2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Mark your calendars:

The Red Rag Challenge is scheduled for July 7th, 3:00PM, at Blue Mash.

This is a Thursday afternoon and will likely be a shotgun (although that's not confirmed). Groups were booked based on interest but if you were interested, I now need confirmation from you on availability. THIS IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, I'm asking that you PM me with a Yes or No for that day.

We will have a Low Net and Low Gross prize, and I'm asking that everyone involved to contribute $5 on top of their course fee. This will go towards the prizes and I will set up cash skins (none of that 50/50 Give It Back shite).

Reminder- replies buried in the thread are not PMs. Emails or texts can work too but I can't scan the pages every hour for this.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I just got back from my first major HOA meeting since moving in, where they were nominating and voting on new board members. Holy smoke the crazy comes out.

You went nuts?

I was about to, but held off. I figured it wouldn't be fair since I'm such an intimidating person. Might frighten the older folks a bit too much.

Take THDC with you next time. Just you two. Feed him some vodka. Like a gremlin. And tell him you'll kick his butt on the course and close him out by 14. And talk about UNC...

Man I want to be there to watch that. Sull will end up being nominated for HOA board VP, then kicked out the 'hood.

I got one of these the other day for my GorillaPod and tried it out yesterday afternoon. Works really well for getting swing video.

Obligatory update: my head is finally level in the backswing, big improvement. That alone has the turn synced up better. Still some more work to do takeaway wise but I'm liking the results so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5-OyMjC6yQ

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I got one of these the other day for my GorillaPod and tried it out yesterday afternoon. Works really well for getting swing video.

Obligatory update: my head is finally level in the backswing, big improvement. That alone has the turn synced up better. Still some more work to do takeaway wise but I'm liking the results so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5-OyMjC6yQ

I have the exact same iPhone cradle! Swing looks good!

The only thing THDC needs to do for intimidation is wear shorts.

#demcalvesdoe

There used to be a street named after Thread Hero Dave Chen, but it was changed, because nobody crosses Thread Hero Dave Chen and lives.

Thread Hero Dave Chen doesn't turn on the shower. He looks at the showerhead till it crys.

What was going through the minds of all Thread Hero Dave Chen's opponents before they died? His shoe.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Golf Talk Thursday : Red Rag Challenge inspired topic today. If you could turn one par 4 at your home course into a short par 4 by moving up to the red tees, which one would you pick?

17th at Bull Run. Turn it from 450 yards to 325 yards, all downhill though, so maybe 350 is better but I wanted it to be reachable for some. 325 makes it tricky (almost gimmicky) for the lay up. There are 2 large trees closer to the green and the fairway pinches the closer you get. The green is elevated, skinny, undulating, and at an angle. Junk and OB left, right, and long, all in play if you're going for the green. Wouldn't be the hardest short par 4, but enough risk/reward that it makes for an interesting decision on the tee.

Here's a picture from the blue tees, you can see the front tees off to the left.

27487646261_61a0d53168_b.jpg

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Playing Sunday in a B team match at Rolling Road CC. This is a course where you can get beaned on half the holes from tee shots coming the other direction. Playing Saturday in Pa. with the son in a Father - Son tournament.

I heard they always are very strong because their course is quirky and no one from away can shoot a decent score. Seems to be some general resentment of them among the other b teams. They postponed their match with piney branch for some wierd reason. That's our last match in late July. Winters run next Saturday. Decent chance I'll play

Playing Sunday in a B team match at Rolling Road CC. This is a course where you can get beaned on half the holes from tee shots coming the other direction. Playing Saturday in Pa. with the son in a Father - Son tournament.

I heard they always are very strong because their course is quirky and no one from away can shoot a decent score. Seems to be some general resentment of them among the other b teams. They postponed their match with piney branch for some wierd reason. That's our last match in late July. Winters run next Saturday. Decent chance I'll play

I was at Winters Run yesterday doing a demo and the course look beautiful.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

#2 at Pine Ridge might make a good short 4.

driveable, but if you go long, left or right, you are in trouble.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Additional thoughts/realizations after my round yesterday.

1. The XR driver will be shelved temporarily. Back to the Fly Z, with which I don't have as many big misses.
  2. The 1966 TR Anser 2 is so money and it doesn't even know it yet.
  3. The Deuce Banger would have been very handy at Penderbrook, and any course with short par 4s. For my game, at least.
  4. The knockdown. So many instructors discourage the short, steep swing with lots of shaft lean, but I am reverting to using those shots more.
  5. The shyte. Lots of goose poop at Penderbrook, as always. Probably all over my clubs, balls, water bottle, shoes, etc. Need to carry a gallon of Purell for after rounds there.

Toulon Palm Beach

Golf Talk Thursday : Red Rag Challenge inspired topic today. If you could turn one par 4 at your home course into a short par 4 by moving up to the red tees, which one would you pick?

17th at Bull Run. Turn it from 450 yards to 325 yards, all downhill though, so maybe 350 is better but I wanted it to be reachable for some. 325 makes it tricky (almost gimmicky) for the lay up. There are 2 large trees closer to the green and the fairway pinches the closer you get. The green is elevated, skinny, undulating, and at an angle. Junk and OB left, right, and long, all in play if you're going for the green. Wouldn't be the hardest short par 4, but enough risk/reward that it makes for an interesting decision on the tee.

Here's a picture from the blue tees, you can see the front tees off to the left.

27487646261_61a0d53168_b.jpg

Actually, not all downhill. Green is elevated, so makes running it on more of a challenge. Good bailout spot short right, but pretty much dead left, as you mention.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Just thought of this incident from yesterday. Penderbrook's 9th hole is away from the club house, and they have a snack bar/hut off the 9th green. The guy working at the place had a golf cart and set of clubs on it, and while I was walking up to the 9th green, he was practicing chipping (bare foot, but I've no issue with that). He tells me that he works there, and moves his balls off the green as I set up to putt, but then proceeds to chip as I hit the putt, which I leave 10 feet short from about 30 because I wasn't sure what the hell he was doing. Then even as I'm standing over the second putt, he's still chipping, so I swat one close to the hole and leave. Didn't really bother me until now, but WTF. I've half a mind to call them back to let them know their staff needs to be educated better, or more appropriately, not be allowed to do that at all.

Toulon Palm Beach

Just thought of this incident from yesterday. Penderbrook's 9th hole is away from the club house, and they have a snack bar/hut off the 9th green. The guy working at the place had a golf cart and set of clubs on it, and while I was walking up to the 9th green, he was practicing chipping (bare foot, but I've no issue with that). He tells me that he works there, and moves his balls off the green as I set up to putt, but then proceeds to chip as I hit the putt, which I leave 10 feet short from about 30 because I wasn't sure what the hell he was doing. Then even as I'm standing over the second putt, he's still chipping, so I swat one close to the hole and leave. Didn't really bother me until now, but WTF. I've half a mind to call them back to let them know their staff needs to be educated better, or more appropriately, not be allowed to do that at all.

Did he have a red shirt and a tam?

#16 at Worthington Manor. I like the hole, but don't really like the semi-blind (blues) or blind (blacks, not that I play them) tee shot to the left to right sloped fairway. The whites and reds give a good look at the hole. The scorecard says the reds are 342, but doing it on the map shows it right at 300 yards from the front of the red box to the front of the green, and it's decently downhill. Still has the merkin and sand near the green to give it a little protection.

The only thing I don't like about changing that hole is that it provides an extra scoring chance on the back which is already easier than the front IMO.

Additional thoughts/realizations after my round yesterday.

1. The XR driver will be shelved temporarily. Back to the Fly Z, with which I don't have as many big misses.
  2. The 1966 TR Anser 2 is so money and it doesn't even know it yet.
  3. The Deuce Banger would have been very handy at Penderbrook, and any course with short par 4s. For my game, at least.
  4. The knockdown. So many instructors discourage the short, steep swing with lots of shaft lean, but I am reverting to using those shots more.
  5. The shyte. Lots of goose poop at Penderbrook, as always. Probably all over my clubs, balls, water bottle, shoes, etc. Need to carry a gallon of Purell for after rounds there.

Doth my eyes deceive me? Did Puppetmaster just praise a putter? How long has it been in the bag?

I just got a Fly Z yesterday and am giving it the maiden voyage this afternoon. It at least looks nice so far :)

It is quirky and many don't like the course because of it. The place is only 90 acres with 18 holes. They generally have a strong team but never win the whole thing if I recall correctly.

Winters Run had a strong team when SPCC played them

Tex you were 16 minutes from my house if you were at Winters Run. The place is in the best shape I have seen it in years.

I'm really enjoying looking into all articles and posts about bethpage and people's experiences.

Reading all of the stories is building more and more a mystic about it for me since the opens there were a few years ago and I had kind of forgot about it.

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

It is quirky and many don't like the course because of it. The place is only 90 acres with 18 holes. They generally have a strong team but never win the whole thing if I recall correctly.

Winters Run had a strong team when SPCC played them

Tex you were 16 minutes from my house if you were at Winters Run. The place is in the best shape I have seen it in years.

Dang Kent, I could of taken you up on your dinner offer.

Now that I'm trying to gain muscle mass I'm eating a lot more.

I was thinking a couple of lobster tails, some asparagus, and couscous

protos F4

So you know, DT was talking about the Edels being on the chopping block...

protos F4

#16 at Worthington Manor. I like the hole, but don't really like the semi-blind (blues) or blind (blacks, not that I play them) tee shot to the left to right sloped fairway. The whites and reds give a good look at the hole. The scorecard says the reds are 342, but doing it on the map shows it right at 300 yards from the front of the red box to the front of the green, and it's decently downhill. Still has the merkin and sand near the green to give it a little protection.

The only thing I don't like about changing that hole is that it provides an extra scoring chance on the back which is already easier than the front IMO.

I think 14 at WM would be fun, move the tees forward and left a little. Lots of balls ending up in the clubhouse and practice green though. 10 would be a good one too.

Or heck, let's use everyone's "favorite" green complex, the 3rd. Move the tees forward and right, put it at 285 yards and see what happens.

#eaglemultiplechoiceresponse

Toulon Palm Beach