Ring vs ADT doorbell camera

jrsharp21 ·  
jrsharp21jrsharp21 Members  1652WRX Points: 114Posts: 1,652 Platinum Tees
We are looking at installing a doorbell camera on our house. We were originally going to go buy a Ring, but I have read online that Ring sometimes has issues with Xfinity wifi. We currently have ADT as our monitoring company. They do have a doorbell camera solution. Anyone else ever looked into these two? Any feedback on either doorbell camera?
Posted:

Comments

• HabrownleeHabrownlee Habrownlee Members  84WRX Points: 32Handicap: 19Posts: 84 Fairways
    I just had an estimate for an 8 camera system for our property. Price was about 1200 and included re installing my existing alarm with a siren I don’t want monitoring we can get 1080 p night and day pictures for that. Our property backs up to a cliff with a water facility that you can’t see at base Anyone coming in can’t come from that direction.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tocinotocino Members  2388WRX Points: 150Posts: 2,388 Platinum Tees
    I’ve had xfinity and the ring going for over a year now with no problems so far. My gateway is maybe 25-30 feet away without any additional walls in the way.
    Posted:
  • N8dogg2669N8dogg2669 ClubWRX  146WRX Points: 54Handicap: 5.8Posts: 146 Fairways
    I have ring and xfinity and zero issues at all. I run the wifi through the Google Home Wifi. Not a single issue.
    Posted:
  • ronnbeeronnbee Members  1141WRX Points: 105Posts: 1,141 Platinum Tees

heard Ring pretty good

Posted:
  • PappyVanWinkle53PappyVanWinkle53 Members  498WRX Points: 243Handicap: 2.9Posts: 498 Greens

Ring works pretty well if you have a good wifi signal. A nice feature is that the device can connect directly into an existing doorbell power supply, so it'll never need to be charged. If you don't have an existing doorbell, they make battery-powered devices that you'll need to recharge every couple weeks.....in that case, recommend getting a second battery so you always have one fully charged.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Oban Devotion 7 X
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB
    Titleist T200, Aerotech SteelFiber i110 Taper
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  940WRX Points: 340Handicap: 12Posts: 940 ClubWRX

I've got a Ring... it works well and install was a breeze... just used my existing doorbell power supply... I don't have the strongest WiFi connection, but it still works flawlessly

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members  919WRX Points: 234Handicap: 8.6Posts: 919 Golden Tee

Big fan of Arlo. They are a division of Netgear.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/default.aspx

Posted:
  • MychMych Members  2208WRX Points: 410Posts: 2,208 Platinum Tees

I just got a Ring Pro. I stalled forever trying to decide which ecosystem to go with, Ring/Alexa/Amazon, Nest/Google, Arlo, etc.
    I'm not fully sold on the Ring system but so far the doorbell is working well connected to my 5ghz on xfiniti internet (own my modem/router).

Posted:
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    WITB: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5 ~ Ping Anser 4w ~ Ping G30 3h ~ Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Cobra King Forged One 4-P ~ Cobra King 50-V, 56-WL ~ Evnroll ER3
  • rickdarris2004rickdarris2004 FargoMembers  20WRX Points: 36Handicap: 11Posts: 20 Bunkers

I have a Ring Pro Doorbell, 2 Spotlight Cams, and 2 Stick up cams, along with the full Ring Security System. I have never had an issue with Ring, and at $100 a year its as cheap as it gets for monitored service!

Posted:

Callaway Rogue SZ 9
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Apex 19 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MPH4 4-PW
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58
    Scotty Futura 7M

• swoosh21swoosh21 Members  1048WRX Points: 156Posts: 1,048 Platinum Tees

I use Ring products. $100 a year for unlimited storage and security monitoring. You can't beat that price.

Ring stick up cams, flood light cams, security system and doorbell cam.

Posted:
    TM M5 9.0 Driver
    TM M5 3W
    TM 770 6-PW
    TM 790 3-5
    Titleist SM7 50, 54, 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport First 500

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.