Strangest Thing Found On The Course

[quote name='thatboygaule' timestamp='1393283566' post='8737312']
[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1393114773' post='8724570']
[quote name='thatboygaule' timestamp='1393106406' post='8723744']
Also , I found a rolex, think it was an oyster perpetual ( I know right.), I'm pretty sure it was legit as I was playing a good course. I didn't tell my playing partners as I didn't want them to know about it . Anyway when i came in i examined it closer and found it said "Happy Birthday" on the back . I decided to hand it in but i left my name and number to the office in case the person returned . I got a call the next day saying that an envelope was left for me in the office . I called there the next weekend and when I opened the envelope it was a letter and a 100 euro note thanking me for handing it in. I felt so good and honestly, it wouldn't have felt right to sell it
[/quote]

That is such an awesome story and you, Sir, have immeasurable integrity. I would LOVE to hear the story of how in the world the guy lost/left it. And even better would be their side of things in how it felt to get it back.

Well done!
[/quote]

Well in the letter he said he had gotten it from his late wife for his 70th birthday and that his dream was to own a Rolex one day . He said he thinks he lost it when he went to take food out of his bag and that it was the putting his bag in the car that he noticed it was missing.He went to the pro and told him about it and said it was unlikely he would get it back. He left me his number in his letter and told me to ring him so we could meet up for a round some time but I have still to ring him . Perhaps I should but I'm happy the way things are. I don't want to take anything more from him

Like I could have sold the watch for 5-10 k fairly easily , but knowing this story and how I would have felt selling that putter really make see that there is a lot more to life than money
[/quote]

Humanity restored, cheers!

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing in a scramble with 3 friends and found an opossum laying about 18 inches from a tree. Figured that there was no way it would play dead when there was a tree so close that it could just run up. Decided I'd grab the dead opossum by the tail and fling it at the guy riding with me. As soon as I grabbed the tail he jumped up and hissed at me. I ran squealing like a girl. Still catch crap about that one.

Another time I hit my tee shot in a ditch running across the fairway. Pulled up and saw my ball in the mud on the bank. Climbed down the bank and just as I reach the ball my boss started yelling "GATOR GATOR". I looked up and saw two 8-10 foot gators no more that 10 feet away. I picked up my ball and slowly walked out. Boss calls me gator every time we play together.

I was much more afraid of the opossum than the gators.

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1393261045' post='8734778']
[quote name='resnor' timestamp='1393211530' post='8731954']
If I ever find a nice a club, I will give my name and number to the pro shop, and keep the club. If sometime calls I'll return it, if they can identify it. If no one claims it, it's mine. LOL. Like someone else said, pro shop workers will take unclaimed clubs.

I lost an old Anser putter two seasons ago...pretty sure the douchebag twosome behind me took it, but couldn't prove it...although I used it to putt out on 8, and it was gone when I teed off on 9. Also lost the PW to my Titleist Model 100 set when I first started playing.
[/quote]

How do you lose a putter when you putted out with it??? Did you need to stop and take a rest between the green and the cart? it never should have left your hand...

The only way i can see leaving a putter behind if if you put it down to chip and you chip in and in the excitement never go back and pick up the putter from where you chipped from
[/quote]

More importantly, how do you not realize it the next green?

Did the guy just hole out from every fairway the rest of the round?

[quote name='llamont' timestamp='1393283500' post='8737304']
[quote name='FutureOfTheTour' timestamp='1393183480' post='8728746']
Question how is a club in a trash can considered a "lost club" I have never given my putter to the trash can to hold for me while I tee'd off!!! That sir is fair game!! And for all you good hearted people that turn clubs and other things into the club house because no one is around you, The workers will take the clubs if they stay there for more then a week!! That is most course's policy!!!
[/quote]

What course did you play/work at where the "1 week" rule was policy? I never heard that rule before and years ago I worked in the pro shop of a course where clubs were turned in often.
[/quote]

Worked at a course called hedingham in knightdale, nc for a while, johnson county cc in smithfield and a couple different places in myrtle

Cobra Long Tom 8*, 45", Grafalloy black bird, tipped 3"
Titleist 906f2 13*, Fubuki Fuel Tour Spec X
Taylormade RAC TP MB 2iron w/ Project X 7.0
Taylormade RAC TP MB 3-PW w/ KBS CTaper X
Cleveland 52* Project X 7.0
Nike vr forged 58* heel grind Project X 7.0

[quote name='FutureOfTheTour' timestamp='1393322839' post='8740220']
[quote name='llamont' timestamp='1393283500' post='8737304']
[quote name='FutureOfTheTour' timestamp='1393183480' post='8728746']
Question how is a club in a trash can considered a "lost club" I have never given my putter to the trash can to hold for me while I tee'd off!!! That sir is fair game!! And for all you good hearted people that turn clubs and other things into the club house because no one is around you, The workers will take the clubs if they stay there for more then a week!! That is most course's policy!!!
[/quote]

What course did you play/work at where the "1 week" rule was policy? I never heard that rule before and years ago I worked in the pro shop of a course where clubs were turned in often.
[/quote]

Worked at a course called hedingham in knightdale, nc for a while, johnson county cc in smithfield and a couple different places in myrtle
[/quote]

So it's safe to assume that if you forget something at either of those courses, then the staff will claim their findings (other peoples goods) as there own???? No bueno.

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

I've worked Golf Course Maintenance for 10 years now, and I can't even begin to explain the amount of stuff I've found on the course. The usual suspects (Clubs, Towels, bags, etc.), Cars/Trucks in bunkers, weapons, golf carts in lakes. . . the list goes on and on. Coolest to date about an 8' Canebrake Rattlesnake skin on a green (very rare in SE Virginia). Used the flagstick to help shed it.

Titleist 917D3 9.5* Diamana LTD White 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana D+ 80S
Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron ProjectX 6.5
Titleist 716CB 4-7 ProjectX 6.5
Titleist 716MB 8-9 ProjectX 6.5
SM6 46 ProjectX 6.5
SM5 50F ProjectX 6.0
SM6 54M, 58M ProjectX 6.0
Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/997741-lefty-2014-witb-all-titleist-with-a-sldr-lol/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='TeeJ12' timestamp='1393375106' post='8745254']
I've worked Golf Course Maintenance for 10 years now, and I can't even begin to explain the amount of stuff I've found on the course. The usual suspects (Clubs, Towels, bags, etc.), Cars/Trucks in bunkers, weapons, golf carts in lakes. . . the list goes on and on. Coolest to date about an 8' Canebrake Rattlesnake skin on a green (very rare in SE Virginia). Used the flagstick to help shed it.
[/quote]

Wow!

Unless I am mistaken the Canebrake is one of the more deadly of the Rattlers in North America as well as one of the more aggressive.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1393376139' post='8745388']
[quote name='TeeJ12' timestamp='1393375106' post='8745254']
[/quote]

Wow!

Unless I am mistaken the Canebrake is one of the more deadly of the Rattlers in North America as well as one of the more aggressive.
[/quote]

Couldn't tell you. The club has been around 26 years and only 4 have been spotted but all were diamondbacks.

Titleist 917D3 9.5* Diamana LTD White 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana D+ 80S
Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron ProjectX 6.5
Titleist 716CB 4-7 ProjectX 6.5
Titleist 716MB 8-9 ProjectX 6.5
SM6 46 ProjectX 6.5
SM5 50F ProjectX 6.0
SM6 54M, 58M ProjectX 6.0
Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/997741-lefty-2014-witb-all-titleist-with-a-sldr-lol/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='sharkiesj' timestamp='1393107569' post='8723858']
[quote name='llamont' timestamp='1393094565' post='8722832']
I worked in the pro shop of a golf course for 5 years (high school through college) and I found numerous clubs while playing. Most of the clubs weren't anything special but there were a handful of Cleveland wedges. Never kept them though. Just stowed them away in the lost and found and sometimes the clubs were claimed and other times...well, not so much.

Then there was that time when a dead body was found along the railroad tracks of the 16th hole. But I wasn't working that day. Creepy...

[quote]
[color=#282828]I've posted this a few times but I'll add it again.[/color]

[color=#282828]Was first off at Talega GC down in San Clemente, CA with my brother about 10 years ago. We get to the 7th hole, a downhill par 3 and as we pull up to the tee box, I see a shaft with a putter grip sticking out of the trash can near the Par Aide ball washer. As I walk closer I see its a Scotty Cameron grip, I assume the shaft is snapped the head is gone, the guy went ballistic and trashed it. I pull it out of the trash can and the shaft is not snapped or bent, it's perfectly straight and the Newport 2 teryllium head is gorgeous, with just minor unnoticeable scratches on the bottom sole. Looked around and could not process what to do for about 10 seconds. Put it in my bag and proceeded to dump my tee shot in the water. [/color]

[color=#282828]My brother was oblivious to what was going on and had already hit his ball on the green. We get back in the cart and drive down to the green where I take my drop and pitch on to about 8 feet. I whip out the SC and as I'm putting my brother says, wait, wtf, what the h is that!? Where did you get that? I said I found it in the trash can over there while you were teeing off. I miss my putt and he says, you better leave it where you found it cuz it don't work for you either...[/color]

[color=#282828]Anyways, long story short I kept it and justified it by telling myself someone didn't want it and it was in the trash can. Kept it for a couple years then sold it because I never used it and always felt a slight tinge of guilt and uncleanliness about it. Maybe if I made that putt I would have felt better karma about it but I don't want any bad karma following me around on the links...[/color]
[color=#282828][/quote][/color]

So you justify keeping it b/c you found it in a trashcan on the golf course (to make you feel better) but you turn around and sell it because you felt guilty and didn't want bad karma??? Lol. That's a stretch that I don't get. Replace the putter with someone's wallet/cash... Would you keep the contents of the wallet for the same reason?
[/quote]

Thanks for making it clear you don't get it.
[/quote]

Big difference between finding it left on the green and stuck in the trash. On the green or elsewhere on the course is likely an accident and in the trash shows the previous owner intended to discard it and purposefully put it in the trash (you don't casually leave something in the trash, especially when its a putter and the trash is on the tee). Even if the previous owner decides three holes later he wants it back, too bad if it's already gone, he was a dumba** and discarded it. I say its fair game.

Club left ANYWHERE else on the course, I say you are morally obligated to return it. In the trash = abandoned.

[quote name='sigmapete1' timestamp='1393439308' post='8750614']
Big difference between finding it left on the green and stuck in the trash. On the green or elsewhere on the course is likely an accident and [b]in the trash shows the previous owner intended to discard it[/b] and purposefully put it in the trash (you don't casually leave something in the trash, especially when its a putter and the trash is on the tee). Even if the previous owner decides three holes later he wants it back, too bad if it's already gone, he was a dumba** and discarded it. I say its fair game.

Club left ANYWHERE else on the course, I say you are morally obligated to return it. [b]In the trash[/b] = abandoned.
[/quote]

Except for the guy who replied to this thread who said it was SOP at his course to put found clubs head side up in the trash cans so it was easier for the owners to find them when searching... I know its crazy but that is what someone actually said in this thread...

I've found 2 perfectly rolled joints in a cart in Ohio once. In Cali I found a pretty ornate crack pipe near hole along a dead end alley.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1393439780' post='8750678']
[quote name='sigmapete1' timestamp='1393439308' post='8750614']
Big difference between finding it left on the green and stuck in the trash. On the green or elsewhere on the course is likely an accident and [b]in the trash shows the previous owner intended to discard it[/b] and purposefully put it in the trash (you don't casually leave something in the trash, especially when its a putter and the trash is on the tee). Even if the previous owner decides three holes later he wants it back, too bad if it's already gone, he was a dumba** and discarded it. I say its fair game.

Club left ANYWHERE else on the course, I say you are morally obligated to return it. [b]In the trash[/b] = abandoned.
[/quote]

Except for the guy who replied to this thread who said it was SOP at his course to put found clubs head side up in the trash cans so it was easier for the owners to find them when searching... I know its crazy but that is what someone actually said in this thread...
[/quote]

Well that's just a terrible idea! Hope he also offered to replace the grips after he stuck them in the trash. Who know's what's in there.

[quote name='thatboygaule' timestamp='1393283566' post='8737312']
[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1393114773' post='8724570']
[quote name='thatboygaule' timestamp='1393106406' post='8723744']
Also , I found a rolex, think it was an oyster perpetual ( I know right.), I'm pretty sure it was legit as I was playing a good course. I didn't tell my playing partners as I didn't want them to know about it . Anyway when i came in i examined it closer and found it said "Happy Birthday" on the back . I decided to hand it in but i left my name and number to the office in case the person returned . I got a call the next day saying that an envelope was left for me in the office . I called there the next weekend and when I opened the envelope it was a letter and a 100 euro note thanking me for handing it in. I felt so good and honestly, it wouldn't have felt right to sell it
[/quote]

That is such an awesome story and you, Sir, have immeasurable integrity. I would LOVE to hear the story of how in the world the guy lost/left it. And even better would be their side of things in how it felt to get it back.

Well done!
[/quote]

Well in the letter he said he had gotten it from his late wife for his 70th birthday and that his dream was to own a Rolex one day . He said he thinks he lost it when he went to take food out of his bag and that it was the putting his bag in the car that he noticed it was missing.He went to the pro and told him about it and said it was unlikely he would get it back. He left me his number in his letter and told me to ring him so we could meet up for a round some time but I have still to ring him . Perhaps I should but I'm happy the way things are. I don't want to take anything more from him

Like I could have sold the watch for 5-10 k fairly easily , but knowing this story and how I would have felt selling that Rolex really make see that there is a lot more to life than money
[/quote]

You will get some good juju from this. It will come back to you 100 fold in positive things. You did right.

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1393261045' post='8734778']
[quote name='resnor' timestamp='1393211530' post='8731954']
If I ever find a nice a club, I will give my name and number to the pro shop, and keep the club. If sometime calls I'll return it, if they can identify it. If no one claims it, it's mine. LOL. Like someone else said, pro shop workers will take unclaimed clubs.

I lost an old Anser putter two seasons ago...pretty sure the douchebag twosome behind me took it, but couldn't prove it...although I used it to putt out on 8, and it was gone when I teed off on 9. Also lost the PW to my Titleist Model 100 set when I first started playing.
[/quote]

How do you lose a putter when you putted out with it??? Did you need to stop and take a rest between the green and the cart? it never should have left your hand...

The only way i can see leaving a putter behind if if you put it down to chip and you chip in and in the excitement never go back and pick up the putter from where you chipped from
[/quote]

The same way you leave the half smoked bowl of pot...

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1393518401' post='8757918']
[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1393515841' post='8757596']
[quote name='Nick6771' timestamp='1393515359' post='8757534']
A dead body.
[/quote]

Was the course next to Back Harlow Road and the RR tracks?
[/quote]

Are you best friends with that kid from Star Trek?
[/quote]

and hang out at The Viper Room

[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1393520062' post='8758148']
[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1393518649' post='8757966']
[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1393518401' post='8757918']
[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1393515841' post='8757596']
[quote name='Nick6771' timestamp='1393515359' post='8757534']
A dead body.
[/quote]

Was the course next to Back Harlow Road and the RR tracks?
[/quote]

Are you best friends with that kid from Star Trek?
[/quote]

and hang out at The Viper Room
[/quote]

Damn!

Are you married to a chick named Rebecca?
[/quote]

have a less talented hare lipped brother?

This one timee at a course my freinds played a joke on me and put my Scotty putter in the garbage. I was mad at it and said it was going in the garage when i got home and was going to putt rest of round with hybrid. Got home to punish it and noticed it was gone, freinds thought it was funny till they had to get me a new one when no one turned it in at the course.

Man hate when people take things and dont turn them in at the course.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Found a set of keys for a Mercedes Benz . . . . . called the clubhouse and they said the guy was there and in panic mode, brand new car . . . . . he was very glad to hear from us!

Another time I was walking, mid summer, hotter than H here in Tx. I come over the crest of a fairway hill, with my head down, look up and there is this huge black snake . . . . . fortunately dead, but the ticker was racing a bit after that one.

I have found many players sense of humour after some bad shots.
Telling them to stop cussing and throwing clubs.
I swear some guys I've had the unfortunate pleasure to play with
would make awesome hammer throwers let alone golf clubs.
A new Olympic Sport - golf club throwing.

You dictate the shot.
Taylor Made RBZ 2 Stiff
Titliest 910 Stiff 3 wood
Titleist ZB Irons
WITB Link

[quote name='sheppy335' timestamp='1393533423' post='8759920']
This one timee at a course my freinds played a joke on me and put my Scotty putter in the garbage. I was mad at it and said it was going in the garage when i got home and was going to putt rest of round with hybrid. Got home to punish it and noticed it was gone, freinds thought it was funny till they had to get me a new one when no one turned it in at the course.

Man hate when people take things and dont turn them in at the course.
[/quote]
LMAO
Thank God you didn't find that bear that crapped on the fairway.

You dictate the shot.
Taylor Made RBZ 2 Stiff
Titliest 910 Stiff 3 wood
Titleist ZB Irons
WITB Link

I once went to "water a bush" in an out of the way spot near the green. Found the head and the lower half of a Ping Pal putter in the bushes. Someone was obviously having a bad day with that putter.

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

Not quite a strange finding, but certainly a strange and unusual occirance. One of my good friends was "the golfer" who witnessed this plane accident during his round at Royce Brook in NJ. He was an EMT/Volunteer Fire Fighter and ran to the scene. He said both were deceased by the time he got there.

[url="http://aircrashed.com/cause/cNYC99FA125.shtml"]http://aircrashed.com/cause/cNYC99FA125.shtml[/url]

I was not playing with him at the time.

Once found a perscription bottle or jar filled with joints, yeah the ol' wacky tabacky, actual joints. This was in Arizona, Tucson to be exact, El Rio (great old course), one of the guys I was playing with was a Pima County Probation Officer so he took the bottle and allegedly turned it in to the cops. Back then it would have been a felony, so I let him have it. After the month I've had sure could use one ... for medical purposes only of course.

• 8 months later...

Found a Crack pipe in a golf cart at a Local muni, which will remain un-named.
I don't know about you, but golf is hard enough without being stoned outta your gourd!

Titleist 915D2 PX Hzrdous Yellow 63G Stiff
Titleist 915F15 Diamanna Stiff
Titleist 915H 19 Aldila Rouge Stiff
712 CB/MB PX 6.0 (4-PW)
Cold Forged Vokey Wedges (52,56,60) S200
Richards RT-1 Tour Hand Stamped 1of1

Probably a 14 to 16 inch black dildo. Balls painted white like golf balls. Sitting in the rough off the tee marker which is precisely where we left it. Balls looked like someone left a couple balls in the rough...went to see if they were worth pickin up....they were not.

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1414630889' post='10371219']
Probably a 14 to 16 inch black dildo. Balls painted white like golf balls. Sitting in the rough off the tee marker which is precisely where we left it. Balls looked like someone left a couple balls in the rough...went to see if they were worth pickin up....they were not.
[/quote]

Damn Noodle long and softs.

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]