Advantages of Center Shafted Putter?

2»

Comments

• KaBoom21KaBoom21 Members Posts: 1,570
    SCOTT4099 wrote:

I’m right eye dominant so does that mean I should sell my Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 putter?

Definitely.

• SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800
    Are you aiming it where you think you're aiming it?

That's the test.
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • KmacKmac Members Posts: 680 ✭✭
    DK<80 wrote:

For those of you who've been gaming a cs putter for a while....have you tried going back to a traditional heel shafted putter?

I went to PGA superstore recently to try some putters for fun and wow I couldn't hit any of them straight! Grabbed a cs off the rack and it just looked better and I rolled the putts better. Not sure if this is because the cs is right for me or if it just happened over time?

I picked up a limited SC 5MBS which is CS last year to help my putting. I read around here and online that if you putt SBST a CS putter will usually fit you well. It immediately helped my putting. Being a club ho I have tried going away from it a few times and its always a huge struggle. Saturday I played in a tournament with a Spider Tour to the tune of 40 putts. I mean I probably would have only had 39 with the CS, lol. But I do find I lose something when I go away from the CS putter. Its weird.
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    Kmac wrote:

DK<80 wrote:

For those of you who've been gaming a cs putter for a while....have you tried going back to a traditional heel shafted putter?

I went to PGA superstore recently to try some putters for fun and wow I couldn't hit any of them straight! Grabbed a cs off the rack and it just looked better and I rolled the putts better. Not sure if this is because the cs is right for me or if it just happened over time?

I picked up a limited SC 5MBS which is CS last year to help my putting. I read around here and online that if you putt SBST a CS putter will usually fit you well. It immediately helped my putting. Being a club ho I have tried going away from it a few times and its always a huge struggle. Saturday I played in a tournament with a Spider Tour to the tune of 40 putts. I mean I probably would have only had 39 with the CS, lol. But I do find I lose something when I go away from the CS putter. Its weird.

i have to say - this man has owned so many different putter types, brands, styles, etc...if he says the CS putter was a better fit for him, i believe it.

2017 Tour Issue M1 460 / 9.2* / Rogue 130 Silver 70TX tipped 1"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    SC Kombi-s / 35.5"

• DK<80DK<80 Members Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Kmac wrote:

DK<80 wrote:

Relieved to hear I'm not the only one. Sorry to hear about your 40 putts! I owned a Spider Tour for a brief stint while I was transitioning into the CS and it was the sweetest looking yet worst performing putter for me ever. I know there are great reviews about it but for a more SBST stroke, it felt like a heavy swinging door. One that ALWAYS opened and closed! Does put a nice tight roll on the ball though.

I am not in love with my Cleveland HB #6c. But I am afraid I will have to commit to it until I can afford a CS that I really want. I have seen some sweet Bettinardi CS putters, saving up for one...
    TaylorMade SLDR 430 12°
    Titleist 917F2 15°
    TaylorMade r9 19°
    Cleveland Classic 4h 23°
    Titleist 712 AP2 (5-PW)
    Cleveland 588 RTG (54°, 60°, 64°)
    Nike Method Core MC-4iX
    gioguy21 wrote:

Kmac wrote:

DK<80 wrote:

i have to say - this man has owned so many different putter types, brands, styles, etc...if he says the CS putter was a better fit for him, i believe it.

haha I think I've had a different putter each time we have played every time we have played
    DK<80 wrote:

Kmac wrote:

DK<80 wrote:

Relieved to hear I'm not the only one. Sorry to hear about your 40 putts! I owned a Spider Tour for a brief stint while I was transitioning into the CS and it was the sweetest looking yet worst performing putter for me ever. I know there are great reviews about it but for a more SBST stroke, it felt like a heavy swinging door. One that ALWAYS opened and closed! Does put a nice tight roll on the ball though.

I am not in love with my Cleveland HB #6c. But I am afraid I will have to commit to it until I can afford a CS that I really want. I have seen some sweet Bettinardi CS putters, saving up for one...

Biggest issue with the Spider for me is distance control and the feel or lack of feel.

Also, I have to love my putter and love how it looks or I stray very easily. The Scotty was stupid expensive but its badass looking.
  • matchavezmatchavez Members Posts: 4,077 ✭✭
    To resurrect this thread...

I'm still not sure what the benefit of the centre shaft is. I use one, and I have other putters. Since other posts here have talked about left-eye dominance and offset, I was wondering if anyone could say how either is connected to the advantage. Is it placement?
  • dommerdommer Banned Posts: 101
    I tend to like using center shafted putters without forward press. The Seemore works great for me because I can cover the red dot. Probably the only CS putters I would use.
    Driver: Taylormade M4 7* / EvenFlow Black 65 6.0
    Fairway: Callaway Epic 14* / Nippon 950 FW X
    3 Iron: Callaway X-Forged UT 21* / Constant CPM
    5-PW: Mizuno MP18 / Constant CPM
    48, 54: Wilson FG Tour PMP / Constant CPM
    60, 66: Callaway MD PM / Constant CPM
    Putter: Swag Handsome One "Tour Proto"
    Ball: TP5X
  • matchavezmatchavez Members Posts: 4,077 ✭✭
    So the elimination of a forward press? I guess it depends on the loft anyhow...
  • FlyOverFlyOver Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    I’ve also been using a center shaft putter recently with success and I’m right eye dominant, but I also don’t putt with a forward press.
    Taylormade M6 9.0 loft-GD AD IZ 7S shaft
    Taylormade M5 Rocket 3W-Tensei Orange X-stiff shaft
    Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
    Honma TW 747v forged 4-10 irons-Modus 105 stiff shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 58* C Grind
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport modified center shaft putter
    Titleist yellow AVX ball or yellow ProV1X 
  • GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members Posts: 653 ✭✭
    My son is scratch, he uses a TM original Spider SC putter, all his friends have the latest and greatest, Scottys, Bettiʻs

, etc. He takes a lot of their money iʻve noticed.
2»