Watch Enthusiasts

chiguy

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1396027303' post='8969407']
This is a Dual Time Day/Date Patek(18k wg dial, markers, hands, case). What attracted my to it was, well, I love Dual Times/GMT's and don't know why cuz while I used to travel between zones when I worked for the consulting firm, I haven't for years and I don't really have anyone in another zone that I should know what time it is, lol. I just think the two faces looks cool, lol.

Also, this piece has Breguet hands, which were introduced by Abraham-Loius Breguet, founder of the storied house in 1775. And make no mistake, I would put Breguet right beside Patek as far as an understated, elegant time pieces. I realize that they may not fetch the coin that a comprable Patty would, however they are incredibly elegant, a Mizuno MP blade if you will.

A-L Breguet is also the inventor of the Turbillon. He also introduced a line of luxury writing instruments as a tribute to the writers who mentioned or featured Breguet in their works.

Their watches are often easily recognized by their coin-edge cases and their pomme hands, referred to as I did, as "Breguet hands," which are often copied, even by someone like Patek, lol. Very elegant look.

Anyway, I wear this casually with the tan croc strap though I do have a black strap that fits it.

And no, I don't have nail fungus, the yellowish tint is from the radiation, LMAO.

Have a great day :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard
[/quote]

You realize that there are actual watch collectors here?

Ping G430 10.5 1k blue 65x
Titleist TS2 16.5* DI7x

Titleist TS2 21* DI8x
Ping Blueprint 4-PW x100
Ping s159 50/56/60*

LAB Mezz Max

[quote name='esketores' timestamp='1396032964' post='8970099']
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Huh?
[/quote]

That makes two of us that are confused.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396031450' post='8969923']
This is a Dual Time Day/Date Patek(18k wg dial, markers, hands, case). What attracted my to it was, well, I love Dual Times/GMT's and don't know why cuz while I used to travel between zones when I worked for the consulting firm, I haven't for years and I don't really have anyone in another zone that I should know what time it is, lol. I just think the two faces looks cool, lol.

Also, this piece has Breguet hands, which were introduced by Abraham-Loius Breguet, founder of the storied house in 1775. And make no mistake, I would put Breguet right beside Patek as far as an understated, elegant time pieces. I realize that they may not fetch the coin that a comprable Patty would, however they are incredibly elegant, a Mizuno MP blade if you will.

A-L Breguet is also the inventor of the Turbillon. He also introduced a line of luxury writing instruments as a tribute to the writers who mentioned or featured Breguet in their works.

Their watches are often easily recognized by their coin-edge cases and their pomme hands, referred to as I did, as "Breguet hands," which are often copied, even by someone like Patek, lol. Very elegant look.

Anyway, I wear this casually with the tan croc strap though I do have a black strap that fits it.

And no, I don't have nail fungus, the yellowish tint is from the radiation, LMAO.

Richard
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes, I do, and the above post is not directed to them, or obviously, you, lol.

As I stated earlier, when I state something like I did in the post that you high lighted, it is not for the collectors, nor is it to make someone defensive, it is for those that may not know what I'm speaking of when I say that my favorite hand design is the Breguet design, or when I posted my turbillon, and obviously a non-collector would not know what that is.

I prefaced that in one of my earlier posts that I did not mean to offend those that knew what I explained, though I just wanted to make sure that those that are not collectors would not feel "left out," because they do not understand what's being posted, and that's what usualy happens when collectors start talking, and it's no different than when low cap/plus golfers are around and don't make an effort to include the mid and higher cap guys. Like it or not, I won't be a part of that, either on a golf course or in a forum. Also, it's great that guys are posting whatever they wear versus just the high end end pieces. As I said, there are a lot of great watches out there that are very reasonable.

I take it that you are one of those watch collectors?

As I said, that's great, as your Tissot is a great watch, however I don't colect watches, I collect time pieces.

Watches?

I just buy em and wear em.

Have a great season :)

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1396041878' post='8970977']
[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396031450' post='8969923']

Richard
[/quote]

[/quote]Yes, I do, and the above post is not directed to them, or obviously, you, lol.

As I stated earlier, when I state something like I did in the post that you high lighted, it is not for the collectors, nor is it to make someone defensive, it is for those that may not know what I'm speaking of when I say that my favorite hand design is the Breguet design, or when I posted my turbillon, and obviously a non-collector would not know what that is.

I prefaced that in one of my earlier posts that I did not mean to offend those that knew what I explained, though I just wanted to make sure that those that are not collectors would not feel "left out," because they do not understand what's being posted, and that's what usualy happens when collectors start talking, and it's no different than when low cap/plus golfers are around and don't make an effort to include the mid and higher cap guys. Like it or not, I won't be a part of that, either on a golf course or in a forum.

I take it that you are one of those watch collectors?

As I said, that's great, as your Tissot is a great watch, however I don't colect watches, I collect time pieces.

Watches?

I just buy em and wear em.

Have a great season :)

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

I much appreciated the knowledgable post. I love watches (time pieces as you would say.. Great line by the way) but really don't have a ton knowledge about them. That's why I like this thread. Some good informative nuggets have been thrown in here.

[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396045603' post='8971267']
Your "ALS" has Swiss Made on the "movement", it's German.
[/quote]The spring and the wheel, the crystal & 8 of the jewels were aftermarket as the movent was non-functional when I purchased it. It is not a fake though I could not pay what the cost was to have it repaired by ALS.

The jeweler/watch maker that did all of this work has a outstanding reputation Pittsburgh for his work, and is a above reproach, as am I.

I do not own a fake watch/time piece.

And FWIW, My clubs are the real deal also.

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396047197' post='8971427']
Richard,

I'm sorry but you do sir. I'm sure you're a nice guy but none of those are legit.
[/quote]I'm not going to get into a pissing contest however every single piece is indeed "legit," and most are insured and if/when I would sell them, I would #1, disclose to the buyer the parts, if any, such as the AL&S, what parts were indeed not AL&S, and #2, let him take it to his jeweler for appraisal, as I did with 4 of the 6 pieces that I recently sold.

Have a good evening,

My Best,
Richard

[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396048332' post='8971541']
No need to get into a pissing contest. They're fake, obvious fakes, not even close. Any collectors that would consider buying those watches wouldn't touch them. You know it.
[/quote] Indeed, two of the men who purchased them were collectors and two were not, and they took them to whomever they used for appraisals and purchased them and no one has came back and wanted their money back.

My Best,
Richard

Our friendly watch thread turned interesting while I wasn't watching.....how's that for a clever turn-of-phrase?

If anyone's interested....Beatrixx Kido just fired the five-point exploding heart technique on Bill on my TV.

My Breitlings are all legit and I have the boxes, paperwork and receipts.....

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396049496' post='8971647']
Richard,

Say what you want, but any real collector knows those are fake, blatantly obvious.
[/quote]Believe what you'd like, as can the other guys in here. Regarding a "real" collector, I will do my best to avoid them, lol. I must say that this comment made me smile for the first time this afternoon.

Thank You :)

Have a nice evening,

Richard

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1396051004' post='8971769']
Dear Richard:

I'm sorry if your watches are all fake. Still look good to me.

I'll bet they even look better to a guy that just got good news on the Big C.

Regards,
J
[/quote]LM, they are legit and yes, it does feel good though I have two more treatments to go.

My Best,
Richard

I guess I'm curious as to why he is so insistent they are fake based on just 1 or 2 photos of each watch. Bold claims if you aren't going to point out why. Richard has never done anything to deceive me in the past so as far as I'm concerned he is good by me. Regardless, 100% legit or not, those are some great looking pieces.

If you were a collector you would know these are fake, these models don't exist, the condition is obvious. If there were any serious collectors here they would back me up. Literally every watch he posted was fake. These are 15-50,000 pieces. The ALS is so fake and he has a bogus story to back it up!

I'm sure he's a fine guy, I've said it once, but those watches are fake

Ping G430 10.5 1k blue 65x
Titleist TS2 16.5* DI7x

Titleist TS2 21* DI8x
Ping Blueprint 4-PW x100
Ping s159 50/56/60*

LAB Mezz Max

Very much trailer park compared to the rest of this thread, but for work either a Casio G-Shock GW9300-1 or a Marathon TSAR.

For dress, a couple 60s-70s Omegas. Nothing special.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1396084122' post='8973651']
Very much trailer park compared to the rest of this thread, but for work either a Casio G-Shock GW9300-1 or a Marathon TSAR.

For dress, a couple 60s-70s Omegas. Nothing special.
[/quote]

Far from "trailer park". I'm surprised no one has brought up a Marathon TSAR. Cool tank, I mean cool watch. :).
And you can't beat classic Omegas ... Timeless. G Shocks are awesome. I love mine!

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x/KSig

Even though I indeed "just got good news on the big C" as J/LM so ellequently pointed out, and the polyps were indeed "clean," this is how I spent this morning, first getting my IVs, to counter the side effects of my upcoming radiation session on Monday and then, when the 2nd pic was snapped, having electrical stim on my right hand/arm as part of my PT resulting from the stroke.

Also, along with the price of getting that "good news on the big C," between the radiation and the steroid overload, which along with leaving me looking and feeling massively "bloated," badly compromised 60-70% of one kidney and it's up in the air as to what function level I will ultimately have, and the very real possibility exists that I will have to have it removed. Fortunately, my Father is the surgeon handling this area, so I'm in good hands, lol.

Another slight derailment from the treatment, side effects and meds that gave me the "good news on the big C" was a fore mentioned stroke that fell in between a TIA and a full blown stroke, which left my right side extremities numb and tingling along with loss of coordination and hand/eye and I have to temporarily walk with the assistance of a cane (it's hanging on the chair, and yea, it's legit) along with virtually no vision(20/200, legally blind) in my left eye, which should not be permanent though how much improvement that I'll end up with is anybody's guess.

And though I've grown used to my Kojak look, I'd much prefer to have what little hair that I did have in that pic(the day that I started treatment) back, and while I did not go totally bald, for whatever reason, the hire fell out on the top and right side, so yea, it looked like hell and I shaved the rest, because I've had so little control over this, I was at least going to control what I could, though with time, I should get back most if what little that I did have.

So ya see J, while I was indeed was elated as that post sounded, and yes, the day that I "got good news on the big C," I was extremely happy, I have not reached the point, nor do I ever believe that I will reach the point, where I refer to this disease as "the big C," and I truly pray to God, that you, your loved ones or good friends never have to experience it, and if they have, I'm amazed that you would refer to it as "the big C," because I have never, ever heard a survivor, family member or friend of one, refer to it as such, either jokingly or in an attempt at skeptical wit.

Though yes, overall, it was a very good week, lol.

Oh, and yea, the Roadster's legit, lol.

Have a great week-end

As Always,

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
RP II

I've got a thing for tonneau shaped cases, lol.

The first, is a Franck Muller Conquistador SC Triple Date Moon Phase(18k WG). The second is one of my faves(if you haven't noticed, my "faves" change on a routine basis. My shrink says that this is fine with watches and putters, though it's part of the reason that I'm still single, lol. And I pay to hear this sh*t ;) ). I like the look of brown croc strap with black dial for casual. The second is a Breguet Heritage Day/Date(18k WG).

And the third pic is my IWC Big Pilot. It's saweeeeet and it's much larger than any other pieces that I wear, coming in at 46mm. I wanted one badly, though at the time, the "grey" market was scarce, however I do see more out there now than when I was looking. The 5111 movement is a serious movement, regardless of whether one thinks that the Swiss aura is much hype. This baby's the real deal. This is the SS model, and I could've gone with the WG model, in fact, it was #89/200 in a special release. However there was something about having a WG Pilot's watch, especially the Great Pilot, that screamed pretentious. A gold Pilot's watch? As I've never really talked about this before, I don't know if I conveyed my thoughts clearly, plus I'm a tad foggy right now, lol. I hope that that makes sense.

I prefer my dress pieces to be the old traditional 38mm(sorta like the traditional 35° 7i), 40 tops, unless it's gonna be the professional equivalent of a d*ck swingin contest, with all of the superficial trappings that come with that, then I'll throw the Rolly Day/Date on, lol. I might wear that 4-5 times a year. I really do prefer the understated.

Have a good one-

My Best,

Richard

Forged, curious as to why your Big Pilot has a date correction pusher on the crown side, as an original does not have such a feature.

891741d1354322503-fs-iwc-big-pilot-iw5004-01-stainless-steel-46mm-7-day-power-reserve-img_5213.jpg

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396118592' post='8975485']
I'm glad you've recieved good news and are keeping a positive attitude!

Do work Richard!
[/quote]Thank You for the thoughts and wishes :)

I wish you the best this season,

My Best,
Richard

Forged, curious as to why your Big Pilot has a date correction pusher on the crown side, as aoriginal does not have such a feature.

891741d1354322503-fs-iwc-big-pilot-iw5004-01-stainless-steel-46mm-7-day-power-reserve-img_5213.jpg

That is not a date correction pusher as it is non-functional, with the date being quick adjusted via the crown. The case is aftermarket and that "dummy" pusher easily marks it as such. The jeweler who did my work would not work on a black market/fake watch, for me or anyone else. The mainspring and most of the components including jewels are Authentic(5111) though the case, crown, differential gear for the PR dial(aftermarket), along with the slipping clutch device and the auto date change gears are aftermarket.

The red on the PR dial is also intentional, because as you know, the original PR dial/markers are not marked in this manner, so as not to be passed off as original, and though I never entertained the idea of getting a white aftermarket replacement dial, as I said, this gentleman would not put one in, for anyone, unless he could verify it as authentic. I have all receipts for work done, along with the individual components itemized.

Have a good one.

My Best,

Richard

Forged, curious as to why your Big Pilot has a date correction pusher on the crown side, as aoriginal does not have such a feature.

That is not a date correction pusher as it is non-functional, with the date being quick adjusted via the crown. The case is aftermarket and that "dummy" pusher easily marks it as such. The jeweler who did my work would not work on a black market/fake watch, for me or anyone else. The mainspring and most of the components including jewels are Authentic(5111) though the case, crown, differential gear for the PR dial(aftermarket), along with the slipping clutch device and the auto date change gears are aftermarket.

The red on the PR dial is also intentional, because as you know, the original PR dial/markers are not marked in this manner, so as not to be passed off as original, and though I never entertained the idea of getting a white aftermarket replacement dial, as I said, this gentleman would not put one in, for anyone, unless he could verify it as authentic. I have all receipts for work done, along with the individual components itemized.

Have a good one.

My Best,

Richard

If many of the components are aftermarket, if the watch would ever be resold would it still be sold as a IWC? I'm not a watch expert and never thought there were aftermarket parts like that.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x/KSig

Have a good one.

My Best,

Richard

If many of the components are aftermarket, if the watch would ever be resold would it still be sold as a IWC? I'm not a watch expert and never thought there were aftermarket parts like that.

No, it would not be.

There is virtually anything "out there."

The amazing thing is that the #'s on the components are clearly not original, which is intentional, however, this jeweler/watchmaker said that black market component(s) could be bought from CA with matching #'s if they are given.

I know to get the IWC in working condition cost me just under $1900 with parts/labor. He didn't even know what black market parts would cost as he didn't deal/work in that.

But no, it absolutely wouldn't be sold as original.

My Best,

Richard