SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

[quote name='rebby' timestamp='1431371889' post='11539500']
[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1431368957' post='11539216']
[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1431361595' post='11538346']
Getting a lot of corroboration on here that the My Tour ball is longer than the ProV1x, but how does it compare spin-wise off the driver?
[/quote]
We have seen the Snell MY TOUR BALL have a slightly higher launch angle off the driver, with around 150 rpm less spin.. so this higher launch and lower spin is what will make the ball be longer with a driver.. remember to always try to get your launch angle up and driver spin down to increase distance.. a good target to shoot for is around 14 deg launch with 2200 -2300 backspin.. hope this helps.
[/quote]

Although, it may have been a few yards longer than the Pro V1x for me I felt that it was more susceptible to the wind than the V1x has been for me. I'm not exactly sure why though. With the lower spin, I'd expect it to be more stable in the wind but that is not the result that I saw. You can read more about it in my review in the GolfWRX member testing thread but, in summary, what I noticed was that into the wind, I saw more distance loss than I expected and in cross winds the ball was more affected by wind than what I'm used to as well. Downwind, the ball also landed hotter than I'm accustomed to. I did hit a few balls side by side w/the V1x, hence my comment above, but for the most part I was comparing the MTB w/my current ball, the 2010 Penta.

At the conclusion of my MTB review, what I really wanted to see was a lower spin version of the MTB. Perhaps, based on Dean's comment above, what I really should be asking for is lower launching version instead? Dean, any idea how the MTB compares to the 2010 Penta or is that ball too old to warrant comparison testing?
[/quote]
It would tough for me say anything bad about PENTA, since this was one of my babies back at TaylorMade.. I think that we design balls today for lower driver spin, a little softer feel, and controlled spin on irons... using softer and firmer covers, thicker or thinner mantles, lower or higher core compression can all affect performance..and then again remember that not every player launches the ball the same.. some are high launch low spin players, while others are low launch high spin.. and a lot in between... typically if the ball has less spin, it is less affected into the wind.. however if goes alot higher, this can actually stall the ball in the air and sometimes be short.. so a good balance is needed but that is player dependent... if you have your driver specs for launch angle ball speed and back spin, shoot them over to me and I can take a look at how I may be able to help in distance... btw.. still think PENTA was one of the best balls...

I used the My Tour Ball for the first time in a charity four man scramble last week. It set up perfectly me because my friend and I entered as a twosome and were able to hit two balls on each hole. I used the MTB and a Prov1X (Although the ball I use regularly is the Bridgestone B330S). I wasn't entirely focused on the subtle differences, but all of my best drives were with the MTB. It seemed longer than the Prov1X. I am playing again soon and plan on using the MTB exclusively for a round. I'll be able to give it a better review after that.

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1431375509' post='11539902']
Although, it may have been a few yards longer than the Pro V1x for me I felt that it was more susceptible to the wind than the V1x has been for me. I'm not exactly sure why though. With the lower spin, I'd expect it to be more stable in the wind but that is not the result that I saw. You can read more about it in my review in the GolfWRX member testing thread but, in summary, what I noticed was that into the wind, I saw more distance loss than I expected and in cross winds the ball was more affected by wind than what I'm used to as well. Downwind, the ball also landed hotter than I'm accustomed to. I did hit a few balls side by side w/the V1x, hence my comment above, but for the most part I was comparing the MTB w/my current ball, the 2010 Penta.

At the conclusion of my MTB review, what I really wanted to see was a lower spin version of the MTB. Perhaps, based on Dean's comment above, what I really should be asking for is lower launching version instead? Dean, any idea how the MTB compares to the 2010 Penta or is that ball too old to warrant comparison testing?
[/quote]
It would tough for me say anything bad about PENTA, since this was one of my babies back at TaylorMade..[/quote]

I figured that it was and since you've confirmed my suspicion, I'd like to thank you for your part in such a great ball. I will be replacing it with another ball this year, somewhat reluctantly, although my supply is starting to dwindle. With all the great balls out there today, I might even find a better fit for my game. Besides, I absolutely LOVE testing golf balls. As I mentioned in the GolfWRX Snell review, I'm a bit of a geek. ;)

[quote]I think that we design balls today for lower driver spin, a little softer feel, and controlled spin on irons... using softer and firmer covers, thicker or thinner mantles, lower or higher core compression can all affect performance..and then again remember that not every player launches the ball the same.. some are high launch low spin players, while others are low launch high spin.. and a lot in between... typically if the ball has less spin, it is less affected into the wind.. [b]however if goes alot higher, this can actually stall the ball in the air and sometimes be short[/b].. so a good balance is needed but that is player dependent...[/quote]

I think that this was/is my exact problem w/the MTB. Long story short, I've been testing drivers right now as well and actually saw better performance with the Nike Vapor Flex than I did with the Callaway DBD. I do launch the Flex lower than the DBD so this makes a lot of sense.

With the MTB I really struggled with my distance control when I was hitting the ball directly into a headwind from the driver through the wedges. Your comment that the ball can "stall in the air" is exactly what I experienced. I remember one specific wedge shot vividly, I had 71 yards directly into a 20mph headwind. Off the club face I was certain that I knocked it stiff, a first look at the ball in flight confirmed my feel, it was right on track. To my amazement it landed about 5 yards short and stopped dead. I was in shock, I felt like Hogan must have on #17 in the fourth round of the 1960 US Open. I dropped another ball, a 2010 Penta this time, and gave it another go. This one didn't feel as good, it felt like I gave it a little more than I should have and sure enough, the pitch mark was 3 paces deeper than I had intended (and a little right). This defiantly isn't the most subjective test, I'm defiantly not a robot and could have very well struck the second one harder after seeing the results of the first one. This exemplifies a pattern that I experienced quite a bit with the MTB in the wind, once the wind died down however, performance was very impressive.

I suspected that the ball was spinning too much for me. What was confusing about that though was that the ball wasn't really ballooning like I've experienced with overspin in the past. "Stalling" is a perfect description and is very likely what I was experiencing.

[quote]if you have your driver specs for launch angle ball speed and back spin, shoot them over to me and I can take a look at how I may be able to help in distance... btw.. still think PENTA was one of the best balls...
[/quote]

I'm still tweaking and tuning my drivers for 2015 but will surely take you up on that once I get everything ironed out in that regard. I should note however, my main concern isn't so much total distance as it is distance control. I play in windy conditions quite a bit as well so consistency in the wind is very important to me. In fact, I used to play one ball in "normal" conditions and another in windy conditions. Since becoming so accustomed to what I can expect from the Penta however, I've stuck with that ball in all conditions and want to stick with the single ball going forward as well (whatever that may be, is a lower launching MTB in the works?).

On another note, I've read a lot of the posts in this thread and others concerning the Snell line of balls and I tend to agree with the comments requesting more options in the premium line. I really like the MTB but, unless I want to make some swing and/or equipment changes, I need a similar ball with a slightly lower launch. It would be fantastic if I could really dial in [b]MY[/b] Tour Ball and get just that. With all of the other guys, I get (at most) 2 choices, neither of which may be ideal for my game. I'm forced to compromise in some way. I would be ecstatic if there was a way to customize and tune my golf ball. For example, after working with the MTB I was happy in basically every aspect but launch. Knowing that, can I get a lower launching MTB? I'll give that version a spin and see if that's the ball for me or if I'd like to tweak something else, so on and so forth. I would imagine that the sky is the limit to the number of balls that you could produce in this scenario but I suspect that it could be done, for the most part, with 3-5 balls. Of course, the cost in this business model would likely increase but this is the type of service that I'd gladly pay a bit more for. Then again, I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to golf balls so perhaps this isn't a business model that can scale much beyond a single customer? Either way I love what I've seen thus far and can't wait to see what is to come.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

[quote name='rainkingjr' timestamp='1431394523' post='11541896']
I used the My Tour Ball for the first time in a charity four man scramble last week. It set up perfectly me because my friend and I entered as a twosome and were able to hit two balls on each hole. I used the MTB and a Prov1X (Although the ball I use regularly is the Bridgestone B330S). I wasn't entirely focused on the subtle differences, but all of my best drives were with the MTB. It seemed longer than the Prov1X. I am playing again soon and plan on using the MTB exclusively for a round. I'll be able to give it a better review after that.
[/quote]
Awesome. Thanks for the post and look forward to your review. So far we are very pleased with the entire tee to green performance.

Along with all the positive comments here and the recent MGS review, I finally decided to place my order today. I hope they're as good as some of the reviews.

Ping G30 10.5* Driver
Callaway Big Bertha 815 14* Fairway
Cobra Z-Fly 3-4 & 4-5 Hybrids
Mizuno MP30 5-PW
Ping Glide GW SW LW
SC Studio Design 1.5 Black Pearl

[quote name='rebby' timestamp='1431404769' post='11543112']
[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1431375509' post='11539902']

[/quote]
It would tough for me say anything bad about PENTA, since this was one of my babies back at TaylorMade..[/quote]

I figured that it was and since you've confirmed my suspicion, I'd like to thank you for your part in such a great ball. I will be replacing it with another ball this year, somewhat reluctantly, although my supply is starting to dwindle. With all the great balls out there today, I might even find a better fit for my game. Besides, I absolutely LOVE testing golf balls. As I mentioned in the GolfWRX Snell review, I'm a bit of a geek. ;)

[quote]I think that we design balls today for lower driver spin, a little softer feel, and controlled spin on irons... using softer and firmer covers, thicker or thinner mantles, lower or higher core compression can all affect performance..and then again remember that not every player launches the ball the same.. some are high launch low spin players, while others are low launch high spin.. and a lot in between... typically if the ball has less spin, it is less affected into the wind.. [b]however if goes alot higher, this can actually stall the ball in the air and sometimes be short[/b].. so a good balance is needed but that is player dependent...[/quote]

I think that this was/is my exact problem w/the MTB. Long story short, I've been testing drivers right now as well and actually saw better performance with the Nike Vapor Flex than I did with the Callaway DBD. I do launch the Flex lower than the DBD so this makes a lot of sense.

With the MTB I really struggled with my distance control when I was hitting the ball directly into a headwind from the driver through the wedges. Your comment that the ball can "stall in the air" is exactly what I experienced. I remember one specific wedge shot vividly, I had 71 yards directly into a 20mph headwind. Off the club face I was certain that I knocked it stiff, a first look at the ball in flight confirmed my feel, it was right on track. To my amazement it landed about 5 yards short and stopped dead. I was in shock, I felt like Hogan must have on #17 in the fourth round of the 1960 US Open. I dropped another ball, a 2010 Penta this time, and gave it another go. This one didn't feel as good, it felt like I gave it a little more than I should have and sure enough, the pitch mark was 3 paces deeper than I had intended (and a little right). This defiantly isn't the most subjective test, I'm defiantly not a robot and could have very well struck the second one harder after seeing the results of the first one. This exemplifies a pattern that I experienced quite a bit with the MTB in the wind, once the wind died down however, performance was very impressive.

I suspected that the ball was spinning too much for me. What was confusing about that though was that the ball wasn't really ballooning like I've experienced with overspin in the past. "Stalling" is a perfect description and is very likely what I was experiencing.

[quote]if you have your driver specs for launch angle ball speed and back spin, shoot them over to me and I can take a look at how I may be able to help in distance... btw.. still think PENTA was one of the best balls...
[/quote]

I'm still tweaking and tuning my drivers for 2015 but will surely take you up on that once I get everything ironed out in that regard. I should note however, my main concern isn't so much total distance as it is distance control. I play in windy conditions quite a bit as well so consistency in the wind is very important to me. In fact, I used to play one ball in "normal" conditions and another in windy conditions. Since becoming so accustomed to what I can expect from the Penta however, I've stuck with that ball in all conditions and want to stick with the single ball going forward as well (whatever that may be, is a lower launching MTB in the works?).

On another note, I've read a lot of the posts in this thread and others concerning the Snell line of balls and I tend to agree with the comments requesting more options in the premium line. I really like the MTB but, unless I want to make some swing and/or equipment changes, I need a similar ball with a slightly lower launch. It would be fantastic if I could really dial in [b]MY[/b] Tour Ball and get just that. With all of the other guys, I get (at most) 2 choices, neither of which may be ideal for my game. I'm forced to compromise in some way. I would be ecstatic if there was a way to customize and tune my golf ball. For example, after working with the MTB I was happy in basically every aspect but launch. Knowing that, can I get a lower launching MTB? I'll give that version a spin and see if that's the ball for me or if I'd like to tweak something else, so on and so forth. I would imagine that the sky is the limit to the number of balls that you could produce in this scenario but I suspect that it could be done, for the most part, with 3-5 balls. Of course, the cost in this business model would likely increase but this is the type of service that I'd gladly pay a bit more for. Then again, I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to golf balls so perhaps this isn't a business model that can scale much beyond a single customer? Either way I love what I've seen thus far and can't wait to see what is to come.
[/quote]
In the perfect world, we could design a ball for every golfer.. it is very hard to fihd two players who have the exact same launch conditions from driver through wedge... then factor in preferred feel, sometimes color preference, and of course price.. so, obviously we are not able to do that.. what we tend to do in design is do a lot of player testing.. gather a ton of data, then sort the data to develop groups of players. Then we start the proto process to work to develop launch and spin that may help that group of players.. for example, when we test with tour players, they test every club.. .so we have to make sure the perfomrance is there for all clubs.. but when we test with recreational type golfers, they really do not care about a concern for their 4 iron knuckling and falling ouf of the sky like the tour players.. They are not asking to remove spin from wedges cause they cannot get to back pins..therefore, we work to help them have a nice feeling golf ball, that reduces spin off most clubs to help hit it straighter and enjoy the game a bit more... I have had the pleasure to work with just about every top tour player over the last 25 years, and can tell you that trying to find a design that fits every player on every shot is IMPOSSIBLE.. haha..but we keep moving along and have made great improvements to the golf balls over the years..

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1431693831' post='11563072']
In the perfect world, we could design a ball for every golfer.. it is very hard to fihd two players who have the exact same launch conditions from driver through wedge... then factor in preferred feel, sometimes color preference, and of course price.. so, obviously we are not able to do that.. what we tend to do in design is do a lot of player testing.. gather a ton of data, then sort the data to develop groups of players. Then we start the proto process to work to develop launch and spin that may help that group of players.. for example, when we test with tour players, they test every club.. .so we have to make sure the perfomrance is there for all clubs.. but when we test with recreational type golfers, they really do not care about a concern for their 4 iron knuckling and falling ouf of the sky like the tour players.. They are not asking to remove spin from wedges cause they cannot get to back pins..therefore, we work to help them have a nice feeling golf ball, that reduces spin off most clubs to help hit it straighter and enjoy the game a bit more... I have had the pleasure to work with just about every top tour player over the last 25 years, and can tell you that trying to find a design that fits every player on every shot is IMPOSSIBLE.. haha..but we keep moving along and have made great improvements to the golf balls over the years..
[/quote]

I'm impressed with what you can pull off. I'm not nearly as demanding as any of the tour pros out there so it's no wonder there are so many versions of each ball.

I will say that I loved the MTB until it got windy. That was the one scenario that it just didn't work for me so I'm anxiously awaiting whatever is to come next from Snell Golf. In your time at TaylorMade you also had a large part in the Tour Preferred line of balls, didn't you? Thus far I'm really liking the TP X. I've been a huge fan of the balls that you've turned out in the past (and currently) so I can't wait to see what the future holds.

I do have some of the GS and the MTB left from my review and will be sharing them with golfers that I expect to be great fits for both balls. Hopefully this will lead to some more orders for you.

Thanks for sharing your vast experience and knowledge with us here. You're really helping me understand my results quite a bit better. I find that when I understand the "why" I can better focus my attention in the right direction for the results that I'm looking for. You're posts thus far have been a huge help to me and, I'm sure, others as well.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x

[quote name='preiter20' timestamp='1431214876' post='11529374']
Played a My Tour Ball for the first time today. I really liked the ball. I have a 94-95 MPH driver swing speed and drove the ball excellent once I got my swing together on the back nine. I don't spin my short irons that much (15 hdcp) with a B330-RX but I had a number of mid-irons and short iron stick the greens today. I don't know if my swing speed is a fit for this ball but I really like the feel. Shot one of my best ever nines today at +2. Coincidence? Maybe, but I will continue to play this ball. Plus, I played one ball for 18. Fairway sand traps, rough, I put this ball through hell. Here are pictures of my ball from today and a new ball.
[/quote]

Question for Snell on the graphics. Based on the post above (even though I don't think the pics carried over to this post) is the <MY TOUR BALL> logo always aligned on the seam of the ball?

Any truth to the myth/story about putting a ball on the seam will yield better overall results?

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='rebby' timestamp='1431710086' post='11564586']
[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1431693831' post='11563072']
[/quote]

I'm impressed with what you can pull off. I'm not nearly as demanding as any of the tour pros out there so it's no wonder there are so many versions of each ball.

I will say that I loved the MTB until it got windy. That was the one scenario that it just didn't work for me so I'm anxiously awaiting whatever is to come next from Snell Golf. In your time at TaylorMade you also had a large part in the Tour Preferred line of balls, didn't you? Thus far I'm really liking the TP X. I've been a huge fan of the balls that you've turned out in the past (and currently) so I can't wait to see what the future holds.

I do have some of the GS and the MTB left from my review and will be sharing them with golfers that I expect to be great fits for both balls. Hopefully this will lead to some more orders for you.

Thanks for sharing your vast experience and knowledge with us here. You're really helping me understand my results quite a bit better. I find that when I understand the "why" I can better focus my attention in the right direction for the results that I'm looking for. You're posts thus far have been a huge help to me and, I'm sure, others as well.
[/quote]
Thank you and I am happy to answer any questions that will help. One of the best parts of my job was to travel and work with tour players as well as the general public and I have always loved the educational part of this work. People have a lot of questions and happy to answer if I can.

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1431714230' post='11564918']
[quote name='preiter20' timestamp='1431214876' post='11529374']
Played a My Tour Ball for the first time today. I really liked the ball. I have a 94-95 MPH driver swing speed and drove the ball excellent once I got my swing together on the back nine. I don't spin my short irons that much (15 hdcp) with a B330-RX but I had a number of mid-irons and short iron stick the greens today. I don't know if my swing speed is a fit for this ball but I really like the feel. Shot one of my best ever nines today at +2. Coincidence? Maybe, but I will continue to play this ball. Plus, I played one ball for 18. Fairway sand traps, rough, I put this ball through hell. Here are pictures of my ball from today and a new ball.
[/quote]

Question for Snell on the graphics. Based on the post above (even though I don't think the pics carried over to this post) is the <MY TOUR BALL> logo always aligned on the seam of the ball?

Any truth to the myth/story about putting a ball on the seam will yield better overall results?
[/quote]
Yes we stamp the balls along the seam so they all have to same look. There is not any performance advantage hitting along the seam. The balls have to pass a symmetry test where they are hit along the seam and cross seam and they have to fly the same to very tight tolerances. When the original prov1 came out this was true. The ball would be longer if hit along the seam. This was corrected and is not the case anymore. A lot of players like to use the logos and tee up or putt the same way.

Let a friend got the MTB in a scramble today. He loved it and grabbed a full sleeve before going home. Dean, you'll likely be getting at least a few orders as a result of our round today.

BTW, we won by 3. Good day all around. My partner hit the MTB. I was playing a TPx. Thank you!!!

[quote name='rebby' timestamp='1431913763' post='11576208']
Let a friend got the MTB in a scramble today. He loved it and grabbed a full sleeve before going home. Dean, you'll likely be getting at least a few orders as a result of our

BTW, we won by 3. Good day all around. My partner hit the MTB. I was playing a TPx. Thank you!!!
[/quote]
Awesome. Thanks for helping spread the word. Appreciate the support and congrats on the win.

I bought a box of Snell balls just to try them out. For me, they are somewhere between a Pro V1 and V1X in terms of feel. They are as long off the tee as any ball and I haven't noticed any problem in the wind since the wind seems to be blowing pretty well at my home course all the time. Where they really shine for me is off the irons. They check up nicely on the greens we have which are pretty firm. Feel good off the putter too.

All that being said, I will buy Snell balls again. I have given out a couple to my friends and they will be buying them as well.

[quote name='DevilDog' timestamp='1432063413' post='11587788']
I bought a box of Snell balls just to try them out. For me, they are somewhere between a Pro V1 and V1X in terms of feel. They are as long off the tee as any ball and I haven't noticed any problem in the wind since the wind seems to be blowing pretty well at my home course all the time. Where they really shine for me is off the irons. They check up nicely on the greens we have which are pretty firm. Feel good off the putter too.

All that being said, I will buy Snell balls again. I have given out a couple to my friends and they will be buying them as well.
[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback.. glad you like the performance and appreciate the support...

[quote name='preiter20' timestamp='1431909928' post='11575756']
Played another 18 today with a MTB. Love this ball. played one ball all day, the cover of the ball took a beating but the performance was awesome. Ordering another two dozen this week.
[/quote]
Nice. I can remember the days when players would use 4 to 5 balls a round due to the durability. Glad to hear it lasted all 18 holes and you liked the overall performance. Thanks for the feedback.

Well the Snell MTB went up against the Tour Preferred and RZN Platinum and the MTB won out again. I wrote about it earlier in this thread but its just an overall solid ball. I love the feel of it off all of my clubs. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all my Lethals...

Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

Just ordered a dozen balls tonight. I'm glad I found this thread and I'm excited to give this ball a try. Awesome to see the feedback from everyone and Mr. Snell giving out such great information.

The Bridgestone rep was at the club today and I did a fitting. I normally game a Prov1x but sad to say it's not totally on performance. I love the look of the ball. Here are the numbers:

[b]Current Ball[/b]
Prov1X
[b]H/S MPH:[/b]106.5
[b]B/V: [/b] 149.0
[b]L/A: [/b]14.3
[b]B/S: [/b]3440
[b]S/S: [/b]+192
[b]DIST: [/b]253

He Recommended
B330 RX
[b]H/S MPH:[/b]105.5
[b]B/V: [/b]148.5
[b]L/A:[/b]16.6
[b]B/S: [/b]3295
[b]S/S: [/b]+170
[b]DIST: [/b]254

I am having terrible spin rates, but that is more likely a cause of my swing and driver. Luckily I don't play at sea level so my distances are a little longer but nowhere near what it has been. My game is a mess as a whole, I have lost roughly 7 mph on my driver swing speed.

So I'm expecting miracles, which is what you promise right??

[quote name='rpaige88' timestamp='1432249546' post='11604460']
Well the Snell MTB went up against the Tour Preferred and RZN Platinum and the MTB won out again. I wrote about it earlier in this thread but its just an overall solid ball. I love the feel of it off all of my clubs. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all my Lethals...
[/quote]

I doubt you will have any problem unloading them. To me for example . :pimp:

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

[quote name='Jwharris' timestamp='1432277800' post='11606588']
Just ordered a dozen balls tonight. I'm glad I found this thread and I'm excited to give this ball a try. Awesome to see the feedback from everyone and Mr. Snell giving out such great information.

The Bridgestone rep was at the club today and I did a fitting. I normally game a Prov1x but sad to say it's not totally on performance. I love the look of the ball. Here are the numbers:

[b]Current Ball[/b]
Prov1X
[b]H/S MPH:[/b]106.5
[b]B/V: [/b] 149.0
[b]L/A: [/b]14.3
[b]B/S: [/b]3440
[b]S/S: [/b]+192
[b]DIST: [/b]253

He Recommended
B330 RX
[b]H/S MPH:[/b]105.5
[b]B/V: [/b]148.5
[b]L/A:[/b]16.6
[b]B/S: [/b]3295
[b]S/S: [/b]+170
[b]DIST: [/b]254

I am having terrible spin rates, but that is more likely a cause of my swing and driver. Luckily I don't play at sea level so my distances are a little longer but nowhere near what it has been. My game is a mess as a whole, I have lost roughly 7 mph on my driver swing speed.

So I'm expecting miracles, which is what you promise right??
[/quote]

Ha ha... miracles are tough to promise... I took a look at your numbers... to be blunt, you are right, they are no where near ideal for a driver... you want to try to have 14 deg with a spin of 2500 rpm... not 3400 rpm.. when the launch angle goes up this high, the spin as to be lower... you are right, alot has to do with you as the player.. Since your launch angle is so high, and spin so high, I would try to test a driver with 1 to 2 degree lower loft.. this will help you lower spin and launch and add distance. As for the fitting of a ball, I do not believe anyone should fit a ball with a driver... as you noticed here, they go about the same distance.. but they are different around the green or from 100 yards and in. So test the different golf balls from 100 yards and in.. hit lots of shots... 70 yds.. 30 yds... pitches... putts... chips... then find the one you like...then go back to the tee and try to lower you loft and spin with your driver.. you play the most golf around the green.. balls are different around the green.. find the one you like and then use that off the tee..just one word of note on your fitting, the RX ball in my opinion is a nice product, but offers a low spin rate around the green as well.. so you will not get the check or ability to stop closer than you can with other models..if you like the bump and run or release shots then this is OK. but if you want alittle more spin to help stop the ball closer, try some of the other tour type models out there...off the tee they will be similar.. but around the greens they are not.. good luck.. hope this helps..

[quote name='Yrrdead' timestamp='1432295231' post='11607042']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha I went crazy on the woot deal every time it came up for the lethal practices. Pretty sure I have about 15+ dozen all around the house. I didnt even need them but it was too good of a deal I had to order them. Its still a great ball but I have found a new crush.

[quote name='rpaige88' timestamp='1432317941' post='11609386']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha I went crazy on the woot deal every time it came up for the lethal practices. Pretty sure I have about 15+ dozen all around the house. I didnt even need them but it was too good of a deal I had to order them. Its still a great ball but I have found a new crush.
[/quote]
You can sell on eBay and they buy more Snell balls. Nice. Haha. Thanks for the support. Glad you like the performance.

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1432424793' post='11615550']
[quote name='rpaige88' timestamp='1432317941' post='11609386']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You can sell on eBay and they buy more Snell balls. Nice. Haha. Thanks for the support. Glad you like the performance.
[/quote]

Buying more is a given haha. Time for a new listing on the bst

After reading all the great reviews on these, I decided to order a dozen MTB last week and finally got on the course with them today. Put them up against my normal gamer (2015 pro v1x). All I can say is WOW!! The MTB felt softer to me off all clubs, was longer off the tee with less spin, and had tremendous green side control and feel. I have played tour quality balls from every manufacturer, and I must say, this might be the holy grail(for me). Reminds me a lot of the TM tp red ball. Well done mr. Snell, well done.