SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Ordered the Snell Testing pack because of the MGS review and the talk on these forums.

Started with the Get Sum, practiced with it for 2 days and played a round yesterday. Going to test out the MTB after next week.

So far so good.

Shot a 79, my lowest round of the year so far.
Played with the same ball all 18 holes.
Had my longest drive of the year at 288.
Lowest number of putts.

Could of easily shot a 75 but made horrible management decisions where I went for it when I normally wouldn't have.

Get Sum has a great feel to it. Not as much spin as what I am used to but you can play for that extra roll and is very consistent in that.

Overall, this is a fantastic ball with an unbeatable price point.

Another example of how great of a company they are:

I ordered 4 more dozen last weekend. I missed the original email in which they had a promotion for "Buy 4, get one free". After I ordered, a couple days later, I got the email in which they were extending it. Since they had already sent me free replacements for my "lost" package that eventually showed up, I didn't message/harass them about getting the free dozen. I was totally ok with just getting the 4 since I got some for free already.

I get a box in the mail today that looked quite a bit big for 4 dozen.

I open it up and there are 5 dozen in there with a hand written note from Mr. Snell. He personally saw that I would get the extra free dozen even though I didn't enter the coupon code.

I honestly don't know of any other company that would do such a thing. Not only are they the best balls I've ever played (for all but the hardest of greens), their customer support and the way they treat customers is 2nd to none. I buy a ton of golf stuff and have dealt with several lost packages, or have had the wrong thing shipped. And there is no doubt that Snell Golf has done the best job of making sure the customer is taken care of.

I also promise I'm not getting paid by them to say this stuff...

Although I am technically getting a lot of free golf balls from them... :blush2:

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

I ordered one box of MTBs. Last week I lost 5 balls in the first 9 holes. Needless to say it was probably one of the worst rounds I had all season. Not the ball's fault obviously - it was my wife's because she was with me and there was a lot of tension here...never mind, wrong thread.

Anyway, I am a hi-handicapper (if you haven't figured that out) working my way to breaking 90 this summer. I played a round yesterday where I used one MTB through 11 1/2 holes. I say 11 1/2 because my second shot on hole 12 was hit thin into a pond. This ball is plain out AWESOME! I was well on my way to making my goal of 90 until that hole. I forgot my last 2 sleeves at home so I finished with another brand. Needless to say my last 61/2 holes were atrocious, and I did not meet my goal. But I digress.

I have been experimenting with several balls from all different manufactures, and to me this ball fits everything I'm looking for when it comes to my game. I know that a ball is not going to drastically help meet my goals, however, when a ball feels great off your club from the tee box, from the fairways (mostly rough in my case), around the greens and off the putter - it just inspires confidence!!! I absolutely love the sound it makes coming off my driver and woods! BTW - it was the only ball I lost yesterday.

The only other ball that I felt so much confidence was a Pro V1, but I can't justify nor afford paying almost $50 for a dozen balls where on any given round I could loose half a dozen (see above). Although the MTBs are about $10 more than I normally spend per dozen balls, IMO they are worth it. Plus Dean's customer service just puts it over the edge. Needless to say I will be making another order soon and hopefully not as frequently as I have purchased other balls in the past.

Thank you Mr Snell!

[color=#000000]
[color=#222222]I just bought 5 MTBs for price of 4 (Father's Day Deal). This is way out of character for me. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my favorite pastime because I think the grip, swing and mentality are 100 times more important than the equipment (within reason). I still have my original TearDrop putter from 1994. I joined this site just to post this. I'll play a few rounds and report back later.[/color][/color][color=#000000]

[color=#222222]
Played yesterday and caught up to a guy on the back nine who was playing the MTB. He was telling me about them and honestly, he sounded like the golf equipment whacko expert we've all played with. Until I hit it for a few holes. I'm not a great player and I don't play enough to be consistent (5-10 rounds a year + a bunch of outings), but I'm not bad. I bomb the ball (Driver Speed 115+), with about a 12 handicap and truly believe in the player, not the equipment. I love my driver (TM R11s), but since I love hitting huge off the tee (love the long drive holes at outings), the balls I use tend to be harder than I'd like around the greens. Maybe it's just that the guy was so convincing and I just happened to be playing well, but WOW!!! The distance seemed the same as the longest balls I've played, but it felt soft off my favorite wedge (TM RAC 60 deg) too! Since I don't practice or play enough, touch and feel from my 7 iron down to the putter is what separates a good day from a horrible day. When I don't "feel the ball" as I hit it, I stink! Aside from the expensive balls (love the ProV1x) I find around the course, I can't remember a ball in this price range felling as nice around the green. I didn't putt it well, but that was probably because I spent like 2 minutes before tee off at the putting green, so I wasn't putting well all day.[/color]
[color=#222222]
I never spend more that $30 a dozen because when I have a bad round I can lose a bunch and I'm not rich! Got home and started researching Snell and my new favorite ball. This forum, TheSandTrap.com, was a critical piece and seemed to be honest and unbiased. The deal they have makes them about $25.50 a dozen. Worth the risk. Re-reading this, I sound like the Snell whacko (he didn't look like Dean Snell...hmmm) who I met on the course. Well, if this ball (and the company) takes off like I think it might, I'll feel better about the largest ball purchase of my life! It says money back guarantee on the website though, so that's good.[/color][/color]

[quote name='Foxy Grandpa' timestamp='1435443671' post='11846264']
[color=#000000]
[color=#222222]I just bought 5 MTBs for price of 4 (Father's Day Deal). This is way out of character for me. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my favorite pastime because I think the grip, swing and mentality are 100 times more important than the equipment (within reason). I still have my original TearDrop putter from 1994. I joined this site just to post this. I'll play a few rounds and report back later.[/color][/color][color=#000000]

[color=#222222]
Played yesterday and caught up to a guy on the back nine who was playing the MTB. He was telling me about them and honestly, he sounded like the golf equipment whacko expert we've all played with. Until I hit it for a few holes. I'm not a great player and I don't play enough to be consistent (5-10 rounds a year + a bunch of outings), but I'm not bad. I bomb the ball (Driver Speed 115+), with about a 12 handicap and truly believe in the player, not the equipment. I love my driver (TM R11s), but since I love hitting huge off the tee (love the long drive holes at outings), the balls I use tend to be harder than I'd like around the greens. Maybe it's just that the guy was so convincing and I just happened to be playing well, but WOW!!! The distance seemed the same as the longest balls I've played, but it felt soft off my favorite wedge (TM RAC 60 deg) too! Since I don't practice or play enough, touch and feel from my 7 iron down to the putter is what separates a good day from a horrible day. When I don't "feel the ball" as I hit it, I stink! Aside from the expensive balls (love the ProV1x) I find around the course, I can't remember a ball in this price range felling as nice around the green. I didn't putt it well, but that was probably because I spent like 2 minutes before tee off at the putting green, so I wasn't putting well all day.[/color]
[color=#222222]
I never spend more that $30 a dozen because when I have a bad round I can lose a bunch and I'm not rich! Got home and started researching Snell and my new favorite ball. This forum, TheSandTrap.com, was a critical piece and seemed to be honest and unbiased. The deal they have makes them about $25.50 a dozen. Worth the risk. Re-reading this, I sound like the Snell whacko (he didn't look like Dean Snell...hmmm) who I met on the course. Well, if this ball (and the company) takes off like I think it might, I'll feel better about the largest ball purchase of my life! It says money back guarantee on the website though, so that's good.[/color][/color]
[/quote]
Thank you very much for the order and posting your feedback. Well I am very confident in the performance of the golf ball, I constantly stress customer service to my team and they are doing an excellent job. Seeing comments like these are very important to me and happy to see they are doing a great job. Our mantra in the office says "one customer at a time". Being a small start up company, we appreciate these comments very much and helps spread the word to others. Thank you.
Dean.

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1435518779' post='11850508']
[quote name='Foxy Grandpa' timestamp='1435443671' post='11846264']

[color=#000000][color=#222222]I just bought 5 MTBs for price of 4 (Father's Day Deal). This is way out of character for me. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my favorite pastime because I think the grip, swing and mentality are 100 times more important than the equipment (within reason). I still have my original TearDrop putter from 1994. I joined this site just to post this. I'll play a few rounds and report back later.[/color][/color]

[color=#000000][color=#222222]Played yesterday and caught up to a guy on the back nine who was playing the MTB. He was telling me about them and honestly, he sounded like the golf equipment whacko expert we've all played with. Until I hit it for a few holes. I'm not a great player and I don't play enough to be consistent (5-10 rounds a year + a bunch of outings), but I'm not bad. I bomb the ball (Driver Speed 115+), with about a 12 handicap and truly believe in the player, not the equipment. I love my driver (TM R11s), but since I love hitting huge off the tee (love the long drive holes at outings), the balls I use tend to be harder than I'd like around the greens. Maybe it's just that the guy was so convincing and I just happened to be playing well, but WOW!!! The distance seemed the same as the longest balls I've played, but it felt soft off my favorite wedge (TM RAC 60 deg) too! Since I don't practice or play enough, touch and feel from my 7 iron down to the putter is what separates a good day from a horrible day. When I don't "feel the ball" as I hit it, I stink! Aside from the expensive balls (love the ProV1x) I find around the course, I can't remember a ball in this price range felling as nice around the green. I didn't putt it well, but that was probably because I spent like 2 minutes before tee off at the putting green, so I wasn't putting well all day.[/color]

[color=#222222]I never spend more that $30 a dozen because when I have a bad round I can lose a bunch and I'm not rich! Got home and started researching Snell and my new favorite ball. This forum, TheSandTrap.com, was a critical piece and seemed to be honest and unbiased. The deal they have makes them about $25.50 a dozen. Worth the risk. Re-reading this, I sound like the Snell whacko (he didn't look like Dean Snell...hmmm) who I met on the course. Well, if this ball (and the company) takes off like I think it might, I'll feel better about the largest ball purchase of my life! It says money back guarantee on the website though, so that's good.[/color][/color]
[/quote]
Thank you very much for the order and posting your feedback. Well I am very confident in the performance of the golf ball, I constantly stress customer service to my team and they are doing an excellent job. Seeing comments like these are very important to me and happy to see they are doing a great job. Our mantra in the office says "one customer at a time". Being a small start up company, we appreciate these comments very much and helps spread the word to others. Thank you.
Dean.
[/quote]You're welcome. I hope I'll be thanking you after a few rounds! I already got an email about the shipping (free - nice touch) and it should be here Thursday. Can't wait to tee them up.

Is there any coupon codes to apply? You can PM me if there is. I'm on the edge ready to take the plunge!

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

[quote name='Hondabuff' timestamp='1435663732' post='11860962']
Is there any coupon codes to apply? You can PM me if there is. I'm on the edge ready to take the plunge!
[/quote]
Yes.. there is a special we have running for buy 4 get one free... details of special are on the website and code is entered at checkout...thank you

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1435665935' post='11861090']
[/quote]
Yes.. there is a special we have running for buy 4 get one free... details of special are on the website and code is entered at checkout...thank you
[/quote]

You need an avatar ;)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Ok, Just ordered 2 dozen balls and look forward to trying them. This kinda reminds me of the one guy who used to make the Satin Project X shaft and left to make his own company, They seem to be doing pretty well now.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

[quote name='WesL' timestamp='1435692033' post='11863962']
I had ordered the MTB buy 4 get one free deal during the Father's Day sale. On Friday, June 26, I carded my first Hole-in-One after 26 years of golf. Needless to say, I will be purchasing more, and can't imagine playing anything else at this point.

Thanks!
[/quote]
Wow. Awesome and congrats. Thanks for the order and best of luck the rest of the year.

My birthday is July 2nd. My wife just informed me that everyone is asking her what they could get me. I told her to go to the snellgolf website and order the Fathers Day special. Stressed to get the MTB version. After reading this thread, I'm looking forward to checking them out.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I have to ask Mr. Snell since you worked at Titleist with the original Prov1. Was it true if you teed it up on the seam that it would fly lower vs. teeing it up and hitting it on the name.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

[quote name='Hondabuff' timestamp='1435761413' post='11868762']
I have to ask Mr. Snell since you worked at Titleist with the original Prov1. Was it true if you teed it up on the seam that it would fly lower vs. teeing it up and hitting it on the name.
[/quote]
There was some truth to the seaming of the ball. If feed up along the seam the ball would fly longer off the tee. I was working at TaylorMade when the ball was launched and it is my understanding that this was noted and corrected within the year. Today we all have a symmetry test that the ball has to pass. This is very tight in a spec that requires the ball to fly the same when teed up in-seam and cross seam. So there is not any advantage to distance anymore if the balls are legal and on the conforming ball list. A lot of players still so this because of preference or look at the ball at address.

[quote name='Mathwiz' timestamp='1435717473' post='11866622']
My birthday is July 2nd. My wife just informed me that everyone is asking her what they could get me. I told her to go to the snellgolf website and order the Fathers Day special. Stressed to get the MTB version. After reading this thread, I'm looking forward to checking them out.
[/quote]
Thank you and Happy Birthday.

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1435865133' post='11877762']
[quote name='Mathwiz' timestamp='1435717473' post='11866622']
[/quote]
Thank you and Happy Birthday.
[/quote]

You're going to love them! My review should be up here shortly!

[/quote]
[/quote]
How do I keep missing these deals?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

[quote name='Fairways_and_Greens' timestamp='1435900353' post='11880546']
[/quote]
[/quote]
How do I keep missing these deals?
[/quote]
It is still running. See the website for details. Special ends today. Thanks.

Dean, is shipping to Hawaii really $50 or is there another shipping option?

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1436045728' post='11888262']
Dean, is shipping to Hawaii really $50 or is there another shipping option?
[/quote]
Please send an email to [email protected] and we can get you a quote to where u need them shipped to. Sometimes we have other options depending on how many are ordered. Thanks.

Prior to yesterday I was mixing the MTB in with Chrome+, Chrome Soft, and ProV1x both as a test and to use up some of my non-MTB supply of balls. Extremely impressed with all categories of performance.

Shot 75 yesterday that included a 309 yard drive. Absolutely predictable, soft, durable ball that sits when you want it to and is as long or longer than any other premium ball.

I hope the business is successful because I'd miss this ball the same way I missed the TP Red.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

[quote name='PGA_AllTheWay' timestamp='1436143854' post='11893258']
Awesome ball, I honestly don't mind losing the business of my members going directly to the website to order.

Dean, any pro discounts?
[/quote]
If you email us at [email protected] we can take a look at some good options for you.. there are a lot of pro shops who have emailed and purchased several dozens at a good price and being sold in the pro shops.. email us and I will see what we can do for you.. thanks