John Feinstein is an idiot

Diesel_z06

I'm friends with the Feinstein family and John is awesome. I could have a conversation with him for hours. The entire family is full of golf lovers and great people. Really sad to see what has been said about him on here.

My parents taught me a lesson that went something like this..Defending a man you've never met just makes you look silly but judging a man you've never met makes you look like an idiot

I'm not judging his personal character, I'm judging his TV personality where he, and you can pass this on to him if you like, behaves like a complete and total ****.

I hardly think judging the public persona of a public figure makes me an idiot, it comes with the territory and anyone who has an issue with that shouldn't put themselves in the public eye.

Edit: removed some of the snarkiness because you've always been a good guy, just didn't like the last line of your comment.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm friends with the Feinstein family and John is awesome. I could have a conversation with him for hours. The entire family is full of golf lovers and great people. Really sad to see what has been said about him on here.

My parents taught me a lesson that went something like this..Defending a man you've never met just makes you look silly but judging a man you've never met makes you look like an idiot

I'm not judging his personal character, I'm judging his TV personality where he, and you can pass this on to him if you like, behaves like a complete and total ****.

I hardly think judging the public persona of a public figure makes me an idiot, it comes with the territory and anyone who has an issue with that shouldn't put themselves in the public eye. Maybe your parents should have passed on that tidbit as well.

But I'm glad he was nice to you at a barbecue.

So..you're judging him. There's no need to pass it on to him, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't care. My parents have done alright with what they taught me as well. And thanks! It's a weird concept I know..getting to know the guy and making a judgement afterwards. Which in my case was positive. I understand not everybody has to like him but you could at least make an interaction before spewing such nasty comments.

* I should also note my original post in this thread was in no way directed towards you. I read the thread title and just gave a personal account, my experience. Which would definitely vary from someone who only watches him on tv or reads his work

That only applies to private life. When you choose to put yourself in the public eye, for money, you open yourself to criticism.

I hardly think judging the public persona of a public figure makes me an idiot, it comes with the territory and anyone who has an issue with that shouldn't put themselves in the public eye. Maybe your parents should have passed on that tidbit as well.

So..you're judging him. There's no need to pass it on to him, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't care. My parents have done alright with what they taught me as well. And thanks! It's a weird concept I know..getting to know the guy and making a judgement afterwards. Which in my case was positive. I understand not everybody has to like him but you could at least make an interaction before spewing such nasty comments.

* I should also note my original post in this thread was in no way directed towards you. I read the thread title and just gave a personal account, my experience. Which would definitely vary from someone who only watches him on tv or reads his work

Throw a party and introduce him to everyone then. Other than that, how do you expect everyone to interact with him?

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Throw a party and introduce him to everyone then. Other than that, how do you expect everyone to interact with him?

@JFeinsteinBooks

He's pretty active on twitter. Ask him something

I'm sorry but this comment just doesn't make any sense (and yes, I know this is in response to my unedited original post where I was kind of aggressive).

He's a public figure, why am I (or anyone else for that matter) not allowed to criticize his public persona which he puts out in the universe to be consumed by the public at large? And why is my opinion about that public persona limited because you had a good experience with him in his personal life?

I'm glad you like the guy, but I don't need to meet him to formulate an opinion about his public self, and I'm not going to be censored just because you like the guy behind the guy who is on tv, that's absurd.

I'm free to judge anyone I want, if this is an issue he shouldn't put himself out there, and if he doesn't care as you say then he doesn't need you defending him.

@JFeinsteinBooks

He's pretty active on twitter. Ask him something

Seriously? You're telling people not to judge him until you interact and you suggest Twitter? social media is probably the worst way to form an opinion of somebody LOL kids

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

LOL kids? What is that about Jasonic? isn't that a direct interaction? Or another suggestion is write him a letter I suppose but that takes a while. They are both a direct interaction. Better than watching him talk on morning drive or golf central where he's not talking to you directly

Write him a letter? I'm guessing most of us couldn't care any less what he's like in his private life.

LOL kids? What is that about Jasonic? isn't that a direct interaction? Or another suggestion is write him a letter I suppose but that takes a while. They are both a direct interaction. Better than watching him talk on morning drive or golf central where he's not talking to you directly

Sorry don't do twitter. Facebook friends arent real friends either. Deducing a persons personality using social media is a fools errand.

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Sorry don't do twitter. Facebook friends arent real friends either. Deducing a persons personality using social media is a fools errand.

Okay whatever you say. All I was getting at was a lot of people on here have opinions they want everybody to know. that is TOTALLY fine. That's what this website is for. But some of the hate, not just to JF but other people is ridiculous. Its disrespectful and kid like. There's plenty of people I don't like, but doesn't mean I'll go around with nasty comments about them, but that's just me. If we can't agree on that one point then there's really no point in me continuing to engage in this childish conversation.

As for you not using social media that's great

What grade are you guys in?

Amirite, jasonic?

I did that for you. Well done!

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

What grade are you guys in?

Amirite, jasonic?

This thread was golden though since I resurrected it. lol

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Can't wait to read Feinstein's book about the 2016 Ryder Cup. It's supposed to be out this fall.

I find his books hard to read. Jumps around too much (for me). Starts a storyline, then continually breaks off on different tangents. Gets to the point at times that I'm not sure who he's talking about.