Best shot you have ever hit?

Idris789

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to call it my best hole, really. 535yd par 5, perfect drive, perfect 4 iron and made the 10 foot putt for eagle. As an aside, I play with a couple plus cap guys and one dropped an eagle on top of me. I got ribbed a bit for it but it was my first and best eagle because I played the hole perfectly... and a plus-2 eagling on top can't take that away from me.

4AD1BEC7-C2F7-4EC3-BD80-53C62FA7507A_zpsjpplgrrg.jpg

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

In the summer of 1993 I had 235 (225 to carry a bunker) into a par 5. I hit a driver off the deck with a high baby draw that landed 10 feet left of the pin. I remember it like it was last summer. Unfortunately i didn't make the put

Driver: Founders Club Fresh Metal (original)
Shaft: Brunswick Precision Graphite
Ball: Maxfli Balata 90

You young guys might not think much of a carrying a driver 235, but 20 yrs ago before pro v's and titanium heads it was a heck of a shot. :D

slight down hill approach shot so you can see the whole green front to back on a 420 yard par 4, 2nd shot came from 155 to center, pin cut back right which makes its hard for me. I have a normal draw, plus the fairway slopes right to left so having a stance where the ball is a couple inches above my feet. hard 8 iron with aimed right edge of the green, had some help from the wind pushing from the left to right to hold the ball from over cooking to the left and then... SLAM DUNK!!! a very loud but sweet sound as the ball collided with the pin and cup at the same time, bit of damage to the edge of the cup. ill never forget the sight of the ball disappearing into the cup from the sky.

Funny I come across this thread because I just posted about this on Facebook a couple days ago when I hit it.

It was at Butterfield Trail here in El Paso, TX. 510 yard par 4. I duffed my drive into a waste bunker left. I got lucky it was up against a boarded wall (maybe a wind barrier). I got to take a drop, and had 270 yards to the flag. I proceed to hit what I call my best shot ever. I hit it on a frozen rope, the ball hit maybe 2 or 3 inches behind the flag and rolled out to about 15 to 20 feet. I missed the birdie putt with a lip out. Something about this course, I always shoot well.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Mine by far was at Welshire golf course in Aurora CO.

Hole 1 par 5. Midway through the hole is a hill that your driver will normally end up on. I hit the backside of the hill giving me an extra 50 yards off the tee.

Left me an 8 iron to the flag. Hit a small draw right at thr flag. Hit about 2 feet from the pin then bounced up and hit the pin sending the ball 10 feet from the flag.

Birdied it.... but I was soo close to an albatross that I really dont care that I two putted after hitting the flag.

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

289yd par 4, downhill. I usually just hit my hybrid in there and a little 58 degree wedge in. I was feeling ballsy so I hit driver in for an eagle chance. Why not right? Hit a beast drive, nice and high, lands soft and rolls in the hole.

Total luck but just boss none the less.

Playing alone... nobody saw it. :(

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

It was a bogey actually. I was playing in a local tournament at Inwood GC in Joliet Il. 2nd hole is a short 327 yard Par 4 dogleg left, green surrounded by water. There is a slot opening you have to reach to have a clear shot into the green. There is a huge willow tree short and I could easily drive through the fairway with a 3wood. The wind was blowing hard in my face and I didn't get enough club to get clear of the willow. I had two options. Either lay up short and try to hit a 40-50 yard pitch close for Par or hit a big hook around the tree to basically an island green.

This was the first time I had my son with me in a tournament. He was driving the cart as my caddy. I discuss the two options. He's like, "Dad, easy Par 5 next hole, hook it!" So I pulled my gap wedge, hooded the face and swung hard inside out. That ball took off, did about a 30yd hook and hit the front of the green and ran all the way to the back. I thought for sure it was going to roll off the green. It stopped on the fringe. I putted up to two feet, gave it the casual one-handed tap and missed it! Tapped it in for bogey.

Silver-lining and made my day "Dad, that was the most awesome shot I have ever seen!" He still talks about it! Definitely the best shot I ever hit. Including a hole out from the fairway for eagle I never saw go in because it was blind and a 125 yard hole in one.

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

hit a callaway warbird heavenwood from 205 when i was 23 on a par 5...holed it for my one and only albatross. best part - i never saw it go in.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Was a walk on and I was paired with another single. We both played fairly well but he couldn't hit his 3w to save his life. On 18 we both hit good drives leaving about 240 to the green. He tops another 3w and just hangs his head. I ask what he was playing and it was a 910 he bought a few months ago. I tell him I love titeist woods and his tosses me the club and says if I can hit on the green I can have it. Hit one of the the best 3w's ever and land it on the green. He grabs the head cover and hands it to me and says it's mine. I told him I couldn't possibly take it and he says that he was going to toss it anyway. Still have the club.

Probably my best shot ever (or at least my most proud) came last year in a playoff of a tournament. My opponent and I had tied after two days at the top of the leaderboard and had a sudden death playoff to determine the winner. On a fairly short Par 4 I had 127 yards left to the pin from the middle of the fairway. My opponent had already hit two nice shots, leaving him about a 7 or 8 footer for birdie. I hit a perfect wedge shot that landed 4 or 5 feet past the pin and backed right up to within 3 inches of the hole. My opponent went on to miss his birdie putt and I tapped in to win the tournament.

I've holed out from 160+, made several eagles, hit some crazy shots that turned out great, and have several other memories of shots that seem more difficult or had better results than the shot I described above. However, with the pressure on to hit a good shot, and large gallery of people following to see the playoff, my proudest moment undoubtedly came with that shot. I knew what I wanted to do and executed it perfectly in a pressure situation.

I read through this topic and was trying to think which shot was the best? I don't think I've hit it yet!!!!!

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Best shot was probably with a 1-iron from 220 yards to slight downhill on a calm day. I hit a perfect little draw that felt like nothing else can. I found the ball behind the green for some 240-245 yards total. It didn't matter that It had already taken me two shots on the 535-yard par-5 to get to 220 out with the same 1-iron and that I didn't hit GIR. I had a big smile on my face for a couple of days even though most of the round was absolute rubbish.

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Back about 10 years ago I was living in Fort McMurray, Alberta playing in a scramble with my wife(a Sub), our Regional SVP and a friend of his who's son was an NHL player in the group ahead of us.

Our SVP was a mediocre golfer, but wildly competitive and he thought I was better than I was.

We are on the 17th hole, a 390 yard par 4, pin way back in the left corner of the green and we were blocked by trees form seeing any portion of the green except the front right hand corner, about 40 yards from the hole.

First three shots are all dead, one shanked across the fairway into the bush(SVP), and two topped into the trees in front of us. We were 165 yards, I called a 6 iron, 40 yard hook, hit it flush way out right and then it started to curve, ended up 18" away for birdie.

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

My hole in one was not a good shot at all. It barely landed on the green and took a fortunate bounce of a little burm, then rolled 25 feet or so. I have had a number of birdies that stuck an inch or two from the cup that were better shots.

My best shot was probably a 3-wood to a foot or so on a par 5 green. Unfortunately it was in a scramble.

I can think of two that are really close-both were in a match against my regular golf partner..first one at the end of a very long day of golf, playing a course that allowed all the golf you could play after 12. We played something like 53 holes in around 8 hours. Coming up 18, it was getting dark…very dark. I had 210-215 to the green with a 1 hole lead(match play). I drilled a 5 iron to 10-12 feet in the dark to seal the deal. 2nd one, similar. we both got a very bad read from the yardage book on our drives. We were playing what we thought was a little punch drive that was very,very downhill and was supposed to be about 214 to the water with an island green. We punched 5 iron down there feeling that at worse it would roll to around 200, and even if it checked up it had to carry about 180 at least. So we get down to the ball and find that we had at least another 100 yards beyond what we thought was 214. so we were sitting a solid 200 from that island green. I again hit another 4 iron which looked good but we could not see the green real well because of the sun. When we got up there it was about 6 feet behind the pin, and maybe one hop away from carrying off the green into the water.

My best shot to date was in October of 2012, I qualified to represent Guam in the 79thThailand Am. Open. This was my first real 4 day international tournament. I was an alternate selection for my team, was in the middle of a slump, and no one else wanted to fly to Thailand so I decided to go to get my feet wet and see what kind of competition is out there. It was life changing, lets just say that! Anyway, first tee, first hole, at least a 150 person gallery around the tee, playing with one of Thailands best amateurs, tv cameras, you get the idea. I was shaking, I mean SHAKING. I was last to tee off and they all piped thier drives. So I get up there, and I can imagine what people are thinking "Guam? Where the hell is that? Left handed!?? Oh boy! I told myself it's just another golf shot and I absolutely smoked it!!! I mean right down the gut at least 35 yards past everyone in my group. I hit the green with a 58, two putted for my par. May not seem too spectacular but I think it was the pressure, and being able to still function. I then proceeded to play horrifically haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Aced a 275 yard par 4 back in high school. Sad part was I didn't see it go in because it was too dark. Looking around the green for my ball and my buddy checks the cup and says, "you playing titleist?" Jokingly I said yes, and he throws me a Maxfli (ball I was actually playing). Not sure if he believed me when I told him that it was actually mine.

OCN Panther Lake Course

Hole # 3

After spending all night puking I arrived at OCN PL pretty weak, but I wanted to cross this course of my "to do" list.

Par 4 about 460 into the wind of about 20 mph. I hit my drive terribly down the fairway about 230 yards. This left me 230 out uphill a bit and into that gusting wind. I pulled the 3 wood and striped one at the green. It cleared the creek fronting the green and flew onto the green settling 10 feet from the pin. Made the putt for 3 and finished the round +2. I look back at that shot as one of the most demanding I've ever faced. That shot got me feeling better and I rode that momentum to a great front 9 and put together a very respectable round for me under any conditions.

[quote name='SurfDuffer' timestamp='1416786044' post='10493477']
My best shots are usually recovery shots after hitting a terrible shot. Like the snap hook with a 3-iron out of the trees. Or a ridiculous flop shot or wedge over the trees.

Best other than recovery shot would be a 3-wood from 245 to 1 foot for an eagle.
[/quote]
Sounds like me. I hit my first chip in this year on a par 3. I topped my tee shot. Hit my wedge from about 50 yards out, left it a few yards off the green. Hit my chip a little hard thought I was going way past the hole but it was on target hit the flag and dropped in to save par.

Was close to being this past Sunday...Par 3 up hill over water that plays 165...hit a nice draw that looked good and kept turning back into the hole...thought to myself this will be alright just left of the pin if it's the right distance...it lands right beside the hole and immediately kicks back to the right towards the hole...ends up 10 inches from the pin...wanted that one.

[quote name='Idris789' timestamp='1416768517' post='10492309']
Fellow Wrxers I want to hear stories about the best shot you have ever hit (I apologize if this thread already exsists)
So tell me about your most pure shot you've ever hit in a tourney, a casual round etc.

The best shot I've ever hit is probably my first eagle.
It was at my home course Hole #6 is a Par 4 about 380 or so from the back tees I had 155 to the middle of the green pulled a 8 iron and pured it with a perfect fade right at the flag and it went in for my first eagle.
It made it even more special that I was playing with my dad and he got to see the best shot I have ever hit.
[/quote]My brother and I both hit about a 500 yard par 5 in two. He lays 3 feet. I lay 50-60 feet. And my 50 footer is downhill, sidehill snake. We have a huge scat game and my brother knows he is about to make some coin. I hit my putt and know it has a chance when it is about halfway there. When my putt was 10 feet from the hole my brother started shouting NO, NO, NO. Center cut. I laughed till I cried.

[quote name='golfinray' timestamp='1420824023' post='10716101']
[quote name='Idris789' timestamp='1416768517' post='10492309']
Fellow Wrxers I want to hear stories about the best shot you have ever hit (I apologize if this thread already exsists)
So tell me about your most pure shot you've ever hit in a tourney, a casual round etc.

The best shot I've ever hit is probably my first eagle.
It was at my home course Hole #6 is a Par 4 about 380 or so from the back tees I had 155 to the middle of the green pulled a 8 iron and pured it with a perfect fade right at the flag and it went in for my first eagle.
It made it even more special that I was playing with my dad and he got to see the best shot I have ever hit.
[/quote]My brother and I both hit about a 500 yard par 5 in two. He lays 3 feet. I lay 50-60 feet. And my 50 footer is downhill, sidehill snake. We have a huge scat game and my brother knows he is about to make some coin. I hit my putt and know it has a chance when it is about halfway there. When my putt was 10 feet from the hole my brother started shouting NO, NO, NO. Center cut. I laughed till I cried.
[/quote]

Always the best when you can do that to family!

30 ft putt from the fringe, with a 90 degree break that went down a hill. So I had to stop it perfectly on the hill then it turned left and rolled slowly all the way down into the hole.

Driver -  PXG Gen5 0311 XF 12* - PX Cypher 50 R

5 Wood -  Taylormade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue R

Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW - True Temper S

Wedges - Titleist SM8 52* 56* 

Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Special Select - 33"