Best shot you have ever hit?

Idris789

My best shot was a par save. I was having a really good round. I was 1 over with 3 to play. I was really excited for a chance to shoot even or under par with a really strong finish.
I stepped up to 16, a 460 yard par 4 with trees to the right and o.b. left. My tee shot was a pull that put me right next to the o.b. fence. After the ricochet, my tee shot might have gone 260. The only second shot I had was a chip backwards into the fairway.
I then proceeded to hit my 5 iron to about 2 and a half feet, saved par and saved my round. I ended up 1 over for the round but it could have been real bad.

M1 440 9.5* Rogue Silver 60X
Epic 15* Rogue Silver 70S
Titleist D.I. 18* CTaper 130x
Apex MB KBS CTaper 120s (hs)
Cleveland RTX 2.0 53*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Fastback
TP5

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Sunday arvo with the old bro on my bag I tee up on a 387 meter par four. I gave it everything (wind on my back) thinning it 1 yard off the ground down the footpath to 140. Still a little red faced I grab a 9i and repeat the exact same shot except 1 foot off the ground all the way and it runs up the the green smashing into the pin and some how going in for a 2. The bro looks at me and says dude, thank *€%^£ you haven't gotto draw pictures lol

1 wood
3 wood
Blade irons
Sand wedge
Putter
A round white golf ball

Mine happened today. 14th hole at Bandon Crossings. Downhill par 3, about 140 yards with a crosswind from left to right. It crosses a hazard with a carry distance of about 115. The pin sits about 6 paces on, so I pull 8-iron. I tee up and take my practice swing and a half. I have been playing like more garbage than usual, but I am focused on my tempo. Address the ball and realize it is teed up to high and I adjust it down. Address. Back, through. Solid contact. Look up and it is all over the flag stick. I think it may be long but on the dance floor. Then it comes down. And hits the fringe, bounces and stops. 30 inches right of the flag. Made the birdie putt. Shot 24 on the last 4 holes. *WORST WRX'ER EVER*

I accomplished two goals in one swing today. Scored my first eagle and holed a wedge shot from the fairway! Played at Lakewood CC and the magic happened on hole #13. Hit 3 wood off the tee and cut the corner for a 330 yard drive into the fairway. I had 100 yards left and flushed a 56 degree wedge to 1 ft behind the pin where it spun back and in! I've had close calls before but never have have I seen the ball disappear like that. Pretty fun day.

Ping G400 Max Tour 65s
Titleist 917F2 15* EvenFlow 6.0
Titleist 917F2 18* Diamana Blue S
Titleist 818 H1 4H, Titleist 913 5H
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW with PX 6.0
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Phantom X5.5

I will chime in for my best shot I have ever hit. Not like anyone cares, but still fun.

It is a tie for me between two shots that happened at the course I use to belong to.

The first was on a par 5. I was 245 out in the rough and hit a 5 wood to 6 inches. I had to cut the corner of the dogleg with trees and the green was blind from where I was.

The other was my first hole out from the fairway. I was about 100 yards out and hit a perfect 52* wedge, took the slope to the hole and dropped. I was playing with my dad and he was more excited than I was.

I will add a third I just remembered, but this was more of a product of where I was playing and the conditions. It was the summer in Texas (which if anyone knows the fairways get hard and fast). There was a 20-30 mph wind behind me too. I hit my drive 397 on a 600 yard par 5 and then hit 6 iron from 200 out and made eagle. It was my longest drive to date. Boy I miss that R7 Superquad.

#11 on Sawmill (now Stillwater Oaks) 440ish yard par 4 I holed out from the fairway a couple years ago.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

When I was about 9 I remember digging a hole in my parents yard and putting a stick in the middle of it. I don't know the distance but it was probably around 75 yards or so. Can't remember the club either but the ball went only about 3 feet above the ground and it rolled into the hole. Haven't come closer than 5 feet to making a shot that far out in the 18 years since...

The other day though, on a par 4 about 240 yards to the middle of the green I hit the perfect power fade with my 5 wood off the tee and it rolled about 10 feet past the hole. Missed the eagle of course but made the bird. Historically have not been great with woods so I consider that my best shot and that newly acquired scuffed up v-steel will not leave my bag for many years to come.

Par 4 dog leg left. Tight Fairway lined with pines both sides out to about 240. Pines on right side extend out about another fifty yards, turn and line the fairway up to the hole. I hit a baby fade out about 270 (including roll) right into the middle with a clear look at the pin. Pin sat about 160 away from the first shot. I nail it with a 7 iron (yes, I only hit a 7 iron 160. This will probably crash the WRX server) and it lands about 2 feet from the cup. Ball stops on a dime. First birdie.

20th hole of match play. Hit my tee shot OB on right. Hit my 2nd tee shot almost OB on right - into a stand of Oak trees. My opponent hit the fairway with her tee shot. Nothing but a huge hill and a stand of of Oaks between me and the green. There is an opening if I aim 40 yards to the left of green and hit a huge fade. It's 170 yards uphill to the center of the green. I open up the face of my 7 wood and nail it. My opponent was stunned. She missed the green, hit her chip shot poorly and 3 putted for a 6. I made my 20 footer for a 5 and the match. I went on to win the Tournament.

Knuth High Heat Driver - 12
Callaway Big Bertha Driver -12.5
Callaway Big Bertha 5 and 7 Woods
Ping K 15 irons
Cleveland Halo 3, 4 and 5 Hybrids
Ping MB Wedges - 48, 52, 56 and 60
Edel Custom Wedges - 50, 55 and 60
SeeMore Black Gunmetal MFGP2 CS Putter
Edel Custom Putter

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing at the club where I'm a member and on the 5th hole, a 435 yard par 4, I hit a pretty nice tee shot down the middle of the fairway. My second shot I totally shanked to the right and it ended up behind a group of trees near a cart path, about 50 yards from the hole. My only two options were to hit it backwards towards the fairway to try to hit a sky ball over the trees, which were about 40' tall. So I pulled out a loft wedge and aimed it over the trees, hit the shot and it landed a couple feet short of the hole and it rolled right in for a birdie (one of the few times I've ever birdied this hole). Pure luck of course, but one of those rare times when my shot did exactly what I tried to do. I downloaded this image from Bing Maps showing about how it worked.

[quote name='rlconklin' timestamp='1427308387' post='11214269']
I was playing at the club where I'm a member and on the 5th hole, a 435 yard par 4, I hit a pretty nice tee shot down the middle of the fairway. My second shot I totally shanked to the right and it ended up behind a group of trees near a cart path, about 50 yards from the hole. My only two options were to hit it backwards towards the fairway to try to hit a sky ball over the trees, which were about 40' tall. So I pulled out a loft wedge and aimed it over the trees, hit the shot and it landed a couple feet short of the hole and it rolled right in for a birdie (one of the few times I've ever birdied this hole). Pure luck of course, but one of those rare times when my shot did exactly what I tried to do. I downloaded this image from Bing Maps showing about how it worked.
[/quote]

PRO-TRACER FTW!

I play so bad, but it feels so good!
WITB Link

The one today at the Range, never felt so good to hit a ball.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

I have had several lengthy hole outs over the past 22 years but this one was the longest and most meaningful one of the bunch.......

November 1997 our college golf coach rather unwittingly decides that we are going to play an 18 hole stroke play qualifier to determine the 5 guys that will play in our 1st tournament in the spring of 1998 I am playing terrible and am 3 over through 6 holes.. Hole 7 at Mint Valley Golf Course is a fairly short dogleg right par 5. I nut my drive through the fairway into some rather fluffy rough. For my 2nd shot I have 222 yards uphill and semi blind and into a very stiff wind to the middle of the green. Luckily my ball is sitting up in kind of a "cupcake" lie. I pull out my purple shafted and purple headed King Kong driver I had bought off of a Golf Channel infomercial and swing as hard as I possibly can. For some reason I semi looked away when the ball was in the air so I never really saw it. We get up near the green and search almost everywhere for my ball. The 5 minute rule is in danger of being imposed by my playing competitor so I tell him to check the hole. He tells me I am crazy but he does it anyway. He looks down at the hole and yells Holy Shi*!! I think it's a cruel prank so I walk over there myself and sure enough it's my Titleist Tour Balata sitting in the bottom of the cup! It was my 1st and only Albatross of my life. Went on to make the traveling squad by 1 stroke.

My best shot was actually 2. I pulled my drive left into the trees and was forced to punch out. I hit a perfect snap hook between a 1 yard gap in the trees, and it rolled out perfectly onto the fairway. I had about 65 yards left, so I pulled my 60* and hit a nice low spinner that took 1 hop and dove right into the whole for a nice birdie.

Best ever came last summer.....Bradshaw Farms in Woodstock, GA. White 9, #2 Par 5....hit driver, then 22* hybrid in for a 2! Ball was on a small downslope after the drive and right before I hit it I said to my playing partner, "this is either going to be really good, or really bad". Hit a solid shot, got a good hop, and it rolled in.

Second best....Stonebridge in Rome, GA...#9, Par 5, hit a 4 wood 235 over water to 15 feet in a stiff wind (look at the flag in the photo) made the eagle putt for a front side 35....shot 68 that day.

[attachment=2683841:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1427593900.516861.jpg]

[quote name='jdg2494' timestamp='1427593937' post='11237497']Best ever came last summer.....Bradshaw Farms in Woodstock, GA. White 9, #2 Par 5....hit driver, then 22* hybrid in for a 2! Ball was on a small downslope after the drive and right before I hit it I said to my playing partner, "this is either going to be really good, or really bad". Hit a solid shot, got a good hop, and it rolled in.

Second best....Stonebridge in Rome, GA...#9, Par 5, hit a 4 wood 235 over water to 15 feet in a stiff wind (look at the flag in the photo) made the eagle putt for a front side 35....shot 68 that day.

[attachment=2683841:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1427593900.516861.jpg][/quote]
Nice shot. Stonebridge is my home course. Dumped many in that lake going for it in two. Made a few Eagles as well.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

For sentimental value I would go with one during my first summer playing golf in 1993. I had a set of my dads late 70's early 80's blades (was there anything but blades back then?) that I used when I started playing. I holed out for an eagle on a par 4 from around 100 yards. Probably hit like a 7 iron or something, man those things were brutal. That shot helped me fall in love with golf.

This was always one of my favorites, from ~145 out. Ended up eight feet from the pin of course ...

ecb20216b86fe9ac999d452e891b77c0.jpg

This one just happened on Saturday at Pinehurst #1. 8 iron, 159 yards according to the laser. Hit cup on a fly, sounded like the pin exploded and the ball and something else flew up in the air. Popped the ring right out of the cup. Made the birdie though.

IMG_20150328_114556723.jpg?_subject_uid=37458779&w=AAA19uPh9Zcglf6aQwem0pOdZvk0H06zv-JxQxPazws7hg

• 2 weeks later...

After my big brother's wedding, me and another groomsman met friends of mine from Jacksonville that just happened to also be in Charlotte. We meet at some course south of Charlotte. There was a hole - 200 yards, over water. The groomsman hits his in the water. I laugh and he bets that I'll hit mine in the water too. The bet - $1.

I hit the purest little 7w with a baby fade. Before it hits the ground, he's saying - "Get in.. Get in!"
The ball stops 6 inches from the cup. I take his $1 and drain the most nerve racking birdie tap-in I've ever had.
I hear my buddy in the cart saying - "Watch him miss it."

Then I told everyone that I wasn't trying to make a hole in one because I was broke!
If I did make it, we would've went to the truckstop and celebrated with an 18 pack of Natural Light - (unless they had something cheaper)...

Have lots but it was my first hole in one for me.164 yards out par 3, a 5-8 cross wind w/ a 7 iron, tittliest ball.I stepped to the lift side of the markers w/ the wind L to R and just when i heard the sweet sound of contact i knew it was good, it landed and rolled right into the hole,my buddies and i didn't say nothing till one of them said,Club house now your buying ! lol ,,got a little trophy and my name on the wall,it cost me over $75 to buy for the whole club house players who were in there,I did not care...loved it

Easy one for me. Been playing golf about a year or so when the King Cobra Offset woods came out, had the green heads on them (probably 96 or 97) its been a while. Playing at Cabarrus Country Club in Concord, NC on the 18th hole. Long par 5 hit a good drive and knew I could get there, of course I was wrong. Pulled the 5 wood, set up and swung as hard as I could. Ball goes backwards through my legs about a foot off the ground and hits a guy in our group on the other side of the fairway right in the calf. He hits the deck in pain. I am looking because I don't know where the ball went and he doesn't know where it came from. Once we realized what happened and he was okay we laughed about that for years.

I kinda have 2. The first was a cut 5 iron from 207 through a hole in the trees over water to a par 5 green. Didn't make the putt for eagle, but my buddy still talks about that shot. I just swung really hard, lol! The other was an up and down 30 yard flop shot, also through a hole in the canopy of multiple trees (notice a trend in my game?) to a pin that was short sided just over a bunker. Tap in distance. Same basic strategy as the 5 iron. Swing real hard.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

Honestly I can't remember. So I'll go by the best shot I have hit this year. Par 5 510 yards. Hit a great drove leaving me 210 middle 196 front. Pin was about 5 paces on the front and I was going to hit a 5 iron. Decided to go with a 6 for some reason, bit of an uphill lie and just felt it. Struck it pure, small 5 yard draw to about 3 feet, it just stuck. Sunk the eagle putt.

Before anyone says something about yardages, I play TaylorMade jacked up loft irons. So my 6 is really a 5, etc.

Playing in a big tournament in Hawaii tied for the lead on 18. Had to chip in on 18 to send it to a playoff. First playoff hole, Holed my second shot from 153 yards for a walk off victory. Oh wait... That was Sei Young Kim last Saturday holing out to beat Inbee Park. But I have watched that shot so many times and I actually had a dream that I did that. What a finish that was, wow!

Mine was against a guy at my club. He was a real cocky SOB who for some reason loved letting people know how good he was. ( he was a d II golfer at the time) So one day he is going on about how he is the best player at our club and in the area. It got to be pretty absurd, and at one point he said he would play for anyone for any amount of money any day.
So in front of half of the guys at our club I said "I'll play you for $100 right now." He couldn't have said yes any faster. Our games were fairly equal but I really don't practice much anymore so I am pretty inconsistent. Well long story short all of the guys get in their carts and come watch us play. We are even coming into 18 which is a par 5. I am 55 yards out in two and he is about 20 yards out. He has a pretty good short game so I know that I need to get this up and in. Well I didn't get it up and in, I jarred it for eagle! It landed a few feet past the whole and spun back in. (Which is funny because I don't spin the ball very much.) the guys went crazy as did I. It was absolutely incredible.

I've got two. First I was 17 had played maybe 4 rounds of golf in my life. Playing a scramble with a family friend against my dad and our friends father in law. Par 3 200 yards. For some reason I had a 1 iron in my bag. Nailed it to within 3 feet. Second was last season playing with my dad and another friend of ours. Dropped a 50 foot eagle putt. Still replay those in my head.