Watch Enthusiasts

chiguy

You're jeweler screwed you, none of this makes sense! Especially your story on the ALS, brands like that and FP Journe and VC have their own tool and own parts, impossible to add aftermarket parts to these watches that don't use ETA movements.

If you think any of those watches are real you are dead wrong

Ping G430 10.5 1k blue 65x
Titleist TS2 16.5* DI7x

Titleist TS2 21* DI8x
Ping Blueprint 4-PW x100
Ping s159 50/56/60*

LAB Mezz Max

[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396127490' post='8976343']
You're jeweler screwed you, none of this makes sense! Especially your story on the ALS, brands like that and FP Journe and VC have their own tool and own parts, impossible to add aftermarket parts to these watches that don't use ETA movements.

If you think any of those watches are real you are dead wrong
[/quote] ok

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='RJRJRJ' timestamp='1396128942' post='8976473']
Richard,
Would you happen to have the specific reference number for this particular Patek?
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/976566-watch-enthusiasts/page__st__150#entry8969407
[/quote]I am at the Clinic(Cleve) and will be back home tomorrow afternoon/evening and I'd be glad to.

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

#1 you guys need to learn to take a picture.

This is a 1-2 thousand dollar watch, I bought new

2 of them, this one in gold, and another in silver.

It's a copy of a PP I made quite a bit of money on, as they quite making that model, a month after I bought it. Almost doubled my money, to the same jeweler I bought it from.

6C05C2C8-B56C-47BD-A7FD-3E9B5CEFCEB1_zpsrguecmyt.jpg

Cobra ZL Encore 8.5 Matrix 6Q3
TEE CB4 tour 15 RIP 70 Sigma
Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo
Mizuno Mp-53 4-pw DG progressive shafts
Odyssey Black ProType 10 Sm 4.5 TP ball
Mizuno raw haze 50, 56 Scratch 60

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1396084122' post='8973651']
Very much trailer park compared to the rest of this thread, but for work either a Casio G-Shock GW9300-1 or a Marathon TSAR.

For dress, a couple 60s-70s Omegas. Nothing special.
[/quote]

Is the TSAR the quartz or auto? I never know if GSAR or TSAR is auto. Any pics? Any watch that is made for Search and Rescue is cool. Are any of your Omegas Devilles? Thanks.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x/KSig

Forged, curious as to why your Big Pilot has a date correction pusher on the crown side, as aoriginal does not have such a feature.

891741d1354322503-fs-iwc-big-pilot-iw5004-01-stainless-steel-46mm-7-day-power-reserve-img_5213.jpg

That is not a date correction pusher as it is non-functional, with the date being quick adjusted via the crown. The case is aftermarket and that "dummy" pusher easily marks it as such. The jeweler who did my work would not work on a black market/fake watch, for me or anyone else. The mainspring and most of the components including jewels are Authentic(5111) though the case, crown, differential gear for the PR dial(aftermarket), along with the slipping clutch device and the auto date change gears are aftermarket.

The red on the PR dial is also intentional, because as you know, the original PR dial/markers are not marked in this manner, so as not to be passed off as original, and though I never entertained the idea of getting a white aftermarket replacement dial, as I said, this gentleman would not put one in, for anyone, unless he could verify it as authentic. I have all receipts for work done, along with the individual components itemized.

Have a good one.

My Best,

Richard

If many of the components are aftermarket, if the watch would ever be resold would it still be sold as a IWC? I'm not a watch expert and never thought there were aftermarket parts like that.

well around here they would seize the watch for being "counterfeit" its happened to many of my acquaintances here.

usually without their knowledge. send in watch to a watchmaker, watchmaker would swap parts and keep for himself

and pass them on to the poor unsuspecting customers.

a common term nowadays is "frankenstein" watches. this means completely functional and almost complete watches

consisting of after market OEM parts and generic parts. any skilled watchmaker or hobbyist who is resourceful enough

can accomplish this.

this is why i always get my stuff from authorised dealers or if i am buying any watch online i make sure to check their reputation

and always get the watch checked by my local brand service centres just for peace of mind.

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

A Frankenstein watch is a real watch with parts from the same company, just not of that particular watch. It doesn't have anything to do with a fake watch and a bogus excuse.

The Marathon TSAR is a hell of a deal, no need to be ashamed to wear one!

Ping G430 10.5 1k blue 65x
Titleist TS2 16.5* DI7x

Titleist TS2 21* DI8x
Ping Blueprint 4-PW x100
Ping s159 50/56/60*

LAB Mezz Max

[quote name='jh19' timestamp='1396231866' post='8983811']
[/quote]

No doubt. A real cool, "fly under the radar" watch. dan360's G-Shock GW9300 "Mudman" is another badass watch too.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

[quote name='hogan234' timestamp='1396232461' post='8983901']
[/quote]

No doubt. A real cool, "fly under the radar" watch. dan360's G-Shock GW9300 "Mudman" is another badass watch too.
[/quote]

i am actually looking for a beater piece i have had casio g shocks in the past but their lineup
now has too much to offer and i can't decide!

Tad Moore handmade blade 

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1396232682' post='8983921']
[/quote]

[/quote]

i am actually looking for a beater piece i have had casio g shocks in the past but their lineup
[/quote]

I know lots to choose from. I have a G-Shock G 2900 that I like because it was cheap, has a 10 yr battery, and is kinda small for my child-sized wrists.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

A Frankenstein watch is a real watch with parts from the same company, just not of that particular watch. It doesn't have anything to do with a fake watch and a bogus excuse.

i did not even know that. thought Frankenstein was Gen parts mixed with generic.

here is my daily wearer rolex explorer II.

dad had this piece for quite awhile til he gave it to me when i was in 12th grade

that was almost 20 years ago. the watch's tritium doesn't even glow anymore

has his name engraved on the buckle. probably my most sentimental piece ever!

unnamed-1_zps92d3c54d.jpg

unnamed-2_zps2d54b4c0.jpg

Tad Moore handmade blade 

here is my daily wearer rolex explorer II.

dad had this piece for quite awhile til he gave it to me when i was in 12th grade

that was almost 20 years ago. the watch's tritium doesn't even glow anymore

has his name engraved on the buckle. probably my most sentimental piece ever!

unnamed-1_zps92d3c54d.jpg

unnamed-2_zps2d54b4c0.jpg

Beautiful Spoon!

Have a nice week,

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

I was not really going to get into the authentic/fake arena, but I'd venture to say most vintage watches could be considered "counterfeit" once they've been repaired by anyone but authorized factory personnel. Like in my modest collection, I've had my Dad's Wittnauer fixed twice, by a local jeweler who has probably passed on years ago. In 1989, the last time I got it repaired, I had the dial reconditioned, a new crown and crystal, in addition to the regular servicing. I'm sure authorized parts were not used, as the watch was from around 1947, and a modest watch at that.

My Rolex was serviced 15 or so years ago. A local guy sent it away somewhere in the US. I'm sure that if I send it to Switzerland, it'll be deemed counterfeit also, for aftermarket parts were probably used. I never gave it a thought until this discussion. I always thought a watches main function is to run and keep time. I understand that if a guy buys a "Rolex" at the local flea market for $20, it's obviously fake. Same with the websites that sell high quality fake stuff. But an authentic watch that has an aftermarket crystal or crown, come on.

Life's too short to worry about or make an issue about foolishness like that. I'll enjoy my watches, and let my next of kin worry about their authenticity.

Best wishes, Richard. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Dave

I simply cannot take a good picture.

That's better than most on here.

The pictures I took, were with a crappy iphone camera.

Try for some decent lighting, make sure the image is in focus, and a neutral background that doesn't take away from the subject. Different angles sometimes work.

This is what my dad wore, most of the time anyways. I remember it being a huge watch, and part of the reason I prefer a mid size case.

I had a submariner I almost couldn't stand to wear, to big feeling.28A984DA-1D31-441A-BFC3-689D57894295_zpszzl0yjky.jpg

Cobra ZL Encore 8.5 Matrix 6Q3
TEE CB4 tour 15 RIP 70 Sigma
Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo
Mizuno Mp-53 4-pw DG progressive shafts
Odyssey Black ProType 10 Sm 4.5 TP ball
Mizuno raw haze 50, 56 Scratch 60

Alright watch peeps, I'm looking for one of the Eminem G-Shock Limited edition 30th anniversary watches.

Specifically this one: http://www.gshock.com/watches/Limited/GDX6900MNM-1

Not a big watch guy but I want one of these and I realize it's not high end but figured someone might know someone that has one to sell.

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1396661657' post='9023611']
Alright watch peeps, I'm looking for one of the Eminem G-Shock Limited edition 30th anniversary watches.

Specifically this one: [url="http://www.gshock.com/watches/Limited/GDX6900MNM-1"]http://www.gshock.co...ed/GDX6900MNM-1[/url]

Not a big watch guy but I want one of these and I realize it's not high end but figured someone might know someone that has one to sell.
[/quote]

Cool watch! Pretty understated for an Eminem Limited. I figured it would at least be in white. I like the 10 yr battery.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

I just don't understand the g shock watches. They just don't appeal to me at all

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Is the TSAR the quartz or auto? I never know if GSAR or TSAR is auto. Any pics? Any watch that is made for Search and Rescue is cool. Are any of your Omegas Devilles? Thanks.

I'm away from home for awhile but will get pics of the Marathon and the Omegas when I return. The TSAR is quartz, the SAR and GSAR (gov't contract SAR) are ETA automatics, but otherwise all look pretty much the same. There are quite a few small variations and other models but I'm no expert. The Omegas are a Speedmaster and a Seamaster. No frills, pretty plain.

The GW9300 is the "Japanese" version (made in Thailand anyway lol) with atomic timekeeping and carbon fiber band. It hasn't synced on me for a few days because I'm away from the signal area but when I'm home in western Washington state it usually syncs nightly, depending.

I wear quartz watches for work because they seem to hold up better through the vibrations and general beating. The Marathon is not very inconspicuous so I tend to wear the G-Shock when I travel. Most people don't really want to steal a 'plastic' watch. It's a few years old now and has battle scars, but works perfect. Hard to kill a G-Shock.

wiwleb.jpgslsqdh.jpg

35bs3ud.jpg153sfb5.jpg

2jb793.jpg

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1396752485' post='9029611']
I just don't understand the g shock watches. They just don't appeal to me at all
[/quote]

There are two main types of folks who buy them.

1. Those who want a watch that is hard to kill, has features they want, and will last a long time. Military operators, mechanics, oil & gas guys, construction workers, etc. Hard use types.
2. The people who want the glow-in-the-dark high viz crazy limited editions and collect them like toys.

Casio understands both and markets to both. They'll build the plain all black watches for folks like me, and then a bunch of limited editions for the folks who want to collect them. You get enough variations of G-Shocks together in one place it looks like a train carrying Skittles, M&Ms, hip hop artists, scientific calculators, and GI Joe crashed into an offshore drilling rig full of dirt.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

I'm away from home for awhile but will get pics of the Marathon and the Omegas when I return. The TSAR is quartz, the SAR and GSAR (gov't contract SAR) are ETA automatics, but otherwise all look pretty much the same. There are quite a few small variations and other models but I'm no expert. The Omegas are a Speedmaster and a Seamaster. No frills, pretty plain.

The GW9300 is the "Japanese" version (made in Thailand anyway lol) with atomic timekeeping and carbon fiber band. It hasn't synced on me for a few days because I'm away from the signal area but when I'm home in western Washington state it usually syncs nightly, depending.

I wear quartz watches for work because they seem to hold up better through the vibrations and general beating. The Marathon is not very inconspicuous so I tend to wear the G-Shock when I travel. Most people don't really want to steal a 'plastic' watch. It's a few years old now and has battle scars, but works perfect. Hard to kill a G-Shock.

wiwleb.jpgslsqdh.jpg

35bs3ud.jpg153sfb5.jpg

2jb793.jpg

Cool watch as are your others!

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1396794286' post='9031359']
[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1396752485' post='9029611']
[/quote]

There are two main types of folks who buy them.

1. Those who want a watch that is hard to kill, has features they want, and will last a long time. Military operators, mechanics, oil & gas guys, construction workers, etc. Hard use types.
2. The people who want the glow-in-the-dark high viz crazy limited editions and collect them like toys.

Casio understands both and markets to both. They'll build the plain all black watches for folks like me, and then a bunch of limited editions for the folks who want to collect them. You get enough variations of G-Shocks together in one place it looks like a train carrying Skittles, M&Ms, hip hop artists, scientific calculators, and GI Joe crashed into an offshore drilling rig full of dirt.
[/quote]

Haha makes sense... Fantastic explanation by the way lol

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Current and past collection.

IMG_0328.jpg

3E714BE3-FF9C-4754-815D-D6839ED78316-6269-00000C019E798CDA-1.jpg

814454C8-1469-4987-9ED5-61A5B6A851DA-1151-000001587ACE3664.jpg

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

[quote name='hogan234' timestamp='1396825835' post='9034101']
[/quote]

That beat up thing has been to all seven continents and onboard vessels in all five oceans. It's kinda fun to watch it try to recalculate when it gets multiple atomic signals in a 24 hour period. Doesn't know what to do so it just goes blank for a bit. Like it says "**** it! Make up your damn mind, Dan!"

[quote name='hogan234' timestamp='1396233019' post='8983957']
[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1396232682' post='8983921']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know lots to choose from. I have a G-Shock G 2900 that I like because it was cheap, has a 10 yr battery, and is kinda small for my child-sized wrists.
[/quote]

If you get one with atomic timekeeping (MULTI BAND 6 they call it on the face) and solar power you'll narrow yourself down quite a bit.

My favorites right now are the 'Master of G' series, both current and previous versions. Some of those aren't atomic, and atomic really isn't necessary, but it's one of those absurdly cool features that makes a G-Shock a G-Shock, in my humble trailer park watch enthusiast opinion. :to_become_senile:

[size=2]edited for spelling[/size]

[quote name='dan360' timestamp='1396855862' post='9036707']
[quote name='hogan234' timestamp='1396825835' post='9034101']
[/quote]

That beat up thing has been to all seven continents and onboard vessels in all five oceans. It's kinda fun to watch it try to recalculate when it gets multiple atomic signals in a 24 hour period. Doesn't know what to do so it just goes blank for a bit. Like it says "**** it! Make up your damn mind, Dan!"
[/quote]

Ha ha! I always wondered how the atomic signal worked if you're constantly in different locations.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

Ha ha! I always wondered how the atomic signal worked if you're constantly in different locations.

It's really not as bad as I made it sound. The radio signals are sent out from stations all over the globe, normally between 0000-0400 in that time zone. If you're in some areas, say like the South Pacific, you can pick up signals from Hawai'i and multiple mainland Asia locations, as well as Australia/NZ, so it's possible get multiple sync attempts in one 24 hour period. Usually it only syncs to the first signal received and ignores the rest, but there are times when it is all wonky for a few hours.

It worked today, though :)

29lck0z.jpg