2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SCOR GOLF TESTING: It’s Your Turn to Test Like Iron Byron (10 testers needed). Apply here.

I'm a lefty and getting the correct gaps with has proven to be a challenge. I have had my eye on SCOR for sometime now and it would be a thrill to actually test them.

I would take it to the range and get use to it. Then I would put it right into the line of fire. Any short game shot I would take I would take two. One with my current P-club and with the SCOR.

I would image that having the full allotment of wedges with proper gaping would improve my play tremendously. currently my P-club is 45deg and my next wedge is 58deg. It would be a luxury to take full wedge swings from less than 100 yards

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wedge makeup (RH):
47*
35.75"
63*
DGX100
4 Wraps

Set makeup:
47* (136-140)
51* (120-124)
55* (106-110)
59* (94-98)

I played a Taylormade RAC 48 from 2003 until 2011 as my MP37 PW never agreed with me when I purchased the set that year. Fast forward 11 years and I'm still playing the MP37's but have gone through a couple 47-48* options with mixed opinions and success. The Taylormade was great but not surprisingly the grooves were pretty much gone (a problem when using a PW :russian_roulette: ) and I wanted to move into something conforming. I first tried the Cleveland 588 forged; nice club but just wasn't for me. I then moved on to the Callaway Forged 48* which I loved the shape and feel but the spin was non-existent. For the last year I have used a Scratch 1018 Forged 47* that is fantastic one day and miserable the next. The club feels great and looks fantastic at setup but can sometimes have issues with shots slightly off the toe. In a nutshell, I'm still looking for a great non-set PW to complete the bag.

I use my PW, depending on the course, anywhere from 8-15 times a round. A full shot with the 47* is around 145 yards but I will use the PW from the full distance to knock downs from 115-120 to, my favorite shot, a 125-135 yard high cut. Every other shot I hit with a 5-10 yard draw so a cut is a beautiful shot in my eyes. Around the green I'll use it for standard bunker shots over 40-50 feet as well as run out chips and pitches. So it is pretty much my go to club during the round and it's a club that I need to have a lot of confidence in.

How I would compare the Scor wedge to my current Scratch 1018 is basically everything described above. I like to feel comfortable in hitting a variety of shots with each wedge (open face, closed down, open cut pitch, etc.) so I practice a lot of different lies and face angles during a practice session or round. I try to get out to the range 2 times a week anymore and play every other week.

Thanks again for offering up another great opportunity Scor and Golfwrx!

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

[color=#F11E22][size=2][i]
- SNEAK PEAK -[/i][/size][/color][size=6]
Your Optimum Scoring System Solution:[/size]

[color=#000000]
43°[/color][color=#000000]
47°[/color][color=#000000]
51°[/color][color=#000000]
55°[/color][color=#000000]
59°[/color]

149-153
134-138
119-123
106-110

I would put it to the test on the range, on the course and on the practice green
93-97

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Setup is

43-47(P)-51-55-59
(Lefty)

For testing, I have access to multiple practice facilities and track man. I'd ideally test everything from ball speed to spin rates on track man.

On course, I'd hit shots from varying lies with the club face open, square and closed. I would also give feedback on distance differences between full, 3/4 and 1/2 shots, as well as bunker play and chipping.

I'd also like to test the wedges with a few different tour balls to see the reaction from each from the rough, fairway and sand in both wet and dry conditions.

Overall, I would put these clubs to the test in every category. Spin, feel, forgiveness, dispersion, durability, trajectory, and versatility from every lie I can come across.

If picked I will do my absolute best to give you a great review in every detail. Thank you for the opportunity!

Edit: Type-o

48* stiff steel +0.5" lie is 2* flat. I play every day and at my home course I have a pitching wedge in on 5 out of 9 holes on the front 9. Have had scor clubs in the past but I believe that my lofts were not propper compared to what scor fit told me. I would compare to my scratch ar-1 pitching wedge as well as my Gigagolf m510 pitching wedge.

P Club - 47* 126-130 yards

Recommended shaft was Genius 9 Firm+ flex.

To test, I have a friend that is the pro at a local course and has access to Trackman. Would put this wedge up against my current wedge both on trackman and then on the course as I tend to use my PW for most of my approach shots on my home course as well as about half of my chips.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

My "P" club is 47* (122-126) with a Genesis 12 regular flex steel shaft. I'd love to put it through the paces at the local course, where I routinely play a couple of times a week, if not more during the summer months. I have access to a wonderful par three course, where 7 of the nine holes require wedge approach shots. One of the weakest parts of my game right now is wedge play, so imporvement, if any, would be easy to track statistically. Thanks for the apportunity!

P club - 46*, estimated distance 133-137.

This set up would be a departure from what I'm used to. I currently play 50, 56, 60* wedges because I found that I got the distance I wanted from a 50* wedge versus a 52.

I have three kids aged 3 and under. I barely have time to play, let alone time to sit on a trackman and take readings on every single shot. Besides numbers are overrated. For this test, I'd take it on course and hit shots from the appropriate distance vs. my current PW and judge on distance control, feel, spin and most importantly proximity to the hole. If on average, better spaced gaps and this wedge can knock it closer than my gamers... well then sign me up.

[attachment=2214065:Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 12.01.07 PM.png]

My ScorFit assesement is:

42°
46°
50°
54°
58°
GENIUS® 10in Firmflex Shaft

My Testing Scenario:
Multi stage testing on a short Par 3 hole on the practice course at my club after warming up on the range.
I would use the ScorFit Method for both the Scor P Wedge and my Current P Wedge hitting 5 shots with each, in each of the different hand positions recommended and go measure distance to the flag i am aiming for after the 10 shots (using balls numbered 1-10 for each shot)

I would do each of these tests off the tee, off of flat tee box turf, from an area that is grassless on the tee box, from the rough around the tee box on all 4 sides so I hit from a different angle (Up hill, Down hill, ball below my feet and ball above my feet), measuring distance after each of the 10 shots (5 with Scor and 5 with current) for each scenario and tracking all measurements for shots on an Excel spreadsheet. (left, center, right, long, pin high, short). I will have a friend stand near the green so we can mark the spot the ball lands and track the distance the ball checked, spun or ran to final location.
I will also hit balls for each club off of the toe, heel, high and low on club face to see if i come up with similar findings as the Iron Byron.

Second stage would be to move increasilngly closer by 5-10 yards and hit shots (3/4 swing, 1/2 swing etc) and track how the club hits and distances to pin. I would continue doing this until I get to chipping distance where I can track the chipping accuracy of the clubs.

Third stage testing would be to play several practice rounds on slow days, every shot that I take with my normal P wedge, I would hit a second ball with the Scor P wedge. I would alternate which club I use first each time. (1 Scor then usual, 2 usual then Scor, 3 Scor then usual, etc)
I would track the score for each ball i played so I can calculate total score for the round based on each club. I would also track estimated distance to pin after the shot, and how many putts each took from that distance)

Once completed with all testing scenarios I will write a review based on my findings including the excel sheet for the Par 3 hole I run all tests on, and the score cards with the score for each club. Also will discuss feel of club, grip, talk about whether or not a feel the V Sole was a benefit or not based on the shots I take compared to my usual P wedge with a standard sole.

My expectation is for the Scor P Wedge to have closer shots in each shot scenario, as well as leading to less putts during the round. I will assume to shoot a better score than with my normal P wedge by 3-4 shots.

Thank you so much for the time and I hope I am chosen to be one of the testers!

Daniel "TwoWolvez"

[attachment=2214097:2014-05-07 10_23_29-ScorFit.jpg]

I'd test these clubs at my home course that's a link style course with very firm greens. I tend to use everything from a 60-7iron around the greens, so i'll be particularly interested to see how these affect my chipping/pitching game. Right now, I use a P/52/56/60 setup. Because of this setup, I tend to take a lot of 1/2 and 3/4 swings, so my hypothesis would be that I'd end up taking more full swings because of the smaller gaps.

Thanks!

[attachment=2214123:ScorFitReport.png]

---------------------
Test Suite:
---------------
1. Get P-Club distances on various shot types excluding any outliers that fall beyond +- 3 standard deviations of the data set
1a. Full swing shots ( Lo, Median, Hi )
1b. Half swing shots ( Lo, Median, Hi )
1c. Quarter swing shots ( Lo, Median, Hi )
1d. Rollout distances on chip shots ( Lo, Median, Hi )
1e. Shot height ( Lo, medium, Hi )
1f. Shot shape [ expected (draw/fade/straight ) vs. actual ( D/F/S/Hook/Slice ) ]

2. Get current PW distances
2a. Full swing shots ( Lo, Median, Hi )
2b. Half swing shots ( Lo, Median, Hi )
2c. Quarter swing shots ( Lo, Median, Hi )
2d. Rollout distances on chip shots ( Lo, Median, Hi )
2e. Shot height ( Lo, medium, Hi )
2f. Shot shape [ expected (draw/fade/straight ) vs. actual ( D/F/S/Hook/Slice ) ]

------------------------------------------
Record the data over {x} days:
--------------------------------------
Day 1:
Day 2:
Day 3:
---------------------------------
Compile total averages
-------------------------------

----------------------------------
Final Thoughts ( How did the club feel, am I going to replace my current gamer, etc... )
-----------------------------

And there are probably one or two missing data points to record that I forgo to mention, but you get the idea.

Anser 9.5 - fuji 6.2 tour spec
G25 16.5 - fuji 7.2 tour spec
2013 Anser 3-PW
tour gorge 52ss / 58ss
WITB Link
<3 my Machine putter!

This sounds like an awesome opportunity and a fun little project to test out!

[attachment=2214195:Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 12.46.33 PM.png]

P-club: 46*, Genius12 Firm flex shaft, 1/4" long, 1* up, standard grip.

I would test these ideally over the span of about 2 weeks, both on the range and on the course, hitting various distances and trajectories with each club. I practice every day, so there would be plenty of time to really see how these clubs perform. Additionally, I already track my proximity to the hole for all approach shots, so I would have some solid data to compare my results with. I would be surprised if SCOR's PW performed better than mine, as that is one of my strongest clubs in my bag. However, my 51* and 56* wedges are not as firmly planted in my bag, so I would be very curious to see how the added forgiveness of SCOR's wedges compare here. If proximity improves significantly, I'd be sold! Thanks for the opportunity!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Pitching Wedge= 47* loft, Genius 12 in firm+ flex, -1/4 inch, 1 degree flat, Standard Grip.

To test I would go onto the range and golf course comparing forgiveness, distance control, trajectory control, and overall workability. These Scor clubs look really interesting and I would love to give them a shot.

TM R15 w/ Matrix 6m3 s
TM RBZ 15* w/ UST VTS silver 7x
Ping Rapture DI w/ Fuji Speeder 9.8 TS s
Ping s55 3-W w/ CFS x
Vokey SM5 52*, TVD 58* w/ s400
Piretti Cotton Wood II

Very interesting, I am intrigued. My P-wedge replacement would be 46* (133-137 yards). Genius 12, Firm+, -1/4" length, 1* flat, standard grip size.

I'd spend a lot of time at my local range hitting balls and comparing, as well as game the club(s) at least a couple times to see how they perform. I hit balls every day and hit a course a minimum of every two weeks, so I could get a decent sample size fairly quickly. I play to approximately an 11 handicap now.

My full setup:
[attachment=2214339:SCOR.png]

41, 45, 49, 53, 57

For testing, I'd probably take each club down to my local par 3 course/goat track. I'd hit ball over water, skip across the water, hit into bunkers, and focus on scrambling in general. From there, I'd nail down the right distance and precision required of each p-club around the greens.

After dialing it in, I'd probably call Augusta National and see if they have a tee time available for me to really see how these bad boys perform. Assuming they are booked up, I'll probably kick it around the home front and take down a local municipal track - and hopefully set the course record.

In all seriousness, these are some good looking clubs.

[color=#000000]
[color=#F11E22][size=2][i]
- SNEAK PEAK -[/i][/size][/color][size=6]
Your Optimum Scoring System Solution:[/size]
[size=6]
41°[/size][size=6]
45°[/size][size=6]
49°[/size][size=6]
53°[/size][size=6]
57°[/size][/color]

49 degree P-club for me. Standard L/L/L with standard grip.

To test, I would play both clubs side by side out of multiple lies (shot and long rough, fairway, fringe, wet and hard ground if available). I would test accuracy, dispersion, and overall flight over multiple rounds during different times of the day. Being from Iowa and playing on a lot of hard clay courses as well as more traditional courses would give the opportunity to test most of the possible conditions that any golfer would run into. Lastly I would play a few rounds with just the P club to see how it went into play during normal round conditions and situations.

Like many, my recommendation was 44/48/52/56/60. The 44° P Wedge would be great, but not sure the rest would be a perfect fit for me b/c I go down to a 64° at the moment and it's my favourite club. Turn those 4° gaps into 5s and I'd be thrilled. Right now I actually go 45/50/55/60/64 and it's almost perfect 15 yard gaps (my current PW is just a bit under 15 so the extra degree strong would probably have me at 15). I'm a supply teacher with a membership at a club with a range membership and I often play by myself during off-peak times so would have a ton of time to compare. I'd hit the range regularly to compare, and when playing on the course with no pressure behind I'd hit both clubs on any requisite shots. As well, my miss is off the toe and/or high on the face, so I could easily compare the 2 (Nike Pro Combo PW) on off-centre hits. As well, my course tends to be windy, which causes me to hit a lot of low shots, so I could easily compare performance in that situation as well. Great idea here guys, good luck to those chosen, I look forward to some great comparisons!

43, 47, 51, 55, 60

I'd test the SCOR wedges against a bunch of different wedges..

1) My set of Callaway Xhots has a P/G/S.
2) I had a scratch 60 that I just retired
3) I have a Vokey SM5 that is my gamer now
4) I have a MackDaddy 2 in my basement that is next in line

All of them would get full range sessions at the grass range....50 balls with each for a full swing, for a half swing, a pitch and a lob...over the course of a week. Toss out the top 10 and bottom 10 for each club and each swing. Measure, with the laser range finder, the distance, and the distance off center...

Put together a spread sheet with distance and dispersion of each wedge and compare....

Ultimately, however, the final comparison is on the course... Each one would get two rounds, unintererupted....with all shots recorded as either GOOD or BAD. From there, between the off course and on course, I'd see which are best fits for me.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[attachment=2214385:Screenshot (3).png]

It would be a steel shaft regular flex club.

The yardage listed is longer than I normally hit my Adams P wedge. I would have to compare the clubs side by side to see just how much farther the Scor club traveled. And distance means nothing without accuracy, especially with this particular club. As a old guy, I don't hit it long so I look to make up for that with accuracy.

41°
45°
49°
53°
57°

157-161
141-145
128-132
112-116
99-103
I would be extremely excited to test out Score as I have been following the brand for almost a year now. I would test these of course by playing - used for full swings and when I prefer that clubs trajectory on pitches and chips. I would also take it to the range plenty. I have access to a trackman through a friend that I would use - this would allow me to get the data on full swings, half swings, open face, closed face, amount of spin I can add/take away, and anything else I'd need to know. if the testing all goes well I would replace all my Cleveland wedges with Scor (probably that same day)

Here's what works for me according to Scor Golf fitting:
[attachment=2214531:Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 6.50.53 PM.png]

I will test this set up against my current set up if I am lucky enough to have the opportunity every Saturday and Sunday when I play. Plus We go out after our normal sunday morning rounds to practice anyway so this will give me ample time to try out all the different SCOR clubs in all the different conditions my home course has to offer. Thanks for the chance to improve my short game and get even more consistent with clubs having same degree's of loft between each club from 8 iron to lob wedge.

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

- SNEAK PEAK -[color=#000000]
Your Optimum Scoring System Solution:[/color][color=#000000]
[size=6]
43°[/size][size=6]
47°[/size][size=6]
51°[/size][size=6]
55°[/size][size=6]
59°[/size]
[size=3]
140-144[/size][size=3]
126-130[/size][size=3]
112-116[/size][size=3]
99-103[/size][size=3]
87-91[/size][/color]
I would spend time on the range hitting a variety of shots ( high and low as well as with roll and with spin). Then I would go to a course I know gives me a great deal of PW approach shots where I could employ all the shots I've practiced in a real situation. That would tell me exactly how a scor PW compares to my current PW.

Titleist TSi3, 9.0*/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 75 x stiff;
Titleist TSi2 13.5*/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Black 85 x stiff;
Titleist U505 3 iron/ PX Hzrdus RDX Smoke 90 x stiff:
Cobra Forged Tec 4- PW/ KBS C Taper 120 stiff/ hard stepped once;
Vokey SM9 50*F/TKBS C Taper 120 x stiff;
Vokey SM8 54*D/ TT DG s200;
Vokey Custom Grind 58*T/ TT DG Tour Issue s400;
Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"; Titleist Pro Pro V1

Wow the scorfit was some interesting reading. I have dropped my handicap from an 19 to a 8.2 in the last two years. Most of this gain has been with fixing my long game and putting. I have decided to drop to the next level my short game is going to need some consistency. I feel with that I can drop another few strokes. Scor seems to be on the right path with this.

Right handed, SCOR4161 Matched Set of Five
Custom Built For: Ian
Hand: Right
Loft ​for 1​st: 41
Loft ​for 2​nd: 45
Loft ​for 3​rd: 49
Loft ​for 4​th: 53
Loft ​for 5​th: 57
Shaft​: Steel​ - Ge​nius ​12 KB​S Tou​r (12​0 gra​ms)
Shaft​ Flex​: Firm
Shaft​ Leng​th: Stand​ard
Lie A​ngle: Stand​ard
Grip ​Size: Stand​ard
Change

Callaway Rouge LS

CobraLTDx 3 wood

Ping 425 4 hybrid

Ping iCrossover 18*

Mizuno 923 Forged 5-pw

SM9 50/56/60

Ping Kushin4

[url="http://www.scorgolf.com/scor4161/scor4161-matched-set-of-five/"]SCOR4161 Matched Set of Five[/url] Custom Built For: teddy Hand: Right Loft ​for 1​st: 41 Loft ​for 2​nd: 45 Loft ​for 3​rd: 49 Loft ​for 4​th: 53 Loft ​for 5​th: 57 Shaft​: Steel​ - Ge​nius ​12 KB​S Tou​r (12​0 gra​ms) Shaft​ Flex​: Firm Shaft​ Leng​th: Stand​ard Lie A​ngle: Stand​ard Grip ​Size: Stand​ard
I'd test them by playing them just as i would my wedges.

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

I play multiple courses in the area that have a variety of turf conditions. With the increased consistency, I'd like to try to play some of the par 5s to that distance and then try to score using the new Scor "P" replacement club. It would be great to see if I can get more birdies doing that compared to leaving myself midrange approach shots with shorter wedges.

I also play in windy conditions frequently so increased control of shot shape is extremely important to me.

[attachment=2214739:Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 8.57.05 PM.png]

[color=#ff0000]From your SCORFit Report, we know your lofts, shaft and even your specifications. Behind SCORFit is the industry’s most comprehensive database of iron specifications – 700+ makes and models and growing daily. So we can reconcile the variances in standards from brand to brand, and make sure your SCOR4161 Precision Scoring System is perfect [b]for you[/b]. From your report, your specifications for SCOR4161 are as follows:

Length Adjustment: -1/4"
Lie Adjustment: 1 FLAT
Grip Size: Standard

No one has ever given this much attention to the scoring clubs, but this precision prescription, and the technologies that make up the SCOR4161s, complete a formula that puts your ball 21 feet closer to the hole time and again.[/color]

If chosen, I would plan to use this club around the greens and within 120 yards. I would test it in all different lies and situations against my current clubs. I play at least a few times a week so it would get a lot of use. I would prefer the 44 degree for testing purposes.

Thanks