Shankieboink's 10 000$-100 000$ challenge

I stuck a speculative Each Way £5 on Padraig Harrington @300/1 after he hit 18th green in two yesterday. Dropped to 200/1 when he made the two-putt birdie. He needs to finish in the first 4 places for me to get a return. A small chance if he repeats the 65 I think :)

Interesting tournament so far, and alot more mileage to go in betting terms i think. Very possible someone could come out of the pack in the 4th round with a super low round. Think Phil might need a 57 though :)

[i]"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty" [/i]

[b]Harry Vardon[/b] (1870-1937)

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I live bet Jimmy Walker for a potential 1400 net win.

So should we start carving Jason Days name on the trophy??

Nice win Gamble!

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Lol I live bet Jimmy Walker for a potential 1400 net win.

So should we start carving Jason Days name on the trophy??

Well done !

I wonder what odds he was at the start of the tournament ?

Thanks guys!

Depending on where you looked it was 125-1 or 100-1

I have to give the guys that played two rounds credit, following Jimmy and Streb for their first round then sitting on those uncomfortable grandstand bleachers on 18 destroyed me. It took every ounce of focus to not fall asleep driving home. I could not imagine actually playing two rounds in that weather.

Side notes: before Jimmy hit his layup on 18, almost everyone in the grandstand joked about him duffing it in the water. Then as he hit it we lost where the ball was in the sky and at the same time a bird hit the water and the whole crowd gasped thinking he just blew it. Thankfully he didn't but I had flashbacks of the masters.

Also, unbeknownst to me, my gf and I were walking next to Erin Walker for a few holes and she seemed very sociable despite how much pressure she must have felt being his better half.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Rahm 250 @ 22-1 weak field may give him a good opportunity to break through.

Brooks 63 @ 16-1

Berger 25 @ 40-1

Hadwin 15 @ 150-1

Lovemark 20 @ 150-1

Kaufman 20 @ 150-1

Also this is my DK team this week as well...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

So i pressed some bets because... yolo

Pumped another 25 on love mark at 70-1

another 25 on kaufman at 125 -1

another 125 on berger at 25-1

Total (if) Wins:

Rahm: $5,500 plus 250 back

Brooks: $1,008 plus 63 back

Berger: $4,125 plus 150 back

Hadwin: $2,250 plus 15 back

Lovemark: $4,750 plus 45 back

Kaufman: $6,125 plus 45 back

Also, let me know if any of you are playing any of the Parx Big Stax events.

I'll give it a go this week (albeit with smaller bets than you other guys tend to go for)

10NOK~1USD

Stenson 100NOK x 6 for win

Garcia 50NOK x 8 for win

Kjeldsen 50NOK x 17 for Top 3

Kofstad 100NOK x 13 for top 10

Can't ignore Garcia and Stenson on this course that looks to favor ball striking. Kjeldsen is a good wind player and I have a good feeling for him this week. Espen Kofstad is relatively unknown, but has climbed ~1000 spots in the OWGR the past 8 months. Won the CT rankings in 2012 but has struggled with back injuries since. Won his last start on the CT, so 13x for a top 10 aren't too bad IMO.

Still have 50NOK to put, but waiting for inspiration from you guys. Patrick Reed?!

I'll give it a go this week (albeit with smaller bets than you other guys tend to go for)

10NOK~1USD

Garcia 50NOK x 8 for win

Can't ignore Garcia and Stenson on this course that looks to favor ball striking. Kjeldsen is a good wind player and I have a good feeling for him this week. Espen Kofstad is relatively unknown, but has climbed ~1000 spots in the OWGR the past 8 months. Won the CT rankings in 2012 but has struggled with back injuries since. Won his last start on the CT, so 13x for a top 10 aren't too bad IMO.

Still have 50NOK to put, but waiting for inspiration from you guys. Patrick Reed?!

Even though he is a self-admitted "passionate" player and somewhat xenophobic, I think Bubba has a really good chance on this course. His ability to hit the ball and more importantly the shot shaping will give him a big edge here. Add in the fact that the greens are very receptive to sticking it close due to the less firm and less fast conditions, he should be able to throw darts all week.

You just have to hope that he doesn't get mentally "fatigued" in the first two rounds...

Stenson and Lingmerth looked confident in the video I saw the other day where they were having a practise round, and a gold medal in the olympics would be huge for them. Winning olympic gold is very big in Sweden. The form Stenson has shown lately makes him the favourite and I really do think he will win this. He's only at 6x and that's pretty low but I think there is about 1/3 he will win as I don't see that many that will challenge him. Lingmerth would really like to win this (has a big win this year) and was great odds on him so I'll throw him in there also.

The 2016 Olympics

Henrik Stenson 6x $700

David Lingmerth 51x $200

Total: $900

Funds: $7360

Stenson and Lingmerth looked confident in the video I saw the other day where they were having a practise round, and a gold medal in the olympics would be huge for them. Winning olympic gold is very big in Sweden. The form Stenson has shown lately makes him the favourite and I really do think he will win this. He's only at 6x and that's pretty low but I think there is about 1/3 he will win as I don't see that many that will challenge him. Lingmerth would really like to win this (has a big win this year) and was great odds on him so I'll throw him in there also.

The 2016 Olympics

Henrik Stenson 6x $700

David Lingmerth 51x $200

Total: $900

Funds: $7360

Good luck Sweden and Shankie!

BTW, if you remember my Norwegian commentator-rant during the British Open, I finally acquired myself a VPN, so now it's Zache all the way for me too ;)

10NOK~1USD

Garcia 50NOK x 8 for win

You have spent 300NOK for a possible 400NOK win for Sergio. It doesn't make much sense to put any more money out there.

10NOK~1USD

Garcia 50NOK x 8 for win

You have spent 300NOK for a possible 400NOK win for Sergio. It doesn't make much sense to put any more money out there.

2nd time you've wrote something like this and it makes no sense.

10NOK~1USD

Garcia 50NOK x 8 for win

This bet is only in place to get my money back if none of the other bets go in and Sergio wins. Although I understand your point, this tactic has worked well in my betting career so far.. Different strategies, I guess :)

I have £5 on Miguel Tabuena of the Philippines at 150/1 Each Way (1/5 odds, place 1-5) . Dithered on 200/1 yesterday, and he's now made a decent start so odds have shortened slightly.

Backing him for my wife really, who being a good flag-waving Pinay was in levels of rapture seldom seen after Philippines got a silver in the weightlifting the other day, the country's first Olympic medal for 20 years !!!

Good start for Marcus Fraser. Also Lingmerth at 3-under as I type, and Espen Kofstad at 4-under !

Good luck everyone !

Sigh.. Covered my bets tho (wont post the sum here as I didn't post it here). I allso put a bet for my father who has never watched golf in his life but he said Thursday that "the ugly Englishman" would win, hah. Also, Blade Junkie, I told him he's Welsh ("exactly", was his answer :)).

Anyway, I think Stenson was the best player this week. Rose had a few breaks today and played great during the week even if he had hole outs, hole in ones.. Meh, now I'm just a bad loser :)

Sigh.. Covered my bets tho (wont post the sum here as I didn't post it here). I allso put a bet for my father who has never watched golf in his life but he said Thursday that "the ugly Englishman" would win, hah. Also, Blade Junkie, I told him he's Welsh ("exactly", was his answer :)).

Anyway, I think Stenson was the best player this week. Rose had a few breaks today and played great during the week even if he had hole outs, hole in ones.. Meh, now I'm just a bad loser :)

I don't think Rose has any Welsh in him at all LOL. Born in South Africa to English parents.

Must admit I am scratching my head as to why I didn't back the Team GB guys, especially as Justin used to be attached to my club (Golf at Goodwood). i usually like a "home" bet ... oh well ...

I'm also looking at the Wyndham leaderboard and wondering why Si Woo Kim couldn't have done that 3 weeks ago at the US PGA when I had him at 250/1 lol.

We seem to be backing all the right players in this thread this year, but in all the wrong weeks :)

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This year has been the biggest roller coaster ever.  I started down 160 units from January to right before the Dell Match Play.   I was going to take a break from betting to clear my head.  I tried pulling my money out of the site I predominantly used but it glitched and would not let me out of it.    Since it was a small amount, i gave up and just fired the 1.5 units on Scottie Scheffler.  it hits.  So i fire 9 units on him in the masters, that hits.  10 weeks later i am 10 for 13 (having typically 3-4 horses in each event) and have turned a 160 unit loss into a 350 unit win.  

This week i put 15 units on rory @ 12-1 (yesterday's odds) and 2 units on Mito @ 55-1  

it is funny because this thread was one of the things that got me interested in golf betting.  It got me to do some research and fire on Zach Johnson in the 2015 Open Championship at 80-1.  I was playing with house money from that point on.  Thanks Shankie for starting the thread!

Edited by Gamble Gamble

• 1 year later...

I love looking at my old bets and thinking, wow, those were based on such bad logic.  

What a ride it has been.  

On 4/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, Shankieboink said:

Masters 2022

$300 Tiger Woods (x56)

$300 Cameron Champ (x151)

Had a two years break from betting but started again December last year. It’s difficult to come back to it tho! A lot change in two to three years. 

Shankie, are you still in the golf betting game?