SCOR GOLF TESTING: It’s Your Turn to Test Like Iron Byron (10 testers needed). Apply here.

SCOR GOLF wants YOU to test for them. 10 GolfWRX Members are needed to participate in an official testing and feedback thread. Read a special message from SCOR below to find out how to enter.

FROM SCOR GOLF

In 2013, we conducted an independent Iron Byron test of our SCOR4161 44degree scoring club against the market leading cavity back ‘P-Clubs’. This test gave Iron Byron an opportunity to do two things it rarely gets to: 1) Hit a high-loft golf club and 2) hit it all over the club face.

The testers configured Iron Byron to strike the ball at five points in a 1-¼ inch circle on the clubfaces – high, low, toe, heel, and center - replicating the hitting patterns of most amateur golfers.

The results were definitive.

The SCOR4161 44 degree club proved 94% more forgiving and accurate than the cavity back equivalent. On a 5/8 inch high-of-center strike, for example, the SCOR4161 beat these clubs by a full 64 and 70 feet!

(See image below or click here for full test data.)

It’s this simple – Iron Byron proved that conventional wedges and modern set-match short irons are just not that forgiving or accurate. And that is costing you strokes every round. Now you have an opportunity to duplicate this test yourself and share your results with the entire GolfWRX community. If you’d like a chance to be one of ten GolfWRX readers who will “Test Like Iron Byron,” here’s what you need to do.

TO APPLY:

• Take scorfit (scorfit.scorgolf.com) to determine your optimum configuration, and submit the specs of your SCOR4161 "P-club" replacement in the forum.
  • Give us a few lines on how you plan to test your club versus the SCOR4161, and maybe even throw in a quick hypothesis/prediction.

We'll pick 10 people who apply to the above. You must be a resident of the US or Canada.

TO TEST:

If chosen, you agree to test your SCOR4161 "P-club" vs. your current Pitching Wedge in an official testing thread that GolfWRX will create. We'll need pictures and feedback to back up your testing.

The insight you provide could benefit all your fellow GolfWRX readers and soon have them all hitting it closer . . . scoring better . . . having more fun . . . and winning more often. Good luck!

Terry Koehler

President/CEO, SCOR Golf.

APPLY BELOW

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46*, 125-129 yds.

steel
firm
standard length, loft, 2* upright, 1 extra wrap

I plan to test the club just like they have in their manual. Hit some shots with both clubs with the face open, square, closed, and choked up. Depending on where I get to test, I would like to hit from various types of lies and turf.

An added bonus...[b]I live in Fort Worth![/b] I'll drive to them!

I have always had awkward gaps in my scoring clubs so I have had to create swings or shots to try to fit these gaps.

With a set that would be set up with equal gaps, it would be great to not have to manufacture shots.

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

46*, stiff steel, standard, with an expected distance of 129-133.

Interesting stuff in the full report. It would be replacing a Rocketbladez Tour PW that I have a lot of faith in on full shots but it's not very versatile. I have the standard PW-AW in my set along with an old Cally X forged wedge and Vokey 60. I would test them at my club's short range facility and on course. I have a laser rangefinder and a Flightscope Xi+ to measure results and produce a pretty conclusive set of data on which club is better for me.

SNEAK PEAK -[color=#000000]
Your Optimum Scoring System Solution:[/color][color=#000000]
[size=6]
44°[/size][size=6]
48°[/size][size=6]
52°[/size][size=6]
56°[/size][size=6]
60°[/size]
[size=3]
113-117[/size][size=3]
102-106[/size][size=3]
90-94[/size][size=3]
80-84[/size][size=3]
70-74[/size][/color]
Your Full SCORFit Report will show you several other Scoring System

-I tend to have too large of gaps right now which is probably why I am short and long all the time. Around the greens is not really an issue. I would test my fitting on full and half shots and compare through percentages how much I have avoided the too long or short shots.

[attachment=2213561:Untitled.png]

Since I work at a golf course, I have access to the facilities any time I want. I would take these clubs through the gamut. I would start on the range and go from half swing to 3/4 swing to full swing targets with each club. I would lock down my distances and fill the gaps I currently posses. I would then go to our large putting/chipping green and hit to all 9 holes from multiple locations. (I would take the most time here since I am wanting more variety in my chip/pitch options) Then its off to the course where I can come out early morning and/or late evening take a few balls per hole, per club and hit full shots, half shots, pitches, chips and bunker shots. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t have trackman (or similar) type data, but I would have real life, on course data to plug in.

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

48* P Club

Steel shaft, -1/4", stiff flex

I'd take it to the range and hit targets head to head with current P wedge, then take it to a course I play all the time and use it as my pitching wedge.

Thanks

MG

Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki Tour 73g Stiff
TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
Callaway PM 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.

Fit system has me 44 to 59 spread. My irons were custom fit to 2 degrees up but customizer said standard. Would like to know reasoning and if I may be playing wrong sticks. I have very good long game but am really missing scoring attack shots. Would love to get targeted test opportunities were I can throw 20 balls at various positions. The rocketbladez are forgiving but I want more accuracy than the spacing allows. Happy to test and provide detailed feedback. Curious on ways to take height out but with high swing speed (113 avg for driver) it's hard to lower flight.
Thanks
David Taylor

Optimum Scoring System Solution:
44 - 113-117
48 - 102-106
52 - 90-94
56 - 80-84
60 - 70-74

I would love to see how dialed in the SCOR system would be. I'm so ingrained in my current wedges with distance/flight, it would great to see how I can close the gap and cut down distance to cup even more with wedges that are exact.

[color=#000000]
42°[/color][color=#000000]
46°[/color][color=#000000]
50°[/color][color=#000000]
54°[/color][color=#000000]
58°[/color]

The course I am a member at is pretty shot, I get to hit a wedge into ever hole. I get to play about 2-3 times a week and would be able to give a review pretty quickly. Id love to find some great wedges to put in my bag.

Custom Built For: Corey
Hand: Right
Loft ​for 1​st: 42
Loft ​for 2​nd: 46
Loft ​for 3​rd: 50
Loft ​for 4​th: 54
Loft ​for 5​th: 58
Shaft​: Steel​ - Ge​nius ​12 KB​S Tou​r (12​0 gra​ms)
Shaft​ Flex​: Firm ​+
Shaft​ Leng​th: +1/4"
Lie A​ngle: 2 up
Grip ​Size: + 1 W​rap

The clubs would be replacing my 2013 x forged as well as vokey 50,54,60. I have always been a fan of blade like irons and not afraid to use a combo set to give more forgiveness in my long irons. At a 0.0 handicap, my strength is in my wedges. I feel like I have a ton of control with the 50,54 and 60, but when it gets to the pitching wedge, I do not have the precision of my other wedges. I feel that extending that precision to my PW and possibly 9i would be huge for my game. The confidence of knowing that my game is point and shoot from anywhere inside of 150 yards would help my game tremendously. I could hit 3 wood instead of trying to force a driver on alot of holes and thus save strokes.

Although I like my x forged, there are certain shots that I do not have with them. I struggle hitting the high cut with my 9 iron and Pitching wedge. I feel that i do not put enough spin on the ball to stop it close on a tucked pin. I believe that the precision that you get on a blade like wedge would give me that shot. My distance control is also not as good as I want it to be with 9 iron and wedge.

The testing procedure would be a head to head showdown between clubs of similar loft. I have a shag bag with 100+ pro v1's and a 140 yard practice area. My main focus will be on:

1) distance control
2) dispersion
3) Turf interaction (I have a tendency to get steep)
4) ability to flight the ball (up down left right)

All results will be recorded scientifically and the best overall in each category will win. I will post the results in whichever thread and be available to answer any questions.

Complete Overhaul In Progress (might be epic)
Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

"I read greens on a 3rd Grade Level"

43* 126-130
Steel​ - Ge​nius ​12 KB​S Tou​r (12​0 gra​ms) - Firm
Standard length/lie

My club has a 150 yard practice fairway/green. I'll start there after warming up on the range. Line up my current P-club and the Scor P-club. I'll hit a variety of shots multiple times and note all of them with both clubs (also taking care to note any immediately obvious differences).

Then I'll take the game out onto the course. Our course isn't super long and requires more shot making than anything. This gives a lot of opportunities to pull the P-club out. Even if it's just for bump and runs or 1/2 swings or the like. Each instance where I'd use the P-club I'll drop a 2nd ball and hit the shot with each (current vs the Scor).

Taking pictures and recording as much data as possible to help Scor prove out their Iron Byron testing!

Titleist 915 D3 9.5*
Titleist 917 F2 15*
Titleist AP1 4-5
Titleist AP2 6-P
Vokey SM6 52/58
Toulon Design Rochester

this could be a great start to helping me gain some confidence with my wedges. On full wedge shots I typically pull the ball and when I take something off I hit a pretty pronounced fade. So you can imagine what happens when I double cross myself... aim left.... go left-ier.

I would take this club to my range and then to the course. On the course, without holding people up, I would proceed to hit different shots that I encounter during a round or tournament. I would video and take pictures (except at tournament ;) ). To be able to have confidence in a short iron for me would be huge. I often find myself with longer putts or pitching from off the green and scrambling to save a par. While I have become decent at that I would rather have the luxury of trying to make a birdie and tapping in for that par. ;) don't we all.

Also, I would have no problem leaving my 3W in the car if I could find a wedge set that I have confidence in. Whenever I hit my 3W it is not the best decision.... typically I am 250 yds out on a par 5. Having a set such as SCOR that promotes tighter dispersion and better shots would be a blessing. Worse case scenario is that this makes me work on my wedge game more.....

Thank you SCOR and WRX for the opportunity

[attachment=2213643:scor.JPG]

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

I really like to flight my wedges and short irons as I generally hit the ball high and play in windy conditions. I have been doing this for 20 years now and rarely hit full wedges as I'm wildly inconsistent unless down wind. While my wedge play and short game is a strength going through the fitting made me wonder. If the SCOR clubs do as they say could I actually hit full PW, GW, SW, LW and not rely so much on feel of flighting my short clubs? That could be HUGE to my scoring and confidence.

To test this I would practice as usual with flighting my current set but compare to full swings at the same yardage with the SCOR. Which is more consistent? Based on work and family most of my Golf is limited to playing with my young son. That means I'm playing Par 3 courses much more than full courses. I see that as a perfect place to test the SCOR set vs. my current Vokey wedges. Between range sessions and Par 3 play I feel confident I could determine how this tests out.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Ping G30 10.5 Oban Devotion 7
Adams 4060 14 Fuji Pro95
Adams Tour Proto 19 Fuji 904HB
Bridgestone J33 Combo 3-9 Proj X
SeeMore FGP
Vokey 48, 54, 58 KBS Tour

My neighborhood muni is a perfect fit for a new scoring PW. It has turf conditions varying from marsh to hardpan, It's got various lies from tight fairway lies to unhackable US open style clover rough. Uphill and Downhill approaches, And an old Ross design so elevated greens that require some precision. I'll be in the two ball category, current PW vs. SCOR. Plus, maybe I'll get to see a bit of the tech going into the new Hogan's I'm looking forward to playing in the not too distant future.

I'll be taking the 47* with a PX6.0

Taylormade R1 10.5/N/X-stiff
Sonartec 14* SS1.5
Callaway Razr X-Forged 3-PW
Callaway Razr X-Forged *50 AW
Scratch 8620 53* and 56*
Titleist SC Bulls Eye
WITB Link

44-48-52-56-60

I would give the P club a great test in varied conditions here in the desert. Good opportunity to see how it performs from the fairway and from the hardpack desert sand.

Nike Covert Tour w/ Accra Tour Z 65
TM RocketBallz Stage 2 w/ Accra LT70
Adams Dhy 18 w/ Nunchuk
Nike VRS Forged 4-GW, DGX100
TM ATV Wedges 56* and 64*
Odyssey Black Tour #2

44*
Standard Length
Standard Lie
+2 wraps

I'd be testing these during normal rounds and during practice. It would be my second go around with SCOR wedges, as I've played Eidolon wedges previously. I really liked the heads, but didn't care for the shafts that were in them and ended up giving them to a friend instead of just reshafting them which I wish I would've done.

While the sole remains the same, I think the muscle on the back is bigger on these wedges than they were on the Eidolon's.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

I would test the SCOR 45* against my Adams CB3 PW on the course, from the kinds of lies that I normally encounter in muni golf land (not good ones!). Right now I'm using my PW for full shots 99% of the time. Honestly I think the SCOR will have a hard time displacing my set's PW, because it's one of my favorite and most reliable clubs on full-swing shots at about 135 yards.

The one area where I think there could be a benefit is on 1/2 swings--I've never found my cavity-back short irons to be very reliable distance-wise on 1/2 swings or pitches. It's why I switched out my CB3 gap wedge for a 50* Vokey earlier this year. The results so far have been great, and it would be interesting to see if the same concept works on the 45* wedge.

My PW replacement would be a 45* SCOR, steel shaft, stiff flex. Standard length, lie and grip size. If possible, I would want the wedge with a DG S300 to match my current setup.

[attachment=2213763:Untitled.jpg]

Thanks SCOR and GolfWRX!

47* (117-121 yards)
Genius 12 KBS Tour (120g)
Firm Flex
+1/4"
1* Flat
Standard grip/build up

Living close to the Golfsmith HQ practice facility allows for extra time to be spend testing this club against my current set PW. I could practice aiming at different targets, and attempting both high and low shots. On the course, I would easily be able to hit both clubs against one another as I usually play off peak hours when little course traffic is present.

score.JPG

Testing would be done on the range and in actual rounds where I'd be playing two balls. My hypothesis is that these would help my game within 120 yards and give me the confidence to attack the pin and be more accurate. The PW and AW that came with my Taylormade Burner 2.0 set don't give the feel they're consistant all the time on every shot. That is what I'm looking for. Thanks GolfWRX and SCOR Golf for the opportunity.

Callaway Epic Mini driver- 12.5* (Epic head, Mini Big Bertha shaft- Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 S)
TM Burner Superfast 2.0- 3 wood 15*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid (UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 S)- 18*
Maltby DBM (KBS Tour S)- 4-GW
Bridgestone J15 wedges (True Temper DG Spinner)- 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select

[url="http://www.scorgolf.com/scor4161/scor4161-matched-set-of-five/"]SCOR4161 Matched Set of Five[/url]
Custom Built For: Chris
Hand: Right
Loft ​for 1​st: 42
Loft ​for 2​nd: 46
Loft ​for 3​rd: 50
Loft ​for 4​th: 54
Loft ​for 5​th: 58
Shaft​: Steel​ - Ge​nius ​12 KB​S Tou​r (12​0 gra​ms)
Shaft​ Flex​: Firm ​+
Shaft​ Leng​th: Stand​ard
Lie A​ngle: Stand​ard
Grip ​Size: Stand​ard

The "P" wedge out of the above is a 46*. I would test it in practice and in play head to head against my current Adams CMB PW, using full shots and half and 3/4 shots (my favorite), as well as chips and pitches around the greens.

This actually would come at a perfect time for me, as I just found out that my old Vokey Spin Milled sand wedge is not conforming to the USGA's 2010 groove rules anymore, and I plan on playing in some USGA qualifiers later this summer so I'm looking for a new set of wedges to buy. If I am chosen and I like the PW, I would likely add a gap and a sand wedge at the very least into my bag. I'm not brand-loyal and am looking to improve my performance in scoring areas - I go with whatever works best. I hit the ball a fairly long way so I've got short iron / wedge in my hands a lot of times over the course of the round. I'd love the opportunity to try out SCOR wedges and pit them against what I have now!

(edited to format the info from SCOR better)

Ping G425 Max, 12* set to 13.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 R
Ping G425 Max 5 wood, 17.5* set to 18.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 S

Titleist 818h1 23* set to 24*, Project X Evenflow Blue S

Ping i210 4-UW, Nippon Modus 105S, Black Dot
Titleist Vokey SM7 54* 14F, 58* 12D Wedge Flex
Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

47-51-55-59
Left hand
Genius 12 KBS 120
Firm +
Standard L/L
+1 wrap

As a player that likes to flight my scoring clubs lower I am interested in putting tees to the test. I am a wedge guy... I need to really love a wedge in order to keep it in my bag and these past couple years have been a crapshoot. I hit almost all my approach shots from within 150 yards so every round of golf I play could be a test against my current clubs. Playing in top state am events and USGA events, hitting the ball in the correct vicinity to the hole is crucial. I can also get on trackman to backup the results with data. If these wedges truly perform the way they are described they could potentially take my game to a whole new level. Thanks for the opportunity.

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Your Optimum 5 Club

Scoring Game Prescription

scor43.png

scor47.png

scor51.png

scor55.png

scor59.png

43°

47°

51°

55°

59°

149-153

134-138

119-123

106-110

93-97

I play the Tour Preferred MB irons in my short irons and PW right now and really enjoy them. The lofts on my 9 iron and PW are the same as my SCORfit at 43* and 47* so I could give a great head to head test. I play atleast 2 rounds a week and hit a lot of ball at the range and on the short game area as well. I would love to pass on my insight for your product and test it out!

I play wedges at standard length and lie and prefer a midsize grip. Thanks for the oppurtunity

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

43*
135-139

47*

122-126

51*

108-112

55*

96-100

59*

84-88

My pw is strickly for that 110-130 gap and I am not as consistent as I would like to be there.

Using my 50* GW I can get 110 with a full swing, but I use this club for everything <100 outside of bunkers.

If I get a sot inside of 50 that I need to stop I use the 60*

In the bunker I'll use the 54 or 60 depending on the lie.

I would test the club send to me side-by-side with my current at the range and then play a few rounds where I can reload on the course and hit shots with both clubs.

P - club:
48* 127-131

To test this club I would do the following:[list=1]
[*]Start at the range hitting 5 shots each with my current P-club and the Scor 48 with different ball flights. Low, med, high, recording the average dispersion for each group of 5 shots.
[*]I chip with my P-club when I need less carry and more roll so I would test the Scor club again chipping groups of 5 shots and averaging the results with both clubs
[*]Back to the range (or maybe on course) I would compare the two from non-fairway lies. Buried in the rough, sitting up in the rough, fairway bunkers, hard pan.
[*]Finally I'd play a round with just the Scor P-club to get a feel for my personal confidence in it.
[/list]

Nike SQ Tour 8.5 Aldila NV X
Taylor Made TP MB Irons
Taylor Made TP Rac 54, 60
Scotty Newport 1.5