2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

DJ vs. DJ, MCS technique levels the playing field between athletic phenom and your average couch po

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea and he should probably edit his article as well ... especially this quote ...

[i][color=#444444]Well, considering that was [/color][/i][color=#444444][i]my[/i][/color][i][color=#444444] [/color][/i][s][i]first[/i][/s][i][color=#444444] 2nd driving range session in 6 months, and I’m no where near my peak swing shape[/color][i] (that will be in a month or two, depending on how much work I can get in)[/i][color=#444444], I’d say the [/color][b][i]MCS[/i][/b][color=#444444] technique blows away anything found on the[/color][b][i] PGA Tour[/i][/b][color=#444444] for efficiency and power production.[/color][/i]

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Good idea and he should probably edit his article as well ... especially this quote ...

[i][color=#444444]Well, considering that was [/color][/i][color=#444444][i]my[/i][/color][i][color=#444444] [/color][/i][s][i]first[/i][/s][i][color=#444444] 2nd driving range session in 6 months, and I’m no where near my peak swing shape[/color][i] (that will be in a month or two, depending on how much work I can get in)[/i][color=#444444], I’d say the [/color][b][i]MCS[/i][/b][color=#444444] technique blows away anything found on the[/color][b][i] PGA Tour[/i][/b][color=#444444] for efficiency and power production.[/color][/i]

Taylor Made Spider Mini

[quote name='lefty57' timestamp='1429540015' post='11397255']

[/quote]

A good stock pick might be Winnebago ([color=#878787][size=1]Winnebago Industries, Inc. [/size][/color][color=#878787][size=1]NYSE: WGO[/size][/color]) with every 40 to 50 year old guy mortgaging the house to get himself one to go on tour.

[/quote]

A good stock pick might be Winnebago ([color=#878787][size=1]Winnebago Industries, Inc. [/size][/color][color=#878787][size=1]NYSE: WGO[/size][/color]) with every 40 to 50 year old guy mortgaging the house to get himself one to go on tour.

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429540516' post='11397305']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hysterical ... some people have no shame. But there are idiots who are so desperate they'll buy in ...

Taylor Made Spider Mini

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429540516' post='11397305']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hysterical ... some people have no shame. But there are idiots who are so desperate they'll buy in ...

Taylor Made Spider Mini

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429539862' post='11397235']
Perhaps I should change the title of this thread with you guys asking for honesty:

[b] DJ vs. DJ, MCS technique levels the playing field between athletic phenom and your average couch potato with poor hand eye coordination and a bad back.[/b]
[/quote]

This guy with poor hand-eye coordination?

"Despite not having played organized ball before the 10th grade, I decided to give high school basketball a shot.

I only played two full seasons of high school basketball, but I did set the senior team school scoring record in a tournament with 50 points in a game against a top-ranked Toronto area school."

[quote name='Chief Cowpie' timestamp='1429542621' post='11397565']
Lefty57, that was not meant to be taken literally. The point is the feel of learning and applying MCS technology will get you fancifully dreaming of possibilities with the new found potential.
[/quote]

that anyone can start a blog with random philosophies that bounce around and are not actually laid out in a detailed manner and people will pay to be apart of it

I mean DJ watts makes dustin johnson look like a worn out gym rat with no ability to swing a club with a natural kinetic sequence

[size=5][color=#282828] At what point will iteach or Fort Worth Pro or Kiwi2 or any of these Mister Jones' venture outside of their little box to understand this rather than bemoaning what is happening should not be happening?[/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#282828] [/color][/size][size=3][color=#282828][/font][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#282828][font=Helvetica, sans-serif][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#282828]Chief,[/color][/size]
[color=#282828][size=4][/size][/color]
[size=5][color=#282828] [/color][/size][i][color=#555555] It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it.[/color][/i]
[i][size=6][/size][/i]
[i][size=4]Upton Sinclair[/size][/i]

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1429538057' post='11397029']
So does he even have scoliosis? Is this swing making his scoliosis worse?
[/quote]

tembolo, I don't know why you would think someone would lie about or make up a physical condition. OK, here goes:

Yes, I do have scoliosis, to the point where a chiropractor asked me at 18 (I had gone in for treatment for "jumper's knee") if I had the condition, because when I walked, my left shoulder was visibly (to him) lower than my right. My spine curves to the left at the base and then back right and up.

Because of this condition, I believed that the leftward lean was causing my shoulders to open prematurely on the down swing, but I'm not a doctor, and I was likely wrong on that. It was more likely that because I'm left-handed, I biased everything to the left which of course will cause an OTT move.

I solved the problem simply by following the model I built last autumn, my final MCS swing model, and my most pressing problem is that most of my swing library is obsolete. I am patiently waiting to renew this in a couple of weeks after I'm back in swing shape and on grass instead of matts. My most recent swing clips are adequate I suppose, but not where my swing will be with a couple of weeks' rust-shaking. Six months is a long time off.

I was wrong about the cause, which was simply not following my own model and short-circuiting the down swing sequence with the left-side pull. Once I realized where I wasn't following the model, it was quick work to correct my personal issue.

But I do have scoliosis. Luckily a family doctor said in my youth that my activity year-round in strenuous sports (and living in the country, much wood-choppng and ditch-digging, etc) kept my back muscles strong and my spine from bending further. It will never be straight, but I haven't gotten any worse. As I age and become less active, I might get a nasty surprise however.

DJ

[quote name='PutterKilledTheDream' timestamp='1429546379' post='11398039']
Is this thread basically a daytime soap opera for bored men?.....
[/quote]
Nope, it's for couch potatoes with average hand-eye coordination and since I don't qualify, I'm sticking with my "conventional" instruction.

Taylor Made Spider Mini

I believe wholeheartedly that you hit the ball a country mile. However, when you break down your swing, the evidence for consistency is minimal. Even if by some chance you hit the ball straight most of the time, I believe this swing would not work for the average golfer in terms of consistency in ball flight and ball striking.

If you are going to teach people a swing model based on a particular swing, that swing better produce phenomenal results. You think people would try to imitate Hogan if he never worked out that hook and continued to win nothing?

Also, no offence, but your swing is nothing like Nicklaus's.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

By the way, I early extend with the driver (and am continually trying not to). I play decent golf, but I would never teach any of my students to do so. At best, it's a move that requires incredible hand eye coordination to flip the club face at impact to somehow hit the ball relatively straight. Trying to play a draw with an early extension move is a recipe for uncontrolled, unpredictable snap hooks.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

DJ, maybe a different tact would help.

Can you provide any proof of your work with a student with some before and after pics, videos, or better yet, scores? We know you are an athlete who is also a large man, so seeing you hit the ball a long way and straight isn't really much proof of your MCS model. But, if you could provide us some pros or ams who work with you (keep the names confidential, if you like), that may go a long way to answering some of our doubts.

Just trying to help.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

This looks like the "Secret In the Dirt" stuff. Watching the SDS stuff, and this guy twirling around the club in his hands, and the disfiguring hand-wrist drills they use to illustrate the Secret moves…. Then, the star player (Elk), has the same looking swing he always had. How can this be revolutionary and there is nothing (if only minuscule) visual differences while executing the swing? Elk has a bunch of secondary tilt, and so does this MCS person.

maybe that cowpie fellow is a pro that used the swing technology and that's why he has glowing green poop now.

Chief where you at?

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

DJ, since you have admitted you took 6 months off, how seriously should we take your swing research/ golfing in general? Most guys who are good at teaching/researching this game seem to hone their craft year round, not take half of it off. Also, can you answer all the questions being asked or are you just avoiding the ones you don't know the answers to? If you don't answer this one, I will properly assume that the answer to that last one is "Yes".

[quote name='jgonz69' timestamp='1429577755' post='11402723']
Ok thanks. Thought you were gonna answer, not pile on.
[/quote]

Well, there aren't a lot of steep, saggy kneed, goat humping flip/throwers out there that I'd like to emulate. Can you play good golf that way? Yes. Would I recommend it, try to copy it or pass it off as the next hot swing theory? Heeellllll no.