MG golf balls

gspjebgspjeb Members Posts: 169
bought a couple of dozen and tried them out
For all you fellow aspiring penny pinchers out there.....I had heard about the MG C4 tour golf balls and bought some to give a try.....at $20.00 a dozen, I had to give them a shot to see if they were really that good.

Honestly I have to say that they are pretty darn close to the Pro V1s and Tour I (s) balls that I normally play. I got great spin with the balls and the feel around the greens was excellent in my opinion. I will say that I think I may have lost 5 yards or so on drives but nothing drastic. Other downside is they are just a touch less durable than the others but still acceptable IMO.

I personally am going to make this my ball for the rest of the summer.....at 20 bucks a dozen for a urethane covered three piece ball I don't think I can go wrong. The only place you can find these things is at the MG golf website (that I have found anyway). If you like a premium tour level ball then they may surprise you.

Comments

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,900 ✭✭
    There was some talk that these were re-badged Hogan Tour Deep balls. I don't know if that point was ever resolved, however. If they are the same thing (I used to game HTD) they are very much a top quality ball. I just picked up a few of their gloves and they are the best I have ever worn, btw.
    Mizuno ST-180 @ 8.5
    Mizuno JPX 900 @ 14
    Mizuno CLK @ 18, 21
    Mizuno JPX 900HM 5-Lw
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • DannyRDannyR Members Posts: 3
    Interesting, I just played my first round with the MG C4 balls. I had much the same experience concerning durability. The balls are very easy to scuff. I had to change my ball out after 5 or 6 holes just from the scuffing. Mind you, the scuffs were from club "face" impact not thin shots or impact with cart pathes, trees, etc. The ball performed well distance wise and did have a good feel around the green. I have also played MG's 380 ball. It works very well also, but, is less responsive than the C4. On the upside, the 380 is more durable.

So, for me the jury is still out on the C4. I'll play out the dozen and see what I feel after that.
  • knealkneal Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    I found an MG C4 on the golf course this weekend

and decided to play it. I play Nike Tour or Pro V 1. This ball was great. I ordered two dozen last night. I plan on making this my ball for the remainder of the summer, though I did notice some durability issues. I didn't know if these were from the previous owner or me. I actually like the circle with the MG in it.
  • FozcycleFozcycle Members Posts: 263
    is anyone still playing the MG C4 Tour ball?
    Cobra King LTD driver @12* w/Paderson Kinetix Green IMRT shaft
    Cobra Bio Cell 3-4W - 16*
    Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid - 19*
    Cobra King F6 4-GW w/Matrix Red Tie graphite
    Bellum Winmore 707 Putter 33"
    Snell MTB & Bridgestone B330RX
  • bu11dogbu11dog Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭
    One of my buddies gave me one to try last time we played. I was very skeptical, but ended up walking away pretty impressed. The ball does show wear, but I couldn't complain about the performance. I haven't gone out and bought any, though and I kind of doubt if I will.
  • rstlnerstlne AEIOU and sometimes Y West CoastClubWRX Posts: 208 ✭✭
    One of my playing partner still plays the mg c4 tour ball and he loves it. I liked everything about the ball too except it's not yellow so I'm still gaming my stock of Srixon Z-Star and Z-star SL. I've received an email from them in regards to their new 3-piece surlyn ball for $10/dozen.

http://www.mggolf.com/bolt/?utm_source=mgblast&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Order Button&utm_content=Subscriber#401685&utm_campaign=150225 380E BOLT

Someone should buy and try it and let us know.
  • The PearlThe Pearl Members Posts: 1,958 ✭✭
    rstlne wrote:

One of my playing partner still plays the mg c4 tour ball and he loves it. I liked everything about the ball too except it's not yellow so I'm still gaming my stock of Srixon Z-Star and Z-star SL. I've received an email from them in regards to their new 3-piece surlyn ball for $10/dozen.

http://www.mggolf.co...50225 380E BOLT

Someone should buy and try it and let us know.

I ordered 4 dozen. I will review when I get a chance. 4 dozen for $45.96.

I like the red number as it breaks up their hideous logo. Based on the quality of the MG Tour, I am willing to bet, this ball will live up to expectations.
  • jml4jml4 Members Posts: 487 ✭✭
    I bought a couple dozen a while back. Initially I liked them, but since almost exclusively playing Srixon Z Stars, I definitely can tell the difference. They're good balls, especially for the price, but I jugs don't get the feel and spin from them that I get from Z Stars and B330s.
    M1 9.5* | Red Tie
    913f 15* | Diamana Blue
    Vapor Fly 20*
    z765 4-PW | Modus 120
    Engage 50* SS

Engage 54* TS
    Cally PM Grind 58*
    Golo 5

----
    Old WITB Link