Bandon as a single - no accomodations

DrSchteeveDrSchteeve Scottsdale, AZMembers Posts: 3,445 ✭✭
In my naivete, I thought staying and playing at Bandon as a single wouldn't be a problem, even on short notice. Turns out I was wrong. Wanted to go Oct 11-14, stay in single accommodations, play one round a day. The golf is apparently not a problem, but the accommodations are. Especially only playing one round a day, I was looking forward to just hanging out, maybe playing the short courses, chipping and putting, etc. Haven't checked alternative places to stay, but probably will just try to do it another time with more notice.
Honma TW737 460 10.5* Vizard Type Z 50 regular
Honma TW737c 15*  Vizard Type Z 50 regular
Cobra F9 2 hybrids 17*, 21*, 24* Atmos regular
Titleist 818 H1 27* set to 28* upright 1* Red Tie HQ3
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Bridgestone E12

Comments

• dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,941 mod
    September / October are definitely their peak season.

Sort of surprised there wasnt one room available but again - peak season. I imagine a lot of those rooms were booked a year ahead of time.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / PXG Gen1 2i - Accra 90i
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / Chromesoft Truvis
  • duffer987duffer987 Grey doesn't equal Ignore Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,223 ✭✭
    With all of the single rooms they have (instead of having loads of twin rooms) they can actually be pretty difficult to get a hold of for consecutive nights.

Bandon Inn, in town worked a charm for me last Feb, and the price worked out the same per day - as the few less $$$ night in the room, was offset by the extra $$$ for off-property green fees.

Of course that is winter rates for both, not sure how the Oct pricing would pan out.
  • DrSchteeveDrSchteeve Scottsdale, AZMembers Posts: 3,445 ✭✭
    So trip is tentatively back on, since I can stay at the Bandon Inn, which gets pretty good reviews (and the Dunes actually gets some questionable reviews for accommodations) for only $109 a night. So I'll call and find out what tee times I can get..
    TM Spider Tour Day
    OUUL stand bag
  • DrSchteeveDrSchteeve Scottsdale, AZMembers Posts: 3,445 ✭✭
    Trip confirmed: Bandon Dunes Monday, the Preserve and then Pacific Dunes Tuesday, Trails Wednesday. Caddies every day. Staying at Bandon Inn. Only question is whether my bad foot will hold out...
    TM Spider Tour Day
    OUUL stand bag
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,780 ✭✭
    With a bad foot a caddie is must. I would recommend using some VERY comfortable shoes, maybe not golf shoes depending on what you wear of course.

Bring two pair on the double up day change shoes and socks between rounds. Give yourself a bit of time between rounds also let your feet breath so to speak. I have a small heel spur, normally does not bother on 18 holes but on double round days walking it can ache bad towards the middle of the second round. I have two pairs of ECCO's and swap out between rounds but also try and have 1-2 break to eat/relax between rounds.
  • duffer987duffer987 Grey doesn't equal Ignore Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 9,223 ✭✭
    edited Sep 29, 2015 #7
    Fantastic Dr image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'd highly recommend starting your day at the Bandon Coffee Cafe, they are open at 6:00 and serve a good coffee and will throw whatever you want on a bagel. I'd have my bagel and finish my coffee on the short drive to the practice range before teeing off. We've got 58 days to go before our next trip!

The Bandon Inn has complimentary cookies as well.
  • spud3spud3 Portland, ORMembers Posts: 1,622 ✭✭
    Don't forget a trip report! I've got four months and a couple weeks 'til mine, and we're getting into the Vicarious Bandon Season.

I especially like reading solo trip reports, as that's how I usually go, and I'm very keen on others' impressions as soloists.
    "take that, you miserable little white swine!"
  • cbbaroncbbaron Members Posts: 1,035 ✭✭
    Envy you DR was going to do the same trip solo Oct 11-15 but then my wife was able to get time off which would make trip very expensive so opted for Myrtle Beach instead. As I remember a couple of months ago those were some of the only dates that Dunes singles were available.
    Driver Ping G400 Max Hzrdas Yellow
    3w Titleist 915 Aldila Silver
    19 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    22 degree Titleist 818 Tensei White
    5- GW. Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Series Nippon Modus 120
    Sw Vokey 54 SM7 S grind
    LW Vokey 58 SM5 S grind
    Putter Scotty Cameron Newport Select Fastback 2
  • mallratmallrat Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭
    End your day by walking down the back stairs at the Bandon Inn and over to The Arcade. It's a local bar in town owned by a couple caddies. Meet some caddies and here some great stories.