2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

I rarely drink while I play but … GTW3: Your score is Raw Score - Course Handicap – Beers consumed (apply the strokes based on handicap hole if playing a match): What would your score be? Who on here would be the favorite? I'm taking a guess from what I've read that VTNerf and Eagle would do well in this competition.

One time for 9 holes my scores got adjusted to: two eagles, three birdies, three pars, one other (made an 8 on the second hole of the nine). 10 drinks in 9 holes. Potentially excessive. 18 holes is way more of a sprint than 9 holes is. I figure I'd be somewhere in the mid to upper 60s. Something like 82 – 7 – 10 or 84 – 7 – 12 seems about right.

Hey now, I reserve the majority of my consumption to after rounds or weeknights at home! I've tried to play this thing called golf on quite a few beverages before, but it just doesn't appeal to me any longer. A couple during the round, sure. But not 6 or more deep. That's what the bar is for!!!! And hopefully a better view than the links.

3mswbkA.gif

If it makes you guys feel better, I didn't get one. So maybe it is somewhat selective.

I didn't get one either. Maybe we are the special ones?

This is a stupid story about the reversal of special, but I think it's funny. . .

In our office building, there's always been an "office pecking order". . .you start out in an interior double, then you move to a window double when one opens up, then you move to an interior single, then you move to a window single. Window singles open VERY RARELY. Like someone who has been here 30 years has to die or retire.

There are people in the office who really seem to care about that stuff ("did you know so and so is getting a single, and such and such has been here longer?"). They tend to be the douchier among us. Used to be you had to be here for like 15 years to have an interior single. Only people who were here in the 80's basically had a window single.

There's one guy I regularly yell back-and-forth at over the issues of the day who is VERY concerned with his status in the office. Big office gossip. Knows who is shirking his hours. Always knows who is leaving or pregnant, or divorcing, or moving offices, or whatever. Pretty sure it was the proudest moment of his life years ago when he moved into the rarified air of an interior single.

Now, a few people from time-to-time didn't want to move from a "window double" to an "interior single", but singles were still primarily people who had been here a long time, or people who were "special". (e.g. douch3 used to always talk about how it was all seniority and he was in line. Then this Chinese statistician who had been here like 5 years got a single just because he was awesome.). I used to tell douch3, "I don't think I'd want a single. I like having a window."

And he'd go, "well, that's because they haven't offered you one. You'll take it when the time comes."

Anyway, we recently acquired a little more office space and windows opened up, so interiors opened up, so window doubles opened up, etc.

They basically asked who wanted to move to an interior single. There was such a tepid response from the people in the pipeline that people who have been here like 2 years were getting interior singles. I'm talking cogs ("here, do this grunt work."). So essentially, if you tried to distinguish pecking order by looking at window-doubles vs. interior singles, it would almost be meaningless. It completely stripped away any sort of "prestige" of having an interior single.

I put "prestige" in quotes on purpose. Douch3 is the type of guy who wouldn't put prestige in quotes.

It's been an absolutely great source for bustin' that guy's balls.

I do consider douch3 a friend. We just see things differently.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

These guys are under the influence of performance enhancing drugs, just look at them! And there are whispers of paper bags full of cash involved for them to go to VT in the first place! Where is the NCAA when you need them! This wouldn't happen at Maryland!!! :-)

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

I like Blue Mash for the Red Tee Challenge. The "driveable" par 4s aren't all that driveable. On #7 I'm not sure if there is any angle to hit the green because of the trees. If you feel good about your sand game you can definitely be in that bunker in 1 though. #8 is a glorified long par 3, but it's tricky when you are around that green and not on it. #10 would need a really aggressive line and bring the water in to play. #14 is driveable without any major problems around the green, but some front bunkers could catch it. I can't entirely tell where the red tee is on #15, but it looks like it's completely blocked out on the line you'd need to take to the green. But again, it looks like you could get in the greenside bunker in 1.

Basically, start working on your sand games if you are thinking of taking on any of those short holes.

These guys are under the influence of performance enhancing drugs, just look at them! And there are whispers of paper bags full of cash involved for them to go to VT in the first place! Where is the NCAA when you need them! This wouldn't happen at Maryland!!! :-)

Hilarious.

Plus you made me do a search for "college fishing championship"...

http://www.collegiatebasschampionship.com/

http://www.ncaa.org/champion/reel-deal

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/current-college-team-rankings

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

My self diagnosis is driving me to analysis paralysis. Two days ago I recorded every swing and was hitting the ball pretty well. I was striping my drives by the end. Yesterday I couldn't hit a single drive well. I think it had a lot to do with ball height off the tee. Having to swing up more to catch it center of face messing with my path/face angles and blah blah. But it was still frustrating.

With that said, I spoke to a buddy about it and he recommended I see the pro at Magnolia Green. I hear great things about her and she is the women's golf coach at my alma mater. I still have two lessons on credit with another pro, but he basically ended with "your swing looks fine" at our last lesson so...yeah.

One thing I want to ask her is if I am too bent over at address. I feel like this could be one reason why I fade off so hard by the end of the round. It feels like I'm too bent over because my clubs are too short. I'll post a video from the other day here in a bit.

This is for jhbangas, but really it's for the world.

KingCobraJFS now has over 3000 subscribers.

You all might want to check out some of his recent videos, like his 3 hour video where he eats a bowl of spicy cheetos, or the one where he makes french fries, and legit starts a fire on his stove top.

Overheard in City's house, "are you watching that weird guy again?"

"maybe"

"what is wrong with you?"

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

You all might want to check out some of his recent videos, like his 3 hour video where he eats a bowl of spicy cheetos, or the one where he makes french fries, and legit starts a fire on his stove top.

"maybe"

How many of those subscribers are burner accounts made by the two of us?

I did a lot of Word not allowedfishing in college. Almost always ended up not hooking anything but I did get drunk a lot. Silver lining!

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

I did a lot of Word not allowedfishing in college. Almost always ended up not hooking anything but I did get drunk a lot. Silver lining!

heresjohnny_zpsfb6ba05b.gif

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

assfishing is a sport? huh. learn something new everyday.

Yup. Sure is. And us Hokies are darn good at it too.

i've seen VAT girls. pretty much shooting fish in a barrel, amirite?

nyuk nyuk nyuk

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

"maybe"

How many of those subscribers are burner accounts made by the two of us?

My boss moments ago - Why are you giggling?

Me - Uhhhhh...my friend sent me a funny joke?

pr112012-2.jpg

This is how it starts.

Next year, these guys have tutors, and special "classes" they take.

They start recruiting promising senor Word not allowedfishermem, then holding summer Word not allowedfishing camps, and before you know it they've got their own private lake stocked, and a fishing coach making a million a year. This whole Word not allowedfishing is going to be a multi million dollar industry in 15 years.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Man, some good golfers got cut from some of those bigger qualifying locations. . .guys like Allenby, Villegas, my wife's favorite golfer : Jamie Lovemark, Stricker, Ben Crane, Beuregard, Kyle "Swass" Reifers, KJ Choi.

http://www.golfwrx.com/380692/u-s-open-sectional-qualifying-whos-in-whos-out/

Some of these guys are in fields with Jason Kokrak and Kevin Streelman when it seems like they could be playing up here against Nerf's buddy Squirrel.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

how did the RR challenge work out last yr?

i think i was 2 years ago? pretty sure no one broke par. fabb had the best chance, then the greenside bunker at NW got 'em and he ended up signing a doller for C.Free. afterwards, we sat around the patio and had a few drinks and laughs and nothing else happened at all.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Golf Talk Wednesday : For those planning to play the Red Rag Challenge, what is your course handicap from the red tees, and what do you think you can shoot?

Blue Mash: 68.7/120 par 72

http://www.bluemash.com/coursephotos/scorecard/

course handi: 6

http://www.usga.org/course-handicap-calculator.html

i'm going to go predict a smooth 70 for myself, net 64.

2MT-Net will be in the high 50s.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Golf Talk Wednesday : For those planning to play the Red Rag Challenge, what is your course handicap from the red tees, and what do you think you can shoot?

I'm at a 13 course handi. At a 66.5 rating, so I have to shoot around 79 or 80. (edit: at a 68.7 rating, I have to shoot 81-82)

I've shot 82-85 a few times from the whites and blues. I'm going to work on my sand game and pencil myself in for a 77 78.

how did the RR challenge work out last yr?

i think i was 2 years ago? pretty sure no one broke par. fabb had the best chance, then the greenside bunker at NW got 'em and he ended up signing a doller for C.Free. afterwards, we sat around the patio and had a few drinks and laughs and nothing else happened at all.

The greenside bunker didn't get me. Well it did, but I was long gone by that point. -5 thru 13, and I'm sitting what I thought was 150 out after my drive on the par 5 14th. Turns out I lasered the trees behind the green. I'm staring down my shot, only to see it sail clear into those trees. That one moment completely undid me. I wasn't even mentally present after that. Came in a very easy stretch of holes with one horrific shot after another in +7, for a 74. I don't know that I've ever had a bigger meltdown than that.

Blue Mash: 68.7/120 par 72

http://www.bluemash....otos/scorecard/

course handi: 6

http://www.usga.org/...calculator.html

i'm going to go predict a smooth 70 for myself, net 64.

2MT-Net will be in the high 50s.

Well what do you know. The Grint has the red tee ratings wrong. They have it at 66.5/118.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have a rating for the red tees for men. Just call them up and ask.

GTW : Course handicap will be a 3 or 4 when we play, and I'm predicting a smooth 74. I don't think it's going to be conducive to going low. The holes have enough trouble lurking at normal distances. Playing them shorter generally brings more trouble into play if you're still hitting driver. The greens there aren't easy either. I could see some of the guys with good short games like Eagle, PQ, and City doing well.