SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Hey Dean, just curious of how long you will have the value pack for? I am ordering a dozen today. I am going to play a few rounds with them and if I like them I am going to go ahead and order the value pack. I am not super picky when it comes to balls so I have a feeling these will perform as good as Titleist or Bridgestone I play!

BTW, I think it is great that a founder of a company is on here answering questions about their product. I really like supporting small businesses that do things the right way!

[quote name='knoxville36' timestamp='1437056135' post='11959420']
Hey Dean, just curious of how long you will have the value pack for? I am ordering a dozen today. I am going to play a few rounds with them and if I like them I am going to go ahead and order the value pack. I am not super picky when it comes to balls so I have a feeling these will perform as good as Titleist or Bridgestone I play!

BTW, I think it is great that a founder of a company is on here answering questions about their product. I really like supporting small businesses that do things the right way!
[/quote]
Thanks for the order. We plan to keep the value pack for a while. We had a lot of requests for this so we plan to keep it on the site.

Used the MTB to win our first match in our clubs Presidents Cup "style" match play tournament; 4 ball - handicapped. 4 and 3 :) Showed it to my opponents before we teed off and one of them knew of the brand, indicating that a local shop was thinking of, or was going to be carrying the line. I suggested they buy some to try out!

so i have 18 holes under my belt and here are my thoughts.

Driver: great feel at impact and i didnt have much balooning on my drives. distance may have been longer than prov1x which [b]was[/b] my usual game ball. i was able to pull off some nice draws on command with this ball.

Irons: amazing at impact. these balls felt soft without feeling "mushy". i actually think i gained distance with my irons here. not alot of distance but i noticed that i was about 2-3 yards longer per iron. the spin off the irons were great and just as good as prov1x.

<100 yar shots: i didnt have too many of these but i did have a 40 yard shot to a middle pin. i attempted to play the mid trajectory bounce and stop shot which actually worked. i played a couple sand shots and nothing to report there.

putts: i love the feel of this ball off putts. far more so than the prov1x.

in general this ball feels softer than the prov1x 2014 with more distance and possibly more spin with wedges. i played 1 ball through 9 holes then decided to pump one out on 10.during those 9 holes the durability held up very nicely. the new ball on 10 lasted me through 18 and durability was just as good.

only cons about this ball is the logo. not a huge fan. but for 16 dollars less per doz i could care less.

i only have 1 round under my belt but i am very confident these balls will kick out the prov1x's.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 8* - Ventus Black TR 5x

3W -Ping G430 LST - Ventus Black TR 7x

5W - TM Qi10 Tour - Ventus Black TR 7x

2i - Srixon ZX MK II Axiom 105X

4-6 T200 Axiom 105s

7-AW T150 Axion 105s

54S SM9 - Accra Iseries Red

60T SM9 - Accra Iseries Red

Bettinardi QB14 LA Golf

I got mine today and tried it on the practice putting mat and these roll nicely. I'm excited just from putting. I can't wait

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

[quote name='mr.haha' timestamp='1437318203' post='11977950']
so i have 18 holes under my belt and here are my thoughts.

Driver: great feel at impact and i didnt have much balooning on my drives. distance may have been longer than prov1x which [b]was[/b] my usual game ball. i was able to pull off some nice draws on command with this ball.

Irons: amazing at impact. these balls felt soft without feeling "mushy". i actually think i gained distance with my irons here. not alot of distance but i noticed that i was about 2-3 yards longer per iron. the spin off the irons were great and just as good as prov1x.

<100 yar shots: i didnt have too many of these but i did have a 40 yard shot to a middle pin. i attempted to play the mid trajectory bounce and stop shot which actually worked. i played a couple sand shots and nothing to report there.

putts: i love the feel of this ball off putts. far more so than the prov1x.

in general this ball feels softer than the prov1x 2014 with more distance and possibly more spin with wedges. i played 1 ball through 9 holes then decided to pump one out on 10.during those 9 holes the durability held up very nicely. the new ball on 10 lasted me through 18 and durability was just as good.

only cons about this ball is the logo. not a huge fan. but for 16 dollars less per doz i could care less.

i only have 1 round under my belt but i am very confident these balls will kick out the prov1x's.
[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback. We are continuing to look into some different size logos to make smaller per a lot of requests on this post. I should have some samples in soon. Could possibly send to Golfwrx to post and get some feedback as well..

Ordered the MTB value pack today. Looking forward to having them for my overseas trip in a couple weeks.

Titleist TS3 Driver
Callaway Rogue 13.5 degree 3W
Callaway Rogue 19 degree 5W
Callaway Epic Flash 21 degree 7-wood or
Mizuno MP-H5 21 degree 3 iron
Mizuno MP-4 4-PW
Callaway MD3 54 degree
Callaway MD3 58 degree

I ordered a dozen to try out and I've only played 18 holes with one My Tour Ball but so far my experience echoes most of the feedback here. Solid ball, got great distance off my driver and acceptable spin around the green and with wedges. No noticeable difference to me compared to Pro V1x or Zstar Xv.

Only issue is the ball looked a little beat up after 18 holes and the graphics were partially worn off. Ball performance was great.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but can anyone confirm these balls are tournament legal?

Okay, after reading all the great reviews here, I'm in. I just ordered a dozen of the My Tour Ball.

$31.99 per dozen (shipped) is too good to pass up.

I look forward to testing these, and I will post my thoughts after I play them for a few rounds.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='5yddraw' timestamp='1437563859' post='11998070']
I ordered a dozen to try out and I've only played 18 holes with one My Tour Ball but so far my experience echoes most of the feedback here. Solid ball, got great distance off my driver and acceptable spin around the green and with wedges. No noticeable difference to me compared to Pro V1x or Zstar Xv.

Only issue is the ball looked a little beat up after 18 holes and the graphics were partially worn off. Ball performance was great.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but can anyone confirm these balls are tournament legal?
[/quote]
Yes, these balls are listed on the USGA conforming ball list and are legal for any tournament.

I ordered a dozen and played 18. Normally play the lethal. Feel off the driver is very nice...ends up being a tad longer than my lethals. Solid feel on the long and short irons. Great ball around the green. On the green, love the feel off of my 2ball fang. Calming down logo would be good idea as stated as well as cutting name down to MTB. As soon as my lethals are gone...I'm in. Hope you are able to keep the cost down. Nice job Snell Golf!

My daughter gave me a dozen of these (MTB) for my birthday and the first round I played with them resulted in a 79, which is a good score for me. I can see even better scores once I get used to them. Just a great overall golf ball for all phases of the game. One shot in particular stood out. On a par 5, I had 205 to the center of the green on my second shot. I hit a easy 5 wood and the trajectory was not really as high as I usually hit it with this club.(very tight lie) It landed left center of the green and rolled out 5 feet. Impressive ball action. I think the compression is ~80. I hit some fairly long drives during the round; 271 longest, and about 5 in the 260ish range. (driver ss of 95-100) The ball has a really solid, yet soft feel to it.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Really want to try this ball but going to wait and see if the logos get toned down. Just a <mtb> would be plenty fine as a alignment aid. Less i see the better. Its a mental thing looking down at it. Looking forward to trying it none the less.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

Well, I was all excited yesterday as my delivery of the MTB came and had plans to go play 9 after work with a buddy. Of course, it rained last night and did not get to go out. I am playing in a 2 day tournament this weekend and will go ahead and put them in play.

All I did was look at the balls and packaging at night. I thought they looked great, logo size or My Tour Ball didn't bother me too much. I guess if the font was a little smaller it might look better as some have hinted at on here. It is the little things that matter and everything from the packaging to the hand written note from Dean thanking me for my order tells me this is a well ran outfit and they care. I have no doubts this ball will perform this weekend and if it does I am going to go ahead and order 6 dozen for the future!!!! We will see this weekend how it compares to ProV1x.....

I received my first dozen last week. I've read a few posts claiming the durability is a bit lacking but that was not my experience at all. I hit a 7 iron into a green and it bounced off the cart path about 10 feet in the air and then ran down the cart path for another 30 yards bouncing maybe 20 times. I figured it would be toast by the time it stopped, nope. I showed it to my stepfather next to a new ball straight out of the sleeve and he couldn't tell the difference. There wasn't as much as paint chip. Very impressed.

But, the ink does need some refining. It seems to fade or chip off a bit.

My 6-pack of MTBs were delivered in only two days. Nice handwritten note by Dean! Very classy. Looking forward to putting these in play this weekend. Will report back as I went out on a limb based on the feedback of other ProV1x users. I expect these balls to be a great value for what they are selling for currently. I play various tour balls but like the ProV1x the best. Just don't like paying $50 for them. I don't mind the logo or the size of the font. I just want a solid performing ball.

Titleist TS3 Driver
Callaway Rogue 13.5 degree 3W
Callaway Rogue 19 degree 5W
Callaway Epic Flash 21 degree 7-wood or
Mizuno MP-H5 21 degree 3 iron
Mizuno MP-4 4-PW
Callaway MD3 54 degree
Callaway MD3 58 degree

Been using them for a couple of months in addition to other favorites (TP Red LDP, Lethal). Great all around performance for my game. Softer feel than the TP Red with a slightly higher trajectory while maintaining good spin control with the driver. Iron and wedge spin has been very good. Gets a good roll off the putter. At my swing speed (90-93 driver), this ball has been an ideal performer. As for durability, the covers show some scuff marks but I have seen no detriment to performance based on normal cosmetic wear and tear. I kind of like the graphics. Gives it a kind of unknown stealth sleeper identity on the course, but I suspect that won't last long. I started out with two dozen to test and bought four more with a discount coupon. The MTB is probably the best buy in golf right now for a high performance urethane covered golf ball.

Epic Max LS 10.5

Steelhead XR 3-Heaven-9Ws

0211 5-GW

Glide 2.0 WS 54

Rally 58

Huntington Beach Soft Premier 8

Vero X1

After all the positive reviews, I had to order a testing pack. I look forward to trying these out when they arrive.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
5W: Ping G430
3H & 4H: Ping G410
5H:  Ping G
6 - GW: Ping G25

54*: Ping Glide 4.0
58*: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Bounce
Putter: Odyssey Tri Hot Double Wide CH Putter

Grips:  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

Ball:  Titleist ProV1, Maxfli Tour, Taylormade TP5, PXG