2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Stopped into a local green grass golf shop the other day here and was talking with the owner of the shop. He's got a couple of girls on staff that have heard about the Snell balls and have started playing them and love them. The girls can't say enough good things about them and are making them their primary ball. The owner is actually looking for a way to try and stock them in store because of all the praise he's gotten from his employees and the lurking he's actually done here on the forums.

TM '16 M2 9.5*/stock S
TM '16 M2 3w 15*/stock S
TM '16 M2 3h 19*/stock S
TM RSi TP 4-PW/KBS Tour S
TM Milled Grind 52*/56*/60*
TM Ghost Tour Black Daytona SuperStroke

[quote name='taz757' timestamp='1441297502' post='12257412']
Stopped into a local green grass golf shop the other day here and was talking with the owner of the shop. He's got a couple of girls on staff that have heard about the Snell balls and have started playing them and love them. The girls can't say enough good things about them and are making them their primary ball. The owner is actually looking for a way to try and stock them in store because of all the praise he's gotten from his employees and the lurking he's actually done here on the forums.
[/quote]
Thank you. We have quite a few shops carrying them now. They can email us at [email protected] and we can give them a quote. We only have a 6 doz min and we pay shipping.

Can anyone comment on how these balls feel off the putter? For example, I feel like Supersofts are very fast off the putter, ProV1s feel heavy off the putter, and Chromesofts are a happy medium of the two. Where do Snell balls fall?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

[quote name='RyKnocks' timestamp='1441308540' post='12258478']
Can anyone comment on how these balls feel off the putter? For example, I feel like Supersofts are very fast off the putter, ProV1s feel heavy off the putter, and Chromesofts are a happy medium of the two. Where do Snell balls fall?
[/quote]

For me it feels clean and in control off of the putter. That is one the reasons why I don't play the Supersoft because how it explodes off of the putter.

[quote name='LarryEkstrom' timestamp='1441402381' post='12264876']
I tried them and like the my tour ball. feels nice and solid off the driver. I am pretty sure they are longer than my Bridgestone 330rx. I need to play them a little more to be sure. Didn't like the cheaper ball as well.
[/quote]

How would you compare iron/approach and greenside doin to the RX?

[quote name='kobes31' timestamp='1441538438' post='12271108']
I tried them and like the my tour ball. feels nice and solid off the driver. I am pretty sure they are longer than my Bridgestone 330rx. I need to play them a little more to be sure. Didn't like the cheaper ball as well.
[/quote]

[/quote]
From player testing and robot testing, the RX has a lower spin rate than MY TOUR BALL around the green and with short irons.. the softer, cast urethane cover on MY TOUR BALL allows this ball to spin more than the thermoplastic urethane cover on the RX...I always recommend players to take a sleeve of each and test from 100 yards an in over several holes to find the performance they are looking for and what appeals to their respective game.. but from pure robot testing, MY TOUR BALL will have higher spin around the greens.

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1441636063' post='12275456']
[quote name='kobes31' timestamp='1441538438' post='12271108']
[/quote]

[/quote]
From player testing and robot testing, the RX has a lower spin rate than MY TOUR BALL around the green and with short irons.. the softer, cast urethane cover on MY TOUR BALL allows this ball to spin more than the thermoplastic urethane cover on the RX...I always recommend players to take a sleeve of each and test from 100 yards an in over several holes to find the performance they are looking for and what appeals to their respective game.. but from pure robot testing, MY TOUR BALL will have higher spin around the greens.
[/quote]

This is entirely correct!

Any guy here who lost a Snell MTB golf ball playing either the 3rd or 4th hole at Windyke CC - West in Memphis, I found your ball this morning. It was in heavy rough in front of the no. 4 tee box. Thank you!

I showed it to my playing partner and asked if he'd read about this ball here at WRX? He said he had and I put it in my bag and played on. After my putter finally abandoned me on the 13th hole today, I put the MTB in play to see what the fuss is all about. I've spent the season playing the Callaway Chrome +, Chrome Speed, or a ProV1X.

Only one guy I've read in 18 pages of this thread mentioned the one thing that immediately caught my attention about the ball (and that was Hot Rod 71), I noticed a higher trajectory from driver through LW. I'm a classic low ball hitter and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Even the guy I was playing with said he'd never seen me hit the ball so high. It was a terrific trajectory - not ballooning at all. The overall performance I got with the ball was on par or better in performance than the tour premium balls I've got any significant experience with.

Very intrigued by this ball. Performance was good, the trajectory was incredible, and the price is good.

Ping 425 driver 10.5*

Ping 425 FWs 14.5* & 17.5*

Ping 425 hybrid 22*

Srixon ZX5 5 - PW

Sub 70 286 Forged wedges 48*, 54* & 58*

Piretti 303 Series Cottonwood II putter

[quote name='MarkCPA' timestamp='1441678070' post='12278578']
Any guy here who lost a Snell MTB golf ball playing either the 3rd or 4th hole at Windyke CC - West in Memphis, I found your ball this morning. It was in heavy rough in front of the no. 4 tee box. Thank you!

I showed it to my playing partner and asked if he'd read about this ball here at WRX? He said he had and I put it in my bag and played on. After my putter finally abandoned me on the 13th hole today, I put the MTB in play to see what the fuss is all about. I've spent the season playing the Callaway Chrome +, Chrome Speed, or a ProV1X.

Only one guy I've read in 18 pages of this thread mentioned the one thing that immediately caught my attention about the ball (and that was Hot Rod 71), I noticed a higher trajectory from driver through LW. I'm a classic low ball hitter and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Even the guy I was playing with said he'd never seen me hit the ball so high. It was a terrific trajectory - not ballooning at all. The overall performance I got with the ball was on par or better in performance than the tour premium balls I've got any significant experience with.

Very intrigued by this ball. Performance was good, the trajectory was incredible, and the price is good.
[/quote]

I've given this ball to a few friends who are older (65-75) who are all relatively low ball hitters. They also noticed an immediate difference in trajectory. They couldn't believe how much higher they hit it and how that contributed to more distance.

If they could walk into a local retailer like Dick's and buy these, they probably would. But because they are not computer savvy and tend to eschew the internet, I don't think they will buy any without help.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1441712561' post='12279840']
[quote name='MarkCPA' timestamp='1441678070' post='12278578']

[/quote]

I've given this ball to a few friends who are older (65-75) who are all relatively low ball hitters. They also noticed an immediate difference in trajectory. They couldn't believe how much higher they hit it and how that contributed to more distance.

If they could walk into a local retailer like Dick's and buy these, they probably would. But because they are not computer savvy and tend to eschew the internet, I don't think they will buy any without help.
[/quote]
thanks for the feedback.. we also have a toll free number 844-763-5519 that our customer service team will take the order for them over the phone if that makes it easier.. mon thru frid 8-5 EST... thanks.

[quote name='Mozjo33' timestamp='1441325317' post='12260148']
[quote name='RyKnocks' timestamp='1441308540' post='12258478']
[/quote]
We really the feel up to the player. We try to design to a certain level but with so many different putters and inserts all having different sound levels, the putting comes down to player preference and very subjective from player to player. The key is to not use covers that are too responsive or too dull off the face. So it is a balance of feel or sound and speed off the face.

For me it feels clean and in control off of the putter. That is one the reasons why I don't play the Supersoft because how it explodes off of the putter.
[/quote]

Played my first round today with the my tour ball. I have a 108-112 driver swing speed and usually play srixon z-star and z-xvs. Will dabble into V1xs every once in a while. After playing today's round with the my tour ball. I can firmly say that it performs just as well if not better than the z-stars and v1xs. I was very happy with the balls ability to penetrate through the wind. I was able to hit all shots fades draws flighted wedges etc. with no problem at all. Feels solid off putter not super soft like the cally chrome soft or clicky like distance balls but firm and in control.

I will be purchasing more boxes of these. The price tag is too good to pass up for the performance.

[quote name='Montydog49' timestamp='1441851562' post='12291108']
Played my first round today with the my tour ball. I have a 108-112 driver swing speed and usually play srixon z-star and z-xvs. Will dabble into V1xs every once in a while. After playing today's round with the my tour ball. I can firmly say that it performs just as well if not better than the z-stars and v1xs. I was very happy with the balls ability to penetrate through the wind. I was able to hit all shots fades draws flighted wedges etc. with no problem at all. Feels solid off putter not super soft like the cally chrome soft or clicky like distance balls but firm and in control.

I will be purchasing more boxes of these. The price tag is too good to pass up for the performance.
[/quote]
Thank you for feedback. We balance spin and launch to optimize the ball performance. Testing includes no wind, cross winds, head winds, and down wind. Since golf is played in all of these it is important to create performance that fits all conditions.

[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1441923185' post='12295868']
Mr. Snell, any idea when the MTB will be available with the new graphics?
[/quote]
The artwork is being worked on now. It takes a few months to get protos made and then approved and sent to USGA to be on the conforming ball list. The USGA takes 2 months to approve. So we hope to have this sometime early next year. We cannot sell them until they approve the ball and new logo. I know, lengthy process but years ago it used to take 6 to 8 months. So alittle better.

We have received a lot of questions on when shipping to UK and other countries..we have been working with usps and ups and fed ex to see best rates that can be used to help with cost.. so if interested please send us an email at [email protected] and let our team know how many doz and where you would like them shipped and we will get you a quote for the best price we can find... alot of people are joining orders with friends or families to make larger volume and further lower the cost...

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1442158294' post='12307498']
We have received a lot of questions on when shipping to UK and other countries..we have been working with usps and ups and fed ex to see best rates that can be used to help with cost.. so if interested please send us an email at [email protected] and let our team know how many doz and where you would like them shipped and we will get you a quote for the best price we can find... alot of people are joining orders with friends or families to make larger volume and further lower the cost...
[/quote]

I was quoted a shipping cost of 67$ for the value pack of MTB's a month ago, has this gone down?

If yes I figure I might make the jump already, was waiting on the new logo and graphics but I'm going to run out of my V1xs very soon so, time to make a decision is close.

Also if some other people are from Continental EU / France and are interested in buying some, PM me see if we can make a bigger order and share shipping.

[quote name='PointJpeg' timestamp='1442163315' post='12307724']
[/quote]

I was quoted a shipping cost of 67$ for the value pack of MTB's a month ago, has this gone down?

If yes I figure I might make the jump already, was waiting on the new logo and graphics but I'm going to run out of my V1xs very soon so, time to make a decision is close.

Also if some other people are from Continental EU / France and are interested in buying some, PM me see if we can make a bigger order and share shipping.
[/quote]
I would think he price would still be the same but our service team can check for you if you email them. Thanks.

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1441931987' post='12296624']
[/quote]
The artwork is being worked on now. It takes a few months to get protos made and then approved and sent to USGA to be on the conforming ball list. The USGA takes 2 months to approve. So we hope to have this sometime early next year. We cannot sell them until they approve the ball and new logo. I know, lengthy process but years ago it used to take 6 to 8 months. So alittle better.
[/quote]

Do you see any differences in MTB ball early next year compared to this year other than the graphic change? Companies have a tendency in the spring to come out with "New and Improved" etc. etc. but what are your thoughts on this, is continual improvement a year round thing? Why just seemingly a 'spring' thing?

[/quote]
Since they are made in S. Korean if i'm not mistaken, is it possible, say, to ship the balls from the factory to Asia without them having to go across the Pacific first?
I'm really interested in trying out MTB, but where i live i can get Bridgestone/TourStage balls with competitive prices.

[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1442258966' post='12312610']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Do you see any differences in MTB ball early next year compared to this year other than the graphic change? Companies have a tendency in the spring to come out with "New and Improved" etc. etc. but what are your thoughts on this, is continual improvement a year round thing? Why just seemingly a 'spring' thing?
[/quote]
We just launched the new MY TOUR BALL 6 months ago... we will plan to keep this moving and in the line next year as well.. as for newer versions, we continue to do R&D and have some new protos in the testing phase as we speak.. The other companies typically launch in the early spring for new products for a few reasons.. One is the PGA show is in January and this is a great place to launch a new product with everyone down in Florida in one location in one weekend... also, the reps make their fall runs to prep for the following year, and deplete the inventory levels down at the end of the year and first of the next year. I think that a golf ball should be good for a couple of years, and upgrades should be made every few years, with that time being used to make and test protos, and plan the launches..

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1442342890' post='12317676']
[quote name='SixtySomePing' timestamp='1442258966' post='12312610']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
We just launched the new MY TOUR BALL 6 months ago... we will plan to keep this moving and in the line next year as well.. as for newer versions, we continue to do R&D and have some new protos in the testing phase as we speak.. The other companies typically launch in the early spring for new products for a few reasons.. One is the PGA show is in January and this is a great place to launch a new product with everyone down in Florida in one location in one weekend... also, the reps make their fall runs to prep for the following year, and deplete the inventory levels down at the end of the year and first of the next year. I think that a golf ball should be good for a couple of years, and upgrades should be made every few years, with that time being used to make and test protos, and plan the launches..
[/quote]

Thanks, that's good to know. It sure is good to have a guy on here like you who has walked the walk and can talk the talk. Keep up the good work.

Haven't played a round with these yet, but was able to take them out to the chipping and putting green. After about an hour spent, they feel closer to a ProV1 than a Chrome Soft to me. The feel is a little "heavier" than I'm used to, but I'll get used to it. It's not better or worse at this point, just different. Can't wait to get these out onto a course and put them through their full paces. If it can fall somewhere between a Chrome Soft and a ProV1 then it might just be a perfect ball for me.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10