC poster is close to the butlers and probably did get this info from him. Is that info complete, misleading, a complete lie.....I don't know but by not knowing Jim Butler any better than I know Scotty Cameron - I have to believe them about equally. So 8 putters were made....Scotty used 5 of them for his 'mini'.

Without speaking for foregasim (he does that quite well for himself), I think he was merely pointing out in an earlier post that much of the discussion surrounding these issues has been removed from TCC. Therefore maybe he feels that's the BS part of it - that the "history" behind some of these putters has been changed or deleted.

Kevin

Therefore maybe he feels that's the BS part of it - that the "history" behind some of these putters has been changed or deleted.

Kevin

WGAS! WGAF!

All we care about are the pictures anyway! :p

You're right...I asked for pictures so that has been done. Now, to one of the big time collectors (not the 'I only have bettinardi putters and if think something else is good then you're an idiot' people or the 'I only have cameron putters and if you think something else is good then you're an idiot' people), could you please get me a side by side pic of the 2....I can photoshop them together but that would be hard unless they were photographed from the same distance with a similar item next to them....if that makes sense.

There's always 3 sides to every story!

1. Scotty's

2. Bob's

3. The Cold Hard Truth

I agree, however...

1. Scotty avoids the issues and says things like: "maybe possible in the future."

2. Bob most likely doesn't care.

3. Will never get the truth.

I guess this is what really confuses me about this whole thing. Why does everything have to be so cryptic. If the information is out there and available to the Scotty haters, why not do something with it....or keep it to yourself. Personally (and maybe you guys are better than me), if I had such animosity for someone (like it seems some of you have for Cameron and some of his fans), I would do something about it....not take anonymous cheap shots. JMO...which is also why I have a hard time figuring out if I should believe anything on here. I mean....are the haters making stuff up to make cameron look bad - certainly makes sense especially if the split wasn't that amicable.....are the 'fanboys' making stuff up to make cameron look good - certainly makes sense to hype something that you have invested time and money in...I'll probably never know which is true. Which is why I'll stick with the brand that is currently in my bag (and working) and not even bother trying the others.....my only real source on this stuff are these forums and it just isn't worth searching through the crap for the good info.

Maybe this forum isn't the place but if anyone wants to share some of that 'secret' info, feel free to PM me. I love info.....and I CAN handle the truth.

Therefore maybe he feels that's the BS part of it - that the "history" behind some of these putters has been changed or deleted.

Kevin

WGAS! WGAF!

All we care about are the pictures anyway! :p

Hold on there, partner. You had no problem defending Nick in this thread, but when the truth that information has been removed/censored/deleted, now you don't give a F**k?

And you are right, all that was asked for was pictures. But a Cameron guy had to start talking about money and value instead of the putter itself... again. :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft