Best shot you have ever hit?

Idris789

I was lucky enough to be stationed in Japan and played tons of courses out there. My best shot I've made was a near ace.

Tama Hills Golf Course
Hole 7 - Par 3 - 142 yds on the card

I was with a few of my buddies we were all having a pretty week round. We were all joking about how we were ready for some jumbo dogs at the turn. I read the card at 142 yards. The pin was dead center of the green that day and plays uphill about 15 feet. I pulled my 7 iron out. I stroked the ball. I didn't even watch it because I knew it was going to be good. I heard some guys start clapping on the green right behind us (it was also above us by quiet a bit). My buddies hit their shots and as we were getting in our carts the gentlemen on the previous hole pulled up behind us. After exchanging "hellos" and how's your round going we were about to leave, when one of them mentioned "someone nearly had a hole-in-one." Considering the last hole was a 350 yard par 4 with the green protected by a deep bunker, it would be gutsy to go at the pin, that and it would take a monster hit. Sounded cool though.

We left, drove down the hill to the green. As we pulled up, we all noticed the ball that was 2 inches from the hole. We all joked about how someone had left a ball from the last group. I walked to 1 of the balls that I thought was mine, call my friend over to let him know that was his. He was standing over the ball by the cup. Asked me if I was playing a Nike. That's when it sank in, the guys at the tee box were letting us know that I had almost hit a hole-in-one.

Like the champ that I am, I continued to three-putt that sucker. Not really. Glad I didn't, I would still be hearing about that today if I did.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky enough to get picked by Mizuno to play in the JPX Invitational. It was at the 8th hole, a Par 3 that was playing at 185 yards. I pulled my tee shot and got a really bad bounce and it ended up above the hole in some pretty deep rough. I was about 50 feet from the Pin and had a downhill chip to a green that was sloping away from me and I had to hit it over a bunker. I grabbed my 56 and opened it up and hit the best shot of my life. The ball landed right in the middle of the Fringe bounced forward about a foot or so and gently ran out and ended up about 3 feet from the cup and with my hands shaking I made the putt for Par which made the previous shot so much better. That's a shot I will never forget.

#Mizuno
#PlayFamously
#TeamJPX

I might as well share. I'm playing so bad I need something to get my confidence up

Last year at interclub I was 2 up after 16. Pushed my driver on the other fairway. Opponent goes straight down the middle. He plays first and hits it to 20ft. I have a shot with a little head wind I try and play a lower shot with a slight cut with a 5 iron. The shot comes out exactly the way I wanted and ends up 10ft away. He misses and I miss too. But I won.

I shot my best shot while probably playing some of the worst golf all year.

About 3/4 years ago I was in a high school golf tournament in Cadillac, MI. If I had to guess I think 5/6 if not all 6/6 of my first tee shots went O.B. forcing me to recover on every single hole. Then on the 7th we came up to a par 3 that said about 155 with an elevated green and you could barely see the top of the pin. By this point I was wishing I was in school so I went up with a "**** it, it can't get much worse" attitude... grab my 7 step up, no practice swing and hit my first good looking tee shot of the day. I figured at least this one was in play and hopefully even on the green. When we finally walked up to the green I come to find out my ball had actually landed just under 3 feet from the pin! I then managed to proceed to accidentally tap my ball while setting up, miss the first real putt, and come away with a bogey... :swoon: Needless to say this is probably the first and only time I'll ever tell this story...

Ping G30 LST 9*-----------Project X LZ Handcrafted 6.5
Nike Covert 2.0------------Motore 8.2x
Nike Covert 1.0-------------Kai'li 80x
Adams A12 Pro 4-P------- KBS c-taper x
50* Nike Engage SS-------DG TI S400
54* Nike Engage TS-------DG TI S400
58 Nike Engage DS--------DG TI S400
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14

I was tied for fourth in d flight of a tourney on my home course. I hit my best drive of the day on a dogleg right par 5, to 200 yards out. I had a great look at the green from there, up a steep hill, and the ground was like concrete due to dry conditions. I hit 5 iron, and flushed it, it hit at the top of the hill and took off like a rabbit. I figured it had went over the back, which drops straight down, but it was sitting on the green about 30 feet or so past the hole. I jokingly told the guys in my foursome, that I'd made the same putt several times before and it was an easy eagle. Well, I gave my best guess and somehow hit the center of the cup with plenty of speed to spare. We all figured even If I didn't place, no one else in D flight would get an eagle, so at least I'd get some skin money. As we were waiting on the next tee box one of the leaders, yelled "eagle!" as he chipped in from 40 yards off the green, on that same par 5. :black eye:

I think the best I can remember is one from Dismal River. Second shot into a par five, the right part of the green where the pin is located is fronted by a large hill. To get the ball close you really have to move it left to right. Hit a four iron really well and cut it right around the corner. Ball rolled up to about six or seven feet. Of course I missed the putt.

It stands out to me because I have a lot of trouble moving the ball left to right, it's a rare occasion when I pull it off correctly.

Top 2.
Senior year of HS 2nd hole of the conference meet. 240 uphill par 3. Hit a 5 wood to about 3 feet above the hole. Lipped out the birdie put and rolled 6 feet down the hill. Took a 4.

Many years later playing as a guest at a local private club I never thought I would get on. We get to a 342 yard par 4. The member we were with urges me to go for the green. I hit a high draw that lands on the front of the green and leaves about a 40 footer. Had a tap in 3.

Playing in a big cup scramble tourney first hole 130y out and slammed one into the 15 inch KFC chicken bucket hole for eagle! We were playing as an 8-some and all the guys knew each other and all very competitive. My team tackled me into the fairway bunker and we ended up winning a $250 skin for that shot.

[quote name='PAmatt83' timestamp='1423708751' post='10935773']
Beautiful course called Pilgrims Oak in south central Pa, think it was hole #6, par 5. Tee off to a blind fairway. I Crack 1 dead ahead. Drive up, look in the middle of the fairway, there was my ball. Haven't done that since
[/quote]Nice course do you ever play Tanglewood ?

Tanglewood should b my home course, live 5 mins away. But iv only played it once. Only got to my 1st course in August of last year, so Iv played the low key courses, just cause I didn't wana b hacking all over. Play the Host alot cause it's not to busy. Tanglewood n Pilgrims Oak r beautiful courses. But I'm still barely breaking 100 at the moment, so I hope to see more of both of them this year.

[quote name='Gmen1204' timestamp='1423845180' post='10945891']
Beautiful course called Pilgrims Oak in south central Pa, think it was hole #6, par 5. Tee off to a blind fairway. I Crack 1 dead ahead. Drive up, look in the middle of the fairway, there was my ball. Haven't done that since
[/quote]
Love the screen name btw, Odell baby!

Wouldn't call it the best shot I've ever hit...but certainly a top 5. I've been working on getting my swing on plane this winter after being horribly flat for quite some time and it seems to be paying off...in the last month I've hit 3 Par 3's to within 1 foot...and now I have a 50 yard chip in for Eagle on a Par 4....apparently this thing called "practice" really does help...I guess I can throw away that "Allen Iverson: Practice Like a Champion" DVD.

A few years ago, myself and 2 buddies were playing in a cash-prize best-ball & scramble tournament in the fall months (October). We were playing an uphill par 3 where the green was more wide than long. Since it was a competitive tourney, the pin was placed all the way to the right side of the green, over a bunker with only about ~15 ft of green to work with if you took that line, and severe slopes both right, short and long of the green

I've always been a drawer of the golf ball, so it took a bit of convincing to get after the pin in those circumstances, even though I had the help of my partners. I eventually took dead aim and grazed the flagstick, settling for a birdie and a skin, which recouped some of the eventual losses that we incurred during the day.

TaylorMade M4 (9.5*) -- w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+60 (X-stiff)
TaylorMade M1 3HL (17*) -- w/ UST Mamiya Proforce V2 7F4 (stiff)
Titleist 913F (19*) - Mitsubishi Diamana BB S+ 72 (stiff)
TaylorMade Tour Preferred (4-PW) -- w/ TT Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist Vokey SM6 M Grind (54*) 
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60*)
Odyssey Stroke Lab - One - w/ Super Stroke Flatso 2.0

Best shot I've ever hit: 12th hole at BNGC in Fairmount IL, 2009 club Championship. We had just made the turn, I was leading the tournament at the start of the round an had been caught by the turn ( wasn't playing bad, just the guy behind me was on fire ). I had just birdied the 10th to take the lead back , but had followed it up with a double on 11 ( had to take a drop when my tee shot ran through the fairway and under an evergreen. Anyway now I'm down a stroke and PISSED! The 12th is a short, drivable par 4 (325 yards) with a pond left all the way down the fairway. My opponent hit his drive and was about 80 yards out. I hit a red a$$ drive that I over cooked left ( but long! ) I ended up nearly pin high on the side of the 13th tee box. 12 is a elevated, crowned green, extremely difficult to hit, let alone get a shot close. To add to the difficulty I was on A sever side hill stance. I took my lob wedge and hit the best shot of my life. The ball landed 3 ft short of the pin, hopped, hit the pin and stopped 1" from the cup. Tap in birdie and tied for the lead. I would go on to win the CC that year by two shots. I've had a hole in one, and holed out iron shots for Eagles but given the situation and pressure I was under at the time. That 35yrd lob wedge shot in the 2009 CC was the BEST shot I've ever hit.

Titleist 915D2 PX Hzrdous Yellow 63G Stiff
Titleist 915F15 Diamanna Stiff
Titleist 915H 19 Aldila Rouge Stiff
712 CB/MB PX 6.0 (4-PW)
Cold Forged Vokey Wedges (52,56,60) S200
Richards RT-1 Tour Hand Stamped 1of1

It was a couple years ago now, but remember it like it was yesterday. It is the 5th hole at Victory Links in Blaine, MN, a sister course to the TPC. It's a par 5 playing just over 500 yards. I hit a great drive middle left of fairway. Pull a 4 iron for the 215-220 left, pull it dead left OB! I take my drop right away, hit the perfect shot that clips the edge of the trees in front of green on left side. Go up to look, not on green, not over green, grab wedge and putter because it must be short. Walked past the hole and looked down to see my ball! So, what would have been my first Albatross ended up being another birdie. That pull left haunts me today!

330 yard par 4. Just made the turn in a threesome. My fiance is playing with us and she hits from the forward tees, and I have the honor. The other guy swings by the clubhouse to refill his tea, so I go ahead and tee off. He pulls up, and asks if I already hit, and I say yes. He asks where I went, and I told him I was putting for eagle (I was actually 90 yards out), and he laughed. We get to our balls, and it's my turn. I hit a beautiful wedge shot that lands just short of the pin and rolls in for eagle. He is up by the green when I hit it, and he was yelling for it to go in as it rolled to the hole. He still tells everyone to this day that I called the shot from the tee box.

[quote name='PAmatt83' timestamp='1423849650' post='10946385']
[/quote]
[/quote]Never heard of The Host had to look it up I live in BelAir so at least two or three times we head up there played Pleasant Valley last year I wasn't impressed.

[/quote]
[/quote]Odell is the man get Cruz back next season could be dangerous.

[quote name='Gmen1204' timestamp='1424116030' post='10964979']
[/quote]
[/quote]Never heard of The Host had to look it up I live in BelAir so at least two or three times we head up there played Pleasant Valley last year I wasn't impressed.
[/quote]
Never played Pleasant Valley.. if u make it up again, let me suggest obviously pilgrims and tanglewood, but crossgates in millersville is a pretty cool track. The Host is run down. But perfect for some1 looking for some pratice time

[quote name='PAmatt83' timestamp='1424122743' post='10965817']
[quote name='Gmen1204' timestamp='1424116030' post='10964979']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Never played Pleasant Valley.. if u make it up again, let me suggest obviously pilgrims and tanglewood, but crossgates in millersville is a pretty cool track. The Host is run down. But perfect for some1 looking for some pratice time
[/quote]Geneva Farms is like that near me I will go there and play nine as a solo to work on my game.

[quote name='PAmatt83' timestamp='1424137775' post='10967653']
I played there end of last year. We had snow cover up here, so called around MD to find an open course. Think it's hole 12, long par 5, that was snow covered, rest of track was playable. Nice layout. Pretty beat up, but that was expected for the time of year
[/quote]12 doesn't get much sun could be a good course but usually greens are in bad shape.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1423659483' post='10930401']
I think the best I can remember is one from Dismal River. Second shot into a par five, the right part of the green where the pin is located is fronted by a large hill. To get the ball close you really have to move it left to right. Hit a four iron really well and cut it right around the corner. Ball rolled up to about six or seven feet. Of course I missed the putt.

It stands out to me because I have a lot of trouble moving the ball left to right, it's a rare occasion when I pull it off correctly.
[/quote]
I wanna play Dismal River sometime. Maybe someday I'll be back. lol

I can certainly pick out the best shot I hit last summer, It doesn't have so much to do with the shot, but more of the situation and the match I was playing. It came on the 17th hole at a local club, a short par five with a creek that comes into play if you block it down the right, well anywho I put that thing in the creek on the right. I was dead, I spent time looking for any window, I was 1 under at the time and the match was tight, I didn't want to lay up and have to get up and down for par from 150 yards. Well I find a window in line with the hazard and the pin. I'm 230 to the stick and have to hit a sort of bullet cut through the a hole in the woods smaller then a volkswagon and hope. I pulled it off, I ended up hole high a foot off the fringe, nearly holed out the chip for birdie and tapped in for par. If you saw the hole i had to hit this thing through you'd understand.

Some years ago, when I was playing mp-60 with some satin Px
A par 3 into the wind, a 143 yard hole that day, everyone's hitting 7 iron, I pull a 8 and the ball tore up a spot, and spun back to within an inch of a hole in one. Oh well

Cobra ZL Encore 8.5 Matrix 6Q3
TEE CB4 tour 15 RIP 70 Sigma
Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo
Mizuno Mp-53 4-pw DG progressive shafts
Odyssey Black ProType 10 Sm 4.5 TP ball
Mizuno raw haze 50, 56 Scratch 60

290 yard par 4 uphill about 50 feet up a severe slope to a green protected in the front by bunkers. Normally hit 6 iron and have about 90 yards left in. wasn't playing particularly well so decided to test my luck and try for the green. Pulled out driver and hit a high draw that pitched on the top of one of the bunkers and rolled out to 10 feet. then proceeded to make the eagle putt.

La Mirada country club hole#4 par 5, I believe 510 yards. Drove the ball down right fairway, 2nd shot pin slightly downhill i flushed a 4 wood straight at the pin 230out with sun in my face. I walk up the green and can't find my ball so i walk behind the green thinking i over shot it. Still cant find my ball after walking 360 degrees around it. Hanging my head low and bummed out i walk to the pin and see my ball in cup with damage to the rim of the cup. No bounce slam dunk albatross! 14 years of golfing and no hole in one.

I have two to put here. One of them was pure luck, the other i was actually trying to do.

The lucky one was one of those boneheaded punch shots through a crapload of trees. Im probably 120 out and i cant go over the trees because theyre right in front of me so i say screw it! Punch a 6 iron through the trees just trying to get close to the green. Ball gets through the trees bouncing on the ground, hops about 10 feet up onto the green and rolls about another 15 right into the hole. Eagle.

My legitimate best shot was a 215 yard par 3. Painfully close to my first ace, but i took a 5 wood and hit the most beautiful draw ive ever hit, ball lands at the front of the green and rolls about 2 feet past the hole. Missed the birdie putt naturally, but the tee shot was amazing.