Shankieboink's 10 000$-100 000$ challenge

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paddy Power gave me a free £20 bet, so I've bunged £10 Each Way (1/4 odds place 1-5) on Soren Kjeldsen, available at 60/1 with a first round 67 in the bank, and he is a good player in the wind.

He was in my possibles list before the event and I am slightly kicking myself I didn't back him at 175/1, but 60/1 will do, especially as it hasn't cost me anything :)

[i]"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty" [/i]

[b]Harry Vardon[/b] (1870-1937)

Paddy Power gave me a free £20 bet, so I've bunged £10 Each Way (1/4 odds place 1-5) on Soren Kjeldsen, available at 60/1 with a first round 67 in the bank, and he is a good player in the wind.

He was in my possibles list before the event and I am slightly kicking myself I didn't back him at 175/1, but 60/1 will do, especially as it hasn't cost me anything :)

I can't agree more! I'm also kicking myself for not backing him. And now he's down to 29x, that will probably change when a few more players start scoring today. You are sitting nicely with 60x, but 175x for Kjeldsen.. yikes!

Strong finish from DJ today. He's now 28/1 ... quite tempted by that ... he's only 8 back, has some momentum, and is well capable of firing back to back good rounds over the weekend.

Schwartzel 40/1 after a great 66 today ... hmmm ... :)

The 2016 Open Championship! This is a hard one, but there are some interesting sleeper picks. Last weeks Scottish Open gave an interesting preview. A Noren won and that wasn't really a surprise. He is an excellent player in the wind. A bunch of guys were pretty close, but I think Tyrrell Hatton was the most interesting player out of those (his putter was not as good as it can be). This (sigh): Stenson and Mickelson both had some real up and downs and I don't know what to make of that, but they are both great players for this tournament. Stenson won 3 weeks ago, but has been a bit shaky other than that the last few months. I think I'll pass, but keep an eye on them if I get good live bet value.

J Day should be the favourite and at 10x I think he is a good pick. Z Johnson at 67x is also very good value.

The 2016 Open Championship

Jason Day 10x $300

Alex Noren 91x $150

Zach Johnson 67x $150

Tyrell Hatton 126x $80

Total: $680

Funds: $8260

The 2016 Open Championship! This is a hard one, but there are some interesting sleeper picks. Last weeks Scottish Open gave an interesting preview. A Noren won and that wasn't really a surprise. He is an excellent player in the wind. A bunch of guys were pretty close, but I think Tyrrell Hatton was the most interesting player out of those (his putter was not as good as it can be). This (sigh): Stenson and Mickelson both had some real up and downs and I don't know what to make of that, but they are both great players for this tournament. Stenson won 3 weeks ago, but has been a bit shaky other than that the last few months. I think I'll pass, but keep an eye on them if I get good live bet value.

J Day should be the favourite and at 10x I think he is a good pick. Z Johnson at 67x is also very good value.

The 2016 Open Championship

Jason Day 10x $300

Alex Noren 91x $150

Zach Johnson 67x $150

Tyrell Hatton 126x $80

Total: $680

Funds: $8260

tough break on that call, but we both have a shot with ZJ

Lets both win a collective 25k!

(this is the first time our bets have been overlapping)

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Pleased to see Tyrell Hatton place in top 5 - that won me some money to minimise losses on other bets I had placed on Dustin Johnson and Lee Westwood. Reed and Kjeldsen almost made it a good week, as did Johnston, who I had picked up at 100-1 to place top 3 about half way through the third round.

Down about £60 overall, but not bothered as the golf in that last round from Stenson and Mickelson was well worth that :)

Pleased to see Tyrell Hatton place in top 5 - that won me some money to minimise losses on other bets I had placed on Dustin Johnson and Lee Westwood. Reed and Kjeldsen almost made it a good week, as did Johnston, who I had picked up at 100-1 to place top 3 about half way through the third round.

Down about £60 overall, but not bothered as the golf in that last round from Stenson and Mickelson was well worth that :)

Down a lot this weekend, but was just a fantastic day for golf so i don't mind really (even if I'm mad I didn't bet Phil and Stenson. Bad mistake)

Anyone betting on The Senior Open Championship ?

I went for a "Swedish Double", with £10 Each Way @300/1 on Magnus Persson Atlevi, who opened today with a 70 and is two behind the leader.

I somehow managed to get those odds AFTER his round ... they were a bit slow to update things at Paddy Power today :)

Ker-chingggggg ! :)

Nice hit!!! Well done.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

Phil did win last time the PGA was at Baltusrol in 2005, so he knows the course, plus is bang in form, and he went straight there after The Open to start practising in earnest. On Paddy Power he is available @20/1, which is decent, but too short for me, but I quite like Kaymer @60/1, and Jhonattan Vegas @125/1 (bang in form). DJ is the favourite at 15/2, which rules him out for me as not enough potential Each Way winnings unless I bet large. If I was betting large, Stenson @14/1 would be the man. I think he is going to stay hot. Sergio Garcia has gone 1, T5, T5, T5 in his last four starts, including two Majors, so he is definitely a good Each Way bet at 28/1.

Being English, I'll also give consideration to Danny Willett @66/1, Andy Sullivan @125/1, Tyrell Hatton @150/1, Matt Fitzpatrick @175/1, and Chris Wood @200/1, assuming he has recovered from his bad neck. And you can always have a nice cut of prime English "Beef" @200-1 as well. Lee Westwood is possibly worth a sentimental Each Way bet @66/1. He opened with two 68s in 2005 before falling away to T17th.

From the US pool, I'm thinking about Patrick Reed @50/1, JB Holmes @60/1, Bill Haas @90/1, Daniel Berger @100/1 and Tony Finau also @100/1.

And probably K-T Kim @400/1 as my Asian representative. Another Asian will win a Major one day ... might as well be him :)

I want to distill all that down to about 4/5 players to bet on, and then see how the tournament develops.

-4 won last time out in 2005, and Janzen's and Nicklaus' US Open wins in 1993 an 1980 respectively were at -8, so we probably aren't going to see the typical USPGA Championship birdie fest

Last major of the year... Go big or go home.

Phil $465 @ 18-1

DJ $135 @ 8-1

I'll be the one next to the 18th green going aped*ck when Phil makes his final putt for the win.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

What are the odds on Rory? The course is absolutely perfect for him.

I see he is currently 9-1, tied for second favorite.

I just have a feeling, I'd throw 25 at it.

Everyone seems to be putting him as a huge favorite except the odds makers...

Ok so my initial bets are on three UK-based players plus an Asian long shot :)

£12 E/W on Andy Sullivan @125/1

£10 E/W on Tyrell Hatton @200/1

£10 E/W on Chris Wood @200/1

£ 6 E/W on Si Woo Kim @250/1

Might place some others as we get going ...

Phil $465 @ 18-1

DJ $135 @ 8-1

I'll be the one next to the 18th green going aped*ck when Phil makes his final putt for the win.

So if DJ wins, you will gain $480 overall. Meh. The Phil bet is a good one though, statistically speaking.

how does this work? at 8/1 and a 135 bet....how is the profit only 480?

NEVERMIND...i see you're taking into account the lost wager on phil

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Added £10 E/W on Soren Kjeldsen @250/1 after he went to +1 today.

Bit irked that I didn't back Vegas, who has carried on his hot streak today, or Phil when I could have got him at 40/1 at +4.

Decent start for my picks though.

McIlroy .. OUCH !!

Now .. the big question ... where oh where is our spiritual thread leader LOL ? Come on Shankie - we're all dying to know who you've backed :)

Phil $465 @ 18-1

DJ $135 @ 8-1

So if DJ wins, you will gain $480 overall. Meh. The Phil bet is a good one though, statistically speaking.

I still like my Phil bet. He played well on the final 9. Once he got reasonably under control he started resembling the Phil from 2 weeks ago.

Phil $465 @ 18-1

DJ $135 @ 8-1

I still like my Phil bet. He played well on the final 9. Once he got reasonably under control he started resembling the Phil from 2 weeks ago.

I'll give you 500-1 odds on DJ now. Haha. I spent all my draftkings lineups centered on DJ/JB holmes..

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Phil $465 @ 18-1

DJ $135 @ 8-1

I'll give you 500-1 odds on DJ now. Haha. I spent all my draftkings lineups centered on DJ/JB holmes..

Seriously my DK is so f***ed now too...

Phil $465 @ 18-1

DJ $135 @ 8-1

You can get 50-1 on Mickelson now :)

Lol I live bet Jimmy Walker for a potential 1400 net win.

So should we start carving Jason Days name on the trophy??