[/quote]
Thank you.
[/quote]

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1437919364' post='12021572']

[quote name='JOHN GOLIA' timestamp='1437836062' post='12017694']
Best new ball of the year.
[/quote]
Thank you.
[/quote]You are welcome. But we would all like to "Thank-You" for making such a great ball that we can afford.

Well Done Well Done

PS: Did I tell you that I :air_kiss: The ball?

I've been interested to find out if the Snell MTB will ever have any "prior generation" prices. I've read that Dean doesn't plan to change the design anytime soon. If that's the case then I wonder if there will ever be a discounted price for the previous generation balls. That's a big selling point for the larger manufacturers, they all have prior generation balls that can be purchased for around what a new MTB goes for. I actually really like this ball and it's what I'm currently gaming and I've introduced a good number of people to it.

It would be great to get an idea of what Dean's thoughts are on this. Also, I think adding another tour ball to the mix would be a great idea. Something along the lines of Prov1 & Prov1x, TP &TPX, and Callaways SR series. Just a thought.

[quote name='golf slacker' timestamp='1438031556' post='12029514']
I've been interested to find out if the Snell MTB will ever have any "prior generation" prices. I've read that Dean doesn't plan to change the design anytime soon. If that's the case then I wonder if there will ever be a discounted price for the previous generation balls. That's a big selling point for the larger manufacturers, they all have prior generation balls that can be purchased for around what a new MTB goes for. I actually really like this ball and it's what I'm currently gaming and I've introduced a good number of people to it.

It would be great to get an idea of what Dean's thoughts are on this. Also, I think adding another tour ball to the mix would be a great idea. Something along the lines of Prov1 & Prov1x, TP &TPX, and Callaways SR series. Just a thought.
[/quote]
One of the biggest problems (which sometimes is a benefit to consumers) is trying to control inventory when new products are launched. I have always believed that golf balls do not need to changed every year. In working with many tour players over the years, I can tell you this was their biggest complaint. Once they got used of a great performance golf ball, it would be changed. My plan today is to try to keep this performance and name (maybe shorten to MTB on the ball per your suggestions here). I agree that this may be very good for most players but there are some that look different levels of spin or feel. So I am in the process of looking into many prototypes to try to fit this level of performance as well. But promise to not take the current ball away. The feedback has been so positive and I appreciate everyone taking time to post their results. As for trickle down prices, we have added an everyday value pack where you can get 6 doz balls for 26.33 a dozen with free shipping. We will hold this price everyday so you guys don't have to wait for the close out prices. Thanks again for all the support here. Really appreciate it very much and this kind of information is very important to help spread the word and keep the prices affordable to you guys.

[quote name='left hand low' timestamp='1438049388' post='12031646']
Are there any tour guys that have made the switch yet?
[/quote]
That is an interesting decision. Right now, we do not have any large tour contracts so we are able to pass the savings off to the consumers. I have been contacted by multiple tour players/agents interested in the ball next year.. however, once we start to pay these contracts, the cost of the balls will go up.. so catch 22 here.. alot of people think we need to have tour players to validate the product. If we go that direction, it will validate the product, but then begin to raise the price which I would like to keep affordable for everyone. So at this time, my plan is to work hard to keep the price down, and who knows, maybe there will be some players using the ball in the near future.. cant give away all the secrets here.. haha...

Hey guys, I just wanted to post my results from the dozen I received last week. I played 36 holes this past weekend and played the ball for the first time. I had an "on" weekend and was actually able to use 1 ball for 27 holes. The ball looked great before I lost it, but durability I thought was there. I did show a few small marks from full wedge shots on it but nothing too serious!

As far as performance goes, it is a great ball and equal to or better than the "high end" balls. I have played mostly Titleist and this falls right in between the v1 and v1x as far as feel goes. I don't care about launch monitor numbers only real world experience. The ball seems to launch higher than most balls off the driver. That tells me maybe a little more spin than a Pro V1x. However, my drives were just as long if not a little further than usual. The ball really shines off the irons. It feels so perfect off of the irons and is perfect as far as compression goes. This ball for me spun a ton off the wedges and pitch shots. No running out really but all out assault on the flag and it stops every time. This ball is very good and is for sure a premium ball.

The bad news I only used 2 balls the whole weekend so I do not need to order any more. The good news in the next could weeks I will be ordering the 6 pack for sure no doubt!!!! I gave 3 balls away to my group I was playing with on Sunday for them to try as they had never heard of the ball obviously.....

Bottom line, it is not that these balls spin 20k rpm off the wedges and 1.5k off the driver as they don't. it is the fact that they are every bit as equal or better than any $40+ premium ball out there!!!

I would much rather see the prices stay low than have a few tour players validation. Without the direct to consumer discount and free shipping you'd have the case of another $40-50 ball played by tour players BUT you can't walk into a store and grab a dozen. Plus it would go against the smell mission statement to "spark a new interest in the game with my new tour caliber golf ball offered at an affordable, direct to consumer price"

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1438100515' post='12034984']
[quote name='left hand low' timestamp='1438049388' post='12031646']
[/quote]
That is an interesting decision. Right now, we do not have any large tour contracts so we are able to pass the savings off to the consumers. I have been contacted by multiple tour players/agents interested in the ball next year.. however, once we start to pay these contracts, the cost of the balls will go up.. so catch 22 here.. alot of people think we need to have tour players to validate the product. If we go that direction, it will validate the product, but then begin to raise the price which I would like to keep affordable for everyone. So at this time, my plan is to work hard to keep the price down, and who knows, maybe there will be some players using the ball in the near future.. cant give away all the secrets here.. haha...
[/quote]

If the price of the MTB goes up then what's the difference between it and the B330 or the Pro V1? I don't care about tour "validation". I play every weekend with 20 plus handicappers who play a Pro V. I would bet they would not know or feel the difference between a Pro V1 and a Bridgestone e5. I barely have enough game to take advantage of the quality of the MTB. IMO, SuperStroke has the right plan. Make a product that everyone wants to use and let them use it. Spieth and Dufner are the only two Staff players for SuperStroke yet its projected that at any given time 25% of a PGA tour field uses their grip.

If the price of the MTB balls get near Pro V1 and B330 levels the decision for me is an easy one, I find another ball to play.

[quote name='golf slacker' timestamp='1438107048' post='12035826']
I would much rather see the prices stay low than have a few tour players validation. Without the direct to consumer discount and free shipping you'd have the case of another $40-50 ball played by tour players BUT you can't walk into a store and grab a dozen. Plus it would go against the smell mission statement to "spark a new interest in the game with my new tour caliber golf ball offered at an affordable, direct to consumer price"
[/quote]

Exactly what i would say

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1438100515' post='12034984'][quote name='left hand low' timestamp='1438049388' post='12031646']
[/quote]
That is an interesting decision. Right now, we do not have any large tour contracts so we are able to pass the savings off to the consumers. I have been contacted by multiple tour players/agents interested in the ball next year.. however, once we start to pay these contracts, the cost of the balls will go up.. so catch 22 here.. alot of people think we need to have tour players to validate the product. If we go that direction, it will validate the product, but then begin to raise the price which I would like to keep affordable for everyone. So at this time, my plan is to work hard to keep the price down, and who knows, maybe there will be some players using the ball in the near future.. cant give away all the secrets here.. haha...[/quote]

I am with some of the others in that keeping the price is probably more important to most guys. Lots of us don't play a ball because a tour guy plays it.

My question was more geared toward kind of a journeyman or young guy who may not get paid to play X ball each week. Maybe a Ryan Moore type who went independent for a while. I can see maybe some guys ask you about them and you throw them some free balls and a logo if they want to wear it but I'm not sure it's exactly what you are looking for to pay some guys to play the product.

Who you may want to look more into is the club pro. Especially maybe the pro who works at a small club or doesn't sell the required amount of stuff to be on staff with someone. If you can get the balls in those guys hands they can be some of your best salesmen.

Just got my test pack in the mail today. I may put them into play tomorrow during my league.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
5W: Ping G430
3H & 4H: Ping G410
5H:  Ping G
6 - GW: Ping G25

54*: Ping Glide 4.0
58*: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Bounce
Putter: Odyssey Tri Hot Double Wide CH Putter

Grips:  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

Ball:  Titleist ProV1, Maxfli Tour, Taylormade TP5, PXG

[quote name='secondary' timestamp='1438215970' post='12044692']
1 dozen on the way. Want to hit them while it's still warm here. Be interested to see what happens when the temps drop as well.
[/quote]
Thanks for order.. just remember, when temp starts to drop and gets cold outside or overnight, you want to make sure you store the golf balls (any golf balls you may play) in the house and take with you to the course.. you do not want to leave in your car or in cold club storage places overnight. A golf that is kept cold will have remain cold during the round, and you will lose ball speed and distance. If you start the round with them around 70F, then play when it is cold, you will reduce this distance and speed loss..

Played 9 holes with the MTB today and was very impressed. Distance is comparable to my usual Z-Star XV, Lethal, or Chrome Speed.

Feel was fantastic off every club in the bag with a very good amount of green-side spin. Again, comparable to the XV, Lethal, and Chrome Speed.

I gave a few to friends and they loved them too.

This ball is the total package at a very good price. If you haven't tried them then you are missing out.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I bought a dozen and shared a sleeve with a scratch golfer I play with (speed @ 110). He's always been a PV1x player but he played the one Snell My Tour ball all 18 holes, shot a great score and asked how he can get more. The feel is very good - seems between a "regular" tour ball and the "x" version (pick your favorite). Distance is good without too much spin for my high 90s swing speed. Checks up very well but not spinning off the green like my usual TM Tour Preferred would sometimes. I think the best aspect is the consistent, predictable performance 100 yards and under. At this level of ball it's 90% feel, but that's a personal preference, not a performance choice I think for most people. It plays as good as any ball out there and for 25% less? That's a free sleeve every dozen.

I got in another 18 with the ball today and once again it is very very good and I really like this ball. I have shot 3 really good rounds with this ball. I played 2 balls tonight and played with a Calloway Chrome Soft in the other ball. This ball is a hair longer off the tee, feels 100% better off irons, more green side spin, and feels much better coming off the putter face than the Chrome Soft. Call me bias as I am not a fan at all of the Chrome Soft but it does not even compare to MTB. I will be ordering the value pack in the next week or so once I run out!

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1438303887' post='12050938']
Played 9 holes with the MTB today and was very impressed. Distance is comparable to my usual Z-Star XV, Lethal, or Chrome Speed.

Feel was fantastic off every club in the bag with a very good amount of green-side spin. Again, comparable to the XV, Lethal, and Chrome Speed.

This ball is the total package at a very good price. If you haven't tried them then you are missing out.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more...

If you demand tour level performance and you haven't tried this ball, you're missing out. Period.

[quote name='Jamboy72' timestamp='1438313874' post='12051868']
[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1438303887' post='12050938']

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more...

If you demand tour level performance and you haven't tried this ball, you're missing out. Period.
[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback and post. Appreciate the comments and this way of helping spreading the word continues to help keep costs down and performance affordable. Appreciate it very much.

And for the record, I don't find the Snell logo on the ball to be too large. I think its fine just the way it is.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Any in-depth reviews of the Get Sum around, or the MTB with slower swing speed players?

Driver: Honma TW747 10.5*

Fairways: Honma TW747 15* / 18*
Hybrids: Honma TW747 22* / 25*
Irons: Honma TW-X 6-11

Wedges: Honma TW-W4 54* / 58*
Putter: TaylorMade TP Collection Juno (33”)

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft (2020)

[quote name='trapsmv15' timestamp='1438394083' post='12057564']
Any in-depth reviews of the Get Sum around, or the MTB with slower swing speed players?
[/quote]

Some info on the Get Sum w/a slower swing speed -> http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1165311-testing-official-snell-golf-ball-member-review-thread/page__st__30#entry11938570

I should give my dad an MTB or two but, I'll admit it, I'm being a little greedy. I want to give them another shot now that it's warmer out to see what I think of them in contrast to earlier this year so I'm "hoarding" my last sleeve.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread