Watch Enthusiasts

chiguy

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1395775484' post='8948813']
Richard -

Hope your test results come back with a good result.
[/quote]Thank You very much LM!!

Excuse me for goin OT, however I just found out that the polyps were "clean."

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Excuse the emotion, lol, however since I woke up yesterday, all I've been thinkin of is my doc walkin through the door today. He would make an amazing poker player cuz he never ever gives away either his emotions, or the state of the situation. LMAO, and he's the same way with a birdie(He's a 4) as a double, lol, on the course. Same way as a practicing physician. You're clueless until he opens his mouth.

I also presented him with a Scotty Newport 2.6 CS that I had his initials engraved on the face toe, and I filled it in patriotic red/white & blue. He always commented on mine.

He was genuinely surprised, and it is the second time in the 15+ years that I've known him that I've seen him show some emotion, the other being when we won a member/member and he smiled on the 18th green and sorta hugged me, LMAO. He smiled and the way he kept rubbing the putter head, lol(this sounds terrible, LMAO), and looking at his initials, and saying "wow," lol. He liked it.

I was giving it to him regardless, because outside of my Father, there hasn't been a man involved in this situation, who's put more of himself into gettin me over the hump. Well, two more sessions, and now I can focus on getting my kidneys back to normal function(The steriods rocked em) amd rehabbing from the stroke.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks so much for the thoughts, words and wishes :)

Now back to watches, lol

Have a great day!

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395847218' post='8954741']
Richard -

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Excuse the emotion, lol, however since I woke up yesterday, all I've been thinkin of is my doc walkin through the door today. He would make an amazing poker player cuz he never ever gives away either his emotions, or the state of the situation. LMAO, and he's the same way with a birdie(He's a 4) as a double, lol, on the course. Same way as a practicing physician. You're clueless until he opens his mouth.

I also presented him with a Scotty Newport 2.6 CS that I had his initials engraved on the face toe, and I filled it in patriotic red/white & blue. He always commented on mine.

He was genuinely surprised, and it is the second time in the 15+ years that I've known him that I've seen him show some emotion, the other being when we won a member/member and he smiled on the 18th green and sorta hugged me, LMAO. He smiled and the way he kept rubbing the putter head, lol(this sounds terrible, LMAO), and looking at his initials, and saying "wow," lol. He liked it.

I was giving it to him regardless, because outside of my Father, there hasn't been a man involved in this situation, who's put more of himself into gettin me over the hump. Well, two more sessions, and now I can focus on getting my kidneys back to normal function(The steriods rocked em) amd rehabbing from the stroke.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now back to watches, lol

Have a great day!

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

Great news man awesome to hear!!!

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

This Invicta Skeleton is no where near JH's Tissot, however I just liked the way that it looked in the case, so I bought it, lol.

It's functional and I won't go bananas if I happen to catch the wall as I walk around the corner(I've been doin this a lot lately, lol ;) ).

What I also liked is that while it's an inexpensive watch, the "Invicta" is engraved on the buckle versus stamped, for the obvious longevity and appearance issue, and the movement is Swiss.

You may notice, though probably not be able to read the wording down on either side of the number "6."

It says "Swiss Movement."

I realize that most of the guys in here understand the difference between "Swiss Made" & "Swiss Movement," though for those just perusing and/or are just getting familiar with watches/time pieces, I will briefly explain the difference.

First, "Swiss Made"

Those words started appearing on watches/time pieces in the late 19th century. There was one original law created, which delt with all Swiss products, though in 1971, a second part was added to the law, dealing strictly with watches & clocks. In a nutshell, a watch/clock has to meet three criteria to be able to put "Swiss Made" on the piece.

1) The movement must be assembled in Switzerland. Included in this is what you may hear as the term "50% Rule" thrown around. All this means is that of the components used to make the movement, Swiss manufactured components must comprise at least 50% of the value of the movement, labor not included.

2) The movement is "cased up" in Switzerland.

3) The final control(inspection) must be done in Switzerland.

To be allowed to use "Swiss Movement," rule #1 must be adhered to in it's entirety, then usually, the watch is "cased up" and inspected elsewhere(Can you say Eastern Europe, China and Bangladesh, LMAO).

If anyone has anything to add, please feel free to jump in, I just tried to keep it simple.

Hope that this helps :)

And another thought that I'd like to pass on is that just as in golf, one can dress very sharp and stylishly without dropping $100-175 on a shirt or a buck to a buck fifty on a pair of slacks, one can also get a sharp watch/time piece, with a mechanical wind movement such as this Invicta, or an automatic movement or quartz for a very reasonable price. I believe that I paid about $80-85 for this at Costco. I have put a black strap on it and worn it into court, so it is versitile.

Just a thought :)

Have a nice day-

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard[attachment=2141847:image.jpg][attachment=2141847:image.jpg][attachment=2141975:image.jpg]

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395854451' post='8955667']
This Invicta Skeleton is no where near JH's Tissot, however I just liked the way that it looked in the case, so I bought it, lol.

It's functional and I won't go bananas if I happen to catch the wall as I walk around the corner(I've been doin this a lot lately, lol ;) ).

What I also liked is that while it's an inexpensive watch, the "Invicta" is engraved on the buckle versus stamped, for the obvious longevity and appearance issue, and the movement is Swiss.

You may notice, though probably not be able to read the wording down on either side of the number "6."

I realize that most of the guys in here understand the difference between "Swiss Made" & "Swiss Movement," though for those just perusing and/or are just getting familiar with watches/time pieces, I will briefly explain the difference.

First, "Swiss Made"

Those words started appearing on watches/time pieces in the late 19th century. There was one original law created, which delt with all Swiss products, though in 1971, a second part was added to the law, dealing strictly with watches & clocks. In a nutshell, a watch/clock has to meet three criteria to be able to put "Swiss Made" on the piece.

1) The movement must be assembled in Switzerland. Included in this is what you may hear as the term "50% Rule" thrown around. All this means is that of the components used to make the movement, they must comprise at least 50% of the value of the movement, labor not included.

To be allowed to use "Swiss Movement," rule #1 must be adhered to in it's entirety, then usually, the watch is "cased up" and inspected elsewhere(Can you say Eastern Europe, China and Bangladesh, LMAO).

If anyone has anything to add, please feel free to jump in, I just tried to keep it simple.

And another thought that I'd like to pass on is that just as in golf, one can dress very sharp and stylishly without dropping $100-175 on a shirt or a buck to a buck fifty on a pair of slacks, one can also get a sharp watch/time piece, with a mechanical wind movement such as this Invicta, or an automatic movement or quartz for a very reasonable price. I believe that I paid about $80-85 for this at Costco. I have put a black strap on it and worn it into court, so it is versitile.

Have a nice day-

Richard
[/quote]
Invicta makes killer watches my dad has one that is about 13 years old and it keeps perfect time and I think there the best watch for the money in there price range.

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max D 12° Driver

Ping BeCu Eye 2 + Brown Dot 4-PW/SW Irons

Taylormade MySpider GT Putter

[quote name='MrTmag' timestamp='1395860650' post='8956601']
Invicta makes killer watches my dad has one that is about 13 years old and it keeps perfect time and I think there the best watch for the money in there price range.
[/quote]Absolutely!!

Invicta also manufactures Swiss Made watches that are still, as TM stated, a phenominal value.

Another Swiss manufacturer that makes a great looking, durable casual watch at a great value is the other Swiss Army company, not Victorinox. Vic is more expensive than the one that I'm thinking of, though their watches are great looking, from a field watch to an Officer's watch or chrono.

I believe that they use the wording "Swiss Military," while Vic uses "Swiss Army," or hell, maybe it's vice versa, lol.

Either way, like Invicta, they're a steal at their price.

Fairways & Greens My Friends

Absolutely!!

Invicta also manufactures Swiss Made watches that are still, as TM stated, a phenominal value.

Another Swiss manufacturer that makes a great looking, durable casual watch at a great value is the other Swiss Army company, not Victorinox. Vic is more expensive than the one that I'm thinking of, though their watches are great looking, from a field watch to an Officer's watch or chrono.

I believe that they use the wording "Swiss Military," while Vic uses "Swiss Army," or hell, maybe it's vice versa, lol.

Either way, like Invicta, they're a steal at their price.

Haha so victorinox uses Victorinox Swiss Army (typically the Swiss army will be in small print under the Victorinox) or they used to simply use Swiss Army. I don't have a picture of my new Victorinox watch on my phone and unfortinately I out of town but I do have a pic of my old Victorinox watch from when they were using Swiss Army only. I want to say over the decades they have rebranded a couple of times and have gone basically Victorinox then to Swiss Army and now back to Victorinox.

84E880A2-CBB4-415C-B088-D043AE03A24E_zpsie9qni9b.jpg

I don't know much about Swiss Military but I have actually not heard many good things. Obviously my opinion was formed through hearsay so I could be very wrong on that. I just heard it wasn't near on par with Victorinox.

By the way that watch above is beat to hell. It was given to me when I was in 6th grade. I wore it daily until I graduated high school. The thing has taken a beating and it still ticks on. It's a serious tank. Unforinately the watch was all brushed steel. That brushed finish did not hold up well at all and it scratched so easily.

[quote name='Lancejoker' timestamp='1395867385' post='8957395']
Some amazing looking pieces in this thread. Has anyone been following the John Mayer lawsuit over the fake Rolex?

http://wap.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/john-mayer-sues-watch-broker-over-fake-rolex-watches-114032000089_1.html
[/quote]Yea, I'm curious how this works out.

Grey market is one thing, but if he sold Mayer Grey or Black Market Rollies without telling him, or worse, lying to him that they were warrantied, because no grey market piece is warrantied, then he's in a world of hurt.

For those not familiar, black market is either stolen or counterfeit. If one were to purchase a stolen piece, be very, very careful who you take it to because every piece has a serial number that is registered with the manufacturing house and while you can register grey market pieces, obviously, you wouldn't a black market piece.

And Rolex is the hardest core regarding "counterfeit." If ONE SINGLE component in a Rolex is not Rolex manufactured, they consider the whole time piece counterfeit.

But is sounds like this idiot is just a scam artist. I can't wait to see all of his other clients step forward, lol

Nice Post!!

Richard

Haha so victorinox uses Victorinox Swiss Army (typically the Swiss army will be in small print under the Victorinox) or they used to simply use Swiss Army. I don't have a picture of my new Victorinox watch on my phone and unfortinately I out of town but I do have a pic of my old Victorinox watch from when they were using Swiss Army only. I want to say over the decades they have rebranded a couple of times and have gone basically Victorinox then to Swiss Army and now back to Victorinox.

I don't know much about Swiss Military but I have actually not heard many good things. Obviously my opinion was formed through hearsay so I could be very wrong on that. I just heard it wasn't near on par with Victorinox.

By the way that watch above is beat to hell. It was given to me when I was in 6th grade. I wore it daily until I graduated high school. The thing has taken a beating and it still ticks on. It's a serious tank. Unforinately the watch was all brushed steel. That brushed finish did not hold up well at all and it scratched so easily.

HaHa, Yep, the other company is called Wenger, and on the front of their watches, right under "12" is their name, Wenger, and underneath that, "Swiss Military."

Though they are priced below Victorinox, they make a damn nice watch and like Imvicta, it's a great deal, though unlike Invicta, every Wenger watch is Swiss Made.

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395847218' post='8954741']
Richard -

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I also presented him with a Scotty Newport 2.6 CS that I had his initials engraved on the face toe, and I filled it in patriotic red/white &amp; blue. He always commented on mine.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now back to watches, lol

Have a great day!

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

Happy for you Richard....I've had many experiences sitting in those little rooms trying to discern the news about my Mom, Grandmother and other family members by the demeanor of the Doc. Unfortunately I've usually been right and the news has rarely been good.

Here's to many more years of good golf for you.

As to watches....I'm thinking of getting a Breitling Transocean. Simple stainless with a black face and leather with deployment clasp. Not their busiest model but a more plainly elegant watch.

Maybe someone will be a pal and post a pic....remember, I'm the guy that still can't get an avatar uploaded nor post a picture that is oriented correctly.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

HaHa, Yep, the other company is called Wenger, and on the front of their watches, right under "12" is their name, Wenger, and underneath that, "Swiss Military."

Though they are priced below Victorinox, they make a damn nice watch and like Imvicta, it's a great deal, though unlike Invicta, every Wenger watch is Swiss Made.

Yup Wenger makes good watches... They, however, were purchased by Victorinox in the mid 2000's. I think like 10 years ago.

Yup Wenger makes good watches... They, however, were purchased by Victorinox in the mid 2000's. I think like 10 years ago.

Thank You for the info, as I didn't know that. I usually only see them in Costco, and I've probably bought 3-4 of their watches. I'm glad Vic kept them alive because they fill a segment right below Victorinox's price point and that's nice to be able to get an attractive, dependable, durable Swiss watch for $100-225 in a jewelry store and $65-150 at a store like Costco.

Thanks again for the info!

My Best,

Richard

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1395879067' post='8958525']
Here are my daily beaters. 2 Invicta Pro Divers, Citizen Eco-Drive, and a Xemex. The Citizen is by far my favorite.

[attachment=2142557:DSC_0002.JPG]
[/quote]That Eco-Drive is sharp as hell. Very stylish. I bought their the Citizen Minute Repeater Limited Edition and can you believe that I lost the instruction manual and then I found it on the net, but for some reason, Nomatter how long that I leave the watch in light, it won't frickin run. I've had the thing for like 7-8 years, whenever that they introduced it and I've never been able to wear it. It's sharp with a thick burgandy leather deployment clasp.

Those Invicta's are sharp. Are those Swiss Movement or made?

Thanks for postin!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1395880813' post='8958735']
[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395880476' post='8958693']
Those Invicta's are sharp. Are those Swiss Movement or made?

[/quote]

They are the Japanese Automatic. The Xemex is Swiss made though.
[/quote]Yea, I bought my Bro a Xemex for Christmas. He's not really into watches but I couldn't stand what he was wearin. They've got a nice collection. Speaking of Japanese automatic movement, my first good watch that I purchased was a Seiko Japanese model 14k gold cap(14k gold front case amd st steel back), and I didn't care that it was 14k or called. It is two hands with a ceramic dial and 14k hour markers and hands. I lived that watch and I still have it and wear it. 38mm. It was all that I could afford amd my Buddy bought a Rolex Sub on his Visa but I just felt for something like that, if you couldn't pay for it one time, that day, you should t be wearing it. That's just me though.

Anyway, Seiko's luxury Line, Grand Seiko, for those not familiar, is akin to Lexus to Toyota.

Amazing time pieces, however at their price point, they compete head on with Rolex, amd sorta like Lexus vs Benz, and hell, Lexus probably makes a better vehicle than Benz, cuz my Buddy's only goes in for oil changes, and my finely engineered Benz is in the shop more in a year than his has been in three, LMAO. But he's always tellin people how great it is. I just figure if you're gonna drop $5500+ on a diver's watch, you shouldn't have to explains that it's not the Seiko from the department store, lol.

Have a good one.

Richard

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1395876978' post='8958271']
As to watches....I'm thinking of getting a Breitling Transocean. Simple stainless with a black face and leather with deployment clasp. Not their busiest model but a more plainly elegant watch.

Maybe someone will be a pal and post a pic....remember, I'm the guy that still can't get an avatar uploaded nor post a picture that is oriented correctly.
[/quote]Here ya go. The black dial, brown croc strap is gorgeous. I'm on the black/brown kick, lol. IMO, most elegant piece in Breitling's collection

Have a good one Bro :)

My Best,
Richard

[quote name='MrTmag' timestamp='1395860650' post='8956601']

I realize that most of the guys in here understand the difference between "Swiss Made" &amp; "Swiss Movement," though for those just perusing and/or are just getting familiar with watches/time pieces, I will briefly explain the difference.

First, "Swiss Made"

Those words started appearing on watches/time pieces in the late 19th century. There was one original law created, which delt with all Swiss products, though in 1971, a second part was added to the law, dealing strictly with watches &amp; clocks. In a nutshell, a watch/clock has to meet three criteria to be able to put "Swiss Made" on the piece.

1) The movement must be assembled in Switzerland. Included in this is what you may hear as the term "50% Rule" thrown around. All this means is that of the components used to make the movement, they must comprise at least 50% of the value of the movement, labor not included.

Have a nice day-

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friends,
Richard
[/quote]
[/quote]

I had an Invicta diver with the Japanese Miyota movement that was a tank. Very inexpensive but also very well made (even the links were 4mm thick) and ran like a champ. The Orient Mako mentioned earlier in this topic is another excellent, inexpensive watch.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x/KSig

I realize that most of the guys in here understand the difference between "Swiss Made" &amp; "Swiss Movement," though for those just perusing and/or are just getting familiar with watches/time pieces, I will briefly explain the difference.

First, "Swiss Made"

Those words started appearing on watches/time pieces in the late 19th century. There was one original law created, which delt with all Swiss products, though in 1971, a second part was added to the law, dealing strictly with watches &amp; clocks. In a nutshell, a watch/clock has to meet three criteria to be able to put "Swiss Made" on the piece.

1) The movement must be assembled in Switzerland. Included in this is what you may hear as the term "50% Rule" thrown around. All this means is that of the components used to make the movement, Swiss manufactured components must comprise at least 50% of the value of the movement, labor not included.

Have a nice day-

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friends,
Richard[attachment=2141847:image.jpg][attachment=2141847:image.jpg][attachment=2141975:image.jpg]
[/quote]

Richard,
You have an insane watch collection, but I love how you can appreciate a nice $80 watch. That's the true sign of a Watch Guy.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

I received an email from TAG Heuer this morning advertising their Monaco V4 Tourbillon and Carrera Calibre CH80.
Here's the Monaco. I think it has a great casual watch look.

Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5
Titleist 909F3 15.5
Nike VR-S Covert Tour #3
Mizuno MP-59
Miura Black Wedge Series 52,56,60
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395882460' post='8958915']
[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1395876978' post='8958271']

[/quote]Here ya go. The black dial, brown croc strap is gorgeous. I'm on the black/brown kick, lol. IMO, most elegant piece in Breitling's collection

Have a good one Bro :)

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

Thanks.....Can't decide between Black/Brown or Black/Black.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1395941324' post='8962519']
Can't decide between Black/Brown or Black/Black.
[/quote]Yea, It's an individual thing...(cough, cough) ;) ....black/brown....(cough, cough), LMAO

You can't go wriong with wither one :)

My Best,
Richard

These are from the "other" Swiss Maker of Army/Military watches, Wenger, which, as SB noted was purchased by Victorinox. Where as Victorinox puts "Swiss Army" on their dials, Wenger puts "Swiss Military" and while their price point is below The Vic's watches, these are none the less sweet watches for the price.

Again, I got these at Costco, and the Officer's Field Watch, on the right, was like $55-60 and the Field Chrono was $75-80 and the chrono function works great. Like Vic's, these are 100% Swiss Made quartz and they also have a Diver's watch that is water proof to 300 metets(1000'), amd it looks similar to the other Diver's out there(Rolly Sub) and is sharp and was $95($225 Retail) at Costco.

You can't beat the price for value and appearance for a Swiss Made watch.

I wear that watch on the right quite a bit. I think it looks great for casual.

Have a good one :)

Fairways & Greens My friends

[quote name='rustyputterguy' timestamp='1395938503' post='8962161']
I received an email from TAG Heuer this morning advertising their Monaco V4 Tourbillon and Carrera Calibre CH80.
Here's the Monaco. I think it has a great casual watch look.
[/quote]Yea, the Monaco was/is a great lookin piece. I saw a similar pic a while back of the Tourbillon, and while I love the look of the Monaco, for as you stated, a casual look, I don't know about droppin the coin for a Monaco Tuorbillon. I don't really understand why they didn't put the Turbillon into the Carrera. Now THAT would be kick *ss piece! That black/black is sweet lookin though.

Thanks for posting the pic!

Have a nice week-end

My Best,
Richard

[quote name='hogan234' timestamp='1395887365' post='8959421']
Richard,
I love how you can appreciate a nice $80 watch.
[/quote]Thank You very much for the kind words. Over the years, my enthusiasm and focus has waxed and wained, and the last few, well, other than getting some pieces together to liquidate for cash to pay my medical bills, well, I had other priorities, lol.

However, seeing this thread and talking and sharing this stuff with you guys, one, has been very therapeutic for me to take my mind off of matters at hand, and two, brought my attention back to a hobby that I can truly say that I love. Don't get me wrong, obviously, I love golf, however even in the forum, some times it can be taxing, lol, what with the "phenoms" and all. I enjoy posting in the golf side, though this is just more relaxing, if that makes sense.

Regarding a watch's price, I look at it that if money is no object, hell anyone can have a nice watch on their wrist. Ya just go into one of the high end jewelry stores in your city, look at some pieces, pick one, and drop the plastic.

But that's not the real world for 98% of the guys out there. And make no mistake, I'm in that 98%. As I said, the majority of these pieces were acquired pre-2009, amd I haven't purchased what you would consider a luxury piece since 2010. However I have more fun, and I look forward to my monthly trips to Costco to see what they have in the entry level price points. And it doesn't have to be Swiss. Seiko makes a great watch. And for you guys in the big cities(bigger than the Burgh, lol), check out the Grand Seiko line. Talk about precision. Just my opinion, but their movements blow away most of the Swiss and can easily run with ANY as far as precision. Their manufacturing QC is insane.

The funny thing is in my consulting I listen to CEO's and senior guys chirpin about quality this and quality that, and I went through the Grand Seiko watch making operations and I never heard them ONCE bring up quality. They just do it. Every piece. Every day.

The other thing is that along with some of the pieces that we've put up, I'd like those not that familiar with watches to see that, if they'd like to, they can buy a nice watch, be it Swiss or Japanese for far, far less than $1000.

But yea, I love watches, lol.

I guess I'm old school that way because I know a lot of the younger people don't wear them because of the time being in their phones, however I've always remembered what my Grandmother told me when I was about 12-13yo:

"You can tell a lot about a man by the shoes in his feet and the watch on his wrist."

And WTH happened to ChiTown?

Have a great week-end Bro :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

My Best,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395959483' post='8964563']
[quote name='hogan234' timestamp='1395887365' post='8959421']
Richard,
I love how you can appreciate a nice $80 watch.
[/quote]Thank You very much for the kind words. Over the years, my enthusiasm and focus has waxed and wained, and the last few, well, other than getting some pieces together to liquidate for cash to pay my medical bills, well, I had other priorities, lol.

However, seeing this thread and talking and sharing this stuff with you guys, one, has been very therapeutic for me to take my mind off of matters at hand, and two, brought my attention back to a hobby that I can truly say that I love. Don't get me wrong, obviously, I love golf, however even in the forum, some times it can be taxing, lol, what with the "phenoms" and all. I enjoy posting in the golf side, though this is just more relaxing, if that makes sense.

Regarding a watch's price, I look at it that if money is no object, hell anyone can have a nice watch on their wrist. Ya just go into one of the high end jewelry stores in your city, look at some pieces, pick one, and drop the plastic.

But that's not the real world for 98% of the guys out there. And make no mistake, I'm in that 98%. As I said, the majority of these pieces were acquired pre-2009, amd I haven't purchased what you would consider a luxury piece since 2010. However I have more fun, and I look forward to my monthly trips to Costco to see what they have in the entry level price points. And it doesn't have to be Swiss. Seiko makes a great watch. And for you guys in the big cities(bigger than the Burgh, lol), check out the Grand Seiko line. Talk about precision. Just my opinion, but their movements blow away most of the Swiss and can easily run with ANY as far as precision. Their manufacturing QC is insane.

The funny thing is in my consulting I listen to CEO's and senior guys chirpin about quality this and quality that, and I went through the Grand Seiko watch making operations and I never heard them ONCE bring up quality. They just do it. Every piece. Every day.

The other thing is that along with some of the pieces that we've put up, I'd like those not that familiar with watches to see that, if they'd like to, they can buy a nice watch, be it Swiss or Japanese for far, far less than $1000.

But yea, I love watches, lol.

I guess I'm old school that way because I know a lot of the younger people don't wear them because of the time being in their phones, however I've always remembered what my Grandmother told me when I was about 12-13yo:

"You can tell a lot about a man by the shoes in his feet and the watch on his wrist."

And WTH happened to ChiTown?

Have a great week-end Bro :)

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friend,

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

It's often our hobbies that help maintain our sanity during life's challenges. And your enthusiasm for watch collecting and knowledge is, well, pretty cool. I agree that anyone with the means can get the best and call themselves a "connoisseur". But there are so many fine, affordable watches out there to just limit watch collecting to only the high-end stuff.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

ProV1x/KSig

Speaking of Seiko...
Purchased in 1977 in the ship's store while on a Med cruise.
Still keeps great time and the alarm clock function works as well.
The alarm feature came in real handy when standing the mid watch and four to eights.

During a shipboard emergency I broke the original sapphire crystal and could not afford a sapphire replacement. It is plastic.

High end Speidel strap!

[attachment=2144389:Seiko1 007a.jpg]

PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17° / 910h 24° & 27°
Titleist 913Hd 20°
PING G25's 6-U KBS Tour - V
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56°
Callaway ProType ix 9ht

[quote name='esketores' timestamp='1395972294' post='8965919']
Speaking of Seiko...
Purchased in 1977 in the ship's store while on a Med cruise.
Still keeps great time and the alarm clock function works as well.
The alarm feature came in real handy when standing the mid watch and four to eights.

During a shipboard emergency I broke the original sapphire crystal and could not afford a sapphire replacement. It is plastic.

High end Speidel strap!

[attachment=2144389:Seiko1 007a.jpg]
[/quote]^^^Now THIS is cool as hell!!^^^

I have two similar looking pieces that don't have the alarm feature and I have to have the one repaired, though the other, with a black dial, looks great, and I wear it casually.

I also have the orange face Seiko Divers that I got at Sam's Club for like $150-175, and it's 300 meters WP and has the heft/feel of my Rolly Divers. I wear it when I'm at/in the ocean and I get more compliments compliments on it's appearence than I ever have on the Rolly.

If any of you are into Divers, I'd get it, absolutely. I believe it retails for $350-400. I got it long before the "Rickie Rage" with everything orange, lol, and the dial looks great.

Well, great lookin piece, thanks for postin :)

My Best,
Richard

This is a Dual Time Day/Date Patek(18k wg dial, markers, hands, case). What attracted my to it was, well, I love Dual Times/GMT's and don't know why cuz while I used to travel between zones when I worked for the consulting firm, I haven't for years and I don't really have anyone in another zone that I should know what time it is, lol. I just think the two faces looks cool, lol.

Also, this piece has Breguet hands, which were introduced by Abraham-Loius Breguet, founder of the storied house in 1775. And make no mistake, I would put Breguet right beside Patek as far as an understated, elegant time pieces. I realize that they may not fetch the coin that a comprable Patty would, however they are incredibly elegant, a Mizuno MP blade if you will.

A-L Breguet is also the inventor of the Turbillon. He also introduced a line of luxury writing instruments as a tribute to the writers who mentioned or featured Breguet in their works.

Their watches are often easily recognized by their coin-edge cases and their pomme hands, referred to as I did, as "Breguet hands," which are often copied, even by someone like Patek, lol. Very elegant look.

Anyway, I wear this casually with the tan croc strap though I do have a black strap that fits it.

And no, I don't have nail fungus, the yellowish tint is from the radiation, LMAO.

Have a great day :)

Richard