MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1429541505' post='11397427']
[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429541274' post='11397399']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429541106' post='11397381'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429540891' post='11397351']
Did someone what to play PoS and not get in? There is a spot up for sale. Please pm me.
[/quote]

dave chen has right of first refusal. he was first on the waiting list.[/quote]
Dave,
Hit me up and I'll forward you the pp to pay. Being the go between guy right now.
[/quote]When you get that PP from Chen, you forward $6 of that onto me, cowboy.

[/quote]

Make that $7!

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

[quote name='pquarta1' timestamp='1429542364' post='11397529'][quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1429541505' post='11397427']
[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429541274' post='11397399']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429541106' post='11397381'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429540891' post='11397351']
Did someone what to play PoS and not get in? There is a spot up for sale. Please pm me.
[/quote]

dave chen has right of first refusal. he was first on the waiting list.[/quote]
Dave,
Hit me up and I'll forward you the pp to pay. Being the go between guy right now.
[/quote]When you get that PP from Chen, you forward $6 of that onto me, cowboy.

[/quote]

Make that $7![/quote]

Don't go all tight tw polos on me...I put 7 in my reply to your "playing" partner ;)

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='pquarta1' timestamp='1429542299' post='11397519']

I speculate the greens were no greater than 12-7 on the stimp. The "kid" wiping down the clubs had a huge shi+-eating grin on his face when he said they mow them every day. He thought it was hilarious, and topped the conversation off with, "you gotta blame something, right?"
[/quote]

you really don't know how much that p*ssed me off. an example of the overall lack of acknowledgement of the course conditions from day-of staff. 'oh, it's fine' does not work in the aftermath of that travesty.

i really should stop. making myself angry again.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429542892' post='11397597']
[quote name='pquarta1' timestamp='1429542299' post='11397519']
I speculate the greens were no greater than 12-7 on the stimp. The "kid" wiping down the clubs had a huge shi+-eating grin on his face when he said they mow them every day. He thought it was hilarious, and topped the conversation off with, "you gotta blame something, right?"
[/quote]

you really don't know how much that p*ssed me off. an example of the overall lack of acknowledgement of the course conditions from day-of staff. 'oh, it's fine' does not work in the aftermath of that travesty.

i really should stop. making myself angry again.
[/quote]

Nobody blames you, but I totally get your anger. I'd be in jail today had I booked that event. You are zen by comparison.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Lesson learned from my first round of 2015 - I need to play on the course more, period. Captain Obvious strikes again, bam.

I played one of the worst rounds in years, despite having 5-6 really productive range sessions over the last 2-3 months. Couldn't hit a solid, or even straight shot to save my life. I think I hit 1 fairway, 1-2 GIR, had 2 pars, lost 6 balls, and probably shot about 95. The positives were that my wedge play and putting are actually pretty good despite not playing since December. Too bad those saves were for double and triple. At this point, I'm probably going to show up to Potomac Shores with a hybrid, a half set of my old cavity backs, and leave all the other crap at home until I learn how to play golf again.

Hidden Creek CC in Reston was a pleasant surprise, didn't realize there was a course tucked out there. The range is halfway out onto the course, which is whack, but despite that it's a really well designed, old school parkland course (tree lined, dog-legged) set up for walking. IIRC, it's an Ed Ault design, and was sort of like Reston National and Penderbrook, just longer. Conditions were excellent and the greens were smooth and true. Some open holes where you can let rip, others were a little more placement is involved. Would definitely go back there again should the opportunity arise.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1429541287' post='11397401']
[quote name='jhbangas' timestamp='1429540353' post='11397293']
Stix/Eagle - Who put up the eagle on the Par 4 3rd? Drive the green? Short chip? Hole out from distance?
[/quote]It was driveable from the whites. I think Sull glassed it at 230.
[/quote]

Ya. It says 319 on the scorecard, so I couldn't bring myself to hit driver even though the laser told me ~230. 319 must be going perfectly straight then going at a right angle toward the green. I hit something ~200 yards and then only had about 80 to the flag, and that's taking the non-direct route. I'm sure some of the guys out there could have driven it with a fairway wood.

[quote name='pquarta1' timestamp='1429543295' post='11397657'][b]Tex, [/b]next time we play, I'll go even tighter. Just for you. I might even have cut-outs for my nipples.[/quote]

Oh my...I barely can swing a club now. I would really sh*t the bed.

protos F4

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1429543144' post='11397623']
Lesson learned from my first round of 2015 - I need to play on the course more, period. Captain Obvious strikes again, bam.

I played one of the worst rounds in years, despite having 5-6 really productive range sessions over the last 2-3 months. Couldn't hit a solid, or even straight shot to save my life. I think I hit 1 fairway, 1-2 GIR, had 2 pars, lost 6 balls, and probably shot about 95. The positives were that my wedge play and putting are actually pretty good despite not playing since December. Too bad those saves were for double and triple. At this point, I'm probably going to show up to Potomac Shores with a hybrid, a half set of my old cavity backs, and leave all the other crap at home until I learn how to play golf again.

Hidden Creek CC in Reston was a pleasant surprise, didn't realize there was a course tucked out there. The range is halfway out onto the course, which is whack, but despite that it's a really well designed, old school parkland course (tree lined, dog-legged) set up for walking. IIRC, it's an Ed Ault design, and was sort of like Reston National and Penderbrook, just longer. Conditions were excellent and the greens were smooth and true. Some open holes where you can let rip, others were a little more placement is involved. Would definitely go back there again should the opportunity arise.
[/quote]

Self quote, with actual thoughts from this week:

Me 2 days prior on the range "Hitting the ball like this, there's no way I should be shooting more than 80..."

Me on the course "Hitting the ball like this, I can't see how I'll ever break 90 again..."

Funny game this is...

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='thechief16' timestamp='1429543871' post='11397717']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1429541505' post='11397429']
Eagle, your PM box isn't accepting messages apparently.
[/quote]

Can confirm.
[/quote]

[s]unblocked puppetmaster[/s] cleared out the inbox. ;)

should be able to receive messages now.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Well, when it rains it pours I guess.

Played a course in Kentucky at a bachelor party this weekend. They had a short par 5 that I carried a hill and got a huge kick on my drive, just had wedge in. Holed it for an albatross, less than 2 weeks after my first hole-in-one. Gotta love 2015. Granted, it was more like a long par 4 (actually the set up was similar to 15 at Augusta from the member tees) but the pin was tucked and next to a severe side slope so it was still a pretty freak shot.

To top things off, for our last night out the bachelor's fiancee sent a note with us to a bourbon bar. She had them stash this for us a few months beforehand...

8jD1K12.jpg

Pretty solid weekend.

Played a course in Kentucky at a bachelor party this weekend. They had a short par 5 that I carried a hill and got a huge kick on my drive, just had wedge in. Holed it for an albatross, less than 2 weeks after my first hole-in-one. Gotta love 2015. Granted, it was more like a long par 4 (actually the set up was similar to 15 at Augusta from the member tees) but the pin was tucked and next to a severe side slope so it was still a pretty freak shot.

To top things off, for our last night out the bachelor's fiancee sent a note with us to a bourbon bar. She had them stash this for us a few months beforehand...

8jD1K12.jpg

Pretty solid weekend.

cray cray cray cray cray cray cray cray cray

8jD1K12.jpg

Pretty solid weekend.

I need new friends!

Bad @$$!!

protos F4

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429544891' post='11397825']
[quote name='thechief16' timestamp='1429543871' post='11397717']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1429541505' post='11397429']
Eagle, your PM box isn't accepting messages apparently.
[/quote]

Can confirm.
[/quote]

[s]unblocked puppetmaster[/s] cleared out the inbox. ;)

should be able to receive messages now.
[/quote]

I self resolved. Was looking for the link for Grint discount over the weekend. Found it in one of your PS emails.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1429543144' post='11397623']

[/quote]

You were playing golf swing, weren't you?

You were playing golf swing, weren't you?

3330728618_4650129ce0.jpg

You know it. That's exactly why I could only function like a normal human being from 100 yards in. "I just need to get the ball from here, to there..." Boom. Done.

On full swings, I can't clear my head. I need to get back to my mindset late last year. Right now, if I played bump and run irons off every tee and on every approach, I'd probably lower my handicap, lol.

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1429548163' post='11398231']
Right now, [b]if I played bump and run irons off every tee and on every approach[/b], I'd probably lower my handicap, lol.
[/quote]

hey boogs! STINGERS!

:D

this reminds me: i am sucking in the wind these days. i'm hitting it significantly higher for whatever reason these days, and it's killing my scores. i used to be able to 'read' the wind decently, apparently that's one of the many skills i've lost. really need to learn to hit it lower again.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1429551231' post='11398617']
I just noticed that the local US Open Qualifier is at Blue Mash this year. Two days after the Capitol Cup. That could be playing brutally. Will probably have the rough growing over length on the weekend then give it one long cut before the qualifier.
[/quote]

the other side of the coin: it could be in damn near perfect shape.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429551396' post='11398633']
[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1429551231' post='11398617']
I just noticed that the local US Open Qualifier is at Blue Mash this year. Two days after the Capitol Cup. That could be playing brutally. Will probably have the rough growing over length on the weekend then give it one long cut before the qualifier.
[/quote]

the other side of the coin: it could be in damn near perfect shape.
[/quote]

Yeah, didn't we play the DCGT event at Worthington a week before the qualifier a couple years back? Course was in amazing shape. I played with Goose, Boogs, and Vince.

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='AFSFK' timestamp='1429557437' post='11399625']
Local CC that I want to join doesn't offer a membership w/o cart. The other one does but range balls ain't free. DECISIONS
[/quote]

Thanks, one more reason I have now to hate Virginia.

Frankly, that's ridiculous that they charge for range balls.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

[quote name='AFSFK' timestamp='1429557437' post='11399625']
Local CC that I want to join doesn't offer a membership w/o cart. The other one does but range balls ain't free. DECISIONS
[/quote]

How hilly is the cart-required one. Front Royal has some terrain to it. The cart may be a necessity with ups and downs, and distances between holes. Imagine you could walk if its possible on the nicer days, but still have the ability to ride in club events or during the heat or rain or snow. And the range balls...not free, or will they slide a token across for you during a weekend round but want to you to buy them if you go out for a 3 hours session on a Tuesday?

Edit: If you are looking at 2 that are close, does one offer a range membership for cheap? Didn't realize BG has 36. Right next to Shendandoah. And BRS is right down the street. Could maybe warm up at one/do range work there. Then head over for tee time.

Picked up the XR Pro hybrid this weekend, XR 3 iron / Recoil 110 stiff is getting the boot. I still have these delusions every 6 months that I will find a hybrid I like - but that never seems to happen.

Must...not...stop...trying...

The UDI had been great when its great but its definitely suffered from a few clanky moments off the tee which are in no way related to my clank swing. Probably will keep it in the bag for Florida next week though as at least the clanky ones will sty under the wind.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash