SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Great ball! Seems to do everything well. It is low spin and long off the driver, but has high ball flight off of irons with good spin off of irons. Short game spin is similar to other low spin high end balls like v1x and B330. The feel off the putter is probably its best attribute. It feels very similar to regular v1 putting. I've been testing the mg ball as well and they play almost identical. The mg seems to spin more off irons. It backs up where the snell is more drop and stop. I prefer the feel of the snell off the putter however. The mg is firmer feeling and more like the b330 I played all year. Both balls seem to have the b330 beat in every category for my game. Durability has been top notch for both as well.

[quote name='jasonbird110' timestamp='1444316170' post='12427710']
I don't have the ball anymore, but I can describe it best as it looked like the outer layer cover ripped off and became a flap.

I'm playing again Saturday and I will use the same (second) ball and see how it goes. I never get more than 18 holes out of any ball, so this bodes well for the 2nd Snell ball.
[/quote]
Thanks for the post and info.. if you do see that again, please send me a message and i will get in touch to get a pic of the ball... I have not heard of any golf balls cracking on one shot, but would like to see the ball.. i am wondering if there was a defect on the ball prior to you hitting it...maybe slightly damage during the process or shipping.. thanks again, and look forward to hearing about your second round...

[quote name='Buckeyemike' timestamp='1444322893' post='12428336']
Great ball! Seems to do everything well. It is low spin and long off the driver, but has high ball flight off of irons with good spin off of irons. Short game spin is similar to other low spin high end balls like v1x and B330. The feel off the putter is probably its best attribute. It feels very similar to regular v1 putting. I've been testing the mg ball as well and they play almost identical. The mg seems to spin more off irons. It backs up where the snell is more drop and stop. I prefer the feel of the snell off the putter however. The mg is firmer feeling and more like the b330 I played all year. Both balls seem to have the b330 beat in every category for my game. Durability has been top notch for both as well.
[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback... I tried to take a little spin out of the full short irons, to help prevent it from ballooning into the wind and coming up short.. but have enough spin to hold on full shots... when working with the tour players and lower handicap players, one comment i heard often was if the ball had too much iron spin, they could not get to back pins because of the excessive spin and ball would suck back too far.. so we worked on this area of performance to give a good combination of lower spin with driver for added distance, moderate spin on irons for control with shots and nice short game (75 yards and in) spin and control to help stop the ball closer to the hole..

Dean, you definitely did that. I hit a towering 5 iron uphill into the wind and it only released a foot from its pitch mark. I think your ball is the best all around top performance ball at any price point. My previous post wasn't a negative. I like that short irons and wedges hop and stop or only spin back a few feet rather than 10' plus. I'm probably going to go with your 6 dozen value pack as a Xmas gift to myself and play the mtb as my ball of choice next season.

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1444390851' post='12432048']
[quote name='jasonbird110' timestamp='1444316170' post='12427710']
I don't have the ball anymore, but I can describe it best as it looked like the outer layer cover ripped off and became a flap.

I'm playing again Saturday and I will use the same (second) ball and see how it goes. I never get more than 18 holes out of any ball, so this bodes well for the 2nd Snell ball.
[/quote]
Thanks for the post and info.. if you do see that again, please send me a message and i will get in touch to get a pic of the ball... I have not heard of any golf balls cracking on one shot, but would like to see the ball.. i am wondering if there was a defect on the ball prior to you hitting it...maybe slightly damage during the process or shipping.. thanks again, and look forward to hearing about your second round...
[/quote]

Dean,

I seriously think it was just a defect on the ball the whole time, I didn't inspect it or see anything, but we played other balls and they were a dream.

I just ordered a 6dz pack, I am convinced you have a great product.

Cheers.

[quote name='bigcatbarstool' timestamp='1444417336' post='12434052']
Used them for several rounds when given to me by friend. They were a very solid ball. Wouldnt go out of my way to buy them, but would definitely use again as a high performance ball
[/quote]

You don't have to go out of your way to buy them; as a matter of fact you don't even have to leave the house. :)

Go to the web site, select what you want, pay for it, and they ship right to your door. Hard to beat that.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

first stages of analyzing the ball...traditionally a V1x player.

Different trajectory for me (105 SS)...flatter. I like the trajectory a lot!
Distance...seems to be flying further. My traditional miss is toe, and short. Balls were hitting the green, even on my misses.
Short game...plays like a V1...nice and soft with nice spin. Nice and soft off the putter.
Great durability! Not a mark after 27 holes.

Tried aligning the seam...did not seem to get that Titleist Professional pop. Logo's could be positioned on the opposite side of ball (OCD...Sorry).

Have given a sleeve to a couple of better player friends...one already purchased new MTB. Nice ball!

Ping G400 MAX 10.5* w Xtorsion Copper
Ping i210 4-u, Glide 2.0 54, 58
Guerin GR3 Mallet

[quote name='youngunz5840' timestamp='1444620732' post='12444134']Hey Dean any plans for yellow golf balls?[/quote]

He's said a few times before that here is no plan for yellow

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

I don't think cost is a huge factor. These are just great

Mizuno MX-500 10.5* driver<br />Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 13 Degree 3 Wood(as mini-driver)<br />Titleist 910f 16.5* 3 Wood,<br />Titleist 714 CB 3-pw,<br />Scratch 50*DD wedge,<br />Cleveland 588 raw 56* wedge,<br />Odyssey #9 White Hot,<br />Snell My Tour Ball,<br />True Linkswear shoes(da bomb!)<br /><br />TAKE DEAD AIM - Harvey Penick

[quote name='youngunz5840' timestamp='1444630575' post='12444392']
[quote name='NavyLD12' timestamp='1444623713' post='12444240']
[quote name='youngunz5840' timestamp='1444620732' post='12444134']Hey Dean any plans for yellow golf balls?[/quote]

[/quote]
Missed those some how thanks
[/quote]
We are looking into some options for a potential YELLOW GET SUM ball.. however, it is very hard and difficult to make the MY TOUR BALL which is cast urethane, yellow... the thermoplastic urethane that others use is very easy to make yellow, but the cast urethane process is not so easy.. then new paint systems also need to be developed and expensive to do.

Got 5 rounds and 14 holes out of this Snell until the fall leafs gobbled it up. Great shape for how many shots were put on it. Love these balls and the few I've given samples to have loved them and ordered as well. Looking forward to the new graphics for next summer.

[color=#ff0000][size=2]Driver: Callaway 815 BBDBD- Aldila Rogue Silver X-Stiff[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]3 Wood: TEE XCG-7Beta- Matrix 6Q3 X-Stiff[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Hybrid: Adams Pro Hybrid- Alidla ATX Red X-Stiff[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Irons: Bridgestone J40cb-Project X PXI 6.0[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Wedges: Titleist SM5-KBS Hi-Rev[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Putter: Tmag TP Kia Ma Maranello[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Ball: Snell MTB[/size][/color]

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1444391120' post='12432058']
[quote name='Buckeyemike' timestamp='1444322893' post='12428336']
[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback... I tried to take a little spin out of the full short irons, to help prevent it from ballooning into the wind and coming up short.. but have enough spin to hold on full shots... when working with the tour players and lower handicap players, one comment i heard often was if the ball had too much iron spin, they could not get to back pins because of the excessive spin and ball would suck back too far.. so we worked on this area of performance to give a good combination of lower spin with driver for added distance, moderate spin on irons for control with shots and nice short game (75 yards and in) spin and control to help stop the ball closer to the hole..
[/quote]

Mission accomplished! Its the Perfect ball for me...

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

I gave the Vice ball a try and wasn't impressed, durability was sub par. I'm really excited to give My Tour Ball a run, sorry I haven't had the time to read through the entire thread what's the problem with the logo exactly? I like the larger font looks cool and it's unique...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Some feel the logo is too big and bold, and the <MY TOUR BALL> on the side doesn't line up well. Also the logo seems to rub off a bit after use. I personally haven't had the logo wear off too bad, but definitely more noticeable than other brands. A couple pages back is a proto photo of the version 2 graphics including less bold logo, along with a new side stamp.

[color=#ff0000][size=2]Driver: Callaway 815 BBDBD- Aldila Rogue Silver X-Stiff[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]3 Wood: TEE XCG-7Beta- Matrix 6Q3 X-Stiff[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Hybrid: Adams Pro Hybrid- Alidla ATX Red X-Stiff[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Irons: Bridgestone J40cb-Project X PXI 6.0[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Wedges: Titleist SM5-KBS Hi-Rev[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Putter: Tmag TP Kia Ma Maranello[/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Ball: Snell MTB[/size][/color]

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1443007573' post='12354830']
[attachment=2965664:IMG_1314.jpg][attachment=2965662:IMG_1314.jpg][quote name='Golfcat' timestamp='1442965918' post='12352944']
please...for us that like to look down at nothing on the ball...leave one side blank. Not lines on both sides.
[/quote]

based on lots of feedback on this thread, we are looking into making the sidetamp cleaner, and adding some alignment lines to help for those who use it to align while putting.. here is one simple, clean option.. thoughts?
[/quote]

Like that a whole lot more than whats on the current ball.

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

[quote name='getair23' timestamp='1443042555' post='12358232']
Time to place another order. Everyone I played with wanted to try the my tour ball. I gave more away than I used. Most of them ordered their own. You would think I would get a few back....nope
[/quote]

Haha, I have "friends" like that.

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1444760770' post='12451018']
[quote name='youngunz5840' timestamp='1444630575' post='12444392']
[quote name='NavyLD12' timestamp='1444623713' post='12444240']

[/quote]
Missed those some how thanks
[/quote]
We are looking into some options for a potential YELLOW GET SUM ball.. however, it is very hard and difficult to make the MY TOUR BALL which is cast urethane, yellow... the thermoplastic urethane that others use is very easy to make yellow, but the cast urethane process is not so easy.. then new paint systems also need to be developed and expensive to do.
[/quote]
Thanks Dean! I really need to order some more of these. They felt amazing and played great.

I did not play a whole round, just 9 so far. My Tour ball version.

My normal ball is PV1x and NXT Tour. I have played some TM PENTA also.

Good feel on driver and is like PV1 feel. Does not feel soft at impact and had trajectory I am used to. My SS is mid 100's for driver. Distance was in line with PV and NXT.

Irons felt good. I did not hit anything that would back up so I cannot say whether it matches PV1x yet. Spun and stopped well though- made my usual up and downs no problem.

Putting- i do not care for a big click on contact and this did NOT have one. It felt like the NXT or maybe the Penta since I did sense a little skin softness on contact. Really felt normal to me. My distance was good that day so I did not find anything there to concern me.

I am playing again today and will post more if I have more feedback.

Bottom line is If they perform as they have for 18 more holes, I would buy them. And I am very picky about my equipment.

[quote name='DevilDog' timestamp='1445004883' post='12464470']
Only thing that would make the My Tour Ball better for me personally is if it were a bit softer. But, that is not something that keeps me from playing it. It's a solid, quality golf ball and you can't beat the price.
[/quote]

A tad softer would be great as long as it doesnt change the other characteristics of the current ball. ie. Spin, launch, duability.

Just ordered another dz. and it will be here just in time for my trip to Prarie Dunes #25 on GD's top list :)

Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

[quote name='Blues Golfer' timestamp='1445021413' post='12465800']
I did not play a whole round, just 9 so far. My Tour ball version.

My normal ball is PV1x and NXT Tour. I have played some TM PENTA also.

Good feel on driver and is like PV1 feel. Does not feel soft at impact and had trajectory I am used to. My SS is mid 100's for driver. Distance was in line with PV and NXT.

Irons felt good. I did not hit anything that would back up so I cannot say whether it matches PV1x yet. Spun and stopped well though- made my usual up and downs no problem.

Putting- i do not care for a big click on contact and this did NOT have one. It felt like the NXT or maybe the Penta since I did sense a little skin softness on contact. Really felt normal to me. My distance was good that day so I did not find anything there to concern me.

I am playing again today and will post more if I have more feedback.

Bottom line is If they perform as they have for 18 more holes, I would buy them. And I am very picky about my equipment.
[/quote]
thank you for taking the time to test and post... appreciate the feedback...keep it coming.

[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1445023824' post='12465964']
Only thing that would make the My Tour Ball better for me personally is if it were a bit softer. But, that is not something that keeps me from playing it. It's a solid, quality golf ball and you can't beat the price.
[/quote]

A tad softer would be great as long as it doesnt change the other characteristics of the current ball. ie. Spin, launch, duability.

Just ordered another dz. and it will be here just in time for my trip to Prarie Dunes #25 on GD's top list :)
[/quote]

Totally agree. I don't want a marshmallow just maybe 5-10 compression softer is all. It would make a difference to me. But, as you said, if that softness cost performance, I would keep as is.

[quote name='DevilDog' timestamp='1445283857' post='12478364']
[quote name='Scratch2Plus' timestamp='1445023824' post='12465964']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally agree. I don't want a marshmallow just maybe 5-10 compression softer is all. It would make a difference to me. But, as you said, if that softness cost performance, I would keep as is.
[/quote]

You have to keep in mind that compression and how soft a ball plays may or may not be related...A lower compression core is what gives us low spin off the driver...and most often people associate feel with chips, pitches, etc. around the green...which has everything to do with the cover...not compression