NFL 2018-19 season discussion...

touch

Looks like the Cardinals are the new Browns. Ooof! Arians and Palmer knew when to bow out. I wish Fitz didn't have to go through this.

Speaking of the Browns... If only Dan Carlson played for the Saints, then the Browns would be 0-0-2.

What's the record for most ties in a season and consecutive weeks with a tie? Yeah, it's a little early, but when Ryan Fitzpatrick is the hottest QB in the NFL you never know...

New England picked up and a guy with drug and behavioral problems who's played in only 11 games over the past 5 years, and now they will be unstoppable. :WTF:

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the Cardinals. They are horrible. They have also yet to score a meaningful TD in the first 2 games, their only score coming in garbage time TD. They did not even cross the 50 against the Rams until 90 seconds left in the game. The best part is the local media and fans took the preseason 3-1 record bait. So many folks around here predicting a 10+ win season :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I thought the Cards and Seahawks would be battling it out for 3rd and 4th in the division, but even though they are both 0-2 I just dont see how the Hawks finish worse than the Cards, unless RW finally gets killed behind that horrendous O line

Im not super impressed with the my favorite team the Niners at this point either. Still think 8 maybe 9 wins is a pretty realistic best case scenario this season.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

The Shriner’s Circus leaves town and in comes Antonio & the ?s

I’ve been chirpin this for the last 4-5 seasons and that is that Tomlin’s teams the last 4-5 years have lacked two critical ingredients that EVERY Champion possesses...

~ Discipline

~ Focus

The circus on the field and sidelines carried over to the week when Browny took the heat and responded to a former low low low level administrative hack(he wasn’t even a coach?) who chirped that Browny would be nothin without Ben, lol

He has the discipline and impulse control of a 6-8yo

No seriously

They let the worst team in the league look competitive and a newb look like a HoFer??

Oh dear Lord, this is gonna be a hell of a season for the black ‘n gold??

Have a great week Gents?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Looks like the Cardinals are the new Browns. Ooof! Arians and Palmer knew when to bow out. I wish Fitz didn't have to go through this.

Speaking of the Browns... If only Dan Carlson played for the Saints, then the Browns would be 0-0-2.

What's the record for most ties in a season and consecutive weeks with a tie? Yeah, it's a little early, but when Ryan Fitzpatrick is the hottest QB in the NFL you never know...

New England picked up and a guy with drug and behavioral problems who's played in only 11 games over the past 5 years, and now they will be unstoppable. :WTF:

I agree the Patriots are notorious for taking very talented troubled players and making them play into their system or goodbye forever.

Corey Dillon, R Moss, L Blount, the list is long and mostly bares fruit to help them into another championship game.

Belichick has a system that has worked for years and never deviates. He was analytics before analytics were so in vogue.

People like Mike Tomlin, Jon Gruden Jay Gruden, the crappy coordinator with Seattle Schottenheimer are the more old school run on first down and pass on 2nd and 10, Predictable!

Tomlin is not so much that way but I wonder about some of his coaching methods and playcalling in crucial situations.

Analytics is not to be dismissed so easily.

The Eagles used it and the team with arguably the most talented Qb in the league, Aaron Rodgers, seems to want to call plays from the sidelines still. I don't get it. Mike McCarthy, Tomlin, the Grudens, just seem to underwhelm with the talent they have. Well in the case of the Redskins it is a failure of the front office on down.

I think the Browns need to win this week against the Jets or Hue is going to start feeling it. The Mayfield era might come sooner rather than later.

Re the Cardinals. They are horrible. They have also yet to score a meaningful TD in the first 2 games, their only score coming in garbage time TD. They did not even cross the 50 against the Rams until 90 seconds left in the game. The best part is the local media and fans took the preseason 3-1 record bait. So many folks around here predicting a 10+ win season :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I thought the Cards and Seahawks would be battling it out for 3rd and 4th in the division, but even though they are both 0-2 I just dont see how the Hawks finish worse than the Cards, unless RW finally gets killed behind that horrendous O line

Im not super impressed with the my favorite team the Niners at this point either. Still think 8 maybe 9 wins is a pretty realistic best case scenario this season.

Losing their new running back hurt.

But Jimmy G needs to play a little more disciplined per Shanny's way, and they get their stud linebacker back soon???

I agree the Patriots are notorious for taking very talented troubled players and making them play into their system or goodbye forever.

I think this is the biggest misconception with Belichick and the Patriots. Other coaches try to change the player to fit their system. Belichick (and McDaniels) will change their ‘system’ to fit Gordons skill set. This is why the Patriots have success with talented players that might not have been a good fit with other teams. Gordon might be a superstar or off the roster by next year but they will put him in a better position to excel than any other team would. This is why some people are so excited about the trade.

I think if the patriots can get Gordon to give an effort this can be the start of something very special. He has talent that the Patriots haven’t had at WR in a long time!

I just want to reiterate how much I despise the Raiders for giving Mack to the bears. A-Rod is really going to be running for his life once Mack is in shape and familiar with the system for their second matchup.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

I just want to reiterate how much I despise the Raiders for giving Mack to the bears. A-Rod is really going to be running for his life once Mack is in shape and familiar with the system for their second matchup.

He's done pretty well for "not being in shape or familiar with the system."

That is exactly why it is a terrifying prospect. He may very well have a 30 sack season eventually. Props to Gruden for stating that pass rushers "are hard to find."

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

He's done pretty well for "not being in shape or familiar with the system."

That is exactly why it is a terrifying prospect. He may very well have a 30 sack season eventually. Props to Gruden for stating that pass rushers "are hard to find."

It's amazing how many times Gruden has stuck his foot in his mouth about needing to get more pressure and pass rushers are hard to find, etc. Like he's just doing it to piss everyone off at this point.

And the Baker Mayfield era begins in Cleveland. Looking good so far

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

I don't care what the experts say. Taylor is 1/8 for 2 f-ing yards. Get Mayfield in there, spark the offense, and win this damn game.

You are correct. :superman:

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

42202097_2133827813330562_4760127565715210240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=a01a132d4afbf45078dd4e1726978b1c&oe=5C186F33

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Besides this, TEN beats JAX, DET beats NE. WAS beats GB. BUF destroys MIN.

What is going on with this season?

As a born and raised Kansas City native, I'm obviously pumped about the Mahomes era. Now reports out of us wanting to trade for Earl Thomas. As horrible as our D has looked, we need him. Makes me nervous if Berry is never coming back or if they're just looking to replace Murray who's been abysmal. They still seem to be lost on a lot of plays, but we've got some decent talent. I think it will come around a little. Get Thomas and/or Berry and we'll be considerably better. Fingers crossed.

The JAX and NE losses make me feel a lot better about our upcoming schedule. Once we get past those games, it's smoother sailing for the rest of the season. Maybe we'll finally win a home playoff game!!!

Which upset was bigger - Bills over Minnesota or Old Dominion over VA Tech?

Given the wins by Mayfield and Allen, it's obvious that any struggling NFL team simply needs a rookie QB. Arizona tried, but maybe they need to start Rosen next week. Of course we'll see if the rookie QB effect lasts beyond one win - the Jets and Darnold looked pretty dynamic in Week 1, but returned to form afterward.

Way too early Super Bowl prediction: Chiefs vs Rams

I’m convinced that the football gods are punishing me because Atlanta scheduled Maroon 5 for the halftime act and not a single Atlanta artist. Lost yet another defender yesterday and this one could be the critical one with Rico being done with a torn achilles. There was a visible state of confusion on defense after he went out. Eric Reid is still available and I hope they at least make a phone call. At this point I’m curious if we’ll be able to finish the season with a full roster

Which upset was bigger - Bills over Minnesota or Old Dominion over VA Tech?

Given the wins by Mayfield and Allen, it's obvious that any struggling NFL team simply needs a rookie QB. Arizona tried, but maybe they need to start Rosen next week. Of course we'll see if the rookie QB effect lasts beyond one win - the Jets and Darnold looked pretty dynamic in Week 1, but returned to form afterward.

Way too early Super Bowl prediction: Chiefs vs Rams

ODU greater upset I say Crab.

30+ dog wins outright against a ranked team.

Little brother syndrome in the Commonwealth of Virginia to the Huge Hokie- Roanoke Rowdies to boot!

DnvDQN8UUAAf70V.jpg

42450712_2138418916204785_7779403306090102784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=cc1ef38f250c4e175c4b86c0481acd55&oe=5C1A6DF6

I am with Clay Matthews, the officials and rules regarding the QB are out of control. There's no way to tackle a QB given the constraints today (can't hit above shoulder or below waist) without wrapping him up and landing on him. Every game I watched this weekend had a roughing the QB penalty thrown on what would be considered a text book tackle. It seems the NFL wants to emphasize the passing game which has made running backs an afterthought unless they can catch passes. If this is the direction football is headed, I'll have a lot more free time on Sundays.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I am with Clay Matthews, the officials and rules regarding the QB are out of control. There's no way to tackle a QB given the constraints today (can't hit above shoulder or below waist) without wrapping him up and landing on him. Every game I watched this weekend had a roughing the QB penalty thrown on what would be considered a text book tackle. It seems the NFL wants to emphasize the passing game which has made running backs an afterthought unless they can catch passes. If this is the direction football is headed, I'll have a lot more free time on Sundays.

I agree with Clay and this post. How on God's green earth would they like these guys to tackle? Mine as well have that old touch football rule where you had to wait 3-5 seconds before you could start running at the quarter back. Is that next? I get that these are the guys that bring the most $$ to the NFL, however, they are still on the field, as a player. Don't want to get hit? Sit your Word not allowed on the sideline. I agree that they needed to crack down on the helmet to helmet but the whole tackling and not being able to put body weight on the QB still blows my mind. These guys make how many millions a year and they know that one of the things they will have to deal with as a professional football player is being tackled. I watched a few games on Sunday, watched Thursday and Monday's game, and saw a number of flags for roughing the passer. Most from what I saw were not helmet to helmet and were good old fashion football tackling. There was a play last night in the Steelers/Bucs game where JPP was rushing Big Ben, pushed the offensive lineman into Ben and tried to throw his arm up to swat the ball. His arm barely grazed Ben's hemlet and he was flagged....Ive seen touchdown celebrations where they hit each other in the helmet harder!! I mean are these guys just suppossed to stand at the line of scrimmage and cheer on the rest of the defense?

I agree with Clay and this post. How on God's green earth would they like these guys to tackle? Mine as well have that old touch football rule where you had to wait 3-5 seconds before you could start running at the quarter back. Is that next? I get that these are the guys that bring the most $$ to the NFL, however, they are still on the field, as a player. Don't want to get hit? Sit your Word not allowed on the sideline. I agree that they needed to crack down on the helmet to helmet but the whole tackling and not being able to put body weight on the QB still blows my mind. These guys make how many millions a year and they know that one of the things they will have to deal with as a professional football player is being tackled. I watched a few games on Sunday, watched Thursday and Monday's game, and saw a number of flags for roughing the passer. Most from what I saw were not helmet to helmet and were good old fashion football tackling. There was a play last night in the Steelers/Bucs game where JPP was rushing Big Ben, pushed the offensive lineman into Ben and tried to throw his arm up to swat the ball. His arm barely grazed Ben's hemlet and he was flagged....Ive seen touchdown celebrations where they hit each other in the helmet harder!! I mean are these guys just suppossed to stand at the line of scrimmage and cheer on the rest of the defense?

Exactly, I played football in HS and few years in college. We ran drills on tacking dummies, you wrapped your arms around it, lifted and drove forward, that was how we were taught to tackle. Combine that with the fact you have to hit the QB between the chest and thighs to not get flagged there's virtually no way you can tackle with this method without landing on the QB. Dolphins William Hayes tore his ACL this weekend because he used this tacking method but tried to contort his body to avoid landing on the QB with his weight and his foot got caught in the ground.

Make QB's wear heavier pads and force teams to keep an extra blocker in if they are concerned about their QB getting hit. Offenses are playing more empty backfields because they know defenses are scared to hit the QB. Before the west coast offense became popular, teams had 2-3 receivers go out for a pass while the fullback, running back and TE protected the QB, most kids don't even know what a fullback is anymore.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

NFL had conference call about the double the sack penalties called this year as opposed to last. Saying refs taking the calls to far. Well ya think. So hopefully there will be movement on this and not just talk.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

42465680_2140888132624530_3531291010913009664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=076ba9a0f7e520cdc1a8bbb764ddb6cc&oe=5C23A64F