MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1430168593' post='11453579']
Any of you ever flip-flop on your grip?

I grew up playing an interlock grip, and for some reason a few years ago I switched to overlap. I can actually remember exactly when it was. Late 2012 when I was in Hawaii, I was on the range and just switched. I think I just couldn't get my hands in the proper spot while feeling comfortable. Anyway, the other day I found myself very comfortable with an interlock grip on my putter (instead of reverse overlap), and now I'm questioning the change. I might try out the interlock at PoS and see how it goes.
[/quote]

When I went to left hand low - with two fingers interlocked - it took me over 6 months to get used to. Dont question the change just yet.

OG SIM 10.5 - Mitsubishi Vanquish 5x

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1430168593' post='11453579']Any of you ever flip-flop on your grip?

I grew up playing an interlock grip, and for some reason a few years ago I switched to overlap. I can actually remember exactly when it was. Late 2012 when I was in Hawaii, I was on the range and just switched. I think I just couldn't get my hands in the proper spot while feeling comfortable. Anyway, the other day I found myself very comfortable with an interlock grip on my putter (instead of reverse overlap), and now I'm questioning the change. I might try out the interlock at PoS and see how it goes.[/quote]

Find something you are comfortable with and go with it. The only way you will know is if you commit to it when it counts.

Try it and see what happens. Worst case, your handicap goes up at the right time for CC... #moarstrokes ;)

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

sully -

if you are in an experimenting mood, just for S and giggles, try a 10 finger. i'd also try to shorted up that swing. over-rotation is killing your impact speed.

!!!! these are just my observations, i am not a qualified instructor !!!!

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1430168593' post='11453579']
Any of you ever flip-flop on your grip?

I grew up playing an interlock grip, and for some reason a few years ago I switched to overlap. I can actually remember exactly when it was. Late 2012 when I was in Hawaii, I was on the range and just switched. I think I just couldn't get my hands in the proper spot while feeling comfortable. Anyway, the other day I found myself very comfortable with an interlock grip on my putter (instead of reverse overlap), and now I'm questioning the change. I might try out the interlock at PoS and see how it goes.
[/quote]

Was just talking to a guy at work about this today. He went from overlap to interlock this past weekend and loved the results.

I've always used interlock, it's not something I've considered changing. If my pro says my setup and grip are fine, I'm going to listen to him. Most of the issues stem from alignment, which I seem to have a really bad feel for with full shots.

I suppose I'll always be a bit contrarian in regard to length. Everyone looks at me and says "TOO LONG." Yeah, it was a lot worse a couple years ago but it's better these days. It is a symptom of really bad play, if it gets worse. But there really isn't a particular length threshold that I'm trying to get to. It's a long term change and it is very difficult, much less ill-advised, to all of a sudden actively shorten your swing. I can't do it on command and when I do try on the range, the results are disastrous. You can lose your swing bottom and hit shanks that way. Maybe others will have success where I can't.

It's something that I've brought up every single time I've taken a lesson, and it's never something that my pro specifically worries about. His viewpoint is that a swing can be longer if you can maintain a good path, which is different for everyone. We always work on path and the swing sorts itself that way.

Everyone will snicker and laugh at my wedge swing, etc, but I'm beyond the point of caring.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Busy day in the hive. Agree with the gold tee declaration. Breakfast sammich choice is an English muffin. soaks up the grease from the sausage and the goop, if any, from the egg. I love bagels, but they are too dense to soak up the stuff.

Looking at the map earlier today, there is a iHop and Waffle house at the exit off I95 on the west side. More options. I am leaving same time I leave for work, 5:00. I am at Fairfax County Pkwy about 5:45. I figure an hour to the exit, then a leisurely breakfast, hopefully. I am in the first group, so I can't lolligag

[quote name='Kent01putt' timestamp='1430173673' post='11454083']
2 hr drive for me will leave the house at 4:45 to beat the traffic

Qualified today for the match play next week at SPCC. Shot a nice 77 today. 10 GIR and 31 putts. Pretty happy with this score, game maybe coming around.
[/quote]

Greens are rolling really nice right now.

This is absolutely disgusting stuff in the city right now. I hope all these business owners got out of there before then madness started.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

[quote name='GooseHook' timestamp='1430173166' post='11454027']
It's something that I've brought up every single time I've taken a lesson, and it's never something that my pro specifically worries about. His viewpoint is that a swing can be longer if you can maintain a good path, which is different for everyone. We always work on path and the swing sorts itself that way.

Everyone will snicker and laugh at my wedge swing, etc, but I'm beyond the point of caring.
[/quote]

Oh yeah who gives a rip how your swing looks if you are getting the job done. For me, my extra long swing was causing all sorts of other issues with my posture so it was something I was willing to do. Changing your swing length is no joke, its taken me almost a year to get used to it. And things definitely got worse and worse before they got better. And I still have issues off the tee - the short and mid irons were one thing but man the hybrid/3w/driver have been tough.

IMAGINE

Sitting a top your hill waiting with GLEE as your hear the USPS lady come down your road and stop in front of your mailbox. You wait, FULLY expecting her to turn into your driveway to deliver the new irons you ordered but INSTEAD are only left with the sound of her exhaust chugging to the next house. Saddened you take a nap and prepare for the Caps game tonight.

ONLY TO f****** FIND OUT THAT LAZY b**** DIDN'T WANT TO DRIVE UP YOUR GOD DAMN DRIVEWAY AND LEFT A "SORRY WE MISSED YOU" thing in your mailbox instead of delivering your clubs.

End rant. But seriously, she gets here at 1230 and I could have went to the range for like 3 hours.

Adams Speedline 9064LS 10.5*
Adams Speedline Fast 12 3 Wood 15*
Adams IdeaTECH 3 Hybrid 19*
Nike Covert 2.0 Forged 4-AW Nippon 950GH
Shitty Wedge
TaylorMade TPA VII

[quote name='AFSFK' timestamp='1430174214' post='11454133']IMAGINE

Sitting a top your hill waiting with GLEE as your hear the USPS lady come down your road and stop in front of your mailbox. You wait, FULLY expecting her to turn into your driveway to deliver the new irons you ordered but INSTEAD are only left with the sound of her exhaust chugging to the next house. Saddened you take a nap and prepare for the Caps game tonight.

ONLY TO f****** FIND OUT THAT LAZY b**** DIDN'T WANT TO DRIVE UP YOUR GOD DAMN DRIVEWAY AND LEFT A "SORRY WE MISSED YOU" thing in your mailbox instead of delivering your clubs.

End rant. But seriously, she gets here at 1230 and I could have went to the range for like 3 hours.[/quote]

Or be the guy that has tracking and didn't walk down to meet the USPS lady...

protos F4

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1430174513' post='11454163']

End rant. But seriously, she gets here at 1230 and I could have went to the range for like 3 hours.[/quote]

[/quote]

My driveway is long and steep as hell. Didn't think she'd do me like that.

Shitty Wedge
TaylorMade TPA VII

[quote name='AFSFK' timestamp='1430174905' post='11454205'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1430174513' post='11454163']

[/quote]

My driveway is long and steep as hell. Didn't think she'd do me like that.[/quote]

Hmmmm...maybe sit in your vehicle around 12 and wait for her like parents do for their kids to get off the bus.

protos F4

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1430175186' post='11454233']
[quote name='AFSFK' timestamp='1430174905' post='11454205'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1430174513' post='11454163']

[/quote]

My driveway is long and steep as hell. Didn't think she'd do me like that.[/quote]

Hmmmm...maybe sit in your vehicle around 12 and wait for her like parents do for their kids to get off the bus.
[/quote]

LoL. Searched for the post office on google to see how far it is. Found this

[size=3]The people in the actual post office are always courteous and professional, the nicest people around. The couriers from that office however are lazy and need some damn motivation. If you order a package and it doesn't fit, they will just leave a slip in your mailbox. Even though someone is present in the house, the slip will be marked, "NO AUTHORIZED RECIPIENT AVAILABLE" and they will NOT make any attempt to knock on your door.[/size]

Shitty Wedge
TaylorMade TPA VII

Report them to USPS. Unless you live out in bum@&@ Egypt the they are full time employees and should be held to a standard.

protos F4

Dont want to jinx it just yet but somehow I'm leaving for 4 days at Streamsong and the weather is forecast to be sunny, mid 80s and almost no chance of rain for 4 days in a row - unheard of in Central FL in May.

Definitely just jinxed it.

[quote name='gwchem' timestamp='1430176493' post='11454357']All you Baltimore people stay safe. The news is not pretty right now. Stay the hell out of those areas.

Tex, the shortcut was #10 at Chesapeake hills. You might have cleared it with about 375 yards on the line you took.[/quote]
If only I had a laser back then ;)

protos F4

[quote name='gwchem' timestamp='1430176990' post='11454405']Or course management.[/quote]

I tried that then my I hit a bunt 3 wood into a pond.

protos F4

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1430176183' post='11454333']
Dont want to jinx it just yet but somehow I'm leaving for 4 days at Streamsong and the weather is forecast to be sunny, mid 80s and almost no chance of rain for 4 days in a row - unheard of in Central FL in May.

Definitely just jinxed it.
[/quote]

Sounds great. Enjoy!

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

Anyone who lives within 500 miles of Baltimore and hasnt had the chorizo burrito at golden West... I don't understand your existence.

Go on a day when you're in the mood for a coffee and a breakfast beer.

Baltimore is rocking right now. I drove through downtown at about 6. It was weird. Dead quiet. Very little traffic. Tons of cops in riot gear.

Dont want to start a fight because I'm getting off line... But don't forget how this started. No one was doing this 10 days ago.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green